FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » "Lost" discussion *including spoilers* (Page 6)

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  21  22  23   
Author Topic: "Lost" discussion *including spoilers*
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
[deleted] [Blushing]

No more posting in the middle of the show. [No No]

[ January 13, 2005, 12:01 AM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry about it - I was shocked too.

I knew they were step siblings.

How hysterical was Hurley screaming at Jin to pee on his foot?

[ January 13, 2005, 12:02 AM: Message edited by: Mrs.M ]

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

[Big Grin] Yeah that was great.

I am a little annoyed that Locke has taken it upon himself to 'enlighten' those on the island. I guess he wants Boone to be in on his little game, so he had to dislocate him from Shannon...but come on. [Roll Eyes]

I did like the exchange between Kate and ....the Korean lady (what's her first name?) That was great. [Smile]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

See, I love me some Locke. I was so upset when I thought he was the cause of Shannon's death.

Her name is Sun. I love her, too. She has such a gentleness to her; she seems like she's one of those people who makes everyone around her calmer.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Locke's character is too out of whack. One minute he's hunter man, then he's philosophy man, then he's know it all man. He knows too much, it's not realistic. He spends too much time in reverance to the island.

He was my favorite character before, now I don't know who it is.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Nothing on the show is realistic....so I guess I can accept Locke's wackiness. I just think he's annoyingly smug. [Big Grin]
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
Am I wrong. or did Locke arrive on the island in a wheel chair, then suddenly realize that he had the ability to walk?

I don't recall anyone else being "healed" at the time of the crash.

Is it possible that Locke died in the crash?

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, since Locke was in a wheelchair for only 4 years, I think he'd do tons of learning. Most of the stuff he seems to know is general stuff, he is just sure of himself, and knows more than most.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
If it's possible for a person to become a paraplegic in an accident, shouldn't the opposite be possible too?

Either way, I've heard several theories on the subject. That if you give something to the island it gives something back, and that if you wish for something hard enough it appears (Charlie's guitar, Sayid finding others on the island and maps, Walt playing backgammon and getting the dice rolls he wanted). I'm sure we'll find out eventually.

I know the whole thing isn't realistic, but in science fiction not much that happens is realistic, but you can still see things happen in that reality that seem out of place. In other words accept the island and what not as a reality, and then look for things that even in that situation seem out of place. And I think Locke's erratic know it all oracle behavior qualifies.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't mind the "know it all" behavior because, as far as I remember, he never approaches to impose to his thoughts, but is approached and asked for his thoughts.

The one exception could be when he was stalking Charlie to keep him from getting his drugs, but aside from that, he only leads when he has someone following him.

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think Boone was in any way asking for what Locke did to him.
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tink
Member # 7267

- posted      Profile for Tink   Email Tink         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Boone did say he was ready for the ramifications of his decision . . . though how that led to what happened, I'm not quite sure.

The idea of everyone else in the world dying and only the people on the island is interesting, if somewhat horrifying.

My husband pointed out that the last time a polar bear appeared was when the kid (Malcolm?) was reading his book or comic or whatever it was, and it looks from the preview like there will be a polar bear in connection with the kid next week.

It seems as though whatever is in the island responds to you in the way you treat it. If you view it with fear, it's a monster. If you treat it with awe and respect, it gives you knowledge (Locke). If you want something badly enough, it gives it to you.

Maybe.

Posts: 25 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, Tink. Where was the last Polar Bear?

There was the one that Sawyer shot early on, and then there was another one? Can you explain what happened with it please, I think that was in the episode I missed.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

I think the only other time a polar bear has appeared was in the pilot (second hour of it, I think). The one Sawyer shot.
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
So something happened with my DVR and I missed the last minute of the show and the preview for next week.

Anyone know where I could get next week's preview online?

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foust
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for Foust   Email Foust         Edit/Delete Post 
The comic the kid was reading had a polar bear in it. Curiouser and curiouser.

Linky

Posts: 1515 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foust
Member # 3043

So it appears that Walt had supernatural abilities before he came to the island. Does this mean that our theorizing about the island's wish granting ability is innacurate>
Posts: 1515 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

Someone give me a rundown of this week's plot; I went to a debate and missed it!

Who's Walt?

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

Walt is the 10-year-old boy who hangs around Locke whenever he can. Michael's (the black man's) son.
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
I like Locke. While he may disagree with how Mike is raising Walt on the island, he understands the need for Mike to be Walt's father and the responibility that Walt has to obey his father. He did not hold Mike's anger against him when Walt was in trouble. I am betting now that Mike and Locke have gone through what they have, Mike will let Walt spend some time with Locke.

Wow, Claire is back, and with out the baby I would guess.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

My Locke love grows each and every week. Why is Terry O'Quinn not a huge star?

Did anyone notice that Sawyer did not read Claire's diary and Charlie did? While I sympathize with Charlie (and adore him) and would probably have done the same thing, it was Sawyer who did right there.

zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Of course, Sawyer did steal it from her bags in the first place. And then wouldn't give it back to Charlie. I think he's still in the negative column.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
What I am wanting to know is what, before the plane crash, links these people together.

PS: I have not been able to watch every episode.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

quote:
PS: I have not been able to watch every episode.
Gee, I wonder why. [Wink]

Connections: Sawyer was in the police station where Boone went to report Shannon's abusive boyfriend. Sun and Jin were in the airport line behind Jack when he was convincing them to transport his father's body.

zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
In several of the flash backs, you see one of the other characters in the background.

For instance, when someone was at a police station (I can't remember who now), Sawyer was being brought in.

I wonder if that's happening with every flash back and I just haven't noticed them all.

Boone, that was it. Thanks Mrs.M.

[ January 21, 2005, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: zgator ]

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

If someone happened to have recorded all of the episodes on VHS, I would very much like to have them. [Smile]
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Wait, scratch that... we don't have a VHS player.

Ok then. If someone happens to have them on DVD, or CD that I could play on my laptop, I would very much like to have them.

PS: We do have TiVo, so I'll be able to watch every episode from this point on.

[ January 21, 2005, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: T_Smith ]

Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
CLAIRE!! CLAIRE!!!

CLAIRE!!!!!!

SHE'S BACK!!!!

and the bastages wouldn't show us a close up of her tummy...is she still pregnant??

<3 Charlie

the "Sawyer-lashing-out-at-everyone-to-punish-himself" thing is getting old. i mean, i guess it's in character, but can we have another episode focusing on him or something...i'd love a Locke-induced romp through the forest following Sawyer like we had for Boone...

Hurley, much? I'd like some info!

i smacked Greg across the head when Claire came back...i'm so excited!!!

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME A RUNDOWN OF THE PLOT BEFORE I EXPLODE?

Sorry about the capitals, you have to understand how much I'm dying here!

Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
Shhh, shh Teshi baby, here's your link right here. It's okay. It's okay honey. The recap's right here.

[Wink]

Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

[Smile] [Cry] Thank you Lady Jane/kat...

(which one are you officially going by?!)

Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
It's kat. I'm going back to katharina as soon as we figure out why I can't get my password.

*shakes fist in direction of Idaho* [Wink]

[ January 21, 2005, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: Lady Jane ]

Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

It's on. Is this a repeat episode?
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

Yep.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

::shrug::

Well, I haven't seen it. ::watches::

T_Smith
Member # 3734

It just occured to me, a lot of the characters on this show have, in some way, dealt with loss before the plane crash. Probably already brought up, but Im not rereading this thread.
Teshi
Member # 5024

No, I don't think we've talked about Loss (Loss/Lost, arg; coincidence?). But it is an interesting idea, or perhaps just the way it panned out- it's not universal; Shannon and Bpone have not really lost anything we know about yet, and neither really did Charlie, Hurley or Claire.

Anyway, the other day, while reading plot summaries that Kat so helpfully pointed me towards, I realised that we have a Locke and a Rousseau in the same show, obviously placed purposefully.

I haven't divined if there is any reason for this yet, though, and if there is, what it is.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

I haven't seen any character focus episodes of those you mentioned except for Charlie and a bit of Claire.

I did think about Charlies episode a little bit after I posted, so maybe his loss is a bit more metaphorical? But if thats the case, then why weren't the other passangers saved, cause I doubt that many people have gone through their lives without loss. Perhaps its a special kind of loss? ::Shrug::

Narnia
Member # 1071

Did anyone read the TV guide this week and all the terrible hints they let out? It's driving me nuts.

Here's the photo spread that my sister scanned of all the characters.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Ok, guys, I'm lazy so if you could just tell me...

Tell me aboot Hurley. He seems intriguing, and I think "his episode" passed already.

raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
They haven't gone into hurley's past at all, other than him mentioning in passing in one of the first episodes about his name.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
It's going to be a couple more weeks of reruns isn't it?
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Apparently so.
Teshi
Member # 5024

I believe (but don't quote me on this) that next week is a new episode.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Good.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

I really like Hurley.
Teshi
Member # 5024

I do too. I hope we get his backstory soon.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Yeah. I mean, anyone who can get something from Sawyer without resulting to violence has got to be one cool dude. I really do trust him.
Foust
Member # 3043

That

rocked

I especially liked the little toss off reference to The Office.

Teshi
Member # 5024

I liked it but I was a little dissapointed that none of the mysteries were resolved.

And how many people are we down to now? 45? ish?

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  21  22  23   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.