FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Lost Season 3 Discussion - Spoilers Galore! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Lost Season 3 Discussion - Spoilers Galore!
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
Not in my opinion. I think the two look too different.

As for who was working on Juliet's plumbing at the beginning, I couldn't really tell, but a lot of other people are saying it was Ethan for sure. Take that for what you will.

Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akhockey
Member # 8394

- posted      Profile for akhockey           Edit/Delete Post 
I just went back and watched the beginning on iTunes, and there's no question that the pipe-fixer was Ethan. He stands up from the pipes and you can clearly see his face through the fence/bars.

***Spoilers Season 2: Episode 1*** (For anybody who hasn't seen)

Also, this episode isn't *that* much different from the first episode of Season 2. We are introduced to Desmond/The Hatch, we are introduced to Juliette/Hydra Station. We don't see what happened to Sawyer/Jin/Michael, we don't see what happened to Locke/Echo/Charlie. We get a hostage situation with Locke, we get a hostage situation with Juliette. With Locke, Jack says he doesn't care if Desmond kills him. With Julietter, Ben says he doesn't care if Jack kills her.

Posts: 193 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Is anybody else happy that Nathan Fillion is going to be in 2 episodes of this season of Lost?

http://whedonesque.com/comments/11518#more

I know I am [Wink] Does anybody else think that Nathan looks a bit like Ethan?

http://images.evdb.com/images/large/I0-001/000/081/185-8.jpeg
http://www.thelostaways.com/images/characters/ethan-big.jpg

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to know about the danged button.
If the Others know the button keeps them safe(if it really does), then why don't they have someone to push it? Or do they use Desmond, the first guy, and now Locke, etc. to push it?

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

I don't know that the Others knew about the button before Henry Gale/Ben got captured. They know about it now though. If Ben was telling the truth to Locke though and he didn't push the button during lockdown, then maybe he thinks it's not a real concern (even though we know it is).
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
Is anybody else happy that Nathan Fillion is going to be in 2 episodes of this season of Lost?

http://whedonesque.com/comments/11518#more

I know I am [Wink] Does anybody else think that Nathan looks a bit like Ethan?

And their names are almost anagrams.

But Nathan is way cuter.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Elizabeth:
I want to know about the danged button.

It's an Easy button. If they press it, staplers and sticky notes will fall from the sky.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's official, I'm happy with just "hearing about" what happens now.

That was the weakest season 3 premiere ever. I'm tired of the sheer random bull they're putting in. Yeah it "relates" kinda maybe...

Flashbacks are officially boring now. We KNOW who Jack is we've spent 2 seasons with him. Can we move the story events a little quicker?

Guess not. ABC luvs the cow.

<Edited out profanity --PJ>

[ October 11, 2006, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: Papa Janitor ]

Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

Crazy stuff, particularly at the end. So it's confirmed that the Others do have contact with the outside world. Also they may have been there for a long time (what with Ben saying he had been there his whole life).

I'm really looking forward to next week's episode as well. While I like my Others stuff, I did want to see the other side of the island again.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I thought it was interesting what Sawyer said about the blond woman, that she would have shot Kate, no problem.

And what is up with the love triangle between the to blond women and that horrid Ben?

Also, I forgot to tape the show for my husban d, an avid Red Sox fan. I am in big, big trouble.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
Sayid's plan was ridiculously stupid. If the others have outsmarted them at every turn, how could he possibly think a 2-man ambush was going to be successful?

Leaving Sun in the boat, unprotected...

Needless to say, I groaned.

Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

I agree. When I heard Sayid's plan, I was like "I don't care how much army training you have, you can't pull of a 2 man ambush against an unknown number of Others. It just won't work."
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
First of all, I squealed when Henry Gale/Ben showed the footage of the Red Sox winning the World Series, and I laughed hysterically when Jack didn't believe him at first.

I agree with the fact that Sayid's plan was stupid. Seriously, I would have thought him smarter than that.

I'm not sure about the kid in the other cage, or where he went. I have a feeling he's an Other, but I'm not entirely sure.

The plumber fixing Juliette's house WAS Ethan. I'm sure of it.

The thing I'm really wondering is who blelieves that Sun's child is actually Jin's, or whether it's Jae's. Because, it seems impossible that Jin could father a child from what we've seen, and yet Sun didn't have any morning sickness until about 1.5 months later. How do you explain that?

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

I think Jin is the father. With the sort of healing properties of the island (with Locke being able to walk and Rose's cancer going away), it's not far fetched to believe that Jin's problem was fixed.
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
maybe we'll eventually find out that Locke's disability was really all mental the whole time, and that there was nothing physically wrong with him.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
The whole Jin/Sun/Sayid part of the episode was a waste. None of the actions made sense, there was no real plot progressions, seemed like a bunch of filler and an excuse to put in more back story for Sun.

I love LOST, but so far, Season 3 is dissapointing me. They're dragging everything out too much. How many scenes do we need of Jack being a cry-baby in the tank and Sawyer hanging out in a cage? Get to the point already! I felt like I was out there breaking rocks.

Speaking of which, even considering that they've been semi-industrious on the island, I don't think Kate could spend several hours working a pick without having her hands completely blistered.

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think Ben knows about Desmond. He didn't know about the sailboat, which shows that there are serious gaps in the Others' espionage machine.

And I'm glad they didn't abandon the fish biscuit. That's totally the best thing about season 3 so far.

Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Sawyer was hilarious. I love his smart mouth and nick names for everyone. He broke it up enough that I wasn't bored (edit: "bored" probably isn't the right word because I love Lost but it has left a lot to be desired).

I did think it was interesting that Jin can suddenly understand English so well that he could figure out the sabotage the Others plan. It seemed too convenient to the plot that he waited until that point to reveal this rather than gradually as he progressed at learning the language.

Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

It didn't seem like that big of a shock to me. He's gotten better at English over time, occasionally saying things in English and sort of nodding that he understands when others talk to him (particularly in season 2). Heck, he said "I love you" in English to Sun last season. It doesn't surprise me that he could put things together when overhearing what Sun and Sayid were talking about (I mean pick out key words he probably knows and you get a very rudimentary idea of what's going on and I think Jin's smart enough to extrapolate from there).
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone notice Trixie was in last night's episode? I kept expecting her to offer to pay for something "Or you can take it out in ****"
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
pfresh85, I guess that's true about Jin getting better and better in his English skills, I would have thought that Sayid and Sun would've tried a little harder to not let him overhear their plans then.
Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

Yeah, I would have thought so as well (I mean just because he doesn't speak English doesn't mean he's deaf). I guess they'll have realized that for next time though.
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
It was bad writing. Sayid would have known better than to set up an ambush with only 2 people (one of which he had know idea how handy with a gun he was) and left the boat undefended. They all knew the Others had a boat. Why would they assume they'd come by land?

It was a way to make sure they were off the boat. I'd like to think they could have come up with a more plausible reason that they did.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

I think it wasn't only overhearing words, but also the *way* in which they were talking and the actions Sayid was taking. I think all those things put together with maybe a few words of English Jin understood helped him figure out what was going on.

I thought the episode was really good, though I am REALLY excited to get back to the other side of the Island and the hatch. But Sawyer was great. Getting a little more inside look at The Other's was interesting. I agree with what Sawyer said about the blonde woman shooting Kate. Even though she's been set up to be really sweet and likeable and at odds with Ben, you can tell there's more going on, especially with that weird love triangle thing. I think it's obvious though that The Others are trying to convert Jack. They've purposefully seperated him from the other two and though he's still locked up, are treating him completely different.

Also, if we can take Rousseau's possible daughter at face value, then the kid we met in the cage across from Sawyer is most likely not an elaborate set up by The Others, but an actual dissenter in The Others community. Which brings up some other questions. Where is Rousseau's daughter living that she's not around for any of this? Where are all the people that The Others have kidnapped?

The Others definitely did NOT know about Desmond. The question is, did they know about what's his face military man that was there?

I was psyched Sun shot that woman. They keep saying THEY'RE the good guys. But they never explain why and keep doing horrible things. If they really were THE GOOD GUYS then they wouldn't have to go about it the way they do.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
"It was bad writing. Sayid would have known better than to set up an ambush with only 2 people (one of which he had know idea how handy with a gun he was) and left the boat undefended. They all knew the Others had a boat. Why would they assume they'd come by land?"

It wasn't exactly that they didn't think they'd come by boat, it's that they thought that capturing them was the objective, not capturing the boat. My guess is that Sayid didn't expect them to just take the boat and run, but find out where he was located. Although, leaving Sun in the boat was rather stupid, even at that.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

"The Others definitely did NOT know about Desmond. The question is, did they know about what's his face military man that was there? "

If they new about the Military man, they would have been keeping tabs on him, and therefor, tabs on Desmond.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

for anyone who wants to have some fun. Go to google and type "Benjamin Linus". click on the sponsored link on the right.

For more fun, click on the "Clients" link at the bottom right.

Read the Newsflash.

For the lazy among us:

quote:
Mack Thompson Sues The Hanso Foundation! Mack is proud to finally notify the public that he has formally filed suit againt The Hanso Foundation following the foundation's acquisition of Oceanic Airlines. The lawsuit has been filed against the HansoAir subdivision in the State of California. This lawsuit is the culmination of several years of suspicion surrounding the activities at The Hanso Foundation.

Mack Thompson Law finds this case very important to the people and will release any information we can to the public as it is available. At this time the courts have limited the information that will be released to the public. This is the result of the legal team at Hanso and our legal team will fight this decision. We can release the following information.

On September 29, 2006, our legal team filed a civil suit against a subsidiary of The Hanso Foundation, HansoAir, in the Second District Appellate Court of California. Proceedings will take place in Division Three courts in Los Angeles. You may recall that Los Angeles was to be the destination of Oceanic Airlines Flight 815, a jet liner utilizing a test version of the Artificial Intelligence Piloting System (AIPS) supplied by The hanso Foundation.

Shortly after Oceanic Airlines went backrupt the company was bought out by The Hanso Foundation. Oceanic Airlines and its employees avoided Chapter 11 bankruptcy with the acquisition but many employees found themselves unemployed when the dust settled. Mack Thompson Law has made a connection between each employee terminated and the events surrounding the crash of Flight 815. The allegation put forth is that HansoAir wrongfully terminated over 200 employees due to their possible knowledge of illegal, immoral, and unethical activities committed by The Hanso Foundation.

Strider
Member # 1807

quote:

If they new about the Military man, they would have been keeping tabs on him, and therefor, tabs on Desmond.

hmm...good point. But then who did they think was pushing the button?
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It wasn't exactly that they didn't think they'd come by boat, it's that they thought that capturing them was the objective, not capturing the boat.
He's ex-military. Granted, he's not a tactician, but he should know better than to leave his only means of escape undefended.

I was just wondering about the fact that Desmond caused the plane to come down, but that didn't explain how the plane ended up over the island in the first place. Strider's post clears that up a bit, but that's still a pretty coindidence that the plane's autopilot brought it there just at the right time.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

This show is all about coincidence! It's one of my favorite aspects and I hope it all gets explained in a manner that doesn't suck!
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

quote:
I hope it all gets explained in a manner that doesn't suck!
Indeed.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
See I didnt like Sawyers comment about the blond girl being willing to shoot Kate. She had her gun maybe half a foot from Kate's stomach, and she was fixing her eyes on Sawyer.

Kate is a hardened criminal and she definately knows how to handle a gun. How hard would have been for her to disarm the girl holding the gun? Even if not that, simply grabbing at the gun and scuffling for it. Kate knows how to hit people, why would she just stand their helpless and not remove the only obstacle from her and Sawyer having both guns and complete control over that group of others.

Sayids plan was even more pathetic as he had formulated it and not told Sun the details at all. In effect he was planning on ambushing the Others with one of his party completely unaware of his plan. How stupid is that? Did he really think Sun couldnt handle the details?

When Sun had the gun pointed at the woman I felt in my gut that Sun was going to shoot her. It was really satisfying to see Sun step up to the plate and swing. But then that reminded me of Kate just standing their whimpering and I got annoyed again.

The others having access to the outside world completely took me back. I like that development.

I like the show so far, but I will still be happy to get back to Locke, Charlie, Mr Echo, and the defense system/monster.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
I understand Sayind not telling Sun until forced. He figured she'd tell Jin, and if so, there was a good chance he'd take the boat home before the ambush. Hence him explaining to her to keep it from Jin a little longer, until there was no going back on the plan.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Originally posted by Bokonon:
I understand Sayind not telling Sun until forced. He figured she'd tell Jin, and if so, there was a good chance he'd take the boat home before the ambush. Hence him explaining to her to keep it from Jin a little longer, until there was no going back on the plan.

-Bok

So his original plan was an ambush with only 1 of the 3 party members aware of the plane? That makes me hate it even more.
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
That, or he would only tell them when they had no option to refuse the plan.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The others having access to the outside world completely took me back. I like that development.
There has been evidence of this for a long time. Last week, the blond girl had an entire folder of information on Jack which she had clearly gotten from the outside. Last season there was food dropped in by parashoot and a washer and dryer in the hatch that were clearly much newer than everything else. There has been evidence for sometime that at least someone in the outside world has been sending stuff to the island.

Even with Ben/Henry's most recent revelation, we have no real evidence of two way communication with the outside world. That is we have reason to believe that the others are getting messages and possibly supplies sent from the outside, but no evidence that they are able to send messages to the outside world.

I would also like to remind people that everything Henry Gale (now Benjamin Linus) said last season, turned out to be a lie. What's more, he was clearly playing mind games with all of the cast aways he met. I see no reason to believe that this is not what he is doing now.

The big problem I see for this show is that for 2+ seasons now, all they have done is introduce questions. Questions about the island, questions about the crash, questions about the others, questions about Dharma . . . They are going to have to start answering these questions soon and as Strider put it "in a manner that doesn't suck". The problem is that it is much harder in fiction to come up with satisfying intriguing answers than to come up with mysterious questions. Somehow the writers need to start revealing parts of the answers enough at a time to make viewers feel like the show is going somewhere and yet not so much to spoil the mystery. Unless they have some sort of over arching plan, that is going to be really hard.

If all they do this season is raise more questions like they did last season, I predict that the show won't have a 4th season and will end up with some really lame 2 hour deus ex machina ending.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"Lost" (16.6 million, 6.7/17) won the 9 p.m. time period, but was down 2.2 million viewers from last week's season premiere. In the second half, "Criminal Minds" (16.5 million, 4.4/11) outdrew "Lost" by 500,000 viewers. NBC's "The Biggest Loser" averaged 7.4 million viewers and a 3.0/8, while The CW's "One Tree Hill" averaged 3.3 million viewers and a 1.5/4.

Wed Ratings at Yahoo

I know I'm getting tired of waiting for some sort of answer to at least one of the questons they raised. I can't sustain this level of interest for much longer.

Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

"hmm...good point. But then who did they think was pushing the button? "

1) He said he has signed up for the Dharma Initiative, which suggest that he worked for The Other's, and therefore they should have known about Desmond.

2) Military Guy was definately under the impression that the button HAD to be pushed, otherwise, he would have told Desmond about the boat and they both could have left. And yet, Ben intentionally tries to get Locke to not push the button. This suggest that Military Guy was not working for the Others.

My guess is that the "Others" didn't exactly know about the Button, or didn't care, which means the button is, unfortunately, meaningless.

It is possible, however, that they were keeping tabs on the military guy and knew about Desmond, BUT the guy NEVER mentioned that the boat was still intact or that he was rebuilding it.

The problem is if they knew about the Button, then they knew about Desmond. If they didn't know about the button, they are not the scientists from the Dharma Initiative.

Strider
Member # 1807

My reason for thinking that The Others(or at least
Ben) knew about the button is when Ben tries to get Locke to not push it. He says he sat there and watched it count down and nothing happened. It just reset itself. this was obviously a lie. Because we know what happens when the button isn't pushed. I think the reason he told Locke that was all part of the tests they're doing on everybody. And that was a test of Locke's faith.

Also, when Desmond flips the failsafe, Ben is the only one of The Others who seems to know what's going on. The rest are covering their ears and looking around wildly. Ben just looks up with a sort of pissed off look on his face. And then when he can't take the sound anymore covers his ears.

MightyCow
Member # 9253

quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
Kate is a hardened criminal and she definately knows how to handle a gun. How hard would have been for her to disarm the girl holding the gun?

My thoughts exactly. She's never shown any difficulty with violent situations in the past. She's shot people, she's fought with people. Unless Juliette has some martial arts training, I don't think Kate would have any problem taking her out. I found it silly that she's been hard as nails up until now, but put her in a dress and she acts submissive.

I was hoping she'd go for the gun and Sawyer would start mowing people down. I'm tired of the others acting like bullies, and the good guys just taking it.

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

she'd also been doing hard manual labor for hours. She could've just been exhausted.
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that the Others didn't know about the button. But, as we saw, this does not make the button meaningless. Perhaps even the Others were duped by that guy in the video. Maybe they all thought it was a psychological experiment, and there's some even bigger authority watching from far away. That's what I betting on. Maybe the Others really AREN'T the bad guys. Hmmmm...... *goes off to ponder this new development*

And also, how did they get those nice suburban houses on the island? Did they hire a construction crew? I'm just a little confused.

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

"Kate is a hardened criminal"

Is she?
I thought she shot the person in the bank in more of a panic/self defense situation. I have missed a lot.

MightyCow
Member # 9253

If the others aren't "bad guys", they must be insane. They're certainly not acting like reasonable humans. They kidnap and kill people, stick them in cages, force them to do manual labor, spy on them, etc.

Either they're amoral, and don't care about anyone not in their little society, they're mentally unstable, or they're all sociopaths.

If they were good, decent people, they should have helped the passengers, instead of tormented and hunted them.

My current suspicion is that the Others are essentially criminals, and the island is their jail. They're treated well, they get homes, television, etc. But they're not allowed to leave. I think they want to use the passengers as a way to make a prison break, and just use them for their perverse enjoyment in the mean time.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Originally posted by Elizabeth:
"Kate is a hardened criminal"

Is she?
I thought she shot the person in the bank in more of a panic/self defense situation. I have missed a lot.

She also setup a bomb to blow up her mothers male interest.

She brutally assaulted the cop who was trying to arrest her when the car crashed.

In first season she had no problem getting the gun out of Sawyers hands and into her own. (this was after Sawyer shot the Polar Bear and we found out he even had a gun.)

Either way I have no extensive fighting skills but if somebody had a gun pointed at me that close and had their attention on my friend also with a gun, I know that the advantage the enemy has is very slight and certainly tables can turn.

At worst: I fail to disarm the person and I scuffle around with them for control of the gun (Sawyer could have put a bullet into the girl if he had a good shot during the scuffle) In a scuffle its not as bad as you think. Even then the fact the girl does not have the gun trained on Kate takes away ALL of her control of the situation.

At Best: The gun is knocked out of the girls hands and its on the ground. Sawyer either controls the entire situation or mows everybody else down. Theres alot of ammo in that gun.

If the girl had a gun to the back of kate's head and was using Kate as a shield that would be more believable. The fact she didnt just shoot Sawyer shows they really dont want to kill him or Kate IMO.

Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
You mean her father.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Ah!
I missed that.
Which season?

Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Season 2. the episode is called, imaginatively enough, "What Kate Did".
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Originally posted by Frisco:
You mean her father.

Thats right, its been awhile since I watched that episode, I was getting fuzzy on the details.

edited my post above for more details/thoughts.

sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

This whole thing with Kate...that's why I was wondering last week if there had been an amount of time that passed between breakfast on the beach to being put in the cage. If she was abused (although all we saw were the sores from the cuffs), I could see that taking a lot of steam out of her confidence. Abuse does bad things to a person, even one who is somewhat used to surviving.
  This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.