FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Heroes: II (Page 14)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Heroes: II
EmpSquared
Member # 10890

- posted      Profile for EmpSquared           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rollainm:
Great episode. Two issues, but like those I had with last week's, perhaps there is a simple answer to these as well. Both have to do with Elle.

1. What was stopping her from breaking free at any point after leaving the Bennett's and before the exchange?

2. Why was she driving rather than Bob after being shot in the arm?

I also had an issue with number 1. Maybe Noah thought that handcuffing her would limit her aim? She did have to break through the cuffs to shoot at Claire though. I would have suctioned like, a goldfish bowl or something to her.

Number 2 is just because she's hardcore. And also because it'd be easier for the little bit of character development between Bob and Elle if Elle shrugs him off and distracts herself with driving instead of the worried advances of her father.

Posts: 368 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob could have easily given some of Claire's blood to Elle.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by scholar:
quote:
Originally posted by BandoCommando:

At first, the implausible part was how someone as stupid as Mohinder could end up becoming a professor, but then I think back to some professors that I have met in real life and I think, "oh yeah there's idiots everywhere..."

My boss, tenured faculty in biochemistry doesn't know how to use a microwave and can't figure it out. I tried to show him and he decided life was better without it.
Tenure....that wonderful invention that screws over talented, good, effective teachers with abrasive relationships with colleagues or bosses yet provides limitless job security to idiotic, ineffective yet amiable teachers.....
Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
And okay, the knife thing is pretty good, but still, she's fairly indestructable and if she had help, I'd say unstoppable.

Read "Can't Touch This" from Rising Stars by JMS. The character in that is actually indestructible rather than healing. However, it does have a significantly different take on this issue.
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
To deal with Adam, you just have to get around the idea that killing him or locking him in a cage is the only way to get rid of him for good. For example, Hiro can take Adam to the future and leave him there. Problem solved, though perhaps it's not a nice thing to do to those people. Or stick Hiro in a space suit and put Adam on the moon. Perhaps Adam could be sedated, frozen, then launched on a trajectory out of the solar system. Unless he gets close to a star and manages to thaw, he'd presumably would just stay asleep. Or hey, maybe Matt can strand Adam in a dream. Plenty of options [Smile]
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Besides, if putting Adam in a cage kept him out of circulation for my lifetime, who cares if he gets out eventually?
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

Which is why stranding him in the future is attractive. Of course, if he manages to run into someone else in the future who can control time and space, he might manage to get back.

I wonder what the limit is to the things Adam and Claire can survive? Adam survived an explosion. Would he have survived if he were next to Peter when Peter went off? Would he survive being thrown into the sun? A black hole?

Here's an unsettling thought: if he were infected with the Shanti virus, he would presumably not lose his powers and not die. What if his body didn't clear the infection, though? He'd be a carrier and he'd kill everyone he came close to. (And just how contagious is the virus anyway? Nobody seems to be worrying about broken virus vials or about being near Niki after she was infected.)

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Shigosei:
Which is why stranding him in the future is attractive. Of course, if he manages to run into someone else in the future who can control time and space, he might manage to get back.

I still wonder what the effect of leaving someone in a future that doesn't happen is. I mean, what if, for example, you went to the future and left Adam on some yet to be constructed space station. Then when you come back you could prevent the station from being built and launched.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
if hes past the event horizon of a black hole hes gone for eternity.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
1. What was stopping her from breaking free at any point after leaving the Bennett's and before the exchange?
Aluminized duct tape.
Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm reasonably sure Sylar can kill Adam. That's probably why they didn't kill Sylar when they had the chance.
Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if Adam can come back from this, I'd have to agree with him (and [perhaps eventually] Claire) being darn near indestructible.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
if hes past the event horizon of a black hole hes gone for eternity.

Hmm...
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Carrie:
Well, if Adam can come back from this, I'd have to agree with him (and [perhaps eventually] Claire) being darn near indestructible.

hahahahah

look very closely at that person's arm.

HE'S GOT AN ADAMANTIUM SKELETON

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

We had to put up with the twins for all those episodes just to see him randomly get stabbed to death by Sylar. On one hand, it's pretty lame. The good news, though, is that we never have to hear from "the twins" again.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

It was kinda a nice scene though you gotta admit.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

Even if it was a bit heavy on the tick-tocking...

His call to Mohinder was brilliant, though. [Smile]

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, according to the preview "two heroes will fall" and Hiro is going to go head to head with Peter. If they, for some idiotic reason, kill Hiro then I am done with the show. And I will cry.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

quote:
Originally posted by JonHecht:
Alright, according to the preview "two heroes will fall" and Hiro is going to go head to head with Peter. If they, for some idiotic reason, kill Hiro then I am done with the show. And I will cry.

Niki and the other twin (can't remember her name).
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, yeah.

Mohinder has no cure.

Adn the other twin is so going to die.

Why did we waste all that time with them? Why? I know it sucked, but we were patient! Was all of that just for them to get killed by Sylar?

Why couldn't we have just met them, say, twice, the second time reemphasizing their powers as they meet Sylar.

As Sylar meets them, he gets all creepy-evil, and then... the next time we see him, he's got his powers back.

No... that would require his "out of comission" subplot to not be around. I'd be okay with that, though. Just have someone other than illusion girl there when he escaped. Thus, he wouldnt' get quite so powerful.

Posts: 1577 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
Why does nobody stop Hiro when he runs at them with a sword?!
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked Sylar in this one. He was massively creepy, and he wasn't doing his usual random killer schtick. It was a nice change for him. I was also not thrilled with how they fixed the twins, but they did fix it. Maybe it'll be better next time. Though I'll be surprised if they can wrap up this new subplot in one episode to my satisfaction. It would be a great cliffhanger for the third season. "Now that we've saved the world, we have to go save Molly!"

I've never respected Mrs Bennet before last night. She was pretty tough dealing with Bob, and I loved that for a change it was the son holding Mr Muggles in the background.

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Doesn't Peter understand that stopping the Shanti virus means his girlfriend will cease to exist? It'll obliterate the timeline he left her in. He'll never be able to get back, because there'll be nowhere to get back to.

[ November 27, 2007, 08:20 AM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sylvrdragon
Member # 3332

- posted      Profile for sylvrdragon   Email sylvrdragon         Edit/Delete Post 
It still pisses me off how ignorant Peter and Hiro are about using Hiro's power... I mean, sure, Peter can remain active when Hiro stops time, but Hiro should have just warped over to Adam, took off his head, and warped somewhere else (preferably taking Adam's head with him). Neither one of them STILL knows how to properly use that ability. (of course... if they did, then the season would be like 1 episode of them saving the day in a single afternoon, but whatever) Argh, OSC has me spoiled... I keep expecting super intelligent characters in everything I read or watch. At least House and Dexter don't disappoint.

I personally can't wait till Sylar gets his abilities back. He was the most interesting villain in the show.

The Monica/Micah story-line is as boring as ever. Monica obviously doesn't take her power seriously enough. If I had that power, I would be learning for a few weeks straight before I even left the house again.

I wonder if Bob knows that Mohinder saved Noah? I assume that he knows SOMETHING if he went through the trouble to come up with fake ashes. *gasp* I know! He cremated Noah AFTER the revival scene!

Noah: I'm not quite dead yet.
Mohinder: You hear that? He says he's not dead.
Bob: Sure he is, he'll be stone dead in a moment.
Noah: I'm getting better, I think I'll go for a walk!
Mohinder: Well, I can't very well take him like THAT.
Bob: Isn't there something you can do?
Noah: I feel happy! I feel hap--
*THWACK*
Mohinder: Right. Off we go then.

[Wink]

Posts: 636 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
It's so obvious that they needed to draw this out more. Episode after episode of show buildup and then BOOM! A writers strike. The network would have been better off postponing the show until they worked things out with the writers.

This episode was a whirlwind. On the one hand, I can't complain about it going slow, but on the other, I can complain -- and will!

First, and most importantly....HIRO vs. PETER is the LAMEST thing in the world! Give me a break. "I am here to avenge my father." Bull crap. He just told Ando all about Adam releasing the virus and he couldn't be bothered to mention that to Peter?

Second, the twins...UGH! A sorry climax to a sorry story. At least one of them is dead. Hope the other one dies too.

And why did we all of a sudden have to start something in New Orleans? It's not like there isn't enough to tie up next week. If you're suddenly finishing a show in half the episodes you had planned, it's ok to drop a character....really. If it comes back next year, she can kick ass then.

I have a feeling this season is going to be a total wash and I'm not sure if it's coming back next year. Does anyone know? I've heard rumors that it's getting canceled permanently. The way they are handling the conclusion suggests that may be true, but it's a shame. There's so little worth watching and they really coulda done something with this.

Oh, and my picks for dead heroes:

Nikki
Girl twin

(Or maybe I'm just hoping...if Hiro dies I'm boycotting the show permanently.)

Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

Well, it's not like Peter would believe Hiro - Peter certainly didn't believe Victoria when she decried Adam. Sure, he lost his memory, but seriously! Adam just shot Victoria - doesn't that induce a bit of suspicion? At all? No?

Oh, well.

I agree - if Hiro dies, the show's over for me. Noah's "death" was bad enough. I liked Monica up until she got caught; then I thought she was a bit stupid.

I'm STILL WAITING for the teased scene where Mohinder walks into his apartment and Sylar says "Welcome home, Mohinder." Even though that phone call was almost entirely made of awesome, Sylar being reintroduced like that would have been even better. [Big Grin]

I've heard no news of Heroes' continuation or lack thereof. Chuck and Life just got picked up for a full year (provided there are writers to actually, you know, write the episodes), so NBC is doing something with their shows.

Phanto
Member # 5897

The points Mohinder made about security were disturbingly accurate.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
I was half expecting Mohinder to tell Noah that killing him had just been a ploy to make sure the company really trusted him and thus further his infiltration. But nope. He's just a stupid company tool now. And Peter is just as stupid. Really, how many people need to tell him that Adam's evil before he decides to stop and listen?
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SC Carver
Member # 8173

- posted      Profile for SC Carver   Email SC Carver         Edit/Delete Post 
How did Peter not figure out Adam is trying to release the virus?

It has been locked up safely for thirty years. Peter learns its going to be released the day he and Adam are going to find it. Coincidence? Then the woman who created it says Adam was trying to release it before and he shoots her for saying it.

Who doesn't put two and two together and figure out Adam is the one who releases it and you are the idiot who lead him to it.

Posts: 555 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 5108

- posted      Profile for Avatar300   Email Avatar300         Edit/Delete Post 
He doesn't even need to do any math, he just needs to use his powers to read Adam's mind.
Posts: 413 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sylvrdragon
Member # 3332

- posted      Profile for sylvrdragon   Email sylvrdragon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Avatar300:
He doesn't even need to do any math, he just needs to use his powers to read Adam's mind.

I rest my case. (Mis-/non- use of powers)
Posts: 636 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Carrie:
Well, it's not like Peter would believe Hiro - Peter certainly didn't believe Victoria when she decried Adam. Sure, he lost his memory, but seriously! Adam just shot Victoria - doesn't that induce a bit of suspicion? At all? No?

First, Peter was predisposed to distrust Victoria because Adam told him she was responsible for the virus in the first place and implied that she was the one who had evil intentions. Then, Victoria didn't exactly come straight out and tell Peter what happened last time -- that Adam was the one to release the virus. She just said he was planning to do it this time, all the while waving a gun like a lunatic, shooting at everything with legs, and suggesting that Peter was just as evil as Adam.

I think Peter would take Hiro seriously. Unlike Victoria, Peter and Hiro have history and Peter has cause to trust Hiro.

Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

Yeah, seriously. Peter and Hiro have literally all the time in the world to talk about this, and yet they resort to violence within 10 seconds of meeting? And yeah, when Peter read Victoria's mind, I was expecting him to read Adam's, too. Duh.

At the very least, Hiro could convince Peter by taking him back to 1977 and showing him what Adam did.

Maybe Peter is assuming that if he destroys the timeline his girlfriend is in, she'll just pop back into the past? Or that the future she's in will just change around her, leaving her alive and retrievable but in no danger from the virus?

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Peter and Mohinder are to use the phrase I like, kites in the wind. Whichever strong will is behind them huffing and puffing is the will that's going to exert the most control of anyone, including themselves, over their actions.

Now, with Peter it's not as bad. In the first season, he got caught up in a hurricane-NYC being `sploded. Most anyone would start charting their lives on that course once they heard about it, and believed in it.

Mohinder, on the other hand...first it's about proving Daddy wrong. Or right. Then it's about saving the world, and whichever marginally trustworthy figure comes along, BAM! They're right, he joins up.

-------------

Killing Claire or Adam would be extremely simple: incapacitate and then drown them. Unless they manage to somehow grow gills while they're underwater, their bodies will within minutes cease getting their most important resources. Keep them underwater without oxygen for long enough for their bodies to start rotting-which would have to happen, because without oxygen, nothing works.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Obviously Peter has absorbed Mohinder's ability of being criminally oblivious.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SC Carver
Member # 8173

- posted      Profile for SC Carver   Email SC Carver         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Peter has to consciously decide to use his powers. He has only had his memory back for a short time and it seems it has not fully returned. Besides, I am sure the writers will say Adam has learned to hide his thoughts over the years so mind readers can't get to him. He could think in Japanese.

As far as him using his all of his power to their full extent I imagine it would take a long time and a lot of practice to master all of them. Just because you have a sword doesn't mean you’re a ninja. So I am not too hard on him for not using them instinctively. If he was able to use all of his absorbed powers intuitively he would be invincible, godlike, and boring. I can’t remember the entire list but it includes, flight, cellular regeneration, invisibility, mind reading, telekinesis, super strength, time and space travel, painting the future, nuclear blast, possibly walking through walks and talking to computers… Once mastered what couldn’t he do? All of those power working in tandem.

Can Peter use more than one power at a time?

What happens when he remembers the nuclear power? Will he have to learn to control it again?

Posts: 555 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
No, he remained immune to Hiro's ability without even realizing it was being used.

But since he can't exactly be immune to stopped time, that must mean he exited time as well, without consciously doing it. But that kind of thinking credits too much to this season of Heroes, I think.

quote:
If he was able to use all of his absorbed powers intuitively he would be invincible, godlike, and boring.
Treating it like the elephant in the room is just as bad: irritating.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SC Carver:
Just because you have a sword doesn't mean you’re a ninja.

Sure it does. Just ask Hiro. (Ninja, samurai . . . whatever.)
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Can Peter use more than one power at a time?
- He's used more than one power at once on several occasions.

- Even discounting the general power creep which have dissolved most of the previous inhibitions on his power use, he's used more than one power at once on several occasions.

- He's already got several passive abilities that are essentially always on anyway

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

Can you remind me of when, Samp? I can't come up with Peter doing two things at once off the top of my head.
Samprimary
Member # 8561

In Kindred, Peter was able to pin Will to the wall with telekinesis while he healed.
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

quote:
No, he remained immune to Hiro's ability without even realizing it was being used.
But he was in Hiro's presence when he did. That's the way he gains powers after all, without being aware of them until they manifest themselves. I don't think he has an immunity to Hiro's power so much as that Hiro's presence induces the same power in Peter, so they essentially cancel each other out.

Kring says that according to his rules, Peter can only use one power at a time. But he also recognises that some mistakes have slipped through in editing the pieces together.

Samprimary
Member # 8561

Kring's rules have been subject to spontaneous revision since the start and nearly all the rules regarding what Peter can and can not do were bled away rather fast. What we have left after the power creep is a character who is much more powerful than any primary antagonist in practice.

This is fine until it ends up being a corner that the writers have to constantly write themselves out of. I am looking forward to the multiple ways that Peter has to be conveniently depowered to maintain dramatic narrative!

We have already seen 'power-shutter-off pills™' and if the poor sod is unlucky enough he might end up like Professor X, who manages to get knocked out by stray debris immediately prior to any incredible conflict that he could have otherwise just ended summarily by shutting every opponent's brains off within a fifty mile radius.

I love it, it's like comic books on screen.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting episode.

Can't say I'm at all a fan of Peter vs. Hiro, or of how incredibly stupid Peter is being, but whatever, I still think this will resolve itself alright.

I've seen absolutely nothing, not even rumors, that say Heroes won't be picked up next year, and frankly I'd be extremely surprised if that were the case. Ratings may have dropped off since last year, but they still dominate Monday nights.

Question though, what do you think Elle will do in the last episode?

Also, does anyone have a link for where I can watch the preview for next week? I had to watch last night's online.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
"This is fine until it ends up being a corner that the writers have to constantly write themselves out of. I am looking forward to the multiple ways that Peter has to be conveniently depowered to maintain dramatic narrative!"

They already found away around it. They gave him permanent brain damage that can't be healed, thus making him an idiot.

Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Hey I just went back and read some of the comics that go along with the show. The one for the week where Peter finds the Virus features a Homeland Security agent who goes to Detroit to find a refugee camp, more or less, which is at a High School outside of Detroit. I went to a high school outside of Detroit, it could have been where the evacuation was!

I wonder if they chose it because Kristen Bell went to school in a high school outside of Detroit, just across town from me as a matter of fact.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Obviously Peter has absorbed Mohinder's ability of being criminally oblivious.
I, personally, love this and intend to use it.
sylvrdragon
Member # 3332

Three possibilities in light of Kring's "Peter rule". Either stopping time is like a toggle (no effort to maintain), passive abilities don't count, or it was an oversight, cause just in this episode, he's got a lightning bolt in his hand while stopped in time.

O.o That would be awesome if time stayed stopped regardless of concentration. I would totally stop time every time I wanted to sleep. You wouldn't sleep any more of your time away.

Hmm, a list of Peter's current powers:

Telekinesis
Time&Space
Regeneration
Mind Reading etc.
Ice (Sylar had already had this one when he met Peter, though I don't think Peter even knows about it)
Lightning
Radiation/Nukey nukey
Invisibility
Flight
Phase through objects
Duveax's power, whatever that is
Angela Petrelli's power
Painting the Future
Strength
Yakamura the Older's power (forgot his first name)
Transmute to Gold

Other possible powers:

Voice of command (did he ever meet that girl from the first season before she died?)
Talk to machines
Illusion (once again, did he ever meet her?)
Healing (depending on if he met Linderman as a kid (I think it mentioned that he did) and if he could absorb then)
Memory manipulation/power dampening (not sure if the Haitian's power would prevent him from acquiring it or not)

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Nakamura, and his first name is Kaito.
sylvrdragon
Member # 3332

Oh, almost forgot. Another thing that annoys me. How the hell does Adam know that losing your head means no coming back? It's not like it's HAPPENED to him before.

I suppose their is the possibility that either Adam has met other Regenerates (very very doubtful) or maybe he just said that to justify shooting Victoria. But if b, then that just makes Peter that much dumber for not asking himself the same thing that I just did: How do YOU know that?!? I seriously doubt either of the above scenarios are very likely, because Victoria (for some strange reason) had the same idea that no head = permanently dead for immortals.

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.