FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The movie quote game (Page 29)

This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  ...  48  49  50   
Author Topic: The movie quote game
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
20: Dead men wear plaid.
3: George of the Jungle? Lion king just doesn't sound right.
14: Attack of the Killer Tomatos II

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dan_raven:
20: Dead men wear plaid.

Funny; I always thought Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Dan, you got 0 right.

Nighthawk: 3
Princess Leah: 3
vonk: 2
Luet: 1 (Lion King it is)
SenojRetep: 1 (wrong on 19)
Altariel: 1

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altáriël of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altáriël of Dorthonion   Email Altáriël of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Isnt' 16 from Coming to America with Eddie Murphy? I've seen that movie too many times. >.<;;
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
47 more minutes... ***grumble***
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altáriël of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altáriël of Dorthonion   Email Altáriël of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
1. Don't fight it son. Confess quickly! If you hold out too long you could jeopardize your credit rating.
I don't know where this is from, but for some reason in my mind I hear it with the voice of Sarge from Red vs Blue.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Alty, you're right on 16. 1 is rough, I'll be surprised if anyone gets it. Class is starting, I'll update it later.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

I do... 30 more minutes... ARGH!
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

1: Brazil (One of my favorite movies of all time)
9: The Exorcist

I verified myself on two others and I was wrong, so I'm done.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Curse you I just sat down to view the forums!

12: Space Cowboys?

Everything else I knew has been taken! GAH!

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
2. Any Given Sunday
4. Return of the Jedi! C'mon people!
9. The Exorcist

Quick question, if you make three initial guesses and one is wrong or a duplicate, do you get to make another guess, or do you still have to wait?

Edit: Also, I guess I should go ahead and check what other people have answered so I'll stop making dupe answers

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

3 points per 3 hours, hows that sound?
vonk
Member # 9027

Sounds like what the rules say at the top of your list, which I should have read before typing. [Embarrassed] In which case I will answer again with Jerry McGuire(sp?) for numero 15.
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

Already been guessed. Nighthawk seems to have you number [Wink] .

The last 5 aren't that hard really. I'll post hints later tonight or tomorrow morning if they haven't been guessed.

Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Altáriël of Dorthonion:
11.) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves

I'm in animation, I should know. [Wink]

OH! Shame on me for not getting that straight away, being the world's greatest Disney freak! [Razz]

I could even hear his voice, and everything! I just couldn't quite place it...

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiantReturns
Member # 9349

- posted      Profile for GiantReturns   Email GiantReturns         Edit/Delete Post 
19. The Departed
Posts: 29 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

Blast you Nighthawk and your stealing all of my answers!

So where's the hints? I haven't made a list in a long time.

Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

Here are some really easy hints:

7 - At Universal Studios Orlando, the ride based off of this movie is right near the ride based off of quote #5.

12 - The rest of the line is "The astronomer, or the paleontologist, gets to study these amazing things from a place of complete safety." Also, its in a series, and you have to get the number right as well for it to count.

13 - Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman.

14 - Dustin Hoffman cross dressing.

vonk
Member # 9027

12 - Jurassic Park III
13 - Rain Man
14 - Tootsie

Man, wouldn't have needed the original quotes, these hints are good enough.

libertygirl
Member # 8761

- posted      Profile for libertygirl   Email libertygirl         Edit/Delete Post 
7- The mummy?
Posts: 143 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

I looked up #7 earlier, so I can't answer it now. So it seems Vonk won. So be it! Next!
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

Vonk wins! 7 is Twister

I knew my hints were too easy [Smile] . I'm always horrible at hinting. Oh well.

Prepare your list!

vonk
Member # 9027

Hoorah! Alright, how about 3 correct guesses every 1 hour. Some of these should be pretty easy, but there may be a couple of tough ones, so good luck!

1. They all just watched as Kitty was being stabbed to death in broad daylight. They watched as her assailant walked away. Now, we must all fear evil men. -- Boondock Saints - Nighthawk

2. Well, I've been to one world fair, a picnic, and a rodeo, and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard come over a set of earphones -- Dr. Strangelove - Dr. Strangelove

3. Wonderful! Magnificent! Glorious!... Punctual. -- Aladdin - Jeesh

4. - By the way, that's a shame about your face.
- There's nothing the matter with my face. I got character.
-- Cry Baby - Flaming Toad on a Stick

5. - I'm an integrationist. We shall overcome someday.
- Not with that hair, you won't.
-- Hairspray - SenojRetep

6. And my little sister Chrissy, for teaching me that life is nothing if you're not obsessed.

7. Danbury wasn't a prison, it was a crime school. I went in with a Bachelor of marijuana, came out with a Doctorate of cocaine. -- Blow - TheGrimace

8. I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave. -- The Labyrinth - TheGrimace

9. When my brothers and I played cowboys and Indians, I was always the Chinese railroad worker. -- Death to Smoochy - TheGrimace

10. I hope you bring cocktail sauce. She's got the crabs dear and I don't mean Dungeness. -- Mrs. Doubtfire - Nighthawk

11. Let this sleepin' dog lie, son. Dog-gone it, I'm dog tired. I'm tired of leading the dog's life and fightin' likes cats and dogs against cats and dogs, a young pup's doggin' my trail tryin' to become top dog. I'm going to the dogs in a dog eat dog world, son. I... I'm so far over the hill... I'm on the bottom of the other side. -- Fievel Goes West - SenojRetep

12. - It will be Terry's job to give the actors their hand cue.
- Excuse me, Russel, but I believe I requested the hand job...
-- Wayne's World - Princess Leah

13. I'm not kidding, that boy's head is like Sputnik; spherical but quite pointy at parts! Now that was offsides, wasn't it? He'll be crying himself to sleep tonight, on his huge pillow. -- So I Married an Axe Murderer - SenojRetep

14. And Man said, 'Let there be light'. And He was blessed by light, heat, magnetism, gravity, and all the energies of the universe. -- The Animatrix - Nighthawk

15. Don't worry, siblings. We'll sell that nice man a box of cookies, or die trying. Or try dying. Or do some tie-dyeing. -- The Animaniacs - Flaming Toad on a Stick

16. We don't really move, we'd like to but...my mom is sort of attached to the house. Attached isn't really the right word, she's pretty much wedged in. -- What's Eating Gilbert Grape - Princess Leah

17. The weekend has landed. All that exists now is clubs, drugs, pubs and parties. I've got 48 hours off from the world man. I'm gonna blow steam out of my head like a screaming kettle. -- Human Traffic - Flaming Toad on a Stick

18. FYI man, alright. You could sit at home, and do like absolutely nothing, and your name goes through like 17 computers a day. 1984? Yeah right, man. That's a typo. Orwell is here now. He's livin' large. We have no names, man. No names. We are nameless! -- Hackers - TheGrimace

19. Here are just a few of the key ingredients: dynamite, pole vaulting, laughing gas, choppers - can you see how incredible this is going to be? - hang gliding, come on! -- Bottlerocket - Wussy Actor

20. Anybody interested in grabbing a couple of burgers and hittin' the cemetery? -- The Royal Tenenbaums - Princess Leah

TheGrimace - 4
Princess Leah - 3
Nighthawk - 3
SenojRetep - 3
Flaming Toad on a Stick - 3
Jeesh - 1
Dr Strangelove - 1
Wussy Actor - 1

[ December 06, 2006, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: vonk ]

Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
12. Wayne's World

16. What's Eating Gilber Grape?

20. The Royal Tenanbaums.

Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

Well done!
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

*sigh*

2: Dr Strangelove.

That's the only one I'll do, since I just won, but I can't let any quote from my movie go unanswered.

TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
18 : hackers, I should be back shortly with 8 and 9 also
Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

Well it's not my fault you chose one of my favorite movies for your screen name.
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
8: Labarynth

9: Death to Smoochy

took a minute for those to fully click

Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

Excellent!
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
3. Alladin
Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
13) So I Married an Axe Murderer
Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

11) Fievel Goes West (from page 10 of this thread)
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

quote:
Originally posted by vonk:
Well it's not my fault you chose one of my favorite movies for your screen name.

Ditto.
vonk
Member # 9027

quote:
Originally posted by SenojRetep:
11) Fievel Goes West (from page 10 of this thread)

Oops. Oh well, it would take too long to check my list against every other list here. There's bound to be repeats.
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

1) Boondock Saints (Christ, how many times has that movie come up here?)
vonk
Member # 9027

Next time there's gonna be a rule that if you diss the list, you don't get the point. [Razz]
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

*ehm* Hints?
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

7) Blow
vonk
Member # 9027

quote:
*ehm* Hints?
Oh! I'm sorry, the weekend got carried away and I plum forgot. Here we go...

Number 4 has the same director as number 5 and the same lead character as number 7.

Number 5 has the same director as number 4 and features Sonny Bono and Ricki Lake!

Number 6 stars a trigger happy Eddie F. with Christina R.

Number 10 has one of the lead actors in number 3 featured in drag.

Number 14 is part of a series, but not really. It falls somewhere between the first and second of the trilogy, and is animated.

Number 15 is also animated and based on an animation that was something of a sketch show for animation. And it has maniacs.

Number 17 is a british hit pertaining to a popular counter culture that is also very popular in america. If you aren't a part of this counterculture, or have friends that are, you probably haven't seen the movie.

Number 19 is directed by the same guy that directed number 20, with two of the same lead actors.

If these hints aren't good enough, there shall be more. If they are more than adequate, well then, you're welcome.

Nighthawk
Member # 4176

10: Mrs. Doubtfire
14: Animatrix? Never seen it myself.

Otherwise, your hints are confusing as hell. Well done! [Wink]

vonk
Member # 9027

[Big Grin]

Edit: Also, you are correct on both.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Bah I missed the entire round!

I am going to be the veritable vulture on whoever posts the next list.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

You can still win if you guess all of the rest correctly.
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
19. Rushmore
Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
8 is The Cry-Baby
17 is Human Traffic
15 is Animaniacs. I can't believe no one got that one.

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

4) Hairspray
vonk
Member # 9027

Princess Leah - very close, but, sorry, no. Right director, wrong lead actor. Your guess does have one actor in common with the correct answer, though.

Flaming Toad on a Stick - you got the number for the first one wrong, and I would count it, but that would automatically give the correct answer to...

SenojRetep - you got the number/movie wrong. I would go ahead and count it, but it is so similar to another movie on the list that I'm not sure if you got the movie wrong or the number.

That should clear things up...

Wussy Actor
Member # 5937

- posted      Profile for Wussy Actor   Email Wussy Actor         Edit/Delete Post 
19 - Bottle Rocket
Posts: 288 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

5) Hairspray (oops)
  This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  ...  48  49  50   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.