FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » "Lost" discussion *including spoilers* (Page 13)

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  21  22  23   
Author Topic: "Lost" discussion *including spoilers*
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, I thought so. So, although Sayid has attempted (but not completed) a circuit of the island, and Locke has tramped all over portions of it, no one has made a complete survey. I don't know, I think I would make that a priority before taking off in a dinky raft. Or, perhaps, I would still build the raft, but use it to sail along the coast and make a kind of survey that way.

I keep thinking of some old movie or TV show where people who thought they were shipwrecked on a desert island were actually only a short distance from a major resort. Boy, did they feel stupid when they found out. Not that I think that will happen here, but I would still want to know some basic information about the "island."

Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Something is definitely fishy about the Island. Right back in part 2 of the pilot, it was established that there was a distress signal playing for 16 years without an answer.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Puffy: That was Danielle Rousseau's signal. When Sayid met her, and asked her if it was her, she said, "has it really been that long"?

It's also not a very strong distress signal.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

I know it was her signal.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Jin was injured? I saw him dive in after Sawyer, but didn't realize that he'd been hit.

My original theory was that Rousseau just wanted the baby and she made up all that crap about the others just so they'd be afraid of the black smoke. Totally shot down. The others must exist.

Other thoughts:

1) Whoever said that Lock might have known about the 'underground' because of what he saw in the hatch window might be right. He did seem awfully willing to be sucked under.

2) Why does the monster make mechanical noises like a chain and gear? Did we SEE that monster? Is he just that black smoke?

3) Why does Jack insist on putting himself in danger when he's the doctor? He has a serious hero complex.

4) I too felt like Hurley actually has GOOD luck and that good luck was trying to keep him off the plane. He seems to be one of the only ones that doesn't have major baggage/issues and he possibly wasn't 'brought' there like the rest of them supposedly were.

5) Didn't you love "Who the hell is Hugo and why is he giving his mother $160,000?" [Smile]

6)Rousseau is extremely creepy and she makes me very nervous. She's still very dangerous in my opinion. Why are they all ok with the fact that she knocked Sayid on the head and held him captive? Even Sayid is ok with it! And now that Claire has memory of scratching her sometime during her captivity...I just hope they're not stupid enough to pat her on the head and say "Oh, poor crazy lady. We have to be nice to her."

7) This wasn't as cliffy as I was expecting. I expected to be slavering for a resolution and I wasn't. I couldn't bring myself to care very much about the hatch or even 'The Others.' The only mildly irritating thing is those three guys swimming around in the ocean without a raft and two of them with bullet wounds.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
No, I don't think Jin was shot. But when he hurled himself into the water after Sawyer, and wasn't seen again, I got a bad feeling about him. I don't know why -- there's really nothing to base it on.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
3) Why does Jack insist on putting himself in danger when he's the doctor? He has a serious hero complex.

I think this may have something to do with the hippocratic oath, maybe he takes it one step further.

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

I know, but doesn't he realize that when he risks his life, he's effectively risking the lives of everyone on the island? They need him!! He should know that. Kate is definitely more expendable than him.

And what's that "I need you to have my back?" He was being annoying in that whole sequence. I don't have a huge love for Locke either, but I don't think that Jack should start forming alliances already.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I don't have a huge love for Locke either, but I don't think that Jack should start forming alliances already
Obviously you've never been stranded on a deserted island before. That's actually the first thing you do. Don't you watch Survivor? [Wink]
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
"I'm voting off Locke. You're a decent guy, and you played the game well. But your little secrets...well, and the fact that you're crazy... make me feel that it'll be better for all of us if you're out of this tribe. Bye, buddy."
Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
I still like Locke. He is obssessed by his love and gratitude to the island for making him feel whole and necessary, but I don't think that he is crazy. His biggest flaw is that his concern for his fellow castaways is secondary to his attraction to the island, but that doesn't mean that he will willingly kill his fellow castaways. (Obviously, I don't believe he intended Boone's death.)

Kate is the one that squicks me out right now. Her mother fears her and she keeps using deception to accomplish thoroughly self indulgent ends that endanger those around her.

If we have to vote someone off, I'd boot Kate.

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fil
Member # 5079

- posted      Profile for fil   Email fil         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that a big part of next season's story will revolve around Locke and Jack competing for power. In fact, they might get back to the whole "split camp" idea again. It was clear in their discussions that they were having a hard time listening to each other.

I loved Artz and his speech about "the other 40 survivors" who are somewhat envious of the "main group" which has formed a sort of "in crowd." Very funny. Until he blew up, that is.

I think we won't be surprised by the fact that the raft and crew are probably within close proximity to the island...I don't think the island gives up its people that easily. Things get sucked to it, not just planes as we have seen with the Black Rock.

I don't think they will kill Jin off that quickly (though the actor jokes in an interview he thought he would be the first to go). Maybe they will have their own separate story for a while as they land on another portion of the island.

I loved that we have now "seen" the monster...it was all pretty literally smoke and mirrors. Cool! I think the grabby thingy is something different. I like the mechanical sound of it. I wonder if it will be some Jules Verne-esque old timey science fiction device. It just had a "steam punk" feel to it. Doesn't feel modern at all. I think Locke was scared of it at first because it was clearly man-made vs. some holy or spirtual beast of nature to be worshiped. I liked when he finally realized that it wasn't something natural and he turned and made hasty retreat.

Did the Lost producers get to keep the show in Hawaii? That would be a huge switch if they had to film it in the US. I think that type of terrain and foliage is tough to replicate on the mainland.

Posts: 896 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
But didn't Locke see the "monster" early in the series? I remember him looking up at it with a smile on his face.

And this goes way back, but I could swear I remember monster noises, for lack of a better term, when the pilot was pulled out of the cockpit. They weren't mechanical noises.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. But really, his face was pure terror when he looked up at it this time. Why the change?
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imenimok
Member # 7679

- posted      Profile for imenimok           Edit/Delete Post 
The "lost" scene was between Charlie and Claire. Claire admits that, even though she escaped, she's always believed "they" would come back for her (or the baby), and Charlie deduces that that's why she hadn't named the baby.
Posts: 226 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

It surprised me when Locke looked up in terror. He walked back to it calmly while everyone else was running away. He obviously was not expecting what he saw. Maybe what he saw before and what chewed on the pilot was something different.

Why was everyone so charged to hide in the hatch? Locke I can understand because of his love of the island. But why everyone else? If I was trying to find a place to hide from the Others, that would be the last place I would go. It would seem like the most likely place to find them.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

Does the name "Aarron/Aaron/Aran" actually come from something?

The name "Aaron", according to babynames.com, means "Enlightened" or "To Sing", in case anyone was wondering. It's Hebrew.

I was angry at Jack for putting himself in danger, too. I was surprised no one pointed out that his skill were invaluable to the group.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

- posted      Profile for Mama Squirrel   Email Mama Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone else notice the numbers on the soccer players jerseys? I didn't, but Pop did.
Posts: 399 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
The numbers were popping up freakin' everywhere in the last hour of the show. The flight was departing from gate 23, the guy who Hurley bought the scooter from had an 8 on his cap (I think it was 8), when Hurley's car broke down the speedometer went from 16kph to 15, then it cut away to something else, and when it cut back to the speedometer it was going from 8 to 4. Plus the soccer players, and a ton of other appearances; too many for me to remember (or even notice at the time, I saw a writeup of them later).
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

O.o

Anyway:

Reasons for Travelling/ Supernatural Experiences/Connections/Other Important Things

Jack: Taking the body of his father, who died in Australia, back to the U.S. He had a bad relationship with his father who was an alcoholic. Is no longer married.

- Thought he saw a figure of his father standing on the island, in the water, etc.
- His father's coffin, when Jack found it on the island, was empty of his fathers body, but closed and in good condition.
- Has seen the flitty black smoke things which seem to be connected to the monster/”security system”.

Connections: Sawyer and Jack's father had a brief heart-to-heart in a bar.

John Locke: Traveling back home after being refused a place in a bush trekking party due to his disability (paralysed from waist down).

-Got the use of his legs back when crash landed, briefly seemed to be losing them during the episode with Boone, but got them back.
-Is the only person known to have faced the Monster and survived. Twice. He has also seen the flitty black smoke things which seem to be connected to the monster/”security system”.
-Seems to predict things on the island (occurrences, weather and direction) very accurately.
-When Locke was a boy, his sister died and his mother was on a steady decline until a Golden Retriever came to the front door, seemingly as a replacement for his sister. When his mother died, the dog left.
- Saw the hatchway of the underground bunker thing light up.
- Dreamt of a plane crashing and a horribly mauled Boone who mumbled about his nanny Teresa who fell down the stairs. Then proceeded to lead Boone directly to the place where the same plane (small, that had belonged to drug smugglers- heroin) had crashed.
- Walt read his mind about the underground bunker thing.

Connections: - Worked for the box company owned by Hurley.

Boone: Traveling back to the U.S. with Shannon after he was tricked for the last time by Shannon into going to Australia to pay off an “abusive” boyfriend who then abandoned her and ran off with the money. Boone was killed after climbing a cliff to get at a plane seen in a vision by Locke.

- Boone has experienced a very realistic hallucination in which he witnessed saw his sister's (Shannon's) body gruesomely mauled by the monster.
- Boone has encountered the beast. Shannon although she was 'there' was only a hallucination and therefore did not.
- Seen in a vision by Locke talking about a Nanny (Teresa) who fell down the stairs.

Shannon: Traveling back to the U.S. with Boone after tricking him into going to Australia to pay off an “abusive” boyfriend. Her boyfriend then abandoned her and ran off with the money, so they both traveled back with Boone. Shannon speaks French.

- Seen in Boone’s hallucination, mauled by the beast.

Connections: In the airport, Sayid left his bag with Shannon to watch for a moment, which she then, out of spite, reported to the airport authorities.

Sayid: Going back to the U.S. from Australia in order to meet up with the woman (Nadia) he saved from the death squad after causing his friend (“Assam”) to shoot himself after he double crossed him in return for the Nadia’s location.

- The first one to have met with Danielle Rousseau, the French Castaway/Scientist. She told him about a “disease” that had claimed her fellow castaways, and the “Black Rock”, a shipwrecked slave ship later found to be containing dynamite.

Connections: In the airport, Sayid left his bag with Shannon to watch for a moment, which she then, out of spite, reported to the airport authorities.

Kate: Arrested for a bank robbery after being in hiding for several months in the Australian outback. Traveling back in handcuffs under the guard of an American Marshall. Has killed the man she loved, who was accidentally shot while Kate was on the run from the police.

- Has seen the flitty black smoke things which seem to be connected to the monster/”security system”.

Hurley (Hugo): Drawn to Australia in his search to discover the origin of a sequence of numbers that had enabled him to win the lottery but had cursed him with disaster for everyone and everything around him.

- Hurley’s curse, that of the sequence of numbers (4 8 15 16 23 42), has followed him everywhere. These numbers, being broadcast from the Island, were heard by an old friend of Hurley’s while he served in the army. This same broadcast was what drew Rousseau’s team to the Island and also doomed them. These same numbers were inscribed on the metal hull that Boone and Locke had been uncovering.
- It seemed that something was trying to stop Hurley from getting on the plane.

Connections: - Seen winning the lottery on TV in Korea in Jin’s flashback.
-Owned the box company for which Locke was working.

Michael: Travelling back to the States with Walt (and Vincent) after the death of Walt’s mother. Was not planning on raising Walt himself.

- Michael and Walt have both encountered the beast.

Walt : Travelling back to the states together after the death of Walt’s mother.

- Walt seems to be able to think of animals/things (?) and make them appear, or come to him, as demonstrated with a polar bear and a comic book belonging to Hurley.
- Walt, without having seen the underground bunker thing, warned Locke not to open it. He is telepathic, but it only seemed to work when Locke touched him.
- Has now been kidnapped by The Others who seem to want him for something.

Vincent: The dog (golden retriever) that belonged to Walt’s stepfather and traveling with him.

- May be connected to the dog who visited Locke’s mother.

Rose: Unknown, but she was traveling with her husband who she fervently believes is still alive.

Claire: Put on the plane by the psychic who put her on this particular plane when he read in her palm that if she did not raise her baby herself terrible things would happen. She was going to give her child up for adoption.

- The psychic correctly knew that the plane was going to crash.
- Very realistic dreams that seem to be partly real and/or meaningful.

Aaron: Claire’s baby.

- According to the psychic, he must be raised by Claire herself.
- Kidnapped once by Ethan, once by Danielle.

Charlie: Returning from Australia after attempting to regroup his band, Driveshaft, by visiting his brother and his family in Sydney. Addicted to heroin.

- Possibly a supernatural experience: His guitar was found intact in an unlikely coincidence.

Sun: Sun was in Sydney with Jin for his job. He was “delivering watches” for Sun’s father, for whom he worked and they were on their way to deliver more watches to Los Angeles. In America, Jin was going to leave his work (beating and maybe even assassinating people, as well as delivering watches) to start a new life with Sun. Sun was unaware of this fact and so because she was unhappy with Jin was planning to leave him at the airport- instead she got on the doomed flight.

- Not supernatural, but Sun has extensive knowledge of herbs- enough to poison Michael.

Jin: Jin was in Sydney with Sun for his job. He was “delivering watches” for Sun’s father, for whom he worked and they were on their way to deliver more watches to Los Angeles. In America, Jin was going to leave his work (beating and maybe even assassinating people, as well as delivering watches) to start a new life with Sun. Sun was unaware of this fact and so because she was unhappy with Jin was planning to leave him at the airport- instead she got on the doomed flight.

Connections: Hurley was seen on TV in Jin's flashback.

Sawyer : (possible real name is James?) Unknown for sure. But is a tormented Scam Artist, who murdered the wrong man (he was in Australia to do this murder). He may have been returning to America to exact revenge from the person who misguided him into killing this person, as well as to kill the person, as well as being forced out of Australia by the Authorities.

- Possibly a supernatural experience: Had three encounters with a boar that resulted in him changing slightly.

[ May 27, 2005, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Jack: Taking the body of his father, who died in Australia, back to the U.S. He had a bad relationship with his father who was an alcoholic. He may be married.
He said that he isn't married anymore when he was talking to the woman in the bar before getting on the plane.

quote:
(Locke) Got the use of his legs back when crash landed, now it seems that he may have lost them again.
Or not.
Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

Oops. *goes to fix*
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Sawyer told Walt that he was going back to America in order to kill a man. I don't recall if he said why.

We know from the episode prior that he was being forcibly deported from the country by order of the Aussie authorities.

You can add that both Jack and Kate have seen some kind of shadowy, smoky, super-fast thing that appears to be part of or connected with the Monster/"Security System" of the Island.

And that Michael, Sawyer, and Jin are now boatless at sea...Sawyer probaby injured. o_o

zgator
Member # 3833

For connections, Shannon told airport security that Sayid had walked off and left his bag.
Teshi
Member # 5024

Done and done.

(Congrats on 4000, zgator [Smile] )

Narnia
Member # 1071

Did you mention that we saw Sawyer in the police station during Boone's episode? In handcuffs?
Puppy
Member # 6721

- posted      Profile for Puppy   Email Puppy         Edit/Delete Post 
There's a weird hint at the viral-marketing "Oceanic Air" site that suggests that the invisible monster was originally meant to look like a giant mapinguari with tentacles and machine parts, shrouded in smoke. And it refers to some character named "West" whom we have yet to meet ...
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fil
Member # 5079

- posted      Profile for fil   Email fil         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting...using the Oceanic Airlines site you can track flight 815...which, of course, was tragically lost. Here is the flight information:

815 Alert SYD 14:04 14:08 15 LAX 03:16 03:23 42

Hmmm....

Posts: 896 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foust
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for Foust   Email Foust         Edit/Delete Post 
The content of the Oceanic Airlines flight seems to refute the idea that the Lost bunch will get off the island only to discover the world has been deserted, yes? A company whose employees have all disappeared can hardly announce its own closure.
Posts: 1515 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lanfear
Member # 7776

- posted      Profile for Lanfear   Email Lanfear         Edit/Delete Post 
I never realized the thing with Walt imagining the polar bear from the comic book. It makes sense though
cool

Posts: 332 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imenimok
Member # 7679

- posted      Profile for imenimok           Edit/Delete Post 
How do I get to the Oceanic site?

[edit: found it]

[ May 28, 2005, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: imenimok ]

Posts: 226 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

The "Unofficial Fan" website for Charlie's band, "DriveSHAFT".

If this is a genuine tie-in website, then it would seem to the confirm that the outside world is going on fairly normally...despite the incredible weirdness of the Island situation.

Foust
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for Foust   Email Foust         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting.

quote:
Fact - The signal from Flight 815's black box stopped transmitting. The so-called 'black box' was designed to be able to transmit from anywhere 'on earth'. The only way the signal could be stopped is if it was out of range, i.e. off this earth.

Fact ­ Exploration into the backgrounds of several of the passengers turned up several who had no history. No driver's licenses, no social security numbers. They were essentially people who 'do not exist.' You might say that they had lied about their names or were traveling on false documents, however, it is well known that these people are most often government spooks traveling secretly throughout the world.

So I wonder who had no documents? Kate, I guess. But who else?
Posts: 1515 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Kate was travelling under the custody of a U.S. Marshall. I think she'd be one of the most "document heavy" passengers on the entire plane.

I'm really not sure if any of the "core" castaways would fit that description. Maybe Sawyer, but he was being deported...so maybe not.

Hmmmm...

Of course, since this is supposedly from a column in a UFO conspiracy magazine, it might be a red herring. [Smile]

Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Boone's mother and other "affluent" family members of the Lost passengers have created a fund to keep the search going...

A possible sub-plot for Season 2?

Plus has Harold Wollstein ever been mentioned or seen? I don't recall. "Secret Nanotechnology Research"...hmmm...

Teshi
Member # 5024

That 'article' about Boone's mother had me getting upset! It's not real! It's not real!

How truthfully can we take these sites? Are they just fans extrapolating or are they actually related to the TV show people/writers?

Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

That's a good question.

The DriveSHAFT site claims that it's not affiliated with "Bad Robot" or ABC...but in the sense that "The Band is REAL!".

So it might be a "viral marketing" site...or just an elaborate fan-site.

Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Awk! A friend on another board posted some screen captures from episode one of the pilot, one of the earliest scenes.

One can see Jack on the beach, talking with a woman (who looks like Claire. It's been so long since I saw the pilot that I can't remember.)

In the background one can see the wreckage of turbine on the beach before it blew up. (from some hapless castaway being sucked in, or so I thought)

The screen caps show a SHADOWY, FAST-MOVING SMOKEY THING racing towards the turbine, hitting it, just as the castaway was sucked in.

It looks almost exactly like the things seen in the finale.

Did anyone remark on this before?

Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the smoke thing may be a side-effect of someone shooting at it and it being dammaged. That would explain the new, mechanical sounds, too.

Though ity could be something else entirely, what do I know?

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Holy cow. Did the monster steal the turbine and start using it? Or somehow take on the form of the turbine? That would immediately explain the mangled bodies that were found. They all looked like they had been caught in something and torn up...

*jaw drops* That would be incredible.

Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Another connection:

When Hurley is rushing to get to the airport, he's unable to get on the crowded elevator. Inside the elevator, one of the passengers is Charley...

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Dunno if anyone's posted this, but here's how to watch the "Lost Season Two Teaser".

Go to Oceanic Air

Under "Travellers" type 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42...in that order.

This will take you to the Seating Chart.

Click the numbers in that order again. The trailer for Season Two will play. Afterwards, you're redirected to What appears to be the new Official LOST website!

Narnia
Member # 1071

Wow. That trailer was more of a cliff hanger than the entire season finale was!
Teshi
Member # 5024

The Monster does sound really mechanical, doesn't it?
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
Just skipped a whole bunch of posts, but from Locke it's been noted that, "When Locke was a boy, his sister died and his mother was on a steady decline until a Golden Retriever came to the front door, seemingly as a replacement for his sister. When his mother died, the dog left." Isn't Walt's (now Shannon's) dog a Golden Retriever? He got it when his mom died, and then gave it to Shannon when Boone died.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone notice a pink script page on the Oceanic main page? I'm still trying to read it, but if you click around that yellow box, you should get a thing that lets you drag around. (I know those are terrible instructions, but I'm not really sure how I found it.)
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

Still exploring Oceanic page, does anyone know who Edward Mars is?
Teshi
Member # 5024

quote:
Isn't Walt's (now Shannon's) dog a Golden Retriever? He got it when his mom died, and then gave it to Shannon when Boone died.
I noted this in the Lost List- I also believe it's a similar or the same dog.
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
did anyone else notice the text of the two survivor letters on that Oceanic "quick search" page? Did anyone else find any others?
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
I took a screen shot of the flickering image when you click on Edward Mars' seat. Apparently, he's a US Marshal, most likely the one with Kate. But I don't remember what that guy looked like, so I can't say for sure.
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  21  22  23   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.