FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Conquer the Galaxy with me! (strategy game) (Page 4)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Conquer the Galaxy with me! (strategy game)
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
No, it's not that, points are determined by how many resources you have had. I think it's for every 1,000 resources you produce, you get a point.
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
When I upgrade a mine my resouce thing keeps the same amount of engery used by dropping the production of the upgraded mine, does anybody elses do that?
Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

Yes, by dropping the production, you're reducing how much power is needed to do it. I find this helpful if I'm in a huge need of some resource but don't want to upgrade my Solar Plant yet. So what I do is I build my upgraded mine/synthesizer and then I just lessen the production of my other things to accomodate for the new power needs. It can be helpful.
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
I know but when I upgrade the mine instead of keeping it at whatever % I had it at it drops it automaticly down to whatever % will keep the same usage. I just find it a minor annoyance.

EDIT:
Hey Vadon, what rank is your alliance?

Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
MEC, thanks! [Smile]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
Did I do something?
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

For accepting my application. [Smile]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

oh, I did that so long ago, I thought it was about something else.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

What does the "T" next to some of the planets mean? I saw two in MEC's galaxy.

EDIT: WARNING it uses 10 deut. to look at "galaxy"

MEC
Member # 2968

If you leave the mouse over the T it will tell you how much debris is around that planet.
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

Oh.

Dude planet 4 in MEC's galaxy has 4500 crstal in its debris field. For me, thats alot of crystal but for others not so much. To bad you have to get so far to get a recycler.

MEC
Member # 2968

I imagine it's from destroyed satillites, they cost 2k crystal, and some deut.
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

Satillites just don't seem to be that good until you get to where your running low on build slots.
MEC
Member # 2968

depends on how close you are to your sun, also if you have no sefense they are prime targets for attacks.
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

I guess if you one or two in you galaxy, it would help a good amount.

I also want to point out that the colder your planet the more Duet. you mine.

Liaison
Member # 6873

- posted      Profile for Liaison   Email Liaison         Edit/Delete Post 
Just saw this thread for the first time. I applied...
Name: Liaison
Planet: Tam
Edit: Bahleted coordinates.

[ May 31, 2005, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: Liaison ]

Posts: 81 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

Are you sure, I can't find you on the list.
Vadon
Member # 4561

Apparantly the UIPC is not ranked, we have 0 points... odd.
Liaison
Member # 6873

- posted      Profile for Liaison   Email Liaison         Edit/Delete Post 
Quite sure...I'm on it right now.
Posts: 81 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

Ok, found your application.
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
[Deleted for the security of the alliance!]

-Bok

[ May 31, 2005, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: Bokonon ]

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

Ok, I'm not sure what I should do, I need to upgrade my Duet synth to lvl 4 but if I upgrade my crystal to lvl 7, I would be able to upgrade my synth after an hour. Any advice?
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
I must have surpassed my neighbors. The first time I looked at my solar system everyone's name was white and there was one orange "strong player" in the system. Now when I look everyone is green "weak player" but that one guy is white. It doesn't specifically say what white names mean, but I'd assume it's roughly even to your own strength.

Hmmm...

Maybe it's time for the crushing? I do so enjoy the crushing.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

I have two orange players in my galaxy and two green players and 2 white. I just love the fact that one of the orange players is right next to me and has a debris field around his planet.
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
I looked at our alliance and there are 8 Hatrackers currently online (in the game).
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

So, while I'm waiting for my solar plant to upgrade (12 more minutes), I've got the Wheel of Monotony going (Neopets) and I'm playing Kingdom of Loathing. How's that for multitasking?
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

I let Bok in.
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
My solar system is getting a tad crowded, by my standards.

Solar system 3:103
Planet [Alliance] Planet Name (Player Name)
4 [ANO] Omikron Persei VIII ( Shaka )
5 Festivo ( Tstorm )
6 [POTDC] Dirt ( Meerka)
8 [TCONV] Shadows Nest ( Shadows Tears )
9 Argento ( ElFila )
10 [Poland W] Colgate ( Gilette )
11 Numb ( AN147(g) )

I hope their allies are too far away to help. I just read a few of their Alliance Info pages... [Angst]

Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

At least none of them are in Rancor. They recently declared war on all other alliances. There's only 4 people in the alliance, but 2 of them are in the top 5 players.
Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

I have 7 people in my galaxy.
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

I had to check for Ranc0r in my galaxy but the only other alliance is KOEI.
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
EDIT: WARNING it uses 10 deut. to look at "galaxy"
Argh! That's where they all went!

[Mad]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

Solar system 2:82
Planet Name Action
4 T [PCLab.pl] Atlantyda ( Nebulari )
5 [Kryptons] Zezima ( Star Destroyer )
6 [hatrack] Ragol ( MEC )
8 Utopia ( cOnFuZED )
9 Hoth ( Modoc )
10 T [HoCG] Der Dreezin' ( Breezy Dreezy ) 19 min
12 [HOODlems] Prague ( Planetman3 )
( 7 Planets inhabited )

Bokonon
Member # 480

Okay, at 26-66(deg)C, I assume I'm in good shape for solar satellites, but not good for duet. Should I bould jus enough deut to raid/colonize a colder planet?

Oh, and I put in my Project Rockstar turn (daily turn based game).

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

Howdo I see my solar system?

-Bok

MEC
Member # 2968

click on the galaxy tab.

WARNING: it will cost ten deut.

CaySedai
Member # 6459

(my galaxy information was removed to prevent this information from falling into the wrong hands. [Wink] )

[ May 31, 2005, 07:29 AM: Message edited by: CaySedai ]

Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

You can't if you don't have 10 Deut.

No, you should be fine to mine Deut. infact you are 4 degees warmer then me. Besides it just helps it, I don't think lowers it once you out of the 13-15 area but I could be wrong.

Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

Heh, love that Ranc0r can't attack us.
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

Idea! We should totally cross-colonize each others solar systems.

My earlier thoughts were that when I got a colony ship I'd just colonize another in my own solar system, for ease of transporting minerals and such. But if we instead colonize the empty spots in each other's systems we'll look like more imposing targets, and have alliance backups in case one of us gets attacked.

Okay, so that's a while off yet, but just a thought.

--Enigmatic

Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

I agree totally,I had always planned to coolnize other solar systems so this works great for me.
Tstorm
Member # 1871

<puts cart in front of horse>

Should I be concerned about getting a couple of other planets colonized in this system before my competitors do? I'm thinking here, about general strategy. Should I race to colonize or build up infrastructure and production of metal, crystal, deuterium, and research? Keeping in mind, of course, I have some serious-looking contenders in my system.

Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

I wouldn't, I don't think that colonizing you system is a big thing, at least not right off the bat (or ever, its a big universe, I wouldn't waste one of your 8 colonys in you system).

First, I would build up your mines, keeping you solar plant, maybe two ahead of everything else.

Metal is important, get at least 4 or 5.

Crystal is gonna by a toughy at first, but once you get going it gets easier (just cause your making more resouces faster not that the price goes down) 5 or 6 should be ok.

Deuterium is a big energy hog. I have a level 4 synth and it takes almost as much power as my level 7 crystal mine and I'm only getting 67 deuterium and hour! I would aim for atleast level 3 but higher will help once you get to researching and ship building.

If you have tough neighbors then make sure you never have a stockpile of resouces that is large while your offline, use it on something, almost anything will do (not storage! you don't need that yet) because you run the risk of them probeing you and then raiding you (unless they are all above 5k in points but you still can be attacked by raiders from another system).

Well thats all I can think of for now.

EDIT: I hope its ok but I accepted Tstorm.

Tstorm
Member # 1871

Well, I'm having the game jitters that are caused by not knowing exactly what my neighbors are doing. They're all green, like me, but I know they're gunning for the same thing I am.

Current stats:
Metal: 5
Crystal: 4
Energy: 7
Deuterium: 4

Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

Are we limiting membership to just Jatraqueros? The top ranked alliance has 94 members so I think it is good to make your alliance as big as possible.

If there are any drawbacks to having a big alliance, please let me know, thanks. [Smile]

MEC
Member # 2968

I made the newest three members jatraqueros in status.
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
4 A Destroyed planet
5 [CH4] gargon 183 ( Moncrief )
6 [hatrack] Ariel ( sarcasticmuppet )
7 Altorf ( TRISTAN )
9 Mary Jane ( Tank )
10 Leviatan ( zezar )
11 DIABLO666 ( Kara_dul ) *
12 AH700 ( AH800 )
( 8 Planets inhabited )

I wonder how your planet gets destroyed... [Angst]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

Death stars?
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

Hmmm... just read the game's forum and it looks like the strategy is:

1. Hide all your resources on your fleet and send them on long voyages because ships cannot be attacked while in transit.

2. Raid other players unfamiliar with rule 1.

3. Keep building and hording until you get a moon and a stargate which would allow instant, faster-than-light travel. After that, Hatrack will rule the universe (5)! [Cool]

MEC
Member # 2968

I added an intro thread for our alliance on their boards.
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.