Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Grist for the Mill » Random musings. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 91 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  89  90  91   
Author Topic: Random musings.
Patrick James
Member # 7847

- posted      Profile for Patrick James   Email Patrick James         Edit/Delete Post 
To the left of the 'Are you sure?' button.

Posts: 604 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

- posted      Profile for Rommel Fenrir Wolf II   Email Rommel Fenrir Wolf II         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL

Posts: 856 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tnwilz
Member # 4080

- posted      Profile for tnwilz   Email tnwilz         Edit/Delete Post 
I bet there are prostitutes who will also work as mediums. Probably.
Posts: 556 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick James
Member # 7847

- posted      Profile for Patrick James   Email Patrick James         Edit/Delete Post 
Fill me in on how that would work, tnwilz.

Posts: 604 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sjsampson
Member # 8075

- posted      Profile for sjsampson   Email sjsampson         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish the chess game hadn't ended so I could lurk in the "Logical Fallacies plus a Chess Game" thread some more.
Posts: 133 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tnwilz
Member # 4080

Just trying to tie together some loose ends from earlier in the thread.
Posts: 556 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero
Member # 3619

- posted      Profile for Zero           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm always up for another game if there are any takers.

e4

Posts: 2195 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero
Member # 3619

Not to hijack. If anyone accepts my open challenge make a new topic.
Posts: 2195 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
In the immortal final words of Socrates: Come, Mister Tally-man, tally me bananas, daylight come and me wanna go home.
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dreadlord
Member # 2913

- posted      Profile for dreadlord   Email dreadlord         Edit/Delete Post 
ah, socra... wait, what the hell? thats... someone else.

Posts: 240 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnMac
Member # 8472

- posted      Profile for JohnMac   Email JohnMac         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah - HEY! Wasn't that the same guy that sang....

"Shake, shake, shake sonora?"

Posts: 114 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dreadlord
Member # 2913

i think so.

oh, well. its just another day in paradise. cause you cant hurry love, your an easy lover, I wish it would rain, and were living seperate lives.

Posts: 240 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Tie me kangaroo down, sport.
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dreadlord
Member # 2913

O.o

that was... ok... hehe... he...

buy it use it break it fix it write it quick rename it...

or, work it harder makes us better do it faster makes us stronger.

JohnMac
Member # 8472

working hard -....is that with arms of thunder...like the man from down under? ooooo OUTBACK....

WHO WANTS STEAK?!?!

Posts: 114 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dreadlord
Member # 2913

ooh, ooh, Me!

through the fire and the flames...

comes a steak!
icecream actually tastes good with ranch.

Im in arizona, so everything tastes good with ranch.

philocinemas
Member # 8108

- posted      Profile for philocinemas   Email philocinemas         Edit/Delete Post 
Random musing:

It irritates me when people use the word anxious when they mean eager.

Posts: 2003 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnMac
Member # 8472

I'm stuck in California - and it's not nearly as pretty as that silly hotel they sing about but I sure as heck can't ever leave...
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

- posted      Profile for Bent Tree   Email Bent Tree         Edit/Delete Post 
remember storms iterfere with signals
Posts: 1888 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

You could move to Kansas City. I hear they've got some crazy little women there.
dreadlord
Member # 2913

japan, my friend. go to japan.

ah, hotel california...

JohnMac
Member # 8472

If I wanted really strange I'd just go back to the East Village in the CITY.

If I wanted dangerous (which would be great research for my cyberpunk novel I need to do yet another edit on) I'd go home to Detroit.

tnwilz
Member # 4080

If I had a dime for every nickel I've spent.
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

Well, that'd make up a lot of pretty pennies...
JohnMac
Member # 8472

pancackes or eggs? I'm hungry...
aspirit
Member # 7974

- posted      Profile for aspirit   Email aspirit         Edit/Delete Post 
Pancakes, but I hope you've eaten already.

quote:
In the immortal words of Socrates, "I drank what?"

Posts: 1139 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

- posted      Profile for philocinemas   Email philocinemas         Edit/Delete Post 
Wouldn't that be the "mortal" words?
Posts: 2003 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dreadlord
Member # 2913

who knows.

do violent video games give violent kids an outlet?

satate
Member # 8082

- posted      Profile for satate   Email satate         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate poop in the bath tub. Baby's in the bath are like ticking time bombs. You know one the days their gonna do it but when it hits you're never ready.
Posts: 968 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
I had to erase all my browsing history because my laptop frustrated me. My easy access to my favorite sites like hatrack were gone and I had to dig up an old email to find my way back here.

the one good thing is that Dice War, that the evil Crank put up on a previous Grist for the Mill thread is now gone. I know he put it there so I would be hopelessly addicted to it.

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

If you could only have one version of "The Wreck of the Old 97" to listen to, which one would you pick?
JohnMac
Member # 8472

UFOs sank the Edmund Fitzgerald and the Titantic!
dreadlord
Member # 2913

and helped build the pyramids and the great wall of china.
shimiqua
Member # 7760

- posted      Profile for shimiqua   Email shimiqua         Edit/Delete Post 
and secretly are working with America to fight the terrorists.
Posts: 1201 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero
Member # 3619

lol that sounds like the makings of a really campy story
shimiqua
Member # 7760

- posted      Profile for shimiqua   Email shimiqua         Edit/Delete Post 
and run cleaner than most sportcars.
Posts: 1201 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crank
Member # 7354

- posted      Profile for Crank   Email Crank         Edit/Delete Post 

quote:
the one good thing is that Dice War, that the evil Crank put up on a previous Grist for the Mill thread is now gone.

I'm thinking about sending an email virus to the person who showed it to me.

The funny part about how I broke my addiction to that damned game is that my video card fried, and it took a few days longer than it should have to get it fixed. By the time my PC was back to 100%, I was so far behind on my real work, I didn't have time for games; and, by the time I caught up, I completely forgot about Dice Wars.

So, Snapper, I would like to thank you very much for reminding me about it. What's your email address?

S!
S!...C!

Posts: 620 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe instead, you could send snapper a link to some other addictive online game. Much better than a virus.
Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dreadlord
Member # 2913

send snapper sudoku. or an invitation to join one of those myspace games... those are so annoying.

but addictive.

philocinemas
Member # 8108

Yes, I have one of my best friends in college, who seems to be refusing to email me, but keeps "kidnapping" me in some game he is playing. I am now ignoring him - at least until he decides to respond to my emails.
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So, Snapper, I would like to thank you very much for reminding me about it.

Tiergan already sent me his thanks/curses for reminding him about it. Says he has a great story in his head but is now addicted, again.

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnMac
Member # 8472

I dyed my hair black once. I've permed it twice in my life. Had bleeched spikes three times. But I've never shaved it all off.
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

Never got into computer gaming of any kind...computers weren't a part of my life when I was young and open to influences...when I finally broke down and got a computer, the few games I've tried out were either (a) ones that came with the computer, or (b) associational with something else I was interested in, like a TV show.

I know so little about these things that I don't even understand what philocinemas is talking about...

philocinemas
Member # 8108

Robert, I don't quite understand it myself. It is on Facebook, and it appears to be some version of "Tag" or "Gotcha", which used to be popular on college campuses in the 80s.
dreadlord
Member # 2913

Robert, I got three letters for ya: RTS. (real time strategy) the most awesome thing since sliced bread.

why is there a "download" feature for a weight gain program?

Ill only eat a peanut butter jelly with creamy peanut butter, grape jelly, wheat bread of only one kind of brand, and only with the jelly side on top. wierd, huh?

Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

Still at a loss. I've never even looked over anything at Facebook---I'm not even certain how to do so.

I'll try another random thought, kinda associated with it.

When you see someone talking on a cellphone at two in the morning, is it right to wonder just who they could possibly be talking to at that hour?

aspirit
Member # 7974

- posted      Profile for aspirit   Email aspirit         Edit/Delete Post 
Their child or spouse oversees. Their hospitalized friend, who was tired of sitting in a strange place alone. Their alcoholic cousin who'd been arrested again. There are lots of possibilities at 02:00.
Posts: 1139 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dreadlord
Member # 2913

if a wannabe black guy is a wangster, a wanna be mexican is a wexican, whats a wanna be white guy?

any suggestions?

JohnMac
Member # 8472

Why won't these voices go away? (Oh yeah, that's right their called characters, I'm a writer.)
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

But every day, in and out, at two AM? Perhaps I'm mystified, because I don't even like to talk on the phone...
  This topic comprises 91 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  89  90  91   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.