FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » "Lost" discussion *including spoilers* (Page 21)

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23   
Author Topic: "Lost" discussion *including spoilers*
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
If you go to Joop's Corner, there is red blur on the webcam picture of Joop. My monitor at work sucks. Can anyone tell if it says something?
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by zgator:
quote:
It was just Libby's bad luck that she came in at that moment. I guess we'll never find out what kind of crazy she was.

Why do you think she's dead? I mean besides being shot twice. The only one they said for sure is dead is Ana Lucia. Libby had a blanket conveniently placed where she was shot. She might have had something wrapped in the blanket that deflected the bullets or Jack could still save her if not.
That's a good point. The bullets did hit the blankets.

quote:
Originally posted by zgator:
Does anyone else think it strange that Ana Lucia was shot in the stomach and died so quickly? I thought that always meant a long painful death - at least on TV.

Um... not when the actress had to serve jail time (however little) for a DUI hit and run. When that happens, the character just bites it.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Joop? 'Scuze?
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
On the Hanso Foundation web page from last night's commercial.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Woo Hoo! Anna Lucia bugs me. I'm glad she died, instead of somebody important.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a walk through of the 877-hansorg phone system:
linkage

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_Somalian
Member # 6688

- posted      Profile for the_Somalian   Email the_Somalian         Edit/Delete Post 
I have discovered the perfect way to catch "Lost" each season: Watch the season opener. Watch the recap at the end of the season. Watch the season finale. [Big Grin]

Except I missed the finale this time...

Cause of finals and all.

Damn college.

Posts: 722 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

The finale hasn't aired yet. Also, that is a terrible way to watch Lost. [Smile]

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

If you try to send Joop a message on the website, you end up playing a little game of connect the dots which leads you to a set of papers concerning links between the Hanso life expirements and a new strain of disease transmittable from primates to humans. The first letter asks for immediate intervention, while the second letter withdraws the request and says everything is fine. Then a woman's voice says "The Hanso Foundation, setting world speed records in subverting authority."

--ApostleRadio

Lisa
Member # 8384

Does anyone else think that the blonde Australian woman who was shouting at Jack's dad was Claire's mom? There was some resemblance there, no? Could Jack and Claire be half-sibs?

Also, I assume that when they ran into Sawyer, he was about to go into that bar and do the scene with Jack's dad, right?

See, I remember there was this image that was up online for a short time that had a lot of Lost stuff on it. One of the things was a piece of paper with the initials of various Losties, and Walt's initials in the center. And Jack's dad's initials were there, but crossed out and replaced with Jack's. As though Jack was a replacement for his dad when he died.

I found the image:

Full Image

Close Up of Initials

So... the initials are (starting at the top and going clockwise):

CP
Charlie Pace

(can't see)
This is obscured by a post-it note, but the first letter is either a P, B or R, which means it's most likely Boone.

CL
Claire Littleton (with arrow pointing to WL-Walt Lloyd in the center) and a notation saying "Not her kid!" referring to the arrow)

SR
Shannon Rutherford

JS K
Jin-Soo Kwon

JL
John Locke

CS
Christian Shephard, except that it's crossed out and replaced with JS-Jack Shephard

HR
Hugo "Hurley" Reyes

Anyway, here is some analysis of the picture.

Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it basically assumed we will never see Walt again? The kid actor having aged about 2 years, and in "Lost time" it has only been about 2 months.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

More stuff. This is on a forum site that's currently down. But the page was cached, so I was able to copy this:
quote:
This thing is giving me another headache. So the picture is a fake? Any idea how it got there? Do we need to close this thread down sometime?

I'm not 100% sure if the photo is real or not. I do think it's fascinating, though. The Delta Park Project podcast was talking about it but I don't think they ever confirmed that they actually saw it on the site. I have a hard time believing that someone could figure out the steganography part without some help. I mean, not only would you have to figure out it was encoded with hidden messages, but you have to use the same software to decode it as it was encoded in.

FWIW, here's a recap of all the picture info though:

The Original Picture (copenhagen.jpg)
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d39/kta78248/KCopenhagen.jpg

When you unhide the info from copenhagen.jpeg you get 2 files. The first is a text file called detcefni.txt which contains the following:
-- .-. -.-. .- .-.. ...- .. -. .- -.. . -. .... .- ... -... . - .-. .- -.-- . -.. ..- ...
Can't include too much to avoid detection. Too much makes stenography obvious.
-
Einar has become infected. The Zanzibar facility is a total loss.
Product will be moved in small batches to the quarantine zone. Blessed is the fruit of her womb.
Please make the usual arrangements for Mrs. Ragharsson.
-
Our religious friend has been fed K's carrot joke. May his staff comfort him in the valley of the shadow of death.
-
It's surprising what they've been able to do so quickly with so little.
Humbaba (I can't believe what it did onboard) is working out quite well, though metrosideros polymorpha aren't cedrus libani. It did kill two birds with one stone though in 815.
-
You try convincing AH that stuff has been hitting the fan there long before we put in the first six. I can deals with know-it-alls, but he knows too much. it gives me the willies.
-
Tell R to pace around the carniceria.
.-.. --- --- -.- -... . -.-- --- -. -.. .-- .... .- - .. ... .- -.-. -.-. . .--. - . -.. .- ... - .... . - .-. ..- - .... .- -. -.. .. -- .- --. .. -. . .-- .... .- - .. ... .--. --- ... ... .. -... .-.. .

The second is another jpeg called detcefni.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d39/kta78248/Kdetcefni.jpg

That image can be further decoded into another 2 files. The first is a text file called ps.txt that contains the following:
... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. .

And another picture called perdiem.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d39/kta78248/Kperdiem.jpg

Anyway, it's all in good fun and keeps a lostie pre-occupied while the BSS1 chat is down!

[Big Grin]

Then I used an online Morse code decoder to decode the Morse code in the message:
quote:
-- .-. -.-. .- .-.. ...- .. -. .- -.. . -. .... .- ... -... . - .-. .- -.-- . -.. ..- ...
MRCALVINADENHASBETRAYEDUS

.-.. --- --- -.- -... . -.-- --- -. -.. .-- .... .- - .. ... .- -.-. -.-. . .--. - . -.. .- ... - .... . - .-. ..- - .... .- -. -.. .. -- .- --. .. -. . .-- .... .- - .. ... .--. --- ... ... .. -... .-.. .
LOOKBEYONDWHATISACCEPTEDASTHETRUTHANDIMAGINEWHATISPOSSIBLE

... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. . ... . . -.-- --- ..- .. -. - .... . --- - .... . .-. .-.. .. ..-. .
SEEYOUINTHEOTHERLIFE SEEYOUINTHEOTHERLIFE SEEYOUINTHEOTHERLIFE SEEYOUINTHEOTHERLIFE SEEYOUINTHEOTHERLIFE SEEYOUINTHEOTHERLIFE SEEYOUINTHEOTHERLIFE SEEYOUINTHEOTHERLIFE SEEYOUINTHEOTHERLIFE SEEYOUINTHEOTHERLIFE SEEYOUINTHEOTHERLIFE SEEYOUINTHEOTHERLIFE SEEYOUINTHEOTHERLIFE SEEYOUINTHEOTHERLIFE SEEYOUINTHEOTHERLIFE SEEYOUINTHEOTHERLIFE SEEYOUINTHEOTHERLIFE SEEYOUINTHEOTHERLIFE SEEYOUINTHEOTHERLIFE SEEYOUINTHEOTHERLIFE SEEYOUINTHEOTHERLIFE SEEYOUINTHEOTHERLIFE SEEYOUINTHEOTHERLIFE

[ May 06, 2006, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: starLisa ]

neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by A Rat Named Dog:
quote:
So who were the two people Henry was talking about?
I assume the two that Eko killed.

Our assumption over here is that the Others made a deal with Michael. We'll give you Walt if you rescue Henry and lead the aggressive Losties into a trap.

I still don't think that leading them into a trap was part of the deal. I really think that the Others are fine with the "you leave us alone, we leave you alone" set-up. I just don't think that the Survivors are a threat to them. I bet they could wipe them out with few casualties if they came down on them in full force during the night.
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by A Rat Named Dog:
quote:
So who were the two people Henry was talking about?
I assume the two that Eko killed.

Our assumption over here is that the Others made a deal with Michael. We'll give you Walt if you rescue Henry and lead the aggressive Losties into a trap.

The problem with that is that he clearly had Goodwin in mind as well. After all, he's the only one Ana Lucia killed personally. So that'd make three, if you include the two that Eko killed.

Incidentally, did y'all see that Walt is going to be back this season? Ain't It Cool News has ABC's blurbs for the remaining eps. Flashbacks from X, Y and Z (I choose not to say, because some people might consider it a spoiler).

peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
starLisa, feel free to post it, or post a link.

My purpose in creating this thread was to discuss spoiler type info. It even says so in the thread title. [Smile]

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Just "Lisa" is okay, actually. The "star" is silent.

Here you go.

May 10: ? (yes, that's actually the name of the ep)
Eko flashbacks

May 17: Three Minutes
Michael flashbacks

May 24: Live Together, Die Alone
Desmond flashbacks!

That's the finale. There's more detail at that link.

Um... language warning for the talkbacks at the bottom. Talkbackers tend to be adolescent potty-mouths in the worst way.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, what was she going back for?
Blankets and...wine? Something other than the blankets. Maybe that was under the blanket.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
Good read Lisa thank you so much, I was wondering if the DUI was in relation.

Also, I'm hoping that what Libby was holding in front of her was a very heavily armored plane seat or something. [Wink]

They can't kill Libby yet darnit!

Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Some thoughts (ALL SPOILERS):

- If Libby doesn't die, then she can ID Michael as the killer.

- The island has special healing powers for some people (i.e. not Boon or Shannon) so it's hard to know who will die or not. This was supported in the Rose flashback episode.

- Why did Jack agree so readily to the idea ("we can take them") when Kate had already told him about the false beard and clothes. It's obvious Michael's story was a lie or a show put on by the Others.

- Jack pulling a gun on Sawyer was just disappointing. He could have just let Kate get the guns for him.

- I agree that there seems to be at least two groups of Others: 1) the group that Ethan belonged to that cleaned themselves up, kidnapped Walt, and held Claire. Henry probably belongs to that group.
and 2) the group that Eko and [someone else I can't remember] saw that run around barefoot and dirty with the kids.

- Ana Lucia seems to be dead. Her dying fast wasn't that big a deal (Shannon also died after being shot in the stomach and I think Ana Lucia's wound might have been more chest area) and her story arc seemed to be kind of concluded. But Shannon's and Boone's death seemed more expected than hers. Or I just liked her better.

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Lisa, do you think you could please edit and put some spaces in those quotes up there so my screen doesn't foul up?

Dude, I re-wrote that sentence like five times and still couldn't figure out a way to word it so that it didn't seem like I was being snarky. I'm honestly not.

Maybe I'm still bitter that for some reason every time I take a tape out of my VCR and put it back in it rewinds anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds, and occasionally when I forget and pull the tape out a few times (switching to watch other recorded shows or a movie for the kids or something) before recording again it rewinds far enough that this week I lost the last I-don't-know-how-much of Lost. It cut off when Michael had just opened the door and was looking at Henry. So if there was verbal (or more meaningful visual) interaction between them I missed it. So I came here to see if I could piece together those last few moments. And obviously I missed a bit.

Otherwise, uh... yeah.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Papa Moose:
Lisa, do you think you could please edit and put some spaces in those quotes up there so my screen doesn't foul up?

Is that better? It was fouling up my screen as well, actually.

quote:
Dude, I re-wrote that sentence like five times and still couldn't figure out a way to word it so that it didn't seem like I was being snarky. I'm honestly not.

Really? It didn't seem the least bit snarky to me, actually. I wasn't sure what I'd done to cause that. Turns out it was the "SEEYOUINTHEOTHERLIFE" thing. The Morse decoder didn't put in spaces. So I just added them, and the problem seems to have gone away. At least on my screen. Let me know if it helped for you.

quote:
Maybe I'm still bitter that for some reason every time I take a tape out of my VCR and put it back in it rewinds anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds, and occasionally when I forget and pull the tape out a few times (switching to watch other recorded shows or a movie for the kids or something) before recording again it rewinds far enough that this week I lost the last I-don't-know-how-much of Lost. It cut off when Michael had just opened the door and was looking at Henry. So if there was verbal (or more meaningful visual) interaction between them I missed it. So I came here to see if I could piece together those last few moments. And obviously I missed a bit.

Ouch. That's one reason I always go over in my taping. And particularly with Lost, which frequently goes over an hour. My two suggestions are (a) download the ep, or (b) read the recap on Television Without Pity. For the latter, you'll have to wait until the full recap is posted. All they have right now is a recaplet. The full one is usually up before the next ep airs.
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I do go over in my taping, which adds insult to injury. This isn't even one of the cases where recording to the end of one show means cutting off the beginning of another -- that only happens on Tuesday now. I just wasn't careful enough. And yes, the screen is no longer wonky, thank you.

As to the snarky thing -- I try to be overly cautious not to offend when it isn't my intention, so I usually give my own posts a hostile reading, and if that's too easy to do I try to re-word. It's along the lines of the "avoid even the appearance of evil," I guess, at least in my mind. I actually noticed it a week or so ago (can't remember the precise post), when even in voicing an opinion on something that didn't matter, I had a smattering of "perhaps" and "maybe" and stuff. Considering all the vices/quirks I could have, I don't think that one is too harmful.

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RackhamsRazor
Member # 5254

- posted      Profile for RackhamsRazor   Email RackhamsRazor         Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone go to the new website from the Hanso Foundation. Another fake commercial was shown. Go to www.sublymonal.com. It is very interesting. I won't tell you guys what to do so you can figure it out on your own [Big Grin]
Posts: 306 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RackhamsRazor
Member # 5254

- posted      Profile for RackhamsRazor   Email RackhamsRazor         Edit/Delete Post 
Is anyone able to go to the old website-www.thehansofoundation.org ? I cannot get it to come up. Maybe it is just my computer.
Posts: 306 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
divaesefani
Member # 3763

- posted      Profile for divaesefani   Email divaesefani         Edit/Delete Post 
This is what I found when searching why the site was down http://www.thehansofoundation.org/press/05_05_06.pdf.

There is a hidden link at the bottom, too.

Posts: 161 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
divaesefani
Member # 3763

- posted      Profile for divaesefani   Email divaesefani         Edit/Delete Post 
Nevermind. The homepage works. There is a hidden link from sublymonal that took me there.
Posts: 161 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
I can't get the site to work either. I imagine most of the country is checking it out right now [Smile]
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
Dangit! Libby DIDN'T have a big metallic picnic basket wrapped in the blankets! > [Frown]
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

Note to self: If ever attacked by someone and have one final breath, make sure to tell people exactly what happened very clearly.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
She could at least have squeaked out a "did it."

Sheesh.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I was hoping to come in here and "accidently" read spoilers that I could complain about, and you give me NOTHING!

No christmas cards for you.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andi330
Member # 8572

- posted      Profile for andi330           Edit/Delete Post 
The website cuts off on the sides and the bottom. Is there anyway that I can fix that? It's only happening with the Hanso Corp website.
Posts: 1214 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Neat.

SPOILERS

So, after getting the screens to light up, I got a single screen with the word code: HEIR APPARENT flashing on it.

Anyone know what's up with that?

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Has anyone gotten screen captures of the stuff that flips by in the middle of Eko's dream?
Zan
Member # 4888

- posted      Profile for Zan   Email Zan         Edit/Delete Post 
At the Hanso Foundation site, I'm getting "no new messages" from the newsletter sign-up. After they log off, though, an image of Joop flashes up quickly. Can anyone get a screen capture of that?
Posts: 221 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
Caution: some website spoilers.

Scott-

Use the code on the Hanso foundation website under the executive bios section.

Zan-

Do you get the "no new messages" after the Persephone bit?

Also, has anyone noticed the hidden location on the world map, in the global heath project section? I thought it was the location of the island for a minute, but then I realized that a flight from Sydney to LA would never cross over that location.

<edit>Just followed the hidden link from the .pdf and found a line of numbers. Using ASCII conversion they say: HAS WIN HOST PC IN NIL URGE. 8, not 1 and 6. It seems like a word jumble to me; anyone have any ideas? I've never been very good at scrabble.</edit>

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

AHA!

thehansofoundation.org SPOILERS

After getting the code, go to thehansofoundation.org, and go to executive bios. In Mittlewerk's bio, there's a place to type in something; type in Heir Apparent, (capital H, capital A).

You're rewarded with some freaky flash animation.

Senoj-- yeah, I was typing it all in caps... that's why it wasn't working before.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

I typed it in correctly, and got nothing.
Scott R
Member # 567

I dunno, Lisa-- I just tried it again, and it worked...
Mean Old Frisco
Member # 6666

- posted      Profile for Mean Old Frisco   Email Mean Old Frisco         Edit/Delete Post 
I tyried it yesterday, and it didn't do anything. Today I got the flash movie. I think it's kinda wonky 'cause of all the traffic to the site.
Posts: 270 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

According to the RSS, they haven't updated in several days now.

My mistake, looks like Hugh McIntyre has some choice words to say about "Bad Twin" on the website.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by starLisa:
Has anyone gotten screen captures of the stuff that flips by in the middle of Eko's dream?

Just clips from past episodes: a blind folded jin, the plane taking off, his brother, him and Charlie finding the plane, the cross, a teddy bear and guys driving with guns in the air from his past episode.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
If the survivors trust Michael's version of the Others' camp in spite of the ability of Kate and Claire to attest to their sophistication, we're going to be very, very disappointed.

Anyone else tired of Michael's "flying off the handle when the plot calls for it" style of character motivation?

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

I'm very excited by the teasers I've seen for this week's episode.

*SEMI SPOILER*

Sayid tells at least one person that he doesn't trust Michael, and he believes that he would do anything to get Walt back, including betray them to the others.

I've always thought Sayid (sp?) should take charge of the island. He seems the most rational and least annoying of all the characters to me. Mr. Eco is also good, but a little more dangerously unhinged at times.

Lisa
Member # 8384

They try and play it as though only Jack and Locke are alpha on the island, but I think Sayid is as well. He's always been one of my favorite characters (he and Locke). It's a shame they've neglected him so much since Shannon bought it.
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
I see Sayid as a reluctant leader. He'll lead if he has to and sees no other choice, but he would rather not.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

If you go to the executive's page on the website, and click on Alvar Hanso's picture, then look at the phot of him, you'll see that the date is hyperlinked. Click on the link for more Flash weirdness.
Lisa
Member # 8384

Um... October 28, 2003? It's not hyperlinked. You must have done something to turn that into a hyperlink.
Scott R
Member # 567

Nope. I get a hyperlink to the date, and then more bizarreness from Persephone.

[Smile]

You seem to be having lots of problems with the Hanso site, sL.

You can see the screenshots by going here and scrolling down to the Tuesday, May 9 entry.

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't get a hyperlink, either. Neither do I get a "connect-the-dots" game with Joop.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.