FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm just the right size - or, the pregnancy thread (Page 8)

This topic comprises 65 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  63  64  65   
Author Topic: I'm just the right size - or, the pregnancy thread
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but he says I can look as long as I don't touch. [Wink]

And my ulterior motive for the harem house is to never have to vacuum or do dishes again. [Razz]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
breyerchic, don't worry, they make bras all the way up to "J"...
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
*giggle*

But at least you'd have some spare boulder-holders! [Big Grin]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
*runs because I have no intention of being pregnant in this decade*

but thanks for the advice

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
Yeah, but he says I can look as long as I don't touch. [Wink]

And my ulterior motive for the harem house is to never have to vacuum or do dishes again. [Razz]

Well, for that we'll need some more husbands. Oh wait! I forgot, I have my slaves...um..er, I mean kids. [Wink]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Jeff vaccums very nicely. And he's learning to do dishes very respectably.

Personally, I will be happy to cook and watch the babies/preschoolers. I'm willing to teach, but not every day. And I like to garden, but I'm allergic to grass...

Anyway, I think we have enough sl... husbands coming that we'd be covered. [Big Grin]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
*runs because I have no intention of being pregnant in this decade*
You'd better cut back on your Hatrack time, then! It's in the water, you know...
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but immaculate conception isn't quite common enough for me to worry, two cases, and I'm outta here.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Adam was pregnant the other day. If it can happen to him... [Razz]
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

uhoh, one more case, then bye bye breyerchic
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Just to announce that my wife is pregnant with our third. She's due in May. [Smile]
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Bye bye Breyerchic! [Wink]

That's great, afr. Congratulations to you and your wife. [Big Grin]

Oh, and May is a great month to be born. The 13th is the best outcome, naturally.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Pffft. The 21st is a far better part of May to be born.
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! Utah babies galore! Beverly in February (right?), me in April, and Mrs. afr in May. Quite the spring season. [Smile]
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup. [Smile]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

that isn't a byebye yet, I'm almost positive this wasn't a virgin conception. Three kids that way just doesn't seem likely. [Wink]
Miriya
Member # 7822

- posted      Profile for Miriya   Email Miriya         Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno... if you look on page 5 of this thread you'll find a post from TomDavidson about his pregnancy woes. [Laugh]

If that doesn't scare you... [Wink]

Posts: 251 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Question: At about how many months did you start wearing maternity clothes?
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miriya
Member # 7822

This has varied for me from pregnancy to pregnancy. This time about 4 months along for pants (waists too tight. Probably started having to wear looser shirts at 5 months.
Posts: 251 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Same here. I remember hearing some joke that when you are pregnant with your first, you start wearing maternity clothes as soon as you can possibly get away with it. With your second, you put it off as long as you can. With the third, your maternity clothes *are* your regular clothes. [Razz]

I was looking pregnant before I "gave in" and went maternity for this one. It was around midway (20 wks) that I finally gave in and just made the switch.

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Last time: 4 or 5 months. This time: 2. [Wall Bash]
Brinestone
Member # 5755

Well, I'm at 4 months now. I'm having a terrible time finding regular pants that fit over my stomach right, but I can't find any maternity clothes small enough. [Frown]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Brinestone, do you have a pair of allover stretch pants? Target sells them, like I said. They fit me after I was pregnant for three or four months, until I finally lost all that weight. So maybe they would work for you?
imogen
Member # 5485

Or could you maybe try quite low hipster pants? I have some that fit *very* low and are actually incredibly comfortable.

You could wear them with a long top, so you're not actually flashing the world. [Smile]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

I don't know what you mean by allover stretch pants, I'm afraid.

The problem with low pants is that I'm simultaneously finding that all my shirts are suddenly too short as they try in vain to make it all the way past my bulging abdomen.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

The all-over stretch pants I have are cut like regular pants (with just a leetle extra in the tummy area-- a tiny smidge) but are made of this incredible fabric that stretches in every direction. So it hangs nicely where you don't need stretch, but stretches just enough to fit all your belly bulge. I can wear them now, just starting to show, and I wore them right up to the day I delivered-- I wore them to the hospital, in fact.
imogen
Member # 5485

Yeah, I think my plan would necessitate buying new shirts as well. [Frown]

Or, you could just steal your husband's. [Smile]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I do that.
Miriya
Member # 7822

Husband shirts are awesome. I live in those at home!

I find that my maternity overalls are more adjustable to varying tummy sizes than regular maternity pants. Actually early on even regular overalls without a cinched waist might do it. I stick to them until my maternity pants don't look baggy. The trick is to find the perfect maternity overalls for your frame (it took me a couple pregnancies of searching).

Of course, if you need a "work look" that might not be okay.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I can't pull off overalls. It's like chunky jewelry-- I just look stupid if I try to wear it.
Miriya
Member # 7822

I don't pull them off particularly well either. I'm five foot nothing and overalls make me look vaguely like one of the seven dwarves.

During pregnancy though, comfort trumps looking goofy. Besides I look like a bowling pin now no matter what I wear. [Wink]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I haven't had a pair of overalls I considered "comfortable" since I was about 12. *sigh* They just really don't work with my body.
Brinestone
Member # 5755

Yeah, I work in an office five days out of the week, so overalls aren't going to do me much good, I'm afraid.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Brinestone, I checked out the label on my wonderful pants, and they're 93% polyester, 7% spandex. I think (but am not sure) they're these. They are super-comfy in all weather under 100 degrees and over about 45, and dress up or down really easily.

They also don't wrinkle. Ever. And they're machine wash warm, dryer-safe.

(Oooh! The brown ones are on sale! And that's my color brown, too!)

Brinestone
Member # 5755

I did look at those pants and thought they looked nice. If my pre-pregnancy size was anywhere between 0 and 4, will a size 6 of those be too big, though?

Also, kq, do you have AIM?

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

In the stores, they come in X-small through XXL. The X-small would probably fit you. (I normally wear a 10-12, and mine are Medium.)

No, I don't have AIM-- only Yahoo.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

(Oh, and if the X-Small pants didn't fit you, they have skirts of the same material and same kind of style that are cut a little smaller-- I end up in a Large. An X-Small in those might be smaller.)
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

A short poem on the joys of morning sickness, in the style of Dr. Seuss (with lots of slant rhymes because it's freakin' 2 in the morning):

Vomit, [Wall Bash] , Repeat

I would like something to eat.
I think it should be something sweet.

Oh, no! that didn't sit quite right;
It's too close to the morning's light.

I do not like this throwing up.
I do not like it, sure enough.

I wonder would some soda help?
Or this hard candy from the shelf?

The candy's got too much of acid
And soda's far too bubbly! Blast it!

Perhaps some Tums? The calcium
Might stop the need in there to run?

No, these Tums make my hands to smell
Like vitamins-- hey, what the frell?

They don't contain a B complex;
Still, the smell does my stomach vex.

I do not like it when it's wet.
I do not like it wetter yet.

I do not like it in the sink.
I do not like it when I drink.

I do not like it when it's dry
And all I do is heave and cry.

I do not like it by the john,
Not even when the food's all gone.

When will it end? This cursed vomit
Just makes me want to yell, "Please stop it!"

It goes away some day, I know.
I wish today was it, but no.

Of course, last time I had to learn
When nausea's gone, comes the heartburn. [Cry]

imogen
Member # 5485

[Frown]

I wish there was some magic Nausea-away spell I could do on you KQ.

Maybe Nixus Naseuam?

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Well, after my stomach was emptied, Tums followed by hard candy did indeed help. I should be able to sleep now.

Good night.

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
AFR, congratulations!! [Smile]

[Party]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Poor kq. *hug*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I can't honestly decide whether the morning sickness was worse last time, when it was really severe and all the time and I lost weight, but could just lay on the bed all day if I needed to, or this time, when it's not quite as severe and much less frequent, and leaves me an eating period during the afternoon/evening, but I have an 18-month-old to chase around.
Theaca
Member # 8325

- posted      Profile for Theaca   Email Theaca         Edit/Delete Post 
Weren't you supposed to start babysitting and tutoring? I was trying to figure out where you could even fit that in.
Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

It's on and off. The one kid refused to do any work with his mom there (well at all, but I thought he would have done it if she'd left), and his mom wouldn't leave. So they aren't coming any more. I'm going to have some teenage clients soon (much easier to deal with!), just for Algebra (easiest subject for me to tutor! Yay!), but they still don't have their books (it's a long story.)
Miriya
Member # 7822

(((kq))) I feel your pain... and I loved the poem. [Smile]
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Samuel's birth story:

My dr. appointment on Friday had a surprising twist! After no change for 3 weeks, I was at 4, almost 5 cm and almost completely thinnned out. Given my history of rapid deliveries, the dr. told me that she honestly felt more comfortable having me go to the hospital that evening. Mr. Opera and I discussed it, and since she was offering an induction without medication (cervical massage was the plan) and I didn't want to give birth somewhere on the highway we decided that it was the best decision. My dr. had said there was no time table on delivery, so I felt very supported and knew she was keeping my desires for labor in mind.

So...we arrived at the hospital at 6 in the evening. I went to go give a urine sample and found some bloody show. My lower back was also achy. My dr. arrived around 7, and found out that I had dilated to 6 cm already...seemed there wasn't going to be much need for massage! Mr. Opera joked that I just wanted to steal the dr.'s thunder.

Contractions were very intense and (lucky me) completely in my back. By 8:00 I was at 8 cm and unable to find any relief during contractions. Anyone who tells you back labor is hell is correct - I was literally driven to my knees with every contraction. At that point I asked for meds and was given morphine to take the edge off. I told Mr. Opera later that if the morphine "took the edge off" I don't even want to imagine what it would have been like without it, as it didn't seem to help at all! I would have to say that my primary impression of Samuel's birth was that it was very primal - I did lots of vocalization and probably made anyone without an epidural down the hall nervous about what was coming. [Wink] Thank goodness the whole thing was only about 3 hours!

Pretty soon I was at 10 and beginning to feel the urge to push. The dr. asked if she could break my water, which I agreed to as I knew it would speed things even more (I can't believe it didn't break earlier!). I have to say that my dr. was absolutely wonderful, as were the nurses who assisted during Samuel's birth. I was never pressured to stay in bed or to push before I was ready, and I was constantly told what a great job I was doing. I'd wish that kind of supportive environment for anyone giving birth. Mr. Opera was great as well, reminding me to keep my vocalizations low and reminding me that my body knew what to do.

Pushing seemed to take forever but was in reality (I think) about 20 minutes or so. Samuel got kind of "stuck" as he crowned and the dr. asked permission to use the vacuum extractor, which we agreed to. At that point she could have asked if a monkey could finish the delivery and I probably would have agreed! Anyway, she used it as I pushed a single time and that was enough to help Samuel's head out. His shoulders took some work, and we soon found out why. The dr.'s first comment was, "Wow! You've got a big baby!" (8 lb. 4 oz.) I ended up with a 2nd degree tear (no episiotomy) which I don't think is too bad - my biggest baby before Samuel only weighed 7 lb. 5 oz.!

All in all it was a beautiful experience that I wouldn't have changed a moment of. While the nurse was helping me clean up I thanked her for her help during the birth and she in turn thanked me and told me that it had been exciting to be there as they have very few "natural" births at the hospital. It made me feel pretty proud. [Smile] Most importantly though, Samuel is healthy and happy and I'm on top of the world.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
divaesefani
Member # 3763

- posted      Profile for divaesefani   Email divaesefani         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay, SO! What a good story. I'm glad your birth went more smoothly than mine. Welcome to the world, Baby Samuel! You will be well loved.
Posts: 161 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!!!! [Party]
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Back labor is a special kind of miserable. Congrats on no episiotomy - that was the part of giving birth I was most nervous about (of course, you don't get one when you have a C-Section).

quote:
At that point she could have asked if a monkey could finish the delivery and I probably would have agreed!
[ROFL]

I'm just so happy for you, Space Opera. I remember when they thought he was going to come early! Just goes to show that babies have their own schedules.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 65 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  63  64  65   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.