FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » "Lost" discussion *including spoilers* (Page 10)

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  21  22  23   
Author Topic: "Lost" discussion *including spoilers*
ctm
Member # 6525

- posted      Profile for ctm   Email ctm         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. That was weird.

In a good way, of course.

Posts: 239 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
Was anyone able to make out what the voice on the radio said to Boone just as the plane began to fall? I wasn't able to make it out. It sounded like three syllables, followed by oceanic 815. Anyone?

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Weird. Intense. Gah.

And what's with the dessicated bodies, eh? "I think we need some more tension, let's throw in an extra dead body..."

I was a little doubtful that Locke could have walked that far carrying Boone considering he had not even been able to walk when they reached the plane. The only thing I can think of is that he suddenly got his legs back again?

And glowing lights. That's creepy. I guess Locke finally got his sign. I don't want to even to begin to speculate what it was or what it means.

The Sawyer thing was very funny, but I felt kind of bad for him.

Updated Lost List:

Reasons for Travelling/ Supernatural Experiences

Jack: Taking the body of his father, who died in Australia, back to the U.S. He had a bad relationship with his father who was an alcoholic.

- Thought he saw a figure of his father standing on the island, in the water, etc.
- His father's coffin, when Jack found it on the island, was empty of his fathers body, but closed and in good condition.

Connections: Sawyer and Jack's father had a brief heart-to-heart in a bar.

John Locke: Traveling back home after being refused a place in a bush trekking party due to his disability (paralysed from waist down).

-Got the use of his legs back when crash landed, now it seems that he may have lost them again.
-Is the only person known to have faced the Monster and survived.
-Seems to predict things on the island (occurrences, weather and direction) very accurately.
-When Locke was a boy, his sister died and his mother was on a steady decline until a Golden Retriever came to the front door, seemingly as a replacement for his sister. When his mother died, the dog left.
- Dreamt of a plane crashing and a horribly mauled Boone who mumbled about his nanny Teresa who fell down the stairs. Then proceeded to lead Boone directly to the place where the same plane (small, that had belonged to drug smugglers- heroin) had crashed

Connections: - Worked for the box company owned by Hurley.

Boone/Shannon: Traveling back to the U.S. together after Boone was tricked for the last time by Shannon into going to Australia to pay off an “abusive” boyfriend. He then abandoned her and ran off with the money, so they both traveled back together. Shannon speaks French.

- Boone has experienced a very realistic hallucination in which he witnessed saw his sister's (Shannon's) body gruesomely mauled by the monster.
- Boone has encountered the beast. Shannon although she was 'there' was only a hallucination and therefore did not.

Sayid: Unknown

- The first one to have met with Danielle Rousseau, the French Castaway/Scientist. She told him about a “disease” that had claimed her fellow castaways, and the “Black Rock” (later discovered by Hurley to be the site of a radio transmitter tower).

Kate: Arrested for a bank robbery after being in hiding for several months in the Australian outback. Traveling back in handcuffs under the guard of an American Marshall. Has killed the man she loved.

Hurley (Hugo): Drawn to Australia in his search to discover the origin of a sequence of numbers that had enabled him to win the lottery but had cursed him with disaster for everyone and everything around him.

- Hurley’s curse, that of the sequence of numbers (4 8 15 16 23 42), has followed him everywhere. These numbers, being broadcast from the Island, were heard by an old friend of Hurley’s while he served in the army. This same broadcast was what drew Rousseau’s team to the Island and also doomed them. These same numbers were inscribed on the metal hull that Boone and Locke had been uncovering.

Connections: - Seen winning the lottery on TV in Korea in Jin’s flashback.
-Owned the box company for which Locke was working.

Michael/Walt/Vincent: Travelling back to the states together after the death of Walt’s mother.

- Walt seems to be able to think of animals (?) and make them appear, or come to him.
- Michael and Walt have both encountered the beast.

Connections: Saw Sawyer in the police station in Australia.

Rose: Unknown, but she was traveling with her husband who she fervently believes is still alive.

Claire: Put on the plane by the psychic who put her on this particular plane when he read in her palm that if she did not raise her baby herself terrible things would happen. She was going to give her child up for adoption.

- The psychic correctly knew that the plane was going to crash.
- Very realistic dreams that seem to be partly real and/or meaningful.

Charlie: Returning from Australia after attempting to regroup his band, Driveshaft, by visiting his brother and his family in Sydney.

- Possibly a supernatural experience: His guitar was found intact in an unlikely coincidence.

Sun/Jin: Jin and Sun were in Sydney together for Jin’s job. He was “delivering watches” for Sun’s father, for whom he worked and they were on their way to deliver more watches to Los Angeles. In America, Jin was going to leave his work (beating and maybe even assassinating people, as well as delivering watches) to start a new life with Sun. Sun was unaware of this fact and so because she was unhappy with Jin was planning to leave him at the airport- instead she got on the doomed flight.

Connections: Hurley was seen on TV in Jin's flashback.

Sawyer (Thanks Geoff!): (possible real name is James?) Unknown for sure. But is a tormented Scam Artist, who murdered the wrong man (he was in Australia to do this murder). He may have been returning to America to exact revenge from the person who misguided him into killing this person.

- Possibly a supernatural experience: Had three encounters with a boar that resulted in him changing slightly.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
Regarding Kate, didn't she rob the bank to get a toy plane from a safety deposit box that wasn't in her name? Then she tried to deceive/fight both Jack and Sawyer to gain possession of the plane when she found it on the island. I got the impression that it was somehow connected to the man she killed,

I found this episode with Kate and the plane to be nearly as mysterious as the whole numbers thing..

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aeroth
Member # 6269

- posted      Profile for Aeroth   Email Aeroth         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Was anyone able to make out what the voice on the radio said to Boone just as the plane began to fall? I wasn't able to make it out. It sounded like three syllables, followed by oceanic 815. Anyone?

--ApostleRadio

The voice in the radio transmission said:

"There were no survivors of Oceanic 815."

Posts: 121 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
This episode was WEIRD! What is up with Locke and the use and misuse of his legs? And did Boon actually get a transmission out?! Sounds to me like he did! And then the glowing orb at the end? I was expecting aliens to pop out or something!

And next week! So symbolic! Death and Life, all in the same episode. I can totally see it coming.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

Thanks Aeroth, it was really bugging me!

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. Much to think about. I can't help comparing the pre-credits scene, where Locke demonstrates the mousetrap game and the basket coming down, with the plane coming down at the end. I guess the island is leading them along for some purpose. And yeah, the only reason I can think of for Locke being able to carry Boone back is that he suddenly was re-granted the use of his legs.

I've been hearing for a while that one of the major characters is going to die this season, it's certainly looking like that's going to be Boone. But then again, the writers/producers like to trick us about things like that [Wink]

Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

quote:
"There were no survivors of Oceanic 815."
If they say this, it sounds like their bodies have all been found. Usually, until they know, the bodies would have been labelled "missing presumed dead", no? Why would you say such a thing to someone who clearly sounds like they're in trouble?

"Oh, sorry, you're dead."

Something's (more than it already is, of course) fishy.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

I think the theory of they are already dead is a crappy one. If, somehow, that turned out to be the case, I would hate this show which i currently love.

Seriously, think about it. They have an 8 season story arc that ends with, Oh well, you were all dead anyway, so nothing matters. That would make me angry.

--ApostleRadio

By the way, did anyone catch the new show Eyes last night? It's from the same guy who created lost. I thought it was interesting, in the sense that this show set up a person as a main character and then killed him at the end of the show, which is what the creator wanted to do with lost by killing jack at the end of the first show, but ABC wouldn't let him. I guess the success of lost convinced them to give him a freer hand with Eyes.

Teshi
Member # 5024

O.O <spoiler alert, if you hadn't already taken heed of the thread title; I was vague though.>

I get the feeling from this episode that it was really an "event" episode- other than the two major events, very little physically happened.

While this is fine in of itself, and overall the episode was very good, I didn't feel like the backstory idea worked in this episode. I thought it might be time to do a bit more weaving, perhaps showing clips that linked Boone, Jack and Claire, perhaps some that we had already seen. For instance, Jack's wedding could have been show in more dramatic terms, perhaps even in silence. Scenes could include:

-Boone watching Shannon as a teenager/child.
-Claire hearing the words of the psychic.
-Jack's wife (I've forgotten her name) in the emergency room.
-Boone boarding the plane with Shannon.
-Jack kissing his bride.

You get the idea. This episode could have been amazing had it broken the Lost-mold. It was all their lives, coming together around the Baby and the Death and the flashbacks should have reflected that. This episode had a lot of potential.

I think Firefly has enabled me to start critiquing tv, which is both a bad thing and a good thing.

Nothing supernatural happened this episode, so I'm not going to update the Lost List, unless someone else comes up with something [Smile] .

Aeroth
Member # 6269

- posted      Profile for Aeroth   Email Aeroth         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree. Not much story was developed in this episode, but it was entertaining nevertheless.

I also loved the ending. Perfect set-up for the next episode...

...which doesn't air until May. ABC. Always the tease.

Posts: 121 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

I missed all of last week's episode and the first half of this week's episode, but it seems that if Locke had really tried to kill Boone, he wouldn't have bothered to carry him back to Jack. What DID Locke do after he carried Boone? Anyone know?

If Boone got a message out, was it the island that killed him as an act of revenge?

I read the TV Guide interview with Sawyer and he said, "I like the idea that the island is alive. There's an energy of something there that feeds off our fears. It's like a big mirror forcing us to deal with our demons. I don't know if that's an evil thing or a positive."

It makes me wonder about motive. If the island is alive, it has worked pretty hard to collect and keep its human captives. What could a human offer an island?

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Life and death. I was kind of hoping that I was wrong about that, but I'm glad that they let Boone go in this episode and didn't drag it out any longer. I think there was some good character development in this episode, despite the lack of linear storyline movement.

Jin: He hugged Charlie and danced with him like a little kid. He watched a woman have a baby without getting squicky or overly hyper. He was helpful, supportive and connected with Claire, even though they don't speak one another's language.

Kate: She did what she had to do and got to be better friends with Claire.

Jack: Yeah. Lots. His whole 'commitment' and 'letting go' thing was huge in this episode. I think we'll have a lot of denial, guilt and lashing out for a little while.

Claire: Hm. She feels guilty about not wanting the baby at first. She's HAPPY to have him.

Sun: She's the voice of reason, and Jack listens. This could prove to be helpful later on.

Shannon: Well. I haven't decided about Shannon.

I think we're going to have big guilt in the next little while...Locke guilt, Jack guilt, Shannon guilt. So much guilt. I hope it doesn't weigh the show down like it always did when someone died on ER.

And now I'm worried about Locke. [Angst]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What DID Locke do after he carried Boone? Anyone know?
Yes. He went back to the hatch and banged on it, crying, "I've done everything you wanted me to do! So why did you do this?" Then the hatch lit up and the episode ended. It was awesome.

BTW, a lot of people thought the person on the other end of the radio said, "We're the survivors of Oceanic flight 815."

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

Mrs.M That's even creepier than "There are no..."
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
I was a little disappointed at the lack of amputation. Something about that noise just before the screen went black before they went to commercial. That would have been a Lost moment. But I suppose Jack learned something. Whatever. I don't even like Jack.

I thought it was interesting that Shannon was worried about taking it slow with Sayid. I mean, he's from Iraq. Don't they do fairly severe things to you if you get caught sleeping with somebody's sister you haven't married?

It was nice to see everyone happy about the baby. I was expecting Sawyer to be a bit of a naysayer. Heck, even he looked happy, and he never looks happy unless he's giving someone a hard time. I hope someone on the plane can sew and brought their needle and thread with them. I'd hate to see them put the kid in someone's baby clothes that didn't make it.

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Sawyer went against his typical character when he gave Kate all the alcohol without any complaints or questions.

Why did Locke carry Boone all the way back to camp to Jack only to lie about what happened? If Jack saved Boone, which I assume is what Locke wanted, everyone would have found out the truth anyway.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

Yeah, Sawyer was awfully nice this episode. I noticed that too.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that's because it's against Saywers nature to be a jerk, and he has to force himself to be one. Its a sneaky suspision of mine that he's really a decent guy.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

If one forces oneself to be a jerk, is one actually a jerk? I know what you mean, but Sawyer is usually such an idiot, I was quite pleased by his co-operation.
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
I think Locke lied to protect the hatch, and in general what they really are doing when they should be hunting boar.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Sawyer lives up to what people think of him. In the past they have asked for things expecting him to put up a fight. This time Kate let it be known that she was not going to put up with the bull****.

I agree. I think deep down in side Sawyer is really a good person who has forgotten his soul.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

quote:
Nothing supernatural happened this episode
I think the fact that Boone died just about the same time as Claire's baby was born could be seen as "supernatural". A life for a life.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

Hm. Good point, although I'm inclined to believe it was just poetic. I will add that as a possibility as soon as I get a moment [Smile] .
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
While I'm really starting to hate Jack as a character (I can't BELIEVE that the episode about Boone's death and the baby's birth was all about Jack), I agree with his conclusion: Locke killed Boone.

Locke told Boone about the plane and assured him of the validity of the dream, but left out the "you were covered in blood and incoherently moaning" part. He should have told him, so Boone could decide to take the risk himself. I'm sure Locke is complex and all, but he cared more about his own mystery than Boone's life. He killed him.

[ April 07, 2005, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

I had forgotten that Locke also saw Boone covered in blood. I hadn't thought about the fact that he ignored that.

I still don't think he was guilty of anything but overexuberance. He was screaming for Boone to get out of the plane as soon as it started moving.

Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm inclined to agree with zgator. Locke was yelling for Boone to get out of the plane as soon as he saw that it was unsafe, Boone was just too intent on contacting someone with the radio to listen. I think if it's anyone's "fault," it's the Island God's (or whatever is controlling things)--it took away Locke's mobility just exactly long enough to make it so Boone had to be the one to go up in the plane. Locke was so intent on finding the plane that I'd be willing to bet he just forgot about Boone being covered with blood in the dream. He shouldn't have lied to Jack about what happened, though.
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imenimok
Member # 7679

- posted      Profile for imenimok           Edit/Delete Post 
Locke was obeying the island. Maybe it wanted Boone to die.

[edit: You beat me, Stray [Smile] ]

[ April 07, 2005, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: imenimok ]

Posts: 226 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

quote:
I'd be willing to bet he just forgot about Boone being covered with blood in the dream.
Hmm...I don't think so. I don't dislike Locke, and I do dislike Jack, but it wasn't a subtle, flashing-by moment. He left it out.

Boone trusted Locke. That trust may have been misplaced, but Boone looked to Locke as a ... higher-ranking officer, so to speak. Boone's dumb for marching around a plane stuck in trees, but Locke sent him there, knowing that if everything in the dream was true - and so far everything was - then Boone would end up covered in blood.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if Locke is this group of castaway's French Woman? Someone who appears to have an affinity with the island, and yet everyone around them dies?

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ctm
Member # 6525

- posted      Profile for ctm   Email ctm         Edit/Delete Post 
I did not see last night's episode, but I've been wondering since last week if Boone, "God's friggin gift to humanity", is also Locke's gift (intentional or not) to the island-- Boone is horribly wounded, the hatch lights up. Or maybe I'm reading way to much in to it all...

Good possibility Bokonon...that Locke is their french woman I mean.

Posts: 239 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
Was I the only one who thought that Claire understood what Jin was saying to her, at least for a moment? I thought this may be a supernatural thing but it could have been just them connecting as someone said above.
Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puppy
Member # 6721

- posted      Profile for Puppy   Email Puppy         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Boone being covered in blood is something that's easy to understand in retrospect, but not quite so easy to anticipate in advance. I mean, Locke's mother was in the dream, too, and she didn't figure into any of the events surrounding the plane.

Locke simply didn't realize that his actions would lead to Boone being injured. He probably thought the blood in the dream was just there to be scary. Once he realized that Boone was really in trouble, he freaked out and tried to stop him.

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan K.
Member # 7720

- posted      Profile for Jonathan K.   Email Jonathan K.         Edit/Delete Post 
I like Locke to much to believe that he could be affiliated with the island. I mean, he's just to cool. This show is supposed to be surprising. Right now we're supposed to suspect Locke which makes me think that it's NOT him.
Posts: 220 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr_Megalomaniac
Member # 7695

- posted      Profile for Mr_Megalomaniac   Email Mr_Megalomaniac         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't read much of the other posts, because I dont' have time to read nearly 500 of them, so if someone has said this, doh.

Anyone else think that Locke might end up going crazy and start killing people? I know he's a nice guy, but after what's happening to him, and this being only the first season, I can see him getting pretty psychotic. (That is, if he makes it to the next season without someone killing him for revenge)

Posts: 142 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

Well he'd have to overcome his immobility first, so he'd have to be awfully inventive in his excuses.

LOCKE: I swear, he just dropped dead right beside me!

LadyDove
Member # 3000

Mrs. M-
Thanks!

T_Smith
Member # 3734

I can't put my finger on exactly why I dislike Jacks character. Is it that Jack is really a jerk, convincing himself that he's really a good guy, much like Sawyer is a good guy convincing himself that he's a jerk?
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan K.
Member # 7720

- posted      Profile for Jonathan K.   Email Jonathan K.         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Sawyer IS a jerk. I mean don't you become what you act like. Look at Valentine in Ender's Game.

[ April 07, 2005, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: Jonathan K. ]

Posts: 220 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Don't you remember the "Theresa falls up the stairs, Theresa falls down the stairs." That was foreshodowing, though of course we couldn't expect Locke or Boone to understand that...but Locke DID tell Boone about it.

And I'm SURE that Locke would've gone up in the plane himself had he not been immobilized. And he was so upset when he saw that Boone was injured...he didn't kill him.

Though, for character development, he'll THINK that he killed him and feel guilty for months and months. As will Jack...and Shannon. Primetime dramas needs guilt. It drives me crazy.

katharina
Member # 827

Jack is a jerk. He completely humiliated Sawyer in front of Kate when he was trying to figure out the cause of his headaches, with the questions about sexual history. It's supposed to be funny because Sawyer's a jerk, but Sawyer is a complex character and Jack came off as the weenie violating the ethics of his own profession in order to embarass a rival.

[ April 07, 2005, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Teshi
Member # 5024

You're right katharina. Jack definately has issues.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Sawyer has been a jerk to Jack despite all of Jack's efforts to help him, from day one. I'm glad he finally got back at him. Sawyer deserves whatever he gets.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

I agree with Lyrhawn. Jack has bent over backwards on several occasions to try and help Sawyer and has his hand slapped every time.

It's easy to say Jack acted poorly that time, but put yourself in his situation. You've survived a terrible plane crash and are now stuck on an island with little hope of being rescued. There's some type of monster and a slightly mad French woman wandering the island. To top it all off, there's an arrogant twit hoarding the few things that could be used as medical supplies and generally being a jerk to everyone.

He acted poorly, but under the circumstances, I wouldn't call him a jerk. Just human.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

I don't know, Zan, even before that I considered him slowly becoming more and more of a jerk, though to be honest, I can't remember any specific instances.

Oh and yeah, "acted poorly" is probably a better choice of words for what I was trying to say.

[ April 08, 2005, 10:01 AM: Message edited by: T_Smith ]

zgator
Member # 3833

He was also acting pretty bad towards Sun while working on Boone. Once again, though, he's in a high stress situation desparately trying to save a man's life with really crappy medical equipment.

It seems to me that everytime Jack is in "jerk" mode, he's in a high stress situation. A lot of people deal with stress poorly and are sorry about it later.

One of the things I can't stand about Sawyer is the fact that he has a ticket on the boat, but never lifts a finger to help build it.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Ok, guys, just read stuff in a magazine with a few spoilers, but mostly "get you thinking" spoilers. You have been warned.

In the article they interviewed the guys on the show and the writer, essentially asking them about how they got their character, asking them a "burning question" and etc etc.

A few things to point out:

1) There was a skeleton with black and white rocks. There is Lockes favorite game: Backgammon. There is the Black rock. All of which apparently is going to be explained.

2) They said the easy part about jack getting off cocaine is he hasn't had any temptation. What was on the plane? Cocaine. They said that is going to come into play.

3) Before the season is over, we are going to see:

Who hit Sayid on the back of the head.
Why Sawyer was in the police station with Boone in it.
They are going to try to find a greater meaning in the numbers for the rest of season 1.
The reason Jin is so pissy all the time will become more clear.

4) They asked each character which explanation of the island they think is the most ridiculous:

1) Purgatory seemed to be a popular response to this. "I don't think it's correct, but we are all searching for redemption on the island."- Jin
2) Government funded.
3) Not a Truman Show thing.
4) "That we're an ant farm- where you can shake it and mess them up."- Hurley

The season finale is 2 hours long, on May 25th, and will have flashbacks to the flight that brought them to the island.

Teshi
Member # 5024

*excited*

Is there are an episode this week?

T_Smith
Member # 3734

I dunno, article didn't say. If the season finale is May 25th, I doubt there will be a new one this week.
  This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  21  22  23   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.