FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Lost Season 4 thread - Spoilers Welcome (Page 7)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Lost Season 4 thread - Spoilers Welcome
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Watch With Kristin. Great site about TV news.

The folks at Lost have been leaking between 2-4 short clips for upcoming eps each week. They call them "sneak peeks". Usually they show up around Sunday, from what I've seen, but Kristin has 2 for next week up already (direct link). One of the two for next week takes place on the boat, and one takes place back in Locke's camp.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reader
Member # 3636

- posted      Profile for The Reader   Email The Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Strider:
It was definitely a flashback. And not to brag(actually...just to brag) i called it from the very beginning of the episode when we first saw Jin. It just seemed like the kind of thing Lost would do. Then the rest of the flashes just confirmed it. When he actually goes in to buy the panda but isn't excited about his baby being born. When Sun is in the hospital she reacts really negatively to having the wedding ring removed and only mentions his name after she's been drugged. He doesn't seem like he's talking to Sun on the phone in his phone calls given his tone of voice, but then who would he be talking to? Who knows she's in labor? Then obviously the reveal at the end, that he's only been married two months, and his being dead in the future. Still, knowing it didn't lessen the impact, i kept hoping that he wouldn't be dead but would still be on the Island, as soon as Hurley said we should go see him my heart dropped.

This fits perfectly with the story Jack tells at the trial. He says 8 survived but 2 couldn't be saved. We had posited that the reason to add this seemingly unnecessary detail was because there were 2 bodies to explain when the 6 make it back to civilization. Well, we now know Jin is one of those bodies. Which at least means he won't die next week.

How is this a flashback? It seemed to be the earliest flash forward. Sun was mentioned as being one of the Oceanic Six by a nurse or aide that helped her into the hospital. She also gave the baby the name that Jin suggested.

I don't know why Jin would pretend to be dead, unless Mr. Paik were in on it. Perhaps Jin's fake death was part another deal.

Edit to add: Michael's return was probably the worst kept Lost secret ever, and I think he has been brought back just to die.

Posts: 684 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
Sun's story wasn't a flashback, Jin's was...
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reader
Member # 3636

- posted      Profile for The Reader   Email The Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't he see her in the delivery room for a split second before a guard closed the door? This would establish that it was a flash forward.
Posts: 684 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
No, he saw the daughter (?) of the business man to whom he gave the panda.
Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, sorry if i was unclear Reader, I was specifically talking about Jin's portion. Sun was a flashforward and Jin was a flashback. that was the big reveal at the end. why would they go visit his grave otherwise?
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anitablake
Member # 11526

- posted      Profile for anitablake   Email anitablake         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey I am a huge LOST and OSC fan so I thought I'd post. I can't believe Juliet told Jin about the affair and I think Sun should have knocked her out. I am all for her being the one to die.
Also, i just saw a screencap at darkufo.blogspot.com of an axe in the side of the ship they're on. What's that all about?

Posts: 6 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reader
Member # 3636

quote:
yeah, sorry if i was unclear Reader, I was specifically talking about Jin's portion. Sun was a flashforward and Jin was a flashback. that was the big reveal at the end. why would they go visit his grave otherwise?

I thought about what you meant. That makes sense now. It's still so obscure that someone not as into the show we are would see the events as happening at the same time.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
So if names mean things in this show, and Juliet is Juleit, who is Romeo? The stabbed-with-a-post fellow? Jack? Or Ben? Someone we don't know about?
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
According to the official Lost site's name generator, Sawyer would call me "Burnt Unit". I kind of like that.
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Link???
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I just realized.
Penelope.
Odysseus.
Desmond is Odysseus, trying to get home to Penelope.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

The Sirens.
Scylla and Charybdis.
The Cyclops.
The bag of winds.

He arrives on the island and is stranded, seduced by something, as Odysseus was seduced by Circe.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Oh, and he arrives on a boat. And he is a bit like Cassandra as well, able to predict the future, but with no one to believe him.
Strider
Member # 1807

Elizabeth, about Juliet, that's not only assuming that her name is meaningful, but also that it's *that* Juliet it's a reference to. I'm not sure about that.

I like your Penelope idea though.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Which island would it make the Lost island? I would think Cirde's island. People are lulled with leisure, and then turned into animals.
Marlozhan
Member # 2422

- posted      Profile for Marlozhan   Email Marlozhan         Edit/Delete Post 
Sawyer gave me a nickname too: Hawking.

Then I tried it two more times with the same answers. He decided to call me Professor, then Lightbulb.

Linky.

Posts: 684 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reader
Member # 3636

I tried three times, giving all of the same answers. He called me Blonde, Chewie, and Hawking. It's random.
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with you Scott. Perhaps not to the same extreme, but after a "very good" episode followed by a "great" episode and then a "decent" episode, was a shame to get a "bad" episode.

Jin's flashback did NOTHING for the story but attempt to throw the audience off. That's a cheap hack. If his flashback was somehow relevant, then it would have been forgiven. It wasn't though, and so was just lame.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmpSquared
Member # 10890

- posted      Profile for EmpSquared           Edit/Delete Post 
I just played all the way through Via Domus for X360. Are those spoilers welcome here? Because something happened in the game that could be incredibly relevant to the story right now.
Posts: 368 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

What's Via Domus?
EmpSquared
Member # 10890

It's a game for Xbox 360 where you play as one of the survivors that hasn't been named in the show. The game rips through, behind the scenes if you will, the first two seasons. You have amnesia and you try to regain your memory throughout the game, and the end has a huge reveal if the game is canon.
Posts: 368 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmpSquared
Member # 10890

Nevermind. It isn't canon.
The Reader
Member # 3636

quote:
Jin's flashback did NOTHING for the story but attempt to throw the audience off. That's a cheap hack. If his flashback was somehow relevant, then it would have been forgiven. It wasn't though, and so was just lame.
That's what I think. If Jin's flashback were relevant, it should have been alone and with reveals as to who and what is significant. That never happened. The next episode is the last one before the break and the final five of the season. It ends with a cliffhanger, so maybe we'll get what we want with an incredible episode.
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
It is entirely possible that Jin's flashback will be relevant but we don't know why or how yet.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

I tend to think the others are right, Jin's flashback wasn't really relevant and it's main purpose was just to throw the viewer off. The only argument for relevancy that can be made is that Jin talks to Sun about the man he used to be and that he's not that man anymore. So the flashback in a way reminds us of the man he left behind. But I agree that's stretching.
Jeorge
Member # 11524

- posted      Profile for Jeorge           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I tend to think the others are right, Jin's flashback wasn't really relevant and it's main purpose was just to throw the viewer off. The only argument for relevancy that can be made is that Jin talks to Sun about the man he used to be and that he's not that man anymore. So the flashback in a way reminds us of the man he left behind. But I agree that's stretching.

agreed. it reminds us of who he worked for, but really did little towards reminding us of who he WAS. Granted, one could argue that who you work for can say a lot about who you are, but even so, that's an awful lot of screen time devoted to saying "Hey! Don't forget that Jin used to work for an unscrupulous character!"
Posts: 324 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
Even thought it's not canon- what happens at the end of Via Domus?
Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmpSquared
Member # 10890

*SPOILERS FOR THE GAME*

You play an as yet unknown 815 survivor who has amnesia. You play the game to survive, and to regain your memory. You remember that you ratted out your journalist girlfriend who was trying to get the scoop on a dangerous guy connected to Thomas Mittelwerk and the Hanso Foundation. You did it so you could get the scoop. Anyway, this dangerous guy's bodyguard kills her, and you flee Australia to get away from this dangerous guy's lackeys because they saw you take a picture of him doing something shady. At the end of the game, you get a boat to get away from the island and Ben and Juliet tell you to use the bearing 325... the same bearing they told Michael to use. You sail away, and then suddenly you see Flight 815 break up over you, you knock out, you wake up on the beach, and your girlfriend, who is supposed to be dead, wakes you up in the middle of the initial time of the crash.

anitablake
Member # 11526

- posted      Profile for anitablake   Email anitablake         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm excited about tonight's episode, but it's sad it won't be back for three weeks.
Posts: 6 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmpSquared
Member # 10890

What, no one cares about that episode?

Who shot Karl and Rousseau is the next Who shot JR.

Realistically, what do you think happened? I don't think anybody from the boat shot them. An evil part of me thinks Ben either did it or knew it would happen, but I don't think even he could do it. Of course, it could tie into that little speech he gave Michael over the radio about not killing innocents in a war (ironically). And he's killed family before.

Or Jacob could be involved somehow. I think I'd like that better, since I'm positive the parts with Libby were orchestrated by the Island/Jacob. Now, why the Libby apparition didn't want Michael to blow up the boat is beyond me at the moment. I would assume that the last five episodes of this season are going to involve Jacob in a big way.

Jeorge
Member # 11524

My suspicion was that Ben arranged the shooting. After all, he's the one who convinced the three of them to head off into the jungle. We know he despises Karl and Delenn, and we already know that he is capable of arranging things like that.

But, since this is LOST we're talking about, there's probably some other, far more surprising explanation! [Smile]

Posts: 324 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kanelock
Member # 10982

- posted      Profile for kanelock           Edit/Delete Post 
Am I the only one who is upset about Rouseeu(not sure on the spelling) getting killed. She was a good character. [Cry]
Posts: 45 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

We don't know if she's dead yet.

My guess is that Karl died and and Rousseau didn't.

What was with Sayid? I really dislike Michael but that was just stupid- telling Captain Gault that he was undercover. I lost a lot of respect for Sayid then.

Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

Yeah, there's no way Rousseau is dead. I was also upset with Sayid. Oh the irony.

What was with Karl before he was shot? Did he subconsciously know something? Or was the power of the Island giving him a glimpse of his death? And did he really say "i've got a bad feeling about this?" Holy Star Wars reference Batman!

Shawshank
Member # 8453

Didn't they make several references to Alex's stomach/midsection last night? Like it might have implied she was pregnant- which is of course one of Ben's great fears.

I think Ben would have Rousseau and Karl killed off in order to be in control of Alex, I think to ultimately save her life. I think he knows that war is about to break out and Rousseau would definitely join and Karl probably would to- just to defend the Losties even, whereas Ben wants Alex to simply survive he has those two around her killed so that she won't enter the frey.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Did anyone hear the tv program when Michael was trying to kill himself? It was a game show with a Vonnegut question, but I could not hear the question. (the answer was Kurt Vonnegut.)
Then, the next question was, "Who was the protagonist?" I did not hear that either! I have been trying to hear it on the computer.

Also, I think Ben arranged the killings, and Alex was never in danger.

I think Sayid made a good move, based on his history with Michael. If he cannot trust him, then he must trust his enemy more and is taking his chances.

akhockey
Member # 8394

- posted      Profile for akhockey           Edit/Delete Post 
I think Ben orchestrated the killings. I wouldn't be surprised if he just told the Others who went to the temple to kill anybody who showed up with Alex.

I have no idea why Sayid did that, but he's usually right, so I'm sure we'll find something out.

Personally, I think that Creepy Skeletal Guy is on a separate team from Whidmore, and he put Naomi/Miles/Charlotte/Faraday/Pilot on Whidmore's boat for his own reasons.

Posts: 193 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anitablake
Member # 11526

Did anyone see the preview for lost returning? It said now we know the oceanic 6 and it showed Kate, Jack, Sayid, Sun, Hurley, and Aaron. How could Aaron possibly be one of the six? He wasn't on the manifest for the plane because he wasn't born yet.
Shawshank
Member # 8453

I don't think it's unreasonable for them to just say- he was born on the island. Maybe they're telling everyone that Kate bore him.
anitablake
Member # 11526

I'm not sure the time adds up for Kate having a child, due to the fact Sun hadn't had her child till they got back, there doesn't seem to be enough time even if Kate was pregnant before she got to the island.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Game show, anyone? What was the novel? Who was the protaganist?
anitablake
Member # 11526

Novel: Slaughterhouse 5 protagonist:Billy Pilgrim
Strider
Member # 1807

how long was Kate in Australia? she could've said she was like 6 months pregnant at time of plane crash.
Shawshank
Member # 8453

What are your guys' theories on Charles Whidmore? I'm curious.
Jeorge
Member # 11524

the question about the timeline of the pregnancy may be a moot question, as we know that timelines between the island and the outside world aren't 100% consistent.

Hmmm...I wonder if that's why Charlotte is C.S. Lewis...to make a parallel to the confusing timelines in Narnia.

I'm also rooting for Rousseau not being dead.

anitablake
Member # 11526

I so hope Rousseau is not dead. I think she is one of the best characters.

As for the timeline, I think its shorter if you are off the island than on, so no time to have a baby for Kate. So even if there is a time difference I do not think the losties can explain that to the public once they return.

EmpSquared
Member # 10890

All the stuff they had with the Lost Experience is starting to come around. My theories on Charles Widmore could be intensely spoilerific, so I'll refrain. If any of you wish, though, wikipedia has a ton of info on it.
Shawshank
Member # 8453

I don't know though. Michael's mother said he had been gone for about two months. That seems about right to me.
Jeorge
Member # 11524

I'm not sure it's safe to assume there's any consistency to the flow of time.
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.