FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The movie quote game (Page 20)

This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  48  49  50   
Author Topic: The movie quote game
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhhh ... The Sting. I knew I recognized that quote. It's been forever since I've seen that movie.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. That was quick.

Dr. Strangelove: 6
Nighthawk: 5
katharina: 1

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Beaten by one frickin' minute! Gah!
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
hmm is 18 Team America?

and lord... I even got into work early today and the list is effectively done already [Frown]

Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seatarsprayan
Member # 7634

- posted      Profile for Seatarsprayan   Email Seatarsprayan         Edit/Delete Post 
#6 Glory
Posts: 454 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
4 Fargo
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
No on 18, yes on 6 and 4

Dr. Strangelove: 6
Nighthawk: 5
katharina: 1
Seatarsprayan: 1
Morbo: 1

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mneighthyn
Member # 9572

- posted      Profile for Mneighthyn   Email Mneighthyn         Edit/Delete Post 
16) blow

2) pay it forward?

Posts: 28 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

No, and no.

Not-yet-guessed by decade and genre:

2)1960s Drama
5)1960s Drama (same year as #2, actually)
14)1980s Romance (with comedic elements)
16)1990s Romance (with dramatic elements)
17)1990s Comedy
18)1980s Comedy

Mneighthyn
Member # 9572

- posted      Profile for Mneighthyn   Email Mneighthyn         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm out... I think at 25 I'm still too young for this game :|
Posts: 28 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

Not the game, just the list (maybe). Welcome to Hatrack, Mneighthyn.
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

Is asking my father permitted?
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

Sure. Phone a friend if you'd like.
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

OK. He hasn't a clue on the rest; he did get the old ones I already knew. Go figure.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Late to the party again [Frown]

Ill stay tuned for the winners list

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
2. Nuremberg Trials
?

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

Sorry, BB.

Dr. Strangelove: Very close, but not quite.

Nighthawk
Member # 4176

I could answer that now, but I won't. [Smile]
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

You should feel free. All's fair in love and quote games.
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

Feel free Nighthawk. I'm not gonna be able to post a list if I win anyhow, and no one else is close, so it's pretty much your game.
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

2) Judgement at Nuremberg would be my guess.

I've already posted two lists, and it's getting harder to do. Anyone else have one handy? I could put yet another one together, but not until tomorrow.

SenojRetep
Member # 8614

Correct.

How is it that no one has gotten #18? Of the ones left, I'm most surprised that #18, #14 and #16 I weren't gotten pretty early on.

Nighthawk
Member # 4176

quote:
Originally posted by SenojRetep:
Correct.

How is it that no one has gotten #18? Of the ones left, I'm most surprised that #18, #14 and #16 I weren't gotten pretty early on.

Because we're old, it seems. It's comforting to know that I did better naming movies in the 1960s than I did those in the 90s...
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

My sister's seem to think 18 Tootsie, but I don't think it is. But I'll throw it out there just in case.

And I can do another list I suppose, I just might be slow on updating it. I might not be, it really depends ... so I guess I'll do it. Look for it sometime tomorrow midmorning. I could put it up in the wee hours of the morning, but I'm starting to think that gives an advantage to us night owls and slights those poor souls on normal schedules. [Razz]

SenojRetep
Member # 8614

Your sisters were wrong. It ain't Tootsie.

Additional hints:

5) George C. Scott is Bert. And he's just lost a big bet.
14) It's got a boombox, a car, and a little Peter Gabriel.
16) Australian. But no Heath Ledger or Russell Crowe.
17) Bill Murray's in this one, but not the scene the quote is from.
18) "I'm talking about real money. <title word> money...No dough, no show."

Nighthawk
Member # 4176

Your hints make it easy...

5) The Hustler
George C. Scott is one of my favorite actors (for the record, Patton is in my top three favorites). I still can't place the quote, but I know him, the character and the plot.

14) Say Anything

Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
17. Caddyshack
....maybe.

Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

Yes to Nighthawk, No to Luet.

Nighthawk has a lock, I'll just post the rest.

(16 is Strictly Ballroom;17 is Rushmore;18 is Three Amigos!)

Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

Well, Nighthawk, if you don't want to do it, let me know, but otherwise ... post your list!
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

One of these days I'm gonna have to go through all 20 pages here. I'm sure I'm repeating some of these. Hell, I'm in doubt as to whether I'm repeating lines from my last two lists...

----------

1) "Never rub another man's rhubarb." - Batman (SenojRetep)

2) "At my signal, unleash hell." - Gladiator (Vadon)

3) "On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy."

4) "Boards don't hit back."

5) "Why does everything in my life have to be such a complicated disaster?"

6) "One understands why some animals eat their young." - Bicentenial Man (Vadon)

7) "If I'm not back in five minutes... just wait longer."

8) "Wouldn't this be a great world if insecurity and desperation made us more attractive? If 'needy' were a turn-on?"

9) "You should be running."

10) "This is the part where you run away." - Shrek (Jeesh)

11) "I know that I have put you through hell, and I know that I have been one rough pecker. But from here on, you are all in my cool book."

12) "Have you ever gotten the feeling that you aren't completely embarassed yet, but you glimpse tomorrow's embarrassment?"

13) "Actually we're all from Mars around here, we keep our spaceship out back. So... what planet are you from?"

14) "I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it."

15) "Perhaps the love of a man and a woman doesn't amount to a hill of beans, but this is our hill, and these are our beans."

16) "See you Monday. We'll be talking about Freud and why he did enough cocaine to kill a small horse." - Good Will Hunting (SenojRetep)

17) "No dream is ever just a dream."

18) "You're not a postal worker, are you?" - Jumanji (Samarkand)

19) "Have you ever been hit with Dots, Mel? Milk Duds? Those things hurt!"

20) "Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes."

----------
Vadon - 2
SenojRetep - 2
Jeesh - 1
Samarkand - 1

[ August 26, 2006, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Nighthawk ]

Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
10- Shrek
Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Strangely, I don't know any of those...
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samarkand
Member # 8379

- posted      Profile for Samarkand   Email Samarkand         Edit/Delete Post 
Ahh - 18) Jumanji?
Posts: 471 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
2) Gladiator
6) Bicentenial Man

I'm betting I know more, but...

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

2 Gladiator

edit: Frick!

[ August 26, 2006, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Morbo ]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

1) Batman
3) Purple Rose of Cairo?
12) Really familiar...Serendipity, maybe?
16) Good Will Hunting

Nighthawk
Member # 4176

Updated.

SenojRetep: Not even close on #3, no on #12.

Morbo
Member # 5309

8 When Harry met Sally
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

Morbo: No.

I thought these'd be easier. Sheesh...

Vadon
Member # 4561

9) Hellboy?

I know it's one of those hero movies... It's where some girl is like... about to explode in fire.

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Totally boxed out. All the ones I know have been taken.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

I looked up the rest because I knew I wouldn't be able to think of any of the others. I've only seen two of the other quote's movies, and I didn't really care for either.

So if someone can get over three I'm out. [Smile]

Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
4. Enter the Dragon

7. Ace Ventura Pet Detective

15. Naked Gun? one of those wacky spoofy movies...

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seatarsprayan
Member # 7634

- posted      Profile for Seatarsprayan   Email Seatarsprayan         Edit/Delete Post 
3 Tron
Posts: 454 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
11) From Dusk Til Dawn (On TV the other night, and the left this line intact!)

And number 9 is indeed Hellboy, just confirming.

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

I was signed on for the express purpose of bumping this thread, only to see that it had already been bumped [Smile] . I think it's safe to say that we give up Nighthawk. Declare a winner and lets move on.
Humean316
Member # 8175

- posted      Profile for Humean316   Email Humean316         Edit/Delete Post 
#4 is Enter the Dragon with Bruce Lee

So who is the winner?

Posts: 457 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

Gah! Forgot about this! Sorry...

I'll post the results a little later. it's been a horrible morning.

Vadon
Member # 4561

I've made up a list of quotes. If you'd all like, I could post it to try to keep things running.
  This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  48  49  50   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.