FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Conquer the Galaxy with me! (strategy game) (Page 7)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Conquer the Galaxy with me! (strategy game)
Inspired
Member # 8130

- posted      Profile for Inspired   Email Inspired         Edit/Delete Post 
Where can you build the shipyard?
Posts: 34 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
quote:
Does anybody know what vaction mode does?
It puts you in a protective mode, so that no one can raid your worlds while you're away. It also suspends production though. Vacation mode lasts a minimum of 48 hours.
I thought as much but I couldn't find where it said what it did anywhere.
Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
Once you have level 2 robots you can build a shipyard.
Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Is there any circumstance under which it would be a good idea to change your solar plant's production to anything less than 100%?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inspired
Member # 8130

No
Posts: 34 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Yeah, I didn't think so. Wonder why it's an option?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
Same goes for downgrading your mines and plant, especially since it actually costs you resources to do it.
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay. So I finally got on the ball and joined.

Planet: Moscova
Name: Boris Markovich

Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Well, juggling production percentages on your mines and deuterium synthesizers can actually be pretty handy. For example, right now I've got more crystal than I have an immediate need for, but I'm low on metal production. I had enough resources to upgrade my metal mine, but my energy output was all being used by existing mines and synthesizers. I upgraded my mine anyway, and lowered the percentage of energy going to the crystal mines to accomodate the additional energy the newly upgraded metal mine needed to draw to operate at full efficiency. Now I'm accumulating metal more quickly, and will be able to afford my solar plant upgrade more quickly than I otherwise would have been able to.
Inspired
Member # 8130

I see your veiw on this, but what I think Noemon meant was to lower your percentage of usage on your power plant. It is usefull to be able to change the percentages on everything else, but thats just not neccesary.
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

Noemon, thats exactly what I'm about to do just as soon as I get enough metal.
GaalD
Member # 6222

I think you misunderstood, Noemon. Click on Metal mine and at the bottom of the page, it says deconstruct metal mine to level whatever. Then says costs, say, 200 metal and 200 crystal to do so. I think it means that you delevel your mine one level lower than it is, for a cost. That's what I meant. I change my percentages all the time, too.
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

Well, this will be the first time I change my percentages, so far I have keep my solar plant high enough for everything.
Noemon
Member # 1115

Oh, I see what you were saying Jamie. Yeah, I misunderstood you completely.
Inspired
Member # 8130

Yes, So far my solar plant is good enough for everything, plus 4 electricity! I deserve cookie for that alone. If I spend metal to increase my metal mine, but I lose most of my metal in the procces, is it still worth it?
GaalD
Member # 6222

Ya, you definitely should, Inspired. You got to lose if you want to gain in the long run. If that makes any sense.
Inspired
Member # 8130

Yes, but I'm looking for a fast way to get enough metal for the robots so I can get a ship thingy. Yeah.
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
Ummm when it tells you the production of your mines, is that like per hour, or what unit of time do they use?
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

To Inspired: Click on metal mine and look at the production per hour of the level your at and the next level. Crunch the numbers and figure out which way you'll get what you want faster. Also, if you're looking to build robots for a shipyard and then after you get a shipyard you need ships, that could take alot of metal. I suggest you level up.
To JT: It should say hours there.

Inspired
Member # 8130

Well, leveling about doubled my production when I cut most of crystal, which I have an abundance of. This will allow me to do so much faster.
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by sarcasticmuppet:
I think the Alliance page would benefit greatly from a message board. >.<

I think that's a good idea. When this thread exceeds 10 pages it will be a pain to look through all the information to find hints, questions, requests to join, etc.

Should we move this game to its own forum? Just for fun I created a new test forum here.

* We can have separate threads and the search function works pretty well.
* We can make the forum private, so other people can't spy on us or flame hatrack.
* We can have polls for voting on alliance policy.
* I can probably host a couple of html pages too, if anyone wants to create an intro page.

Yes, I am really bored waiting for my resources to build up! [Razz]

[ May 31, 2005, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: Beren One Hand ]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
And thus the Vadonic empire begins its expansion.

I now have a colony ship heading to colonize 2:164:15.

Hey, what should I name the planet?

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Vadon II

Everything of the same name, like the Trump Empire.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm all my planets shall be named: rock, rock 2, rock 3....

I'm also bored Beren...

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

What are some names in the Enderverse?

Trondheim, Path, Lusitania.... hmmm, that's it for my poor memory. [Frown]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

Vadon, I thought you were going to send the colony ship to my solar system 2:455, oh well.

Eros, was one of them.

[ May 30, 2005, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: Vasslia Cora ]

Vadon
Member # 4561

Well, my first planet's name is Zegoria... I could go with Firinex.
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

Sounds good to me.
theresa51282
Member # 8037

- posted      Profile for theresa51282   Email theresa51282         Edit/Delete Post 
I've already got a Lusitania... Trondheim was my thought for my colony planet but I am still a long ways off so I lay no claim to it. Moctezuma was another planet mentioned in SFTD I believe.
Posts: 416 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

My stats:
Metal: 7
Crystal: 7
Deuterium: 5
Solar: 9
Robot factory 2
Research Lab 2
Shipyard 2

Technology researched:
Combustion Engine (Level 2 )
Energy Technology (Level 1 )

Weapons developed: 0

Ships built: 0

Missle launcher: 1

I can build:
Small Cargo
Light Fighter
Solar Satellite
Missile Launcher

I am about to research Armour Technology (levle 1) in about 30 minutes cause it only uses metal and everything else uses crystal and deuterium. The crystal I have but the deuterium I don't have.

Any advice?

Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
I keep drooling over the technology research side, but so far I've only done Combustion Level 1 and Energy Level 1. I know I need Energy Level 3 to build Fusion Plants, and I need the energy desperately. However, before I go crazy on that, I need the metal and crystal (and yikes! deuterium)...so every time I look at some cool piece of technology, I wind up going to build infrastructure again. Balance, in all things. [Smile]
Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I *really* need to upgrade to fusion power before I can really get started with the fleet building. My level 10 solar plant just can't keep up anymore. I was hoping to have my energy research done by the time I went to bed, but it's not gonna happen. *sigh* all well, there's always fresh resources to look forward to when I wake up tomorrow...

edit: Beren's forum is quite nice. [Smile]

[ May 31, 2005, 12:46 AM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
No kidding. I'm away from my computer for 6-18 hours at a stretch sometimes, and I come back to what seems a mountain of resources...quickly burned through in about 10-45 minutes.

My Solar Plant is at level 9, and even that won't support a Metal Mine of 7, Crystal Mine of 5, and Deuterium at 6.

My goal is sometime tomorrow to have the Fusion Plant up and running.

Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if doing energy research makes the solar plants any more efficient. That would make a huge difference over the next day or so.

*later* nope, doesn't look like it does. Oh well.

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I have upgraded Beren, so that she can administrate the clan.

now, who on the list of newbies is not a real jatraquero?

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I just applied to the alliance...

Kwea

Planet name: Hatrack [deleted in the name of planatary security]

[ May 31, 2005, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't play for some reason - I go to the start page, choose my universe and click login (after my nick and password appear in the boxes) - and get a completely blank screen. If I refresh, it goes back to the start page. [Mad]
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

You guys are doing a great job with the admin stuff, I'm happy with just being a jatraquero. [Smile]

Let me know if any of you guys want to be forum admins.

MEC
Member # 2968

Well, i'm leaving in two days, and you were one of the first members, and you seem to be doing pretty well, and you gave our clan it's own board space, so I decided to make you an admin.

as for the forum, I can't seem to get the confirmation code thing to work.

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

Never mind, it finally worked.
CaySedai
Member # 6459

I got in - in a different tab (Firefox). I wonder why I couldn't do anything in the first tab? [Dont Know]
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

I dunno.
Vadon
Member # 4561

Heh, I have to start from scratch again on my new planet Firinex... sweet!
MEC
Member # 2968

Does anyone know if there is a way to cancel ships being built?
CaySedai
Member # 6459

MEC: nope, I couldn't figure it out.
MEC
Member # 2968

oh well.
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

I made the following people forum moderators, in case you guys need to edit something while I'm gone: Wowbagger, Teshi, JT_Stryker, Vasslia Cora, Jaime, sarcasticmuppet, MEC.

MEC & Enigmatic, good job separating the Jatraqueros from the other players. [Smile]

Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

Cool, as a note, I might not be on between June 2 through June 11. I don't know if I will have internet access or not but if I do I will try and get on and if I don't well, I won't.
theresa51282
Member # 8037

- posted      Profile for theresa51282   Email theresa51282         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know about how much power I can expect from a solar satellite? Is it worth building instead of a level 11 power plant? If it matters I am on the tenth planet from the sun
Posts: 416 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

I think the farther away from the sun, the less effective the solar satellite will be. Additionally, people have said that it attracts raiders, so you probably want to make sure your defense is good first.
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.