FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » If you wanted to date ANY Hatracker who would it be? (Page 10)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: If you wanted to date ANY Hatracker who would it be?
Moonshine
Member # 7893

- posted      Profile for Moonshine   Email Moonshine         Edit/Delete Post 
To PC:
Well...isn't this the "If you could date any Hatracker who would it be thread?"

Posts: 46 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember being eighteen and having a series of older guys tell me I was very sweet. I'm about a thousand times gentler now than I was then. I remember thinking, Have you met me?

They had. They just didn't take an eighteen-year-old seriously (respect that I meant what I was saying). That was disturbing.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Who's dating me?! The only one my age (he's a little younger) is SteveRogers.

No thanks. I don't date guys. I meet them here and there; but not for dating.

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by IanO:
But I think they'd sure love it, ElJay.

In Spring, there are high school sports tournments downtown almost every weekend, and the streets are crawling with teenagers on Thursdays and Fridays. This year I noticed that I was being oogled by more teenage boys than I ever was as a teenager myself. It was very odd, I've worked downtown for six years and never noticed this before.

Most of them seemed to be in the 16 - 17 year age range. It varied between being creepy and hilarious.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Ew. Seniors should not go out with their teachers.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

- posted      Profile for IanO   Email IanO         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm. I haven't noticed any teenage girls oogling me. [Grumble]
Posts: 1346 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
No, but it really did seem to make sense at the time. Yuck.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
I havent seen any women oogling me, but i don't really think about it. until i saw this thread.
Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
hey IanO, I haven't seen your picture, do you have a MySpace?
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

Perhaps some teenagers want to be considered adults enough that something like that will not be thought of as a bad thing, but simply proof that they are grown up.

Or perhaps without the perspective of an adult 25+, they don't realize how much of an abuse of power it is for the adult in that situation to pursue a relationship with a HS student.

Posts: 1346 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Teenage girls smile at me a lot, but only when I'm holding Ella. [Razz]
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

Just standing around

[ July 14, 2005, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: IanO ]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

IanO,
You are right. It really is an abuse of power, and so many stories emerges after high school and college that give me the heebie jeebies. I think of it in the same basket as priests molesting children and "grooming" of young athletes.
At my college, the Shakepeare professor was really nasty to women. I don't think a woman ever got an A from him.
It turned out he had been luring young men into his bed for many years. It eventually came out(so to speak) and he was fired.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

Sorry for changing the topic, though.

Alright, return to your regularly scheduled...hmmm...what's going on here? What would you call this?

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

A Hatrack thread.
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm... since people are bringing up their dating status and rumors, Ted (Pod) and I are still togeather. I'm not sure why people were asking me if we broke up a few weeks ago.
So here's as close as I get to public mushiness- Ted and I are very happy together. Beyond the he's working in the USA and I'm schooling in Canada thing, we're doing just dandy and are very content [Smile]

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
a hatrack *hookup* thread...

though I'm wondering if I'm still eligble for the group date after my failed advances on Altariel... [Cry]

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Oh, its ok. I never officially rejected you. So you might still have a chance...Do you have any pictures?
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I can confirm Jaiden and Pod's togetherness, as well as that they appear to my outsider's eyes to be super-cool for one another. [Cool]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

I changed my profile a little more, go check if you want to.
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

um... I might still have one up on yahoo personals and my kids and I used to be in foobonic... but I'm sure you can do much better than a 37 yr old divorcee with 5 kids (which has a lot to do with why I don't take threads like this very seriously).

I will say, in my defense, that the sandwich, the baseball, and the hike are all much more fun than they sound.

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Ah! Lord! Stop with the "u got pix???" stuff. Seriously.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Why the hell haven't I been mentioned in this thread? [Mad]
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

hey man, i was just saying because I want to know the face of the person on the other side of the keyboard. Besides, I've only said it twice, why are you all up in arms against me now?

EDIT: I was too stupid to realise I was typing incorrectly...

katharina
Member # 827

("up in arms", Alt.)
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

oh crap, I thought that's what I had typed.
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

BTW, I saw your pic on Phoob,Primal Curve, and I must say you ARE rather attractive...
=^.^=

Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
This was a couple pages ago, but I just had to add...

quote:
If you want to know what i am really, i start a blog (in french, sorry) with a bad webcam photo here.
I'm not "hottie"

Choobak doesn't think he's cute? Anyone else as outraged about this as I am? [Smile]
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

quote:
Originally posted by Altáriël of Dorthonion:
hey man, i was just saying because I want to know the face of the person on the other side of the keyboard. Besides, I've only said it twice, why are you all up in arms against me now?

I'm "up in arms" because I'm afraid where this kind of thing may go. There are a lot of people who have delicate egos around here. They don't need someone not talking to them or something because of the way they look. Be honest with yourself, if you didn't care what they looked like, and just wanted to talk, you wouldn't ask for a picture of them. As it stands, you want to know what they look like so that you can judge as to whether or not you will talk to them. I just don't think that kind of AOL chat garbage is appropriate around here.
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

quote:
Originally posted by Altáriël of Dorthonion:
BTW, I saw your pic on Phoob,Primal Curve, and I must say you ARE rather attractive...
=^.^=

I'm also married. Even if I wasn't, I wouldn't date someone your age.
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

quote:
Originally posted by Primal Curve:
There are a lot of people who have delicate egos around here.

The internet in general and this thread in particular are NOT good places to have delicate egos...

(edit for grammar)

[ July 14, 2005, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: Jim-Me ]

Primal Curve
Member # 3587

That's no reason to start busting out the "ASL?" 14-year-old internet camwhore bulls***.
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Dear Primal Curve,
Why do you think that I am some frivolous teen girl who judges people by how they look? I jsut said you were attractive but that does not imply that I would go on a date with you. Just like you said, there is a big age gap right there. Please tell me you are not the type of guy that thinks that just because he is attractive all girls want something with him. I also agree with Jim-Me, this thread is not a place for those with delicate egos.
Yours truly,
AoD

Jim-Me
Member # 6426

good idea, Brettly... for obvious reasons. [Smile]
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think its time to make me real. Who's near El Cajon, CA?
If Lalo's still around, you'd make his day.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

I still haven't been mentioned.
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Oh, hello Kayla.
Hey, TomDavidson,
I don't know who Lalo is, but depending on his age, I guess I'd go on a blind date with him, I've always wanted to go on one.

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Lalo's in New York, to my knowledge, at least last he posted on his LJ he was, he's going to NYU in the fall.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
He's right about your age, and is a fairly attractive Hispanic guy living, last I knew, in California. I wasn't entirely joking. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, so I'm holding back here 'cause I think some of these posts are creepy, and then Alty complains that no one would want to date her?! Hmm... Well, I'll give it a try then. Categories in bold.

Date-dates (personality-based, one of my friends told me I'm blind to physical beauty anyway [Big Grin] ): Alty (sorry I'm late, but better late than never, no?), tt&t, mack, pooka.

Platonic dates (in no particular order): Anna, Annie, BunnV, Elizabeth, kat, Raia.

Would-I-be-a-girl dates: twinky, Hobbes.

Fan-boy dates: Chris Bridges, sndrake.

"Alternate-reality-me"s: Boris. The second date should be a blast...

Kama

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Alt, Lalo is probably 19 by now, at least that's how old I am so I'm sticking with it.

Kayla, I haven't been mentioned either, and I'm single, young, and from a town with like 12 young male jatraquero's.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

AltƔriƫl of Dorthonion [ROFL]

And considering that you seemingly want to date everyone, I'm terribly disappointed you don't want to date me.

When did PC become Leto?

TomDavidson
Member # 124

Yeah, but most of those male Jatraqueros are spazzes. Count your blessings. [Smile]
Dante
Member # 1106

- posted      Profile for Dante           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Beatrice, you cute little spiritual guide, you.

I dated a girl from El Cajon for a while. Didn't work out, but hoo boy, it was a fun ride!

Posts: 1068 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

And for the record, my post also looks creepy to me. Too much bold?! [Angst]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Brettly, I still have a notebook with your name in it from way back in 2001 when we played some game or something together (Survivor/Mafia?)

breyerchic, they are just too intimidated to say anything to you out of fear you'll turn them down and they will live the rest of their lives as mere shadows of themselves because of the disappointment.

katharina
Member # 827

I think it's the way you bolded Kama.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Tom, only most?

Fugu
Stryker
Alcon
Rhaegar
drumsntolkien
nano572
snow (taken)

(no offense to any of these guys, I love you all, also none to the ones I may have missed)

Corwin
Member # 5705

Yeah, I think I could have skipped that. She's bold enough on her own...
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

I'm glad you people are not as annoyed with me as Primal Curve seemed to be. I still do not understand why he said those things to me. To tell you guys the truth what he said was rather hurting, although I suck it up like any good Hatracker. Why did he just use those two posts where I asked for someones picture as something to judge how I choose who I am going to talk to and who I am not? If I had been like that, I would've asked for everyone's pictures a long time ago since I keep loosing myself on Phoob. Besides, its not like I hadn't provided pictures of myself.
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.