FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Conquer the Galaxy with me! (strategy game) (Page 9)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Conquer the Galaxy with me! (strategy game)
theresa51282
Member # 8037

- posted      Profile for theresa51282   Email theresa51282         Edit/Delete Post 
I had the same problem with the code but I found it worked with my caplocks on. That might work for you

Theresa

Posts: 416 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theresa51282
Member # 8037

- posted      Profile for theresa51282   Email theresa51282         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't get my login to work. It says I have an invalid, incorrect, or inactive username or password. I guesses what my problem might be?
Posts: 416 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
So, how do you change the avatar name thing on people?
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry guys, I will turn off the visual confirmation thing. Let me know if there are future problems.

Theresa, for some reason my records show that you registered as theresa512892. There's an extra 9 in your login name. Have you tried loggin in with theresa512892?

MEC, the avatar name thing is a general admin command. I share the forum with other people so I can't really elevate anyone to admin level; but I'm happy to change your title for you. [Smile]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
the member title? I believe the admin take care of that. I don't think I have the power as a humble moderator.

edit: uh, what beren said. [Smile]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theresa51282
Member # 8037

Nope must have been a typo. Thanks for the help. That fixed the problem. Is there anyway you could take out the nine. That could drive me crazy.

Theresa

Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

Sure thing theresa. Try it now. [Smile]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm applying for the other forum now...username Tstorm
Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
I will gladly take the title of Hegemon [Big Grin] though I'll gladly take it as head of state rather then government [Smile]
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

Ok, I was just wondering if I could do it.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

Oh, and I made our clan logo the same as the hatrack logo.
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

Tstorm you're good to go. [Smile]

MEC, have you checked your ingame messages? [Wink]

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Something that we should do (on the protected forum, probably) is put together a spreadsheet that shows what other alliances have a presence in the star systems where we have worlds, and what worlds they control. That could help us quite a bit in determining who is actually a threat, and so forth. As our probes increase in sophistication, we can include the information they glean in the spreadsheet. Building and maintaining that spreadsheet is going to be a fair amount of work, but it'll be worth it I think.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

I was waiting for someone else to admit they made a spreadsheet for keeping track of details in this game. [Smile]

I'm such a geek. I made a spreadsheet to calculate production; it details forecasted resources out to 2, 3, 6, 12, and 24 hours. Now I just have to collect all the useless tech info and production requirements for things into one simple spreadsheet.

Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

I haven't actually *made* a spreadsheet, I just see the value in someone doing so. Can I still be a geek if I don't actually make a spreadsheet?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

Oh, sure. It's actually quite useful. I input my current production and it calculates everything out. That way, I have a timetable for building improvements. I could share it if you're interested. (Excel 2000)
Peter
Member # 4373

- posted      Profile for Peter   Email Peter         Edit/Delete Post 
Adfectio
Masica
3:460:6

Posts: 283 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Yeah, I'd love a copy! My email address is noemon at sakeriver dot com.
Tstorm
Member # 1871

It's enroute. I didn't modify it, so be sure to input your own production and stockpile information.

My current forecast is to have Energy Level 3 sometime tonight, and I'll get a Fusion Plant built.

Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Peter, don't post your location (the numbers) here on Hatrack, anyone could see them..
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I tried to get to the forum, but it won't let me in, it says I have an invalid user name or password.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

Kwea, I sent you a new password to your hatrack mail. Give it a shot. If it doesn't work, email me and I'll set up a new account for you. [Smile]

Edited to add: It should work, I tried logging in as you. [Smile]

[ May 31, 2005, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: Beren One Hand ]

Noemon
Member # 1115

Thanks T! When I get home tonight I'll plug in my data.

I've been looking to the fusion reactors to solve my energy needs also, but according to people on the message boards on the game site itself they aren't all that great, primarily because they burn deuterium. Doesn't seem like a bad tradeoff from my perspective, but maybe I'll feel differently when I'm further into the game. Let us know how they work for you.

Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
To me its a bad tradeoff but for now its good because it should cost less to upgrade them rather then my solar plant but I will be upgrade my solar plant since it doesn't use resouces.
Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Planet Salvo
In-game name TheTick

Application en route. [Smile]

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

How much deuterium does it use at the varying levels, Vasslia?
Tstorm
Member # 1871

Level Prod/Hr Deuterium consumption
1 55 -13
2 121 -28
3 199 -46
4 292 -68
5 402 -93
6 531 -123
7 682 -157
8 857 -198
9 1061 -245
10 1296 -299
11 1569 -361
12 1883 -434
13 2243 -517
14 2658 -612
15 3132 -721

Edit: Stupid variable-width fonts.... [Mad]

Noemon
Member # 1115

If it's burning through that much deuterium each hour I could see that devouring reserves pretty quickly.

Maybe now we're seeing why they have an option to scale back and or remove infrastructure improvements?

Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
Well actually the deut gets more then enough energy from the fusion plant for the next level.
Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
Can we let this thread die and move all posts about this to the other forum? So we don't have to checking back here for tips and alliance stuff? I think it'd be easier.
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

Yeah, I think that would be best.
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Beren One Hand:
Stryker, did you spell your name differently in the game on purpose? [Smile]

No... but by the time i caught it, it was too late to fix it.
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

Can we let the thread die?

I dunno, it was inflating my post count quite nicely. [Smile] Yeah, I'll be at the other forum for the game.

Noemon
Member # 1115

I agree that it's probably wise, but it'll cut down my participation quite a bit, since I can't get to the other forum from work. Not that that should be a concern for anybody, I'm just sayin'.
Tstorm
Member # 1871

Ok, I think I'll keep all the important information, including names, numbers, locations, and plans, on the other forum. I'll probably continue to post here because some Jatraqueros might be interested.

For what it's worth, I'm jealous that you have employers who allow you to surf at work. Misuse of company time. [No No] [Wink] I find work is the best time to build up the resources. I can spend everything in about half an hour, it seems.

Noemon
Member # 1115

Yeah, I'm looking forward to going home and burning through the huge pile of resources I've accumulated over the day. I actually logged on this morning and spent half of the metal I'd aquired over night. Bought a missile launcher. I figured that on the off chance that somebody decided to raid me and get those resources before I could get to them it would be a good idea to be armed. Of coure, I recognize that what seems like a huge pile of resources to me now probably seems like an hour's worth of production to empires that are actually established, but still.
DarkWizard
Member # 6186

- posted      Profile for DarkWizard   Email DarkWizard         Edit/Delete Post 
I sent in an application to join
Posts: 42 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

I'm hopeing to have small laser to protect my resouces soon.

Yeah, just keeping you company, Noemon.

Tstorm
Member # 1871

I've been reading the forums for the game, and the majority of opinions tend to indicate that turtling (building lots of defenses) is not an effective strategy against determined opponents. Everyone needs basic defense, of course. I'm just wondering if it wouldn't be fun to try turtling.

I haven't even achieved a shipyard yet, so these thoughts are premature.

Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

It is nice to keep this thread semi active so other Jatraqueros can find the game.

Speaking of which, you're in Dwiz. [Smile]

Noemon
Member # 1115

Okay, I've created an account on the other forum. If one of the mods could add me to the super secret exclusive forum now I'd appreciate it.
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I will not be registering on the other forum. (Nothing personal Beren, but no can do.) So if there's something I need to know to be a good alliance member, someone will have to tell me.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

You're in Noemon. [Smile]

None taken dkw. [Wink]

So far nothing major has happened. Just a lot of ideas floating around, like which members to accept, what our logo should be, that kind of stuff.

Noemon
Member # 1115

Thanks Beren!
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
speaking of logos, I just made a banner but I can't host it on photobucket because it's a photoshop image. Can I email it to someone with webspace?
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

sure, email it to me at bruinlawyer2002 at yahoo.com

Edit edit: my typed my email address incorrectly, please check again. [Wink]

Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, these are what my two planets look like.

Zegoria:
http://80.237.203.201/download/use/epicblue/planeten/normaltempplanet05.jpg

Firinex:
http://80.237.203.201/download/use/epicblue/planeten/eisplanet07.jpg
(Firinex looks spiffy... Heh, they didn't translate the image name.)

What do yours look like?

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkWizard
Member # 6186

- posted      Profile for DarkWizard   Email DarkWizard         Edit/Delete Post 
If one of the mods at the other forum could add me.

Username: Dwiz

Posts: 42 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King's Man
Member # 8147

- posted      Profile for King's Man   Email King's Man         Edit/Delete Post 
Um..., how does one get onto this alliance forum? Please help me.
Posts: 36 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Beren, can you add me to the forum?
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.