FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Fun stuff on youtube today (Page 12)

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  19  20  21   
Author Topic: Fun stuff on youtube today
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait... they played it as an infomercial, or they played it during a TV show?
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen the "Slap Chop" dance version on TV late at night. Think they have realized its potential.
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
They played it as an infomercial. At 5:30 in the evening. They followed it up with the actual infomercial, though.
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of good commercials
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
First of all - can I point out I do not, repeat NOT live in Cullman.

I am however, not that far away. In fact, our school plays them in football.

*shakes head*

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric
Member # 4587

- posted      Profile for Godric   Email Godric         Edit/Delete Post 
Sleeping Betty
Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Raymond Arnold:
Speaking of good commercials

I'd like to echo one of the comments on that youtube page.

That commercials makes me want to buy a mobile home and I don't even need one.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric
Member # 4587

The Prometheus Device
Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Godric:
The Prometheus Device

I can't understand why he felt he should use the device with out any sort of protective gear on. I think a sturdy work glove over the hand would be and obvious requirement.

It's an awesome device, but I wonder what practical uses it might have.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Armoth
Member # 4752

- posted      Profile for Armoth   Email Armoth         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't get over how funny this is:

Auto Tune the News:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0OzxvClwoU

Posts: 1604 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Originally posted by Armoth:
I can't get over how funny this is:

Auto Tune the News:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0OzxvClwoU

Why do I keep watching it, why why why?
malanthrop
Member # 11992

- posted      Profile for malanthrop           Edit/Delete Post 
http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/jjmnolte/2009/11/04/elementary-epidemic-11-uncovered-videos-show-school-children-performing-praises-to-obama/
Posts: 1495 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric
Member # 4587

This isn't the right thread for that...
malanthrop
Member # 11992

Sorry, they are all available on you tube...it's just that all 11 are consolidated on that site....next time, I'll put in 11 links.
Posts: 1495 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Armoth
Member # 4752

quote:
Originally posted by malanthrop:
Sorry, they are all available on you tube...it's just that all 11 are consolidated on that site....next time, I'll put in 11 links.

You didn't post 11 links in THIS thread...
Posts: 1604 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malanthrop
Member # 11992

You are correct...I posted one with 11 videos...seemed efficient at the time.
Armoth
Member # 4752

I don't think efficiency was the issue. I think content was the issue. "Fun stuff?"
Lisa
Member # 8384

I'm going to pretend he didn't post that and go watch that Auto-Tune news thing again.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Armoth
Member # 4752

Right? I'm addicted...I know em by heart...
Lisa
Member # 8384

A two-fer this time:

Drop of water

Roomba Pac-Man

Armoth
Member # 4752

Charlie bit me + Kanye + auto tune = GENIUS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuYDSa4BRaw&feature=player_profilepage

Kelly
Member # 9576

- posted      Profile for Kelly   Email Kelly         Edit/Delete Post 
And you thought Chucky was scary...
Posts: 104 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clive Candy
Member # 11977

- posted      Profile for Clive Candy           Edit/Delete Post 
Vladimir Putin having the time of his life.
Posts: 532 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

I know it's reckless to post a video before having seen it, but it's Wierd Al explaining auto-tuning! Let's see if he is about to let me down for the first time in my life.
Clive Candy
Member # 11977

Glorious.
Posts: 532 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
I had no idea you could link directly to a time stamp within a youtube video. cool.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

This song is just so much fun. It's also extremely nice to see Weezer looking like they are really enjoying being a band again.

If that wasn't enough I'm really digging Sara Bareilles' voice.

Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
The greatest feat in sports history?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vUhSYLRw14

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shmuel
Member # 7586

- posted      Profile for Shmuel   Email Shmuel         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked several of the above, but especially Lisa's "Drop of water" and Fitz's link just above.

The Adventures of Lil' Cthulhu

Posts: 884 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
Sand animation
Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

That's Nothing Else Matters at around 6:20! Metallica didn't rip that off of an older song did they?

beautiful video. I recognize a lot of the music from when I was a kid.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shmuel
Member # 7586

There are at least two different threads this could go into, but I like this one better. [Smile]

Stefani Germanotta performs two original songs at NYU, before she became Lady Gaga.

"Norah Jones, look out!"

(via Boing Boing)

Posts: 884 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Just watched the sand art performance from Ukraine's Got Talent.

That was amazing. Absolutely amazing that she could tell such a moving story given the medium, and that it was at once both emotionally effusive, rapidly changing, and so artfully done are all big shocks considering she's just moving sand around.

That was really something.

The Pre-Lady Gaga performance was nice as well. She did come off very Norah Jones like. That makes me want to hear her try her hand at something like "Cry Me a River" rather than "Just Dance."

ETA: Seriously, I love the sand thing. It's the best performance art that comes to mind. And she marries it to the music so perfectly.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shmuel
Member # 7586

I completely agree with Lyrhawn about the sand animation.
Shmuel
Member # 7586

Muppet Bohemian Rhapsody
Strider
Member # 1807

The Shake Weight
Scientific studies at a prestigious California university PROVE that the shake weight is AWESOME.

The Hawaii Chair
as seen on the Ellen Degeneres show

Clive Candy
Member # 11977

I think it's hilarious but some strident feminists hate it.

No one should hate this one however.

Strider
Member # 1807

Interviews at a Sarah Palin book signing.
Shmuel
Member # 7586

Clive? Could you be juuuust a tad more descriptive?
Strider
Member # 1807

It's pretty amusing actually. It's sort of like a PSA for using environmentally friendly cleaning products. It starts as a parody for a bathtub cleaner staring "shiny suds" that clean your bathtub. But the next day when the mom comes in to take a shower, those suds are still there, damaging our environment, and leering at her while she showers. There's some mild sexual content, but i can't imagine it's any worse than what regularly airs on tv.
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Clive Candy:
I think it's hilarious but some strident feminists hate it.

Of course you think it's hilarious. And of course you would label anyone who gets offended by it as a "strident feminist". You are a sick, twisted, pathetic man.
Clive Candy
Member # 11977

quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
You are a sick, twisted, pathetic man.

*blinks*
Shmuel
Member # 7586

It was funny; it was offensive; "strident" was uncalled for; all men are sick, twisted, and pathetic.

Moving right along...

Jimmy Fallon as Neil Young singing the Fresh Prince theme song.

Bob Dylan's... Christmas... polka?

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

SNL parody commercial.

I love the setup and the reveal.

Also I lost it for a few seconds watching this.

edit: Yes I know this is hulu not youtube, SORRY!

Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not even sure what to call this.

I'm going to go with "Queen/Super Mario Mash-up"

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

Surprised Kitty

I could watch this all day.

Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Strider:
That's Nothing Else Matters at around 6:20! Metallica didn't rip that off of an older song did they?

beautiful video. I recognize a lot of the music from when I was a kid.

Strider, I think that's the Apocalyptica version. They started off as a Metallica cover band... on four cellos. They're Finnish, I believe.
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Flash mob in Jerusalem
Traceria
Member # 11820

- posted      Profile for Traceria   Email Traceria         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Shmuel:
It was funny; it was offensive.

What this also was that has not yet been mentioned was a really "great" way to remind some women, feminists or not, of a time or times they have been the victims of sexual harassment or abuse.

I am, for the record, NOT a feminist.

Posts: 691 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Strider:
Surprised Kitty

I could watch this all day.

Somehow I got from that to this. (Warning: it's kinda graphic. Trust me, just keep watching.)
Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  19  20  21   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.