FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » If you wanted to date ANY Hatracker who would it be? (Page 9)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  14  15  16   
Author Topic: If you wanted to date ANY Hatracker who would it be?
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
Alt, that's just what my husband used to say about me, only it was more like, "Why are the pretty ones always crazy?"

Anyway, you can get away with it. [Wink]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
That's redundant. Drop the "minor-league". When the Word Series gets other nations in it, I'll call it a "major-league" game.
It does involve Canada which, last I checked, was still a separate nation...
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altáriël of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altáriël of Dorthonion   Email Altáriël of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I just changed my name to 1337 phHqwHg4d (Leet fhqwhgad).
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
Altáriël of Dorthonion.

From the picture you posted at your site you look a bit elvish. who wouldn't want to date some one whith such a great smile.

I know im out of the running since im sure it would be weird dateing someone 10 years your senior.

[Laugh] [Blushing]

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Am I causing people to start having kinky thoughts?
You forget that we've read your survey now. Don't pretend you didn't expect that reaction. [Smile]

Unless you're also putting one finger to the side of your mouth, your eyebrows raised in feigned naivete. Then you can pretend. Because that's also hot.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
It isn't, actually. I dated someone ten years my senior three years ago (I was 21). She had more problems with it than I did.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
"Why are the pretty ones always crazy?"

My friends and I have discussed this at length, but we don't limit ourselves. We prefer to ask, "Why are women always crazy?"

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really really beginning to regret not being able to go to that link (websense has blocked it out)
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Same reason men are.

Added: To Javert.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Crazy parents?

Added: To ElJay.

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
Im sure im to much of an old grump for anyone to get along with anyways.

[Evil] [Grumble]

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

Because we deal with women so much?
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

I like Xavier's answer the best.

I also propose that men are not crazy...we're just stupid, and quite proud of it. (Well, at least I am.) [Big Grin]

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

Don't forget insensitive, Javert!

or is that just me?

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altáriël of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altáriël of Dorthonion   Email Altáriël of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Thats right, you men are stupid and insensitive. Just one of mother nature's stnanks...
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

Ah...I assumed being insesitive was a result of being stupid. Silly me.

But the good thing is, when we occasionally do something smart and sensitive, then it is worth a lot more than if we were that way all the time.

Altáriël of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

While you ignore all the sensitivity and intelligence a woman has all along, right?
^.~

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Is this going to devolve into some kind of shirts vs. skins thing? Because I call shirts.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

- posted      Profile for IanO   Email IanO         Edit/Delete Post 
:Side comment based on previous post:

I've been thinking about the age difference thing myself.

On the one hand, it can be argued that if two people really care for each other, the age difference should be meaningless. Especially the older you get (i.e: my mom and step dad are 12 years apart, but she was 37 when she married him, so it wasn't even remotely a consideration. 12 years difference for me, though, puts a girl at 19.)

But at the same time I can't help but wonder that, for example, if I, now 31, was pursuing a girl at 18-20, I would really not be looking out for her best interests. That is, I would be not be giving her time to really figure out who she is and what she wants out of life before shackling her to a life she may not have later wanted.

We do know that those years are very formative and that personal interests/desires change quite a bit, even into the mid 20's.

I don't know. I'm not really interested in anyone that young. But I wonder if it'd be a potential problem. Then again, people change anyway, regardless of age.

Posts: 1346 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

ignorance of a woman's virtues is no excuse?
Javert
Member # 3076

Of course not. We just have to judge that along with her insane hotness and her ability to inspire kinky thoughts. [Wink]
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

Men seem to be better at judging the latter two...
StickyWicket
Member # 7926

- posted      Profile for StickyWicket   Email StickyWicket         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you people serious? you know "Alt" could be a 46 yr old guy for all you know.
Posts: 128 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StickyWicket
Member # 7926

- posted      Profile for StickyWicket   Email StickyWicket         Edit/Delete Post 
and BTW lonely males don't need any inspiration to have kinky thoughts.
Posts: 128 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

So IanO, did you consider the difference going the other way? What about you at 31 dating a girl in the area of 43 or so?

I am 31, and have dated guys in a range from 8 years younger than me to 12 years older. I've found the person matters much more than the age.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

quote:
Are you people serious? you know "Alt" could be a 46 yr old guy for all you know.
Who cares? Its not like they are setting up a meeting with her.

And you have to realize that a good number of us have met eachother. I personally have met dozens of hatrackers, and each and every one of them who claimed to be a young woman/girl, turned out to be one! Shocking, I know. (Sadly, those claiming to be 46 year old dudes didn't end up being young women either)

Plus I am currently living with someone I met on this very site...

Being attracted to someone based on their words and a pic isn't as scary as the early-internet urban legends make it sound.

Plus, you don't have a guarantee in real life either. Without a complete gynecological inspection, can you ever truly know the gender of someone you are attracted to?

Moonshine
Member # 7893

- posted      Profile for Moonshine   Email Moonshine         Edit/Delete Post 
Where are the 16-19 year old male Hatrackers?
Posts: 46 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

My ex-wife was older (and more worldly wise) than me and it (not solely, but partly) was a source of many problems. Long story.

I guess I'm a tad jaded about it. Unfair, I know.

More practically speaking, however, is the fact that I want to have more kids. We only had one because she had health problems that made it dangerous. And the health risks for a woman in her 40's are higher.

I guess I have issues.

But I'm not closed to anything.

Posts: 1346 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Fair enough. [Smile]
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

quote:
Originally posted by Brettly10:
Ok tom I will go skins with the ladies!

/Ducks/

/Runs/

/Hides/

[Smile]

Brettly, I commend you on finding a unique way to get shirtless women to chase you...
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It does involve Canada
What?! I never heard that Canada plays in the World Series.

But as far as I recall from hearing, the US rejects other nations, and doesn't want them to join in as teams. Also, if it's a world-series, then they should have national teams, right?

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
He's obviously never heard of The Toronto Blue Jays -- one of my favorite teams
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

I still remember when the Jays won the World Series. What was that, 1991?
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/index.jsp?c_id=tor

Quit being such a knob, dude. [Razz]

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I think once someone has reached their early or mid-twenties any age difference is fine, but I do think that when someone is still a teenager and is dating someone even five years older, the chance that they are being exploited skyrockets.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altáriël of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

quote:
Originally posted by StickyWicket:

How exactly am I to prove that I am most definately NOT a 46 year old dude? God people, how long have I been on this site and people still doubt my identity? I think its time to make me real. Who's near El Cajon, CA?
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
We've helped you with enough yearbook pages over the year, that I believe you

(at least, I think that was you......)

[Smile]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

quote:
But as far as I recall from hearing, the US rejects other nations, and doesn't want them to join in as teams. Also, if it's a world-series, then they should have national teams, right?
Well as mentioned, the Toronto Blue Jays and the Montreal Expos are canadian teams (are the Expos still around?).

I, personally, would love it if there were teams from outside the US in the league, but its a matter of logistics more than exclusivity I would think. The canadian/US border has far fewer restrictions than any other country to have teams in. These teams play over a hundred games a season, so distance is a factor as well. Add to that the fact that with the current draft/trading system, you could be moved out of country on a whim of your general manager. Would kind of stink for that player.

I can see Puerto Rico getting a team someday, but they are technically still part of the US.

IanO
Member # 186

See, that's what I was thinking Kat, but I wasn't expressing it clearly. I wasn't so much talking about the age difference itself as the lower age of the other person, even when clearly a legal adult, in relation to me. I'm not (and will not be) that creepy older guy hitting on 19 year old girls.

But I wondered if I was the only one who felt that it would not be a good idea.

Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
The Expos are now the DC Nationals... Though in their final year as the Expos, they played half their "home" games in Puerto Rico, I believe.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

Altáriël

I don't know how close santa rosa is to you. I'm not sure if im even cosidered real even though i was at endercon.

Jim-Me
Member # 6426

quote:
Originally posted by IanO:
But I wondered if I was the only one who felt that it would not be a good idea.

Nope. You're it... [Razz]
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Ian, I agree. I think it is creepy when someone who has seen a lot of the world can only make him or herself attractive to those who haven't.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Baseball teams? Me? Hearing about them? Ha!

*Yawn* - you've obviously never heard of Wes Hall, Don Bradman*, Richie Benaud, or ven the modern stars: Brett Lee (bowls at 95 mph), Adam Gilchrist (who bats for about 4 hours before being out and goes off when he thinks that he's out - regardless of the umpire), or Jason Gillespie (the "Gypsy" whose "caravan is in repair").

Then again, I never saw Babe Ruth. That whole business about the Red Sox being cursed gave me enough reason not to look at Baseball. The best that came out of Baseball was Joe Dimagio (sp?), whom I only like because it fits nicely in Mrs. Robinson's lyrics. Again, that's Simon and Garfunkel - not he himself.

Sure, I'm biased, but what self-respecting non-North-American Anglo-Saxon would watch some game with their easy-batting techniques? I'd like to see a "batter" (why not "batsman"? "Batter" reminds me of rams) try and bat from a tougher position holding the bat vertically and not in a swing-prepared position.

* Who was knighted for his skills as a player; he was told to have had "more records than a gramophone company".

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I agree as well. . . and I think me hitting on 19 year old guys would be just as creepy. [Smile]
IanO
Member # 186

Nicely put. It's why I am looking in the 22+ range, for that very reason, though obviously there are going to be exceptions (i.e.: An older person who has been sheltered and is extremely naive versus a 19 year-old who has had alot of life experience. But that's the exception, not the rule.)
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, when did this become the dating hookup thread?
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

quote:
Are you in Snoopys back yard in Santa Rosa Chris?
yeah i live in santa rosa. I was born and raised here. what book store are you going to. my fridays are really busy with helping do luandry and other errands.
IanO
Member # 186

But I think they'd sure love it, ElJay.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, man.
An old high school friend just visited, and we were talking about how nonhorrified we were in high school when one of our teachers dated a senior.
It is so incredibly creepy to think about now.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.