FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The movie quote game (Page 40)

This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  ...  48  49  50   
Author Topic: The movie quote game
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
5) The Royal Tennenbaums

edit: Thanks for the assist, Emp. [Evil]

[ April 26, 2008, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: Morbo ]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
More Hints (with quote repeats, so you don't hav to go back a page):

2) We had the chance but we were scared. We walked away. WE LIVED OUR LIVES IN FEAR!
[This is an Australian movie]

3) Marriage license, did you say marriage license? Oh I love you Adam, Alex, Peter, Brian, whatever your name is.
[ Adam, Alex, Peter, Brian was played by Archie Leach (better known as...)]

6) Thank you for every kindness. Thank you for our children. For the first time I saw them. Thank you for being someone I was always proud to be with. For your guts, for your sweetness. For how you always looked, for how I always wanted to touch you. You were my life. I apologize for everytime I ever failed you. Especially this one...
[I think Dante was one of the screenwriters]

10) My characters shall have, after a little trouble, all that they desire.
[I can't think of a more recently over-exposed 19th century writer than the subject of this movie.]

12) I'm still here, Chief
["Chief" is played by Jim Cavieziel]

14) If only I could go down that river. To love her in the wild, forget the name of Smith. I should tell her. Tell her what? It was just a dream. I am now awake.
[This was a beautiful movie; not much of a plot, though. I prefer the Disney version of the story.]

17) - Are you in love with her?
- No... I'm in love with you. And I'm in love with your beautiful woman. And I'm in love with your kids. And I'm even in love with your unborn child. I'm even in love with your anger! I'm in love with anything that lives!
[Imagine the response given in strong French-African accents]

20) The question is not whether I've treated you rudely but whether you've ever heard me treat anyone else better.
[This is a classic musical]

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
3) Charade!!! I LOVE THAT MOVIE!

12) Frequency?

14) Pocahontas?

20) MY FAIR LADY! Aaaah! We are just in Audrey fest today, I love it!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
6) What Dreams May Come
14) New World

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
That's more like it; three left.

<edit>Now with new hints</edit>
2) We had the chance but we were scared. We walked away. WE LIVED OUR LIVES IN FEAR!
[Before Dancing with the Stars, there was...]

10) My characters shall have, after a little trouble, all that they desire.
[Has anyone been watching Masterpiece Theater this month? They've got movie versions of all her novels]

17) - Are you in love with her?
- No... I'm in love with you. And I'm in love with your beautiful woman. And I'm in love with your kids. And I'm even in love with your unborn child. I'm even in love with your anger! I'm in love with anything that lives!
[I don't know if anyone else has seen this; it's independent, but I thought it was quite popular. Story of a poor Irish family imigrating to New York, dealing with loss of a child. Told from the sister's perspective.]

Current scores:
Morbo - 3
Raia - 3
Carrie - 2
Lyrhawn - 2
EmpSquared - 2
Leonide - 2
Goody - 1
Eduardo - 1
BB - 1

[ April 26, 2008, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: SenojRetep ]

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Why is I never notice this thread until it's too late?
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
10. Some Jane Austen movie. Is it that uhh Becoming Jane thing?
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

2) Strictly Ballroom
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
17. In America?
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

Bing, bing and bing.

Morbo takes the game with a score of 4.

Morbo
Member # 5309

Well, cool. [Cool] Good list, Peter.

Unfortunately, I'm in the middle of moving and don't have time to make a game. Last time it took me hours over several days.

In 10 days or 2 weeks I can do it. If Raia or anyone else can do a game, they are welcome to.

Raia
Member # 4700

Oh goodness... I always forget that when I post answers, I'm running the risk of having to post a list. [Razz]

I can't do it today... I have about 13798217398 projects to get done before 7:30 (when I have a performance). I might be able to do one later this week, but if someone else wants to, go ahead!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
What the heck, why not, I'll do one. Same rules, three guesses per hour.

1) - Your overconfidence is your weakness.
- Your faith in your friends is yours.

2) - You're named after the dog?
- I've got a lot of fond memories of that dog.

3) Winston! Peddle faster!

4) Fifteen guys, with chains, and dogs, you should see what they look like.

5) You know, you Irish cops are perking up. That's two sound theories in one day, neither of which deal with abnormally sized men. Kind of makes me feel like Riverdancing.

6) - What is it with you and Indians anyway?
- Oh, nothing. I try and shoot one a day, if possible, before noon. How 'bout you, Coop? I figure it's their fault for being on our land before we got here.

7) Just a little bit louder, because this song is intended for humans, okay? - Raia - Music and Lyrics

8) - Why is J. Edgar Hoover on your phone?
- I don't know, he's on everyone elses, why shouldn't he be on mine?

9) - They just blew up the president's car.
- That was the president's car? Did they get him?
- That's the bad news: no, they didn't.

10) This is my corn. You people are guests in my corn.

Half now, half later.

Raia - 1

[ April 27, 2008, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: Lyrhawn ]

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

7) Music and Lyrics! I love that movie.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Other half:

11) Ah! He bit me with his butt

12) - Molly, you're in danger.
- You can't just blurt it out like that! And quit moving around, because you're starting to make me dizzy. I'll just tell her in my own way.
*pause*
- Molly, you in danger girl.

13) And I am *not* intoxicated... yet!

14) Oh, I know. I'll turn him into a flea, a harmless, little flea, and then I'll put that flea in a box, and then I'll put that box inside of another box, and then I'll mail that box to myself, and when it arrives...I'll smash it with a hammer!

15) Before you could say 'gypsy scum' we were knee-deep in dog muck, thieving kids and crusty jugglers.

16) Put some Windex on it.

17) But tonight, he's pitching against time, he's pitching against the future, against age, against ending. Tonight, he will make the fateful walk to the loneliest spot in the world, the pitching mound at Yankee Stadium, to push the sun back into the sky and give us one more day of summer.

18) Peace isn't merely the absence of conflict, but the presence of justice.

19) - Damn it, I'm an American! What makes us different from German-Americans or Italian-Americans?
- Pearl Harbor... I guess.

20) No hat, no stick, no pipe, not even a pocket handkerchief. How can one survive?

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

14) The Sword in the Stone

16) My Big Fat Greek Wedding

Raia
Member # 4700

No, wait, Emperor's New Groove, not Sword in the Stone...
Itsame
Member # 9712

1. Star Wars, of course.
2. Last Crusade
3. The Mummy

I know nearly every one on this list... and own most of them.

Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Shani -

Yep and nope, and yep. For shame. You totally should have gotten that on the first guess.

Jon -

Yep yep yep

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Reposted to group them (I suppose I could have just edited the first one but eh, don't feel like it).

1) - Your overconfidence is your weakness.
- Your faith in your friends is yours. - JonHecht - Star Wars IV

2) - You're named after the dog?
- I've got a lot of fond memories of that dog. - JonHecht - IJ & The Last Crusade

3) Winston! Peddle faster! - Jon Hecht - The Mummy

4) Fifteen guys, with chains, and dogs, you should see what they look like. - Undercover Blues - Raia

5) You know, you Irish cops are perking up. That's two sound theories in one day, neither of which deal with abnormally sized men. Kind of makes me feel like Riverdancing. - Boondock Saints - Blackblade

6) - What is it with you and Indians anyway?
- Oh, nothing. I try and shoot one a day, if possible, before noon. How 'bout you, Coop? I figure it's their fault for being on our land before we got here. - Maverick - Blackblade

7) Just a little bit louder, because this song is intended for humans, okay? - Raia - Music and Lyrics

8) - Why is J. Edgar Hoover on your phone?
- I don't know, he's on everyone elses, why shouldn't he be on mine? - Clue - SenojRetep

9) - They just blew up the president's car.
- That was the president's car? Did they get him?
- That's the bad news: no, they didn't. - Congo - Nighthawk

10) This is my corn. You people are guests in my corn. - Field of Dreams - SenojRetep

11) Ah! He bit me with his butt - Homeward Bound - BlackBlade

12) - Molly, you're in danger.
- You can't just blurt it out like that! And quit moving around, because you're starting to make me dizzy. I'll just tell her in my own way.
*pause*
- Molly, you in danger girl. - Ghost - SenojRetep

13) And I am *not* intoxicated... yet! - McLintock! - Javert

14) Oh, I know. I'll turn him into a flea, a harmless, little flea, and then I'll put that flea in a box, and then I'll put that box inside of another box, and then I'll mail that box to myself, and when it arrives...I'll smash it with a hammer! - Emperor's New Groove - Raia

15) Before you could say 'gypsy scum' we were knee-deep in dog muck, thieving kids and crusty jugglers. - Hot Fuzz - Carrie

16) Put some Windex on it. - My Big Fat Greek Wedding - Raia

17) But tonight, he's pitching against time, he's pitching against the future, against age, against ending. Tonight, he will make the fateful walk to the loneliest spot in the world, the pitching mound at Yankee Stadium, to push the sun back into the sky and give us one more day of summer. - For the Love of the Game - Morbo

18) Peace isn't merely the absence of conflict, but the presence of justice. - Air Force One - EmpSquared

19) - Damn it, I'm an American! What makes us different from German-Americans or Italian-Americans?
- Pearl Harbor... I guess. - Midway - Nightghawk

20) No hat, no stick, no pipe, not even a pocket handkerchief. How can one survive? - The Hobbit (the awesome Rankin-Bass version from the 80's) - Alcon

Raia - 4
JonHecht - 3
Blackblade - 3
SenojRetep - 3
Nighthawk - 2
Javert - 1
Morbo - 1
Carrie - 1
EmpSquared - 1
Alcon - 1

[ April 30, 2008, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: Lyrhawn ]

EmpSquared
Member # 10890

- posted      Profile for EmpSquared           Edit/Delete Post 
15) Snatch?

17) The Sandlot

Posts: 368 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
5) Boondock Saints?

6) Maverick

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
20) That's gotta be from The Hobbit. The crappy old animated version maybe?

17) That ain't the Sandlot (unless there's another version than the one I watched). The Natural maybe?

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Emp -

no and no

blackblade -

yes and yes

Alcon -

Yes, and that version rocked, you shush! And no on The Natural.

Morbo
Member # 5309

17) For love of the game
Not positive of the title--Kevin Costner is an aging pitcher.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Close enough.
Alcon
Member # 6645

Hehe, I haven't even seen it Lyrhawn. I just am such a huge Tolkien geek that I'd recognize a piece of Tolkien's work just about anywhere I saw it [Wink]
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Alright you're forgiven then. I loved that one and the ROTK cartoon since I was a little kid. I love the way they took the songs from the book and put them in the movie, I love John Huston as Gandalf, I love that they took so many lines directly from the book and put them in the movie, and I loved that they followed the books, plotwise, closely, for what they included.

They aren't perfect, I mean it's 80's animation, so it ain't stellar, but it's Tolkien [Smile]

Itsame
Member # 9712

For the record, I know 11 of them, I just don't feel like making a list.
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
15. Hot Fuzz!
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Carrie -

Yep.

SenojRetep
Member # 8614

8 - Clue
10 - Field of Dreams
12 - Ghost

Alcon
Member # 6645

Is 11 from Evolution per chance?
Raia
Member # 4700

8) Clue...

(edit: Damn! Someone beat me to it!)

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
11) Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Senoj -

Yep, yep and yep

Alcon -

Nope.

BB -

Yep.

Edit to add: Yeah now we're getting down to the harder ones so, some of you might have a problem with them. I'm headed out of town until tomorrow evening, but when I get back, if no one has guessed them I'll post hints. Good luck!

Alcon
Member # 6645

Oh yeah! Now I remember that quote, that was the bit with the porcupine! I used to love that movie, but I haven't seen it in forever.
Pegasus
Member # 10464

- posted      Profile for Pegasus   Email Pegasus         Edit/Delete Post 
18: Rules of Engagement

</wild guess>

Posts: 369 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Pegasus,

Nope.

Okay, I'll give another line from each of the movies. I'm too tired to try and think of clever hints.

4) - Don't make any sudden moves.
- Why? Is there a bee on me?

9) - This is pure Kafka.
- Who is Kafka? Tell me! - Congo - Nighthawk

13) Swell party! Where's the whiskey?

18) Your national security advisor has just been executed. He's a very good negotiator. He bought you another half hour. - Air Force One - EmpSquared

19) Once, we filled the sky with our aircraft. Now we win or lose with six fighters and ten torpedo planes. - Midway - Nighthawk

[ April 29, 2008, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: Lyrhawn ]

Nighthawk
Member # 4176

9: Congo

18: Executive Decision

19: Midway ?

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Nighthawk

Yep, nope and yep.

EmpSquared
Member # 10890

Oh!

18)Air Force One

Posts: 368 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Yep.
EmpSquared
Member # 10890

13 sounds like an old movie. 4 is a complete mystery.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I'll narrow a bit.

4) Comedy

13) Western

Nighthawk
Member # 4176

DRAT!
EmpSquared
Member # 10890

We need more people to play this right now. I already have a list of quotes ready. C'mon people!
Pegasus
Member # 10464

- posted      Profile for Pegasus   Email Pegasus         Edit/Delete Post 
Is 4 "Corky Romano"?

no guess on 13, I don't see many westerns.

Posts: 369 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

No on four.

Alright, I'll really kick up the hints.

4) Dennis Quaid

13) John Wayne

Raia
Member # 4700

4) Undercover Blues
  This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  ...  48  49  50   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.