FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Giants Shadow Resort (Irish Special Today Only) (Page 16)

This topic comprises 33 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  31  32  33   
Author Topic: The Giants Shadow Resort (Irish Special Today Only)
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm totally guessing at the singular, but could I have a Child of the Mocha?
*shivers*
It's freezing outside.

Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
You know what? I'd like another. Can I have some really thin bread sticks to go with it this time.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

- posted      Profile for Geekazoid99   Email Geekazoid99         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I Please get a Descolada Delight
If thats not avalible a Recolada Reminice will do
Oh and give me a large side of fries

Posts: 250 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Geek. I was wondering if anyone was coming by. The bartenders seem to be off duty.

Or passed out somewhere.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

- posted      Profile for Geekazoid99   Email Geekazoid99         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh so i'll be by the fire call me when one of the Bartenders come

OR
are you willing to try and make me the drink
i know you know where the key is to any drink
PLEASE [Frown]

If you decide yes i'll be by the fire
*Goes by the fire*
Mmm Toasty

Posts: 250 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Well, I DO know where Advent hides the key. I've been wanting a nice warm drink for a while, and I've been waiting pretty patiently.

If I fix me a nice warm drink, I'll make one for you, too. But I would like a tip.

Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
The bartender has arrived!

And since Sting says he would buy everyone a round on him, the next round will go on his tab.

So what can I get you all?

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to request that all of my loyal customers (and my assistant) join me in a IM chat on ideas for what you would like to see my Bar/Grill change.

This includes drinks, atmosphere, and other changes. So feel free to tell me what you would like to see change (hopefully on IM, not in the Bar).

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Ah! Advent! I hope that you don't mind that I let myself in and started up the fire. You'll notice that I didn't touch your liquors, even though I was sorely tempted.

Since the next round is on String, let me ask, what is your most expensive drink?

Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

I'll have a simple Descolada Delight
And also i'll also have two quarts on whatever that most expensive drink that Tante getting

Advent 115
Member # 8914

The Dr. Device and the Descoloda Delight.

And here you go Geeka.

Advent 115
Member # 8914

And Tante, since you are one of my most loyal customers I would like to invite you to my IM chat on how to change the Bar.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

<--Doesn't IM, prefers to be a barfly.
Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

Ahh Thank you
Now lets see what happens when you mix the two
*Combines them in one glass, Laughs maniecly*
I'll drink
*gulps it down*
Uhh what am i doing here i guessi'll go home uhh where is home
i guess i'll leave.

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

[Wave]
Advent 115
Member # 8914

*helps Geekazoid to the couch* Here just rest for a minute or two. You'll be aright in a while (I hope so at least, never tried to combine such strong drinks).

And I'm going to need your keys Geekazoid, I can't allow you to drive home, especially after drinking both drinks.

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Um, Advent, not to be a pest, but, ahem, my drink?
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Ohh, I'm sorry here is your Descolada Delight.

*passes Tante her drink*

Advent 115
Member # 8914

And Tante, is there anything that you would like to see changed? I am open to all suggestions.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Would you mind just leaving the place open all the time, so that I don't have to keep breaking in to the closed bar? And, if I start an account here, can I just help myself to what I like from the bar and grill, and you can just deduct it from my account?

Also, what is the point of keeping the comfy Afghans locked up in the back? Can we just have they laying on the backs of the squishy sofas, so that when your patrons come in from the cold, they can just snuggle up in front of the fire?

<sips Descolata Delight>

Uh, this is too strong for me, and too complicated. Could you please take it back and give me something simpler, instead.

Thanks! [Kiss]

Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I have something strong? I feel like celebrating!
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Hmm, I think I'll do that Tante. But I will need to hire another assistant to keep the Bar open 24/7. Is there anyone would recomend?

Hopefully someone who can serve the alcoholic drinks late at night.

Advent 115
Member # 8914

And I suggest the Regretful Savior for you Carrie.

*mixes drink*

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Carrie, I want to hear you say that in Latin.
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Hmm, Tante do you have any other suggestions? (consider the others already implemented)
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

I don't want to be a bartender. I want to be a barfly.

But it is getting late, my days are long, and I'm ready to go to sleep.

I see that you have put the Afghans out on the squishy sofas. Do you mind if I just crash here?

Carrie
Member # 394

Quidquidne fortem me dare potes? Volo celebrare!

(Eek! I normally go the other way!)

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Go ahead Tante.

*flufs pillow for Tante*

Feel free to rest as long as you need. The bar shall stay open 24/7 from now on and I still need to find a second assitant.

Carrie
Member # 394

Thanks for the drink.

*cautiously sips*

Advent 115
Member # 8914

Thank you, I hope you enjoy it.

Regretful Savior - It starts out sweet and slowly begins to become more and more sour with every sip you take until you are almost crying from the bitter taste.

::Warning, can become addictive::

Carrie
Member # 394

In that case, I'd best take this thing down!

*guzzles*

Oh, ouch.

[Eek!] [Cry]

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
Originally posted by Carrie:

Oh Out of Context Thread!
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

[Sleep]
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Be careful with that drink! I made these drinks strong, and I do mean STRONG. SO be careful, downing these drinks like that can be very dangerous.

And since you are drinking I am going to need your keys, you too Tante. Don't worry about getting home, I have a taxi service on call 24/7 from now on so that no one ever has to drive home cyber drunk. (I am very strict on this)

Carrie
Member # 394

quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:
quote:
Originally posted by Carrie:

Oh Out of Context Thread!
D'oh! *facepalm*
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Relax Carrie, take a seat by the fire and take a load off. If you need anything else just ask.

And if anyone has any suggestions they would like to make on how they want the bar/grill changed, please email me your ideas.

And thank you in advance, I really appreciate your help in making this a better and more fun thread. [Big Grin]

Carrie
Member # 394

I think perhaps sitting by the fire would be a good thing.

*wobbles over towards the fire, mercifully falling onto a sofa and missing falling into the fire entirely*

Advent 115
Member # 8914

*takes both Carrie and Tante's car keys*

Thank you. And just tell me when ever you need me to call your taxi.

*goes back to absent mindedly cleaning drinking glasses while also writing landmark*

Advent 115
Member # 8914

Hmm, what happened to all of my customers?
Carrie
Member # 394

*stirs*

We fell asleep. Sorry - but you did say we could crash here.

*re-cuddles up with a comfy pillow*

Advent 115
Member # 8914

Sorry, didn't mean to wake you up.

*goes about his work cleaning the joint while Tante and Carrie sleep*

String
Member # 6435

- posted      Profile for String   Email String         Edit/Delete Post 
How's it goin Advent!

woops
*lowers voice

Did I miss the party?

Posts: 278 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Yeah. Can I get you anything to drink?

Oh, and Tante and Carrie took you up on your offer to buy the next round hen I arived so they charged 20credits onto your tab.

String
Member # 6435

Works for me. I'll have a descolada myself. Been waitn' to try that one out.
Posts: 278 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
String
Member # 6435

Works for me. I'll have a descolada myself. Been waitn' to try that one out.
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Sure. Here you go. Please take notice of the drinks effects:

Descoloda Delight- It is a drink so out of this world that it feels like it is molding its flavor to your very cells. It’s a unique drink in the fact that it has no standard taste; it actually molds itself to your taste buds.

::Be warned, repeated consumption of this intoxicant may cause significant physical changes::

Enjoy your drink.

Reticulum
Member # 8776

- posted      Profile for Reticulum           Edit/Delete Post 
I need an Ammersmat. PLEASE?????
Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Here you go.

*passes Reticulum his drink*

Reticulum
Member # 8776

- posted      Profile for Reticulum           Edit/Delete Post 
*drinks* I'm gonna go sit by the fire. Another please.
Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Don't sit on Carrie or Tante.
  This topic comprises 33 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  31  32  33   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.