FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I take offense -- another game???? (Page 11)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  16  17  18   
Author Topic: I take offense -- another game????
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
It is offensive to me to think of how my own twisted tongue looks, and while this is a "take offense" thread and not a "blame" thread, I blame you for it nonetheless.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended by your post that hit the 500 mark without you even making note of it.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am offended that you had to point out the fact that there have been 500 posts, which makes me realize that I probably made 350 of those posts, which emphasizes the time I spend on fluff threads.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharpie
Member # 482

- posted      Profile for Sharpie   Email Sharpie         Edit/Delete Post 
I can only assume you two are pointing out post numbers in order to emphasize my posting inadequacy. I'm shocked and offended.
Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Listen, Sharp stuff, it isn't like it's our problem you're all dried up. Just put a cap on it, would you? And stop being so o-pen-ionated.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Does every thread have to turn into a pun thread?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Why? And what's so god-damn wrong about pun threads?

You make me sick. You always come on in with your anti-pun attitude. Well, we're humans too. However much you and your cronies would like to deny it, we are humans.

So take your bleeping anti-pun attitude and stuff it up your bleeping banna sugar nose. Okay?

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

I happen to enjoy puns, as you would know IF you paid attention to who posts in the pun threads. Not from me will you hear, "Just as the bun is the lowest form of wheat, so is the pun the lowest form of wit"!

I just happen to think there is a place for NON-pun threads as well. It offends me that you wish to homogenize all threads into pun threads.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

Did I ever say that? Or are you imposing your capatilistic fantasies onto me?

We both know the truth, that I am just a peaceful memeber of the forums, trying to make a way and living. I'm just trying to stand up fer my ideals.

And THEN you come with your anti-pun death threats!

Wow. And then you try to defened yourself by claiming you're pro-pun!

That kind of lying is worthless and demeaning. Save it for the Talk Shows.

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Phanto, where were any death threats? Your attempt at hysterical, mudslinging pro-pun punditry is outrageous and offensive.
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

I'm offended by the fact that you're assaulting me with unclear English. Hmph. That kind of verbal imprecision does not deserve a reply. And I'm offended that you've wasted my time with it!
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended that you think reading any hatrack post could possibly be a waste of time... oh, wait...
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

I am offended by the wishy-washy nature of the previous post.
ElJay
Member # 6358

I am very offended at being called wishy-washy!
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

I didn't call YOU wishy-washy. I called your post wishy-washy. There's a difference, and I'm offended that you failed to make the distinction.

Now, if this starts to be a pattern, I may have to revise my assessment.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Revise what assessment? Your lack of clarity as to what you are assessing offends me deeply, right to the very core of my being!
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended at being forced to consider the core of anyone's being but my own (and maybe dkw's [Kiss] )

[Big Grin]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I’m offended by Bob mentioning the core of my being on Hatrack. And I thought he was a gentleman. Some things are private, sir!
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am offended by yet another use of the offense thread for Dana and Bob to get all premarital on us.
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
I am surprised and offended that Elizabeth hasn't figured out that was Bob's purpose to begin with.
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Is this the "I am surprised--another game????" thread? Is it? You offend me, and Bob, by assuming so.
cochick
Member # 6167

- posted      Profile for cochick   Email cochick         Edit/Delete Post 
And what exactly is wrong with it also being an "I am surprised and offended game" pray tell?

[ November 02, 2004, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: cochick ]

Posts: 394 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

"pray tell?" What kind of RenFaire speak is that? Soooooooooo offensive. It should be "prithee, madam..."
ElJay
Member # 6358

Who you calling a madam?
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Hey, if the feather boa fits... Anyway, I'm offended that you would assume I was calling someone a "madam." The very idea!
cochick
Member # 6167

How dare you! Madam indeed - that's Miss for your information.

I was also shocked that you brought a feather boa into this forum. Have you no respect for the poor little birdies and also people with allergies.

EDIT: the shocking grammar and spelling.

[ November 02, 2004, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: cochick ]

Posts: 394 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I happen to own two feather boas, thank you very much, and they don't bother my allergies one bit!
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Well, if I can't bring a feather boa in here, then I'll just leave in a huff! High dudgeon too! (okay, well that almost fits ElJay's post too. I'll just add that EJ's allergies are among the most offensive I've ever heard of!

[ November 02, 2004, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended that you, Bob, would use poor ElJay's allergies as a way of making apoint in an offense thread. Have you no heart? The girl almost died!

some people, sheesh.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Yeah!

oops, um... I mean, I'm offended...

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

El Jay, I was offended by what Belle said about what Bob said, but then I read what you said, and my offense barometer kicked up to 99 percent.
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
I am offended that you would dare mention barometers only two years after the Great Barometer Explosion of '02.
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cochick
Member # 6167

I'm offended that you mentioned '02 - where does this forum get people with such shocking manners
Phanto
Member # 5897

Cochick...

No offense, but have you ever stopped...and thought for a seoncd?! Have you ever considered that 02 is a wonderful year?!

ARE YOU AN 02 DENIER?!

cochick
Member # 6167

I'm offended by Phanto's use of a word I had to look up in the dictionary. I thought you were insinuating that I wore tights!

I also am offended by you rsuggestion that I don't think?

Grigori
Member # 6917

- posted      Profile for Grigori   Email Grigori         Edit/Delete Post 
We're all human? That is sterotyping. If I were capable of being so, I would be offended.
Posts: 23 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

I am offended by your implication that you are above being offended. What, you're better than the rest of us?
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

It is extremely offensive to me when someone singles someone out just because they single themselves out. you are taking away their basic right to be as offensive as possible to others by their aloofness!
rivka
Member # 4859

I think I would be offended by your post . . . if I could parse it.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Parsenally, I am offended that you said that, Rivka.
cochick
Member # 6167

I'm offended by such a dreadful attempt at a joke.
rivka
Member # 4859

>_< So am I!
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am offended that Rivka would think I would come back in any other way other than a lame joke.
ginette
Member # 852

- posted      Profile for ginette   Email ginette         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh come ON Elizabeth! Who do you think you are, Rivka doesn't think about you AT ALL!

Why in the world do you Americans have to think all the time about other people thinking about YOU? I never think about other people, never. It's dangerous and very, very boring.

Posts: 1247 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

WELL!!! There's a nice attitude! Not thinking about others is what got us into this mess in the first place! Offensive!
rivka
Member # 4859

Wait, wait, wait justadarnsecond!
quote:
I am offended that Rivka would think I would come back in any other way other than a lame joke.
Now I'm NOT supposed to give you the benefit of the doubt? The notion offends me.

And ginette, I am offended that you would assume that I don't think about Liz.

rivka
Member # 4859

I am incredibly offended that I seem to have killed the thread! [Eek!]
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, don't flatter yourself. Like you could kill a thread just by posting two posts in a row. Be real.

Jen

Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Oh, really, Jen? Then where was this thread until I revived it, in an attempt to avoid anything to do with politics?? Hmm? I am offended that you think Rivka did NOT kill the thread, when she tried valiantly to do so.

[ November 05, 2004, 05:05 AM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I'm offended that people are trying to kill this thread. Shame on you! [No No]
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.