FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The movie quote game (Page 28)

This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  48  49  50   
Author Topic: The movie quote game
seekingprometheus
Member # 9825

- posted      Profile for seekingprometheus   Email seekingprometheus         Edit/Delete Post 
Morbo is the winner.
Posts: 57 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
bumpity bump.
Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for reminding me Senoj.
I'm glad to finally win, though without the hints I wouldn't have. [Big Grin]
I don't have a quote list ready but will start working on it. But I won't promise it will be ready before Wednesday at the earliest, possibly Thursday. If someone else has a list they can post today or Tuesday, be my guest.

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so tempted to put up like 20 quotes from Police Academy 5 or something similarly uninspiring.

Why? Because underneath it all, I am evil.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
"I'm calmer than you are."

Hope is a good thing, maybe even the best of things."

and an obvious one, but always great,
"Strike me down now and i shall become more powerful than you could ever imagine."

Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by krynn:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe even the best of things."

Shawshank Redemption
quote:
"Strike me down now and i shall become more powerful than you could ever imagine."
Star Wars: A New Hope

Don't know the first one on your list.

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
"I'm calmer than you are."
The Big Lebowski

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
libertygirl
Member # 8761

- posted      Profile for libertygirl   Email libertygirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Bump
Posts: 143 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

1) The rifle is the first weapon you learn how to use, because it lets you keep your distance from the client. The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn.
Leon (The Professional)

2) Last night, Darth Vader came down from planet Vulcan and told me that if I didn't take Lorraine out that he'd melt my brain.
Back to the Future

3) I am not a gun.
The Iron Giant

4) The next time I say, "Let's go someplace like Bolivia," let's GO someplace like Bolivia.
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

5) Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.
Dr. Strangelove: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

6) Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time. It's just not worth it. Derek says it's always good to end a paper with a quote. He says someone else has already said it best. So if you can't top it, steal from them and go out strong. So I picked a guy I thought you'd like. 'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'
American History X

7) I got somethin' to say. And then I ain't gonna say no more. He took advantage of me. An' if you fine, fancy gentlemen ain't gonna do nothin' about it, then you're just a bunch of lousy, yella, stinkin' cowards, the - the whole bunch of ya, and your fancy airs don't come to nothin'. Your Ma'am'in' and your Miss Mayellarin' - it don't come to nothin', Mr. Finch, not... no.
To Kill a Mockingbird

8) Either you can go to Japan together or in pieces. He fixed you once, he can fix you again. Now get in the box.
Toy Story 2

9) Good heavens. Are you still trying to win?
The Princess Bride

10) I hope they don't hang you, precious, by that sweet neck. Yes, angel, I'm gonna send you over. The chances are you'll get off with life. That means if you're a good girl, you'll be out in 20 years. I'll be waiting for you. If they hang you, I'll always remember you.
The Maltese Falcon

11) There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it.
Braveheart

12) A boy's best friend is his mother
Psycho

13) You talking about killing? Hmm? Y'all experts? Y'all know about killing? I'd like to hear about it, potheads [takes pipe and inhales drag] Are you smoking this s**t so's to escape from reality? Me, I don't need this s**t. I am reality.
Platoon

14) If you was hit by a truck and you was lying out there in that gutter dying, and you had time to sing *one* song. Huh? One song that people would remember before you're dirt. One song that would let God know how you felt about your time here on Earth. One song that would sum you up. You tellin' me that's the song you'd sing?
Walk the Line

15) *You* won my bet? You presumptuous insect, *I* won it.
My Fair Lady

16) - Why would a man leave his apartment three times on a rainy night with a suitcase and come back three times?
- He likes the way his wife welcomes him home.
Rear Window

17) - Was anything real?
- You were real. That's what made you so good to watch...
The Truman Show

18) C'mon Hobbs, knock the cover off the ball!
The Natural

19) I believe God made me for a purpose, but he also made me fast. And when I run I feel His pleasure.
Chariots of Fire

20) Well, I'm not used to supposin'. I'm just a workin' man. My boss does all the supposin' - but I'll try one. Supposin' you talk us all out of this and, uh, the kid really did knife his father?
12 Angry Men

[ November 29, 2006, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: SenojRetep ]

Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
15) My Fair Lady
16) Rear Window
17) The Truman Show
20) 12 Angry Men

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
5: uuhhh ... i feel like I know it ... it's right on the tip of my tongue ....

(Dr. Strangelove, to make it official)

9: The Princess Bride

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
18: The Natural

19: Chariots of Fire

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
2: back to the future
19: Chariots of Fire

Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
7. To Kill A Mockingbird

19. Chariots of Fire?

Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

Mwhaha! Quick fingers I have.
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

And ... hark, is that Braveheart I see at #11? I missed that the first go round.
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

Oh boy. 7 is To Kill a Mockingbird (how did I miss the "Mr. Finch reference"?) and 4 is Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. And while you didn't put a limit, I'll self impose one at this point until I get back from class this evening. Cuz I know 8 as well.

(sorry for the triple post)

Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
6. American History X
1. Leon The Professional

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

Boy, should've added my standard 3/3hrs rule. Didn't expect things to fly off the shelf like that; I thought y'all'd be rusty after a month long hiatus. Six clues remain.

Scores:
Dr. Strangelove-6
Leonide-4
Ben-2
calaban-1
Princess Leah-1

Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I know SIX of them, this time, and all of them have already been guessed by other people! Drat!

Well, to see if I'm right, and to make myself feel better, I'll post them anyway: [Razz]

2) Back to the Future
6) American History X
7) To Kill A Mockingbird
9) The Princess Bride
15) My Fair Lady
20) Twelve Angry Men

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

Hints on the last six:
Two cartoons, Two black & white thriler/noir types, One war movie, One biography

Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
14 is Walk The Line.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
13: Platoon
3: The Iron Giant

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn it, late again! I'd own you all if I was the only one answering!
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

No doubt, no doubt. That's where the element of obsessive forum surfing rules.

[Razz]

SenojRetep
Member # 8614

Current Scores:
DrS-6
Leonide-4
BB-2
Ben-2
calaban-1
Princess Leah-1
FToaS-1

The two black&whites are still left, as is one cartoon

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
3 is Iron Giant
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
8 is Toy Story 2
Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

Hints on the last two:
10) Humphrey Bogart as Sam Spade
12) Nor-MAN!

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Curse that Dr. Strangelove he's got the next round regardless of how well anybody does, unless Leonide comes out of the shadows to tie it up.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

10) The Maltese Falcon ?
12) Psycho. Thought it was, but wasn't sure. That or I was dejected by knowing six other quotes and being too late.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

Done and Done.

Dr. S takes the round.

Final Scores:
Dr. S-6
Leonide-4
BB-2
Ben-2
Nighthawk-2
calaban-1
Princess Leah-1
FToaS-1
JTK-1

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

You better post your list in the next 3 hours or so Dr. S, if you don't Ill be quite put out!
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

The soonest I can post is around 8. I'm in class until 6:30 and need some time to make the list (and eat dinner). Since timing does seem to play a part in it, what does everyone think is a fair time for me to post it? As soon as I can? Late tonight? In the morning? In the afternoon? Come up with a consensus and I'll be more than happy to appease.
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

Ack! I'm going to miss it again! Can you wait until... oh... 11am tomorrow? And call you call me the second you hit "Submit"?

Maybe not... Darn.

Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

I was thinking maybe around noon tomorrow would be fair, and that would give me enough time to not stress out over making it and stuff. Does that seem fair to everyone?
libertygirl
Member # 8761

- posted      Profile for libertygirl   Email libertygirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Of course the one day I don't really get on hatrack is the day this thread comes back to life [Roll Eyes]
Congrats Dr!!! [Smile]

Posts: 143 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

12 o'clock I'm posting it, just to let everyone know.
Rotar Mode
Member # 9898

- posted      Profile for Rotar Mode   Email Rotar Mode         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, fun!
Posts: 155 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

What time zone?!? Argh!!!
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

Eastern! GAH!
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

A bit early, but I need a shower before I got to class. I hope this suits everyone. 3 correct answers per 3 hours. It's not that hard, so I'd rather you not Google, but if you must, only use it to verify. And I think that's about it. Ready ... set ... go!

1. Don't fight it son. Confess quickly! If you hold out too long you could jeopardize your credit rating. Brazil - Nighthawk. Freaking trippy movie.

2. It's like my ex-wife. 21 different personalities and 7 of them hated me. Any Given Sunday - Vonk

3. Well the buzz from the bees is that the leopards are in a bit of a spot. And the baboons are going ape over this. Of course, the giraffes are acting like they're above it all... The tick birds are pecking on the elephants. I told the elephants to forget it, but they can't. The cheetahs are hard up, but I always say, cheetahs never prosper... The Lion King - Luet

4. I think my eyes are getting better. Now instead of a big dark blur, I see a big bright blur. Return of the Jedi - Nighthawk

5. All right, all right. Hey, I don't need this... I don't need this working-class-hero crap. Jaws - Vonk

6. Tractors is so dumb. Cars - SenojRetep

7. He really is in love with himself. I thought it was just a summer thing.

8. Tattoo on the lower back? Might as well be a bullseye. Wedding Crashers - Princess Leah

9. Quite frankly, we don't know much about it except that it's starts with some conflict or guilt that eventually leads to the patient's delusion that his body's been invaded by an alien intellegence; a spirit if you will. The Exorcist - Nighthawk

10. No, you drive that old busted joint. I drive... the new hotness. Men in Black II - Princess Leah

11. “Angel, ha! She's a female! And all females is poison! They're full of wicked wiles!”
”What are wicked wiles?”
”I don’t know, but I’m agin’ ‘em.”
Snow White and the Seven Dwarves - Altáriël of Dorthonion (mwhaha! I got the special characters and everything)

12. I have a theory that there are two kinds of boys. There are those that want to be astronomers, and those that want to be astronauts.

13. Because you're the $3,000,000 man.

14. YOU WERE A TOMATO. A tomato doesn't have logic. A tomato can't move.

15. Don't cry at the beginning of a date. Cry at the end, like I do. Jerry Maguire - Nighthawk

16. Is it just me, or does every woman in Queens have some kind of an emotional problem? Coming to America - Altáriël of Dorthonion

17. The details of your incompetence do not interest me. The Devil Wears Prada - Princess Leah

18. Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P Good Morning, Vietnam - Nighthawk

19. You have an immaculate record. Some guys don't trust an immaculate record. I do. I have an immaculate record The Departed - GiantReturns

20. From the moment I slapped eyes on this hombre, I smelled trouble. And re-fried beans. Maverick - vonk
(I love this movie)

Nighthawk: 5
vonk: 3
Princess Leah: 3
Altáriël of Dorthonion: 2
Luet13: 1
SenojRetep: 1

[ December 01, 2006, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: Dr Strangelove ]

Nighthawk
Member # 4176

4: Return of the Jedi
15: Jerry Maguire
18: Good Morning, Vietnam

Gah! I know others! I figure I'd answer some of the easier ones...

Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
8. Wedding Crashers

10. Men in Black II

17. Devil Wears Prada?

Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
3. The Lion King?
10. MIB 2

Edit: Gah! Beaten by a mere minute!

Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
17. The Devil Wears Prada
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
3. The Lion King
5. Jaws
20. Maverick

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

Just guesses, since all the ones I know are taken, but:
6) Cars
19) Mr. Roberts

Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Shoot! The ones I know are taken, AGAIN!

Except 11, which I SWEAR I know, but I can't quite recall at the moment what it's from...

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altáriël of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altáriël of Dorthonion   Email Altáriël of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
11.) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves

I'm in animation, I should know. [Wink]

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  48  49  50   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.