FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » (Formerly Nerdfest) Atlanta/Kennfest is just days away! (Page 8)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: (Formerly Nerdfest) Atlanta/Kennfest is just days away!
Black Mage
Member # 5800

- posted      Profile for Black Mage           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, didn't realize I don't have an e-mail up. Whoever's the best source of information, drop me a line at Anthropo2605@gmail.com. I have to work out a few funky details, because what with drama practice this weekend, I'm not sure how much of WenchCon I can show up for.

And Ben, chili's not a good idea in either case. Either (A), it gives me the wind something fierce, or (B) I'm terribly unhealthy for consumption.

Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
im coming friday around noon as well. ben, if u have a cell number, please email ne it.
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like Ela and I aren't going to be able to come. We'd like to, but it's really a long way to drive by ourselves - we'd have to drive for what amounts to four days in order to see you guys for two days, and I don't drive so it'd be Ela doing all the driving. And if it's just the Atlanta clump coming, we can see you all some other weekend when we can get a cheap airfare in advance.

Have fun, whoever is going...

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
*high fives janex for not driving, and being approximately my age*
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, with the new developments, we have decided to rename this gathering simply, Kennfest 2006.

hopefully Nerdfest/Wenchcon can happen later this year with better attendance.

As it stands, we are still getting together this weekend, nothing has really changed accept the name and headcount.

word...

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

Ben, i really need a phone number to get in touch with u tomorrow. my email is keithfender@yahoo.com
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
I will also provide my cell number to anyone wanting to meet up.

I suggest that we have a public meeting place to begin with, such as somewhere in the Towne Center Mall (just off I-75 at the Barrett Parkway exit).

Is that cool with folks?

As to bringing food for a cook-out, I think the weather may be a bit rainy for that. We could still do a potluck-ish thing, if there is interest. I'm assuming Saturday would be best for that?

Black Mage, if it would make you feel better about meeting a bunch of internet people ( [Wink] ) I would be willing to give you my number in email and let your parents have my information, too. I'm an old married lady with kids and all, so I totally get the caution. [Smile] Email me at oliviaf AT bellsouth DOT net.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. Since I will definitely be spending all Friday with the crew, and with the news that Ela and JaneX will not making the really long drive, and the 'con' becoming more of a 'clump gathering', I don't feel like nearly as much of a bad person for, umm, sort of scheduling a date for Saturday night-ish.

[Angst] [Blushing]

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

you sexy studmuffin you!
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry about the cancellation guys. I was really looking forward to seeing you all [Frown]

I was really sick for two weeks after Xmas, and haven't really recovered yet - I wasn't really feeling up to driving 12 hours each way by myself. (Well, JaneX would have been with me, but she doesn't really drive yet, so I would have been doing all the driving. [Smile] ) I kept thinking up to the last minute that I would feel better, but I don't feel that great.

JaneX and I will stay home baking cookies and watching Cowboy Bebop to console ourselves. [Wink]

Interesting tidbit: I called this morning to cancel my hotel reservation, and apparently it had already been cancelled (I guess when the meeting room was cancelled?) So, if I had come up there intending to stay at the Wingate Friday night, I would have been screwed. [Eek!]

Have fun, you guys!!! We will be thinking about you

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
They must have cancelled it when the meeting room was cancelled, but I didn't tell them to, specifically.

I was planningon having you at my house, anyway. Ron didn't tell me, but his idea was to put you guys in the boy's room, and let the boys have a an adventure in a wee tent in the living room... So much for communication (I was telling him this morning that you weren't coming and that I would have been sort of ashamed to put you on the floor anyway, etc. Only to find out that wasn't the Plan at all. So NOW he tells me! [Wall Bash] )

Edit: ut I'm totally cool with it, and all. [Smile] I know you guys will have fun! [Smile]

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

here is my plan for friday.

Meet at my apt between 12-12:30. go out to grab lunch.

Joldo, are you interested in meeting us for lunch? old lady olivia may be there?

Black Mage
Member # 5800

- posted      Profile for Black Mage           Edit/Delete Post 
Right, I might be cancelling. I'll try to make WenchCon. But on Friday, I have, naturally, school, and after that practice for West Side Story. Saturday's choreography work, so I'd only be able to show up later in the day.

If I can't come, y'all make absolutely sure to have a lot of fun without me.

Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

Ben, please email me your address so i can mapquest it tomorrow morning.
krynn
Member # 524

ok, well nerdfest came and went and the turnout was not so great. even with only a few people we still managed to have a few good meals together and discuss the more important aspects of life: cereal, video games, movies.

a few of us saw Syriana together and we generally liked it, but wouldnt pay to see it again. so kudos to u Clooney for getting $25 out of us and mildly entertaining us for a couple hours.

Three new things that impressed me with my first real-life contact with other hatrackers were:
1. Ben's extensive movie and emulator/rom collection.
2. Being able to talk about the dorkiest things on the planet at dinner and not have to worry if anyone will understand you / elaborate with you.
3. Even with such a low attendance, i had a great time and would be willing to do it again sometime.

For those of you who came, it was a blast meeting all of you and we had a good time.

For those of you who didnt, well, i guess u will never know what terrible things we said about you. Though said things will surely be taken back if you make an appearance at the next gathering.

Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
*pies krynn*
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

So, umm, did anything happen on Saturday?
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

nope.
krynn
Member # 524

i woke up. followed ben around kennesaw for 25 min in my car, then went to chik-fil-a.
Taalcon
Member # 839

Hmm. Sorry I had to bail, but I think my resulting Saturday was significantly more fun *grin*
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.