FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Lost Season 6 (Page 14)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: Lost Season 6
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with you, Reader.
Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Just watched 3:10 to Yuma last night. The actor who plays Martin Keamy is in the movie -- he sure is good at playing a jerk. And there is another spoilerish parallel I won't post here but of course it is already pointed out on Lostpedia.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

I watched "Supernatural" the other night for the first time (doubling it's total viewship, I think) and the guy who plays Jacob plays Lucifer on that show. It was kind of weird watching Jacob talking to Gabriel.

So I looked him up on IMDB and he's done a bunch of shows.

It made me think it would be hilarious to go through and find a bunch of his guest appearences and edit them together in a way that made it look like Jacob had been influencing people on half the shows on TV.

I'd totally do it if I weren't lazy and unmotivated and skill-less.

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
'God loves you as he loved Jacob' (from Ben's creepy brainwashing room 101).

Yes, when the same actor shows up on Supernatural it freaks me out too.
You just know that Sam and Dean would have sorted the whole smoke monster problem out three years ago, and would now be lounging about on the beach drinking beers.

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Damon Lindelof: LOST Finale 'Will Generate A Tremendous Amount Of Theorizing!!'
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's my Lost series finale prediction:

Either Rabbit and I will still be having the same argument forever, or we'll be having a completely new conversation that we are still on opposing sides of! [Wink]

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is my Lost series finale prediction:

There will not be a season 7

That's pretty much the only prediction I can make that I am 100% sure will actually come true.

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

100%? You might want to drop that down, at least to 99%. You can never know anything in life with 100% certainty, doubly so for Lost!
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
Well that was a blood bath.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, that's one way to reduce storylines to a manageable number.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by LargeTuna:
I was under the impression for a while, and still am, that AntiLocke doesn't want the candidates to leave the island at all. He wants all of them to die together, but in a way that's not "against the rules".

Looks like we have a winner!! Good Call Tuna.

I'm not clear why Locke didn't simply let them all die on the plane. Is he still planning to use the plane to escape the island?

It wasn't clear to me whether Frank was dead or alive. I wonder if they left that deliberately ambiguous.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
Spoilers and all that jazz if you haven't seen it yet..

This episode made me angry.

First Sayid, then Jin and Sun... The entire time Jin was trying to get Sun out I was screaming "Get out of there Jin! You have a daughter to care for!"

Sayid did say something significant though before he blew up. He told Jack "You are the one."

My prediction: Kate is going to die, and perhaps Sawyer as well.

I think Locke is going to get Kate there on the beach and hold a gun or knife to her, and tell Sawyer and Jack they must fight and kill each other if they want to save her. I don't think Jack will play along, but Sawyer will make the decision to kill Jack. Before he can do it something will happen and Sawyer will die, (Maybe Hurley will do it to save Jack) Locke will kill Kate anyways.

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Frank is dead. The bulk head door that hit him is extremely heavy. He was knocked to the ground and would have drowned. He was not a candidate, so he was expendable.

We might still see Sun and Jin in Alt time and they might come back when everything is tied up. But maybe not.

I wonder what would have happened if Sawyer had not pulled the wires on the bomb? If the Island can stop the bomb from going off on the normal timer, which is what Jack was counting on, why couldn't it stop the timer when it went at fast speed? Because Sawyer did something? Made a choice and had to live, or die, with the results?

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I thin'k Frank is dead. The bulk head door that hit him is extremely heavy. He was knocked to the ground and would have drowned. He was not a candidate, so he was expendable.
He was expendible UNLESS he is needed to fly the plane. That's why I started thinking about it. If Frank is dead, the submarine is gone and the plane is useless, so there is no way for anyone to get off the island. We've had a fair number of surprises when we thought people like Jin or eye-patch guy were certainly dead, but then they weren't. We also don't know what happened to Miles or Richard. They could still be around.

Since everyone is still alive in Alt-time, I don't think we've eliminated any of the story lines yet.

quote:
Sayid did say something significant though before he blew up. He told Jack "You are the one."
Not exactly, he said "Because it's going to be you Jack." He did however erase any question about whether or not he killed Desmond. He didn't.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wall Bash]
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

quote:
Originally posted by Tammy:
[Wall Bash]

[Confused]
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't like that last episode at all! Kate manages to survive after being shot, and Jin and Sun die for no reason! I wish Kate would have just died, she's useless compared to everyone else. I liked the little speach Jack gave on the sub. He pretty much said everything I've been saying since early on in the season.
Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

quote:
Originally posted by The Rabbit:
quote:
Originally posted by Tammy:
[Wall Bash]

[Confused]
The whole episode just left me very frustrated.
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

quote:
Originally posted by The Rabbit:
I'm not clear why Locke didn't simply let them all die on the plane. Is he still planning to use the plane to escape the island?

Wasn't Jack's theory that for some reason he wanted them to kill each other? Seems like that goes along with the Jacob/Esau debate, they keep coming to the island and it always ends the same way. Although keeping the plane for his own escape does sound plausible.

I thought Jack was great in this episode, in both storylines. And yet again we heard, "What happened, happened" Seems like they are hammering that home every episode now.

Not suprised that Sayid was a self-sacrifice, that seemed like the only way to resolve his turmoil over the things he'd done in the past, not to mention to get out of whatever zombie hold the Locke monster had over him. Although, Rabbit, I think I'm missing something. Where was it resolved that he didn't kill Desmond? I never thought he did, but just wondering what you meant or if I didn't catch something.

I also kept waiting for Sun to come out and say "go home and raise our daughter," but she never did.

In Locke's previous alt-story his fiancee didn't want him to contact Jack because that would building up false hopes and to accept his fate as it was now. Seemed like his decision not to do so resolved something that we'd seen all along in Locke's character, an inability to accept or deal with reality. But in this episode, they implied that he was not letting himself think about recovery due to guilt/self-punishment. Did that seem like a contradiction to anyone else?

I liked the episode. Does seem like it's heading for a "last man standing" scenario, and that the last man will be Jack. I hope not, though. I have to admit, I didn't feel nearly the emotion over Sun & Jin that I did when they killed off Charlie. I can't imagine them offing Hurley.

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

quote:

We were discussing the same thing Rabbit. Which devolved into a discussion of who really set the bomb, and why Widmore would wire a plane to blow up, which could potentially kill all the candidates he was trying to protect, instead of just blowing up the plane in the first place before anyone could get to it We didn't really come up with any great answers, as we don't have any other suggestions as to who could have wired it. Esau almost certainly did it. We thought about Richard and friends, but they would've just destroyed it as well.

quote:
Originally posted by msquared:
I wonder what would have happened if Sawyer had not pulled the wires on the bomb? If the Island can stop the bomb from going off on the normal timer, which is what Jack was counting on, why couldn't it stop the timer when it went at fast speed? Because Sawyer did something?

I think Jack was absolutely right in his analysis of the situation. I think what happened was that the act of pulling out the pins from the bomb was in fact THE TRIGGER that sets off the bomb. When if it had just run down naturally nothing would have happened. This was the loophole Esau needed to get the Losties to kill themselves.

Last night was pretty brutal, but in true Lost fashion, as soon as Sun and Jin's character arc was done, so were their characters. They did this with Faraday, had him gone a whole season, and when he finally comes back we get him for one episode and than boom...dead.

Sayid had a good death though. After his conversation with Desmond the other episode we could tell that he had changed in his heart (Desmond's question about Nadia really got to him), and this episode he was finally able to prove it with action. I was kind of in shock after he died, so much so that I didn't really feel the force of Sun and Jin's death till after the episode was over.

Best line of Lost ever, "There is no Sayid." Woah... [Smile]

Strider
Member # 1807

quote:
Wasn't Jack's theory that for some reason he wanted them to kill each other?
it all has to do with rules and loopholes.

Remember what the vision of the little boy said to him, "you can't kill him, the rules". He needs all the candidates to be dead. but he can't kill them himself. he needs to set things up so they kill each other, or are killed by other people.

quote:
Although, Rabbit, I think I'm missing something. Where was it resolved that he didn't kill Desmond? I never thought he did, but just wondering what you meant or if I didn't catch something.
right before he ran off with the bomb he said that desmond was in a well and that locke wants him dead. or something like that.

quote:
I liked the episode. Does seem like it's heading for a "last man standing" scenario, and that the last man will be Jack. I hope not, though. I have to admit, I didn't feel nearly the emotion over Sun & Jin that I did when they killed off Charlie. I can't imagine them offing Hurley.
QFT, nothing will ever hit me like Charlie's death.
Uprooted
Member # 8353

quote:
Originally posted by Strider:
right before he ran off with the bomb he said that desmond was in a well and that locke wants him dead. or something like that.

Ah, I knew I missed something Sayid said -- I really need DVR. Wanted to rewind that scene so badly!
The Rabbit
Member # 671

quote:
Although, Rabbit, I think I'm missing something. Where was it resolved that he didn't kill Desmond? I never thought he did, but just wondering what you meant or if I didn't catch something.
Right before he grabs the bomb, he says to Jack "Listen carefully, there is a well on the other island, a half mile south of the camp we just left. Desmond is inside it. Locke wants him dead which means you're going to need him." Jack responds "Why are you telling me this." Desmond replies "Because its going to be you Jack."
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
quote:

We were discussing the same thing Rabbit. Which devolved into a discussion of who really set the bomb, and why Widmore would wire a plane to blow up, which could potentially kill all the candidates he was trying to protect, instead of just blowing up the plane in the first place before anyone could get to it We didn't really come up with any great answers, as we don't have any other suggestions as to who could have wired it. Esau almost certainly did it. We thought about Richard and friends, but they would've just destroyed it as well.
Maybe that's how Esau can be killed. Maybe if he's killed together with Jacob (or with Jacob gone, with all the candidates), he'll actually die. Maybe Widmore was trying to finish Esau off for good.

And if Esau hadn't gotten on the plane, the rest of them would have been very suspicious.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

quote:
Originally posted by Uprooted:
quote:

Ah, I knew I missed something Sayid said -- I really need DVR. Wanted to rewind that scene so badly!
I played that scene back three times and just gave up on it. I didn't want to turn the volume up, because everyone in the house was sleeping. I don't know why he had to whisper like that. Geesh! Glad to know what he might have said.

[ May 05, 2010, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: Tammy ]

Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
My prediction, based on the fact that they said the ending will "encourage speculation," as now:

There will NOT be an explanation of what exactly altTime is. The show will have two endings, one in which Jack becomes caretaker of the island, probably with everyone else dead, and another one in altTime in which everyone lives happily ever. My interpretation of that, assuming it works out that way, will be that either "whatever happened, happened" was true up until one interation came in which they used the nuke, OR that "whatever happened, happend" ALWAYS resulting in the two timelines, on which goes in a slight loop, diverges, both ending the way I already described.

Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

I don't think it can end that way. They've made too big a deal of the characters in alt time coming to realize that there is something wrong with their "reality."
Tresopax
Member # 1063

- posted      Profile for Tresopax           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think they can do that - they've already set up the question as being central to Season 6, so I think they need to answer what altTime is. Somehow they have to answer what caused it.... I'm guessing that quote from Miles from deceased Juliet that "it worked" will come into play.
Posts: 8120 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

I'm still sticking by my theory that Juliet was accessing altTime, and that those lines she said about going out for coffee and going dutch will be uttered by her, to either Jack or Sawyer, before Series end. But I also think, that similar to how the characters in altTime are picking up on the wrongness of what's happening, they're also dealing with incomplete information and making educated guesses about what is going on. I think that while Juliet was able to access this, she said "it worked" without really understanding the full nature of what she was accessing.

So, I agree that it will come into play, I just don't know if it will in the way you're indicating.

Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
I was sad about Sun and Jim - but nothing can compare to the death of Charlie. Although I did cry when Shannon was killed.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I almost turned it off when they all agreed to storm the submarine together because of the heavy resitance. Everyone knows Locke can kill whoever he wants whenever he wants (minus the canidates of course) and he just did it seconds before they had a discussion about all going down and having a pitched battle! It's nice for Locke since it played out just how he wanted but, honestly, I really couldn't believe that there wouldn't have been a single charecter that raised their hand and pointed out that instead of risking getting everyone killed to check out the Sub Locke just turn into the smoke monster and take care of it. Or walk around all bullet-proof (including his clothes, btw, a little strange I thought).

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

quote:
I'm still sticking by my theory that Juliet was accessing altTime, and that those lines she said about going out for coffee and going dutch will be uttered by her, to either Jack or Sawyer, before Series end.

Agreed, except I'm confident she will say it to Sawyer not Jack.
Strider
Member # 1807

I go back and forth Rabbit. Part of me thinks Sawyer makes complete sense. The other part remembers her reason for doing what she did was so "that if they never met, she'd never have to lose him".

Though, there is also the similarities that have been pointed out between the mirror surrounded by hats in Juliet's home in Dharmaville, and the mirror surrounded by hats in the home of Jack's son's mother. This would imply Juliet is Jack's ex-wife, which would either imply it's not Jack she says those lines to, since those phrases sound more like first meeting flirtation, or that Jack and Juliet rekindle something....anyway, i'm not so tied to either one!

Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes:
I almost turned it off when they all agreed to storm the submarine together because of the heavy resitance. Everyone knows Locke can kill whoever he wants whenever he wants (minus the canidates of course) and he just did it seconds before they had a discussion about all going down and having a pitched battle! It's nice for Locke since it played out just how he wanted but, honestly, I really couldn't believe that there wouldn't have been a single charecter that raised their hand and pointed out that instead of risking getting everyone killed to check out the Sub Locke just turn into the smoke monster and take care of it. Or walk around all bullet-proof (including his clothes, btw, a little strange I thought).

Locke doesn't have his abilities over water. That's why he can't cross from island to island as smoke. They all know that, so it stands to reason that he wouldn't be able to smoke into the sub and kill everyone.
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't remember that, although I also didn't think about it at the time one way or another. But I do think it'd have been a good time for Hurley to say "wait, dude, can't you just do X?" and have Locke say "Nope! Insert technobabble"
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xann.
Member # 11482

- posted      Profile for Xann.   Email Xann.         Edit/Delete Post 
My Official Guess: In the finale The man in black will escape,into the Alt-time, and start causing unhappiness through out all the characters. This will go on until Hugo decides to take up the mantle of protecting the island, which he will do in the company of every single other candidate in ghost form. The Man in Black will be stranded on a very small island surrounded by water than more land where a small tree is growing, thus giving him hope that someday he can get off by making a bridge. I also assume that water is some kind of barrier to him, like he can't enter it willingly.

And for the the big twist ending....... I'm going price is right rules, the winner is whoever guess closest without going over. I have no idea of the twist.

Posts: 549 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daventor
Member # 11981

- posted      Profile for daventor           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I really, REALLY enjoyed the episode, probably cause I'm a big fan of stuff actually happening. It was suspenseful, moving, I felt the characters were true to themselves (except that it would have been nice for Sun to mention her's and Jin's daughter when she's trying to convince him to leave; other than that though, I bought everybody's decisions and actions). I really liked how Sayid ended up. His death was not played up or made melodramatic [no slow-mo montage), but was nonetheless still very noble and moving.

I hope Lapidus somehow miraculously survives, though; I was hoping at least one not-major-just-supporting character might make it to the end. Dang, they sure have shrunk the number of characters regular-island side, haven't they.

I'm also really happy to have Jack seemingly back in true hero form. He was my favorite character in the first season, but in later seasons he got pretty psycho and less likable. I really like that his character truly has evolved (from man of science to man of faith) and that it's shaping up for him to be the main dude again (though I still think somehow alt-Locke's gonna have to come to the island).

Posts: 132 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pepek
Member # 3773

- posted      Profile for Pepek   Email Pepek         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Deadlocke is going to inherit the island.

Jack is going to save him. and maybe even the monster.

(not that I think it'll happen, or that I want it to happen, but it would be cool to see Smokey escape the island and wreak havoc in LA or Newyork or somethin'.)

Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by daventor:
I was hoping at least one not-major-just-supporting character might make it to the end.

Miles is still alive and kicking.
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tresopax
Member # 1063

And Zoe.
Posts: 8120 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

And Kate.
docmagik
Member # 1131

As the finale looms near, my hopes of an Ethan's Mom-centric episode grow slim.

Although with the finale extended to two and a half hours, my hopes that it will be the Ethan's Mom-centric episode grow . . .

Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by docmagik:
And Kate.

She isn't a candidate, but you can't say she isn't a major character.

Btw, did you know that the actress who plays Zoe is married to Richard Schiff?

Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

I thought "and Kate" was a joke, about how boring and inconsequential she's become.
docmagik
Member # 1131

It was.
Tresopax
Member # 1063

quote:
Although with the finale extended to two and a half hours, my hopes that it will be the Ethan's Mom-centric episode grow . . .
SPOILER...

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be all about the dog. (In fact, I'm betting if you look carefully at that cave, Vincent's name is not crossed off...)

LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I know exactly why Sun didn't tell Jin to go back to their daughter. It's because none of our losties are getting off the island, at least not to original time. It would be pointless for her to say you have a daughter to take care of and him never make it to see her. It would render that emotional scene useless.

Having them both die is a way for the writers to avoid that problem. And after a re-watch with my sister, I can say I still hate this episode.

Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

I'm not sure why people are hating on the episode so much. Stuff actually HAPPENED. A major plot point we've been building towards was reached, and the final plot point set up rather nicely.
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Raymond Arnold:
I thought "and Kate" was a joke, about how boring and inconsequential she's become.

The only characters that have ever been able to hold my interest for long were Desmond, Miles, Ben, and Locke. Richard could have been good, but they cut his balls of this season, apparently.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

Raymond, I really enjoyed the episode. And on a rewatch enjoyed it even more.
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.