FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The movie quote game (Page 42)

This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  ...  48  49  50   
Author Topic: The movie quote game
Rodger Brown
Member # 11476

- posted      Profile for Rodger Brown   Email Rodger Brown         Edit/Delete Post 
16 - Pirates of the Carribean
Posts: 143 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pegasus
Member # 10464

- posted      Profile for Pegasus   Email Pegasus         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I think 2 is Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Posts: 369 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rodger Brown
Member # 11476

- posted      Profile for Rodger Brown   Email Rodger Brown         Edit/Delete Post 
2 is Raiders I think it is Belloch who says it that is pre melted face Belloch
Posts: 143 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pegasus
Member # 10464

9. Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
Posts: 369 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
[quote]EmpS: 2.5 points
JonHecht: 3 points
Senoj: 3 points
Rodger: 1 point
Pegasus: 2 points

And it was Toht, actually. Belloch was with said American at the time.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pegasus
Member # 10464

3 - Hero (really underrated movie IMO)
pooka
Member # 5003

I was actually thinking about Hero not too long ago, but that wasn't where I got it.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pegasus
Member # 10464

Huh, that quote would have fit right it... [Dont Know]
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
14 is from Ice Age?
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rodger Brown
Member # 11476

13 O brother where art thou
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
3? From Hero? Out of sheer curiosity, what part do you think that would have fit into?
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rodger Brown
Member # 11476

11 i think is Dave but its been a while since Ive seen it
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
15. No, I don't think he likes you at all... I don't like you either. --SW Ep. IV
"No, I don't think he likes you at all. No, I don't like you either."

Yeah, yeah trivial, but still.

quote:
18. Who's the greatest pilot you ever met? You're looking at him.
The Right Stuff

Correct line: Who's the greatest pilot you ever saw? You're looking at him.

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pegasus
Member # 10464

quote:
Originally posted by Mucus:
3? From Hero? Out of sheer curiosity, what part do you think that would have fit into?

Biggest reason was that it's the type of thing the main character would have said, that is, to insult someone and then say, "no offense". Also it seems to me that the quote was said in a bar, and I thought there were a couple bar scenes in that movie. Of course, this is the 1992 movie, there may be others.

This one is drivin' me nuts. I'm positive that I own the movie that this quote is in, my memory is just a little fuzzy.

Mucus
Member # 9735

Oh, that Hero. I thought you meant the 2002 one, which was pretty confusing.
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pegasus
Member # 10464

Was that the Jet Li one?

ok, try again...

3 - As Good As It Gets ?

hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
#6 - Bandits?
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

Pegasus: Yup
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Did I get #14 right? Or is it not from Ice Age?
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmpSquared
Member # 10890

- posted      Profile for EmpSquared           Edit/Delete Post 
Steve-- Im pretty sure you're right. Somebody isn't on top of being moderator though.

*nudge*

Posts: 368 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

Right, right. I was on all day, I just didn't see the thread. Looks like there's just three to go. Let's tally up the scores. Apart from the Hero controversy, all the others have been right.
pooka
Member # 5003

EmpS: 2.5 points
JonHecht: 3 points
Senoj: 3 points
Rodger: 3 point
Pegasus: 3 points
SteveRogers: 1
Alcon: 2 correction points
hansenj: 1

pooka
Member # 5003

:bump:
I should be in and out today.

Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
4 has really been annoying me, is it Gone With The Wind?
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

Right you are, the scene where Rhett proposes.
pooka
Member # 5003

There's still two out, I think.
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Is 7 ... Titanic? *runs away shamefaced* (Not a big fan of Titanic here)
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Is #10 either Shaun of the Dead or The Big Lebowski?
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Guess not then, huh?
pooka
Member # 5003

7 is titanic. 10 is neither of those.

sorry I'm such a sucky mod. I keep forgetting.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"No, I don't think he likes you at all. No, I don't like you either."

Yeah, yeah trivial, but still.

I think the uncorrected is a combination of that and the Cantina scene with Ponda Baba and Dr. Evazan (names are close but whatever) where he say "He doesn't like you...I don't like you either!"
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

I guess there is a precedent of giving clues so we can close the books on this one. # 10 is from a love story set mostly in New York- though I guess that particular line was uttered on the west coast.
P.S. not Sleepless in Seattle

[ May 22, 2008, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: pooka ]

SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
Just for fun. 3 guesses/3 hours.

1) Look, kid, I - how much you weigh, son? When you weighed one hundred and sixty-eight pounds you were beautiful. You coulda been another Billy Conn, and that skunk we got you for a manager, he brought you along too fast.
- It wasn't him, Charley, it was you. Remember that night in the Garden you came down to my dressing room and you said, "Kid, this ain't your night. We're going for the price on Wilson." You remember that? "This ain't your night"! My night! I coulda taken Wilson apart! So what happens? He gets the title shot outdoors on the ballpark and what do I get? A one-way ticket to Palooka-ville! You was my brother, Charley, you shoulda looked out for me a little bit. You shoulda taken care of me just a little bit so I wouldn't have to take them dives for the short-end money.
- Oh I had some bets down for you. You saw some money.
- You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it. It was you, Charley.
On the Waterfront

2) Do you think Death could possibly be a boat?
- No, no, no... Death is "not." Death isn't. Take my meaning? Death is the ultimate negative. Not-being. You can't not be on a boat.
- I've frequently not been on boats.
- No, no... What you've been is not on boats.
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

3) You see, before he came down here, it never snowed. And afterwards, it did. If he weren't up there now... I don't think it would be snowing. Sometimes you can still catch me dancing in it.
Edward Scissorhands

4) You don't care.
- We don't care? We do care!
- No you don't.
- That is just not true! Every person in this town bends over backward to make Bianca feel at home. Why do you think she has so many places to go and so much to do? Huh? Huh? Because of you! Because - all these people - love you! We push her wheelchair. We drive her to work. We drive her home. We wash her. We dress her. We get her up, and put her to bed. We carry her. And she is not petite. Bianca is a big, big girl! None of this is easy - for any of us - but we do it... Oh! We do it for you! So don't you dare tell me how we don't care.
Lars and the Real Girl

5) Not well? What is illness to the body of a knight-errant? What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again, and woe to the wicked.
The Man of La Mancha

6) *Math* is the great equalizer... When you go for a job, the person giving you that job will not want to hear your problems; ergo, neither do I. You're going to work harder here than you've ever worked anywhere else. And the only thing I ask from you is *ganas.* *Desire.*
Stand and Deliver

7) I'll tell you one thing, Fred, darling... I'd marry you for your money in a minute. Would you marry me for my money?
- In a minute.
- I guess it's pretty lucky neither of us is rich, huh?
- Yeah.
Breakfast at Tiffany's

8) So he showed up not dead yet. Let that be a lesson to you, boys and girls. Don't ever argue with the big dog, because the big dog is always right.
The Fugitive

9) I'm shakin' the dust of this crummy little town off my feet and I'm gonna see the world. Italy, Greece, the Parthenon, the Colosseum. Then, I'm comin' back here to go to college and see what they know. And then I'm gonna build things. I'm gonna build airfields, I'm gonna build skyscrapers a hundred stories high, I'm gonna build bridges a mile long...
It's a Wonderful Life

10) [I]s that what you think of when you think of me? Do I remind you of that night?
- Not at all. You remind me of everything that followed. Everyday since then has been a gift
The Namesake

11) Mister Hart, here is a dime. Take it, call your mother, and tell her there is serious doubt about you ever becoming a lawyer.
The Paper Chase

12) Do you think mighty Mouse could beat up Superman?
- What are you, cracked?
- Why not? I saw the other day, he was carrying five elephants in one hand!
- Boy, you don't know nothing! Mighty Mouse is a cartoon. Superman's a real guy. There's no way a cartoon could beat up a real guy.
- Yeah, maybe you're right. It'd be a good fight, though.
Stand by Me

13) Mind-bottling, isn't it?
- Did you just say mind-bottling?
- Yeah, mind-bottling. You know, when things are so crazy it gets your thoughts all trapped, like in a bottle?
Blades of Glory

14) You're a scammer and you're a manipulator. You think that I don't know you? You are dead wrong. The only thing that has ever come out of your mouth is lies. Six years old... the paint... the paint all over your hands. All over our couch? 'I didn't do it.' 16 years old with the beer cans in my car. 'I didn't do it.' Let me hear you say it again, Alice. Come on! Let me hear you say it in here, huh? Come on, one for old times' sake!
- [screaming] I didn't do it!
Brokedown Palace

15) You're some piece of work... You're also a natural character.
- [to Carmen] You see? I been tellin' her that. I got natural character.
- That's not what I said, kid. I said you *are* a natural character; you're an incredible flake. But that's a *gift*. Some guys spend half their lives trying to invent something like that. You walk into a pool room with that go-go-go, the guys'll be *killing* each other, trying to get to you. You got that... But I'll tell you something, kiddo. You couldn't find Big Time if you had a road map.
The Color of Money

16) Do you know why I hired you? I always hire the same girl- stylish, slender, of course... worships the magazine. But so often, they turn out to be- I don't know- disappointing and, um... stupid. So you, with that impressive résumé and the big speech about your so-called work ethic- I, um- I thought you would be different. I said to myself, go ahead. Take a chance. Hire the smart, fat girl. I had hope. Anyway, you ended up disappointing me more than, um- more than any of the other silly girls.
The Devil Wears Prada

17) Oh my, this is a twist in our story! It's the brave little princess coming to the rescue. I guess this makes you the damsel in distress, huh, handsome?
Enchanted

18) Sweet. Ginger. Brown
The Flamingo Kid

19) This is my house, I have to defend it.
Home Alone

20) Look at those palm trees. Damn! You know what that means?
- Yeah. Watch out for falling coconuts.
The Karate Kid

21) What's the Czech for "Do you love him"?
Once

JonHecht - 4
Tara - 3
Carrie - 2
Raia - 2
rollainm - 2
Strider - 2
Amilia - 1
BB - 1
EmpSquared - 1
katharina - 1
Nighthawk - 1

[ October 08, 2008, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: SenojRetep ]

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tara
Member # 10030

- posted      Profile for Tara   Email Tara         Edit/Delete Post 
3) Edward Scissorhands
4) Lars and the Real Girl
21) Once

Posts: 930 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
1) On the Waterfront
16) The Devil Wears Prada
19) Kingdom of Heaven?

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
19) Home Alone
Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
7) Breakfast at Tiffany's
17) Enchanted

What does this say about my taste in movies?

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

13) Zoolander
Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
12) Stand By Me
15) The Color of Money?

edit - thanks for giving it to me...fixed the number

[ October 07, 2008, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: Strider ]

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
rollainm-

Not Zoolander. Good guess, though.

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
9) It's a Wonderful Life.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

9. It's a Wonderful Life
11. The Paper Chase (My Latin prof loves quoting this movie)
20. Karate Kid!

Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

quote:
Originally posted by SenojRetep:
rollainm-

Not Zoolander. Good guess, though.

Aw man...I thought I had that one...

Dodgeball!

Right...?

SenojRetep
Member # 8614

Nope. Not Dodgeball either. Right genre, wrong actor.
rollainm
Member # 8318

Grr...
rollainm
Member # 8318

Blades of Glory, final answer!!!
Itsame
Member # 9712

10. Finally realized why this quote was so familiar, I read the book *and* saw the movie. The Namesake. Admittedly, he's not as awesome without Neil Patrick Harris.
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
13) Knocked up
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmpSquared
Member # 10890

- posted      Profile for EmpSquared           Edit/Delete Post 
6. Stand and Deliver
Posts: 368 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

quote:
Originally posted by EmpSquared:
6. Stand and Deliver

I should have known that one. I had to watch it 3 times in high school.
  This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  ...  48  49  50   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.