FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Lost Season 3 Discussion - Spoilers Galore! (Page 11)

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Lost Season 3 Discussion - Spoilers Galore!
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
I think to kill Ben you'd have to cut of his head before he speaks, so he can't ensorcell you. You must then burn the head and body in different fires for 24 hours, then spread the ashes to the four winds.

I think Juliette started out good, and has been pushed past her limits. I hope she gets a chance at redemption.

Also, she's the cutest one left alive, so I hope she sticks around for a while. Preferably with more mud wrestling.

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Liz, Cow-- You're right about Ben needing to be taken out quickly. I think I would be satisfied if he could be made to suffer and still live, though. Know what I'd really like to see? The French Woman kick his child-stealing bahookie.

And I don't want Juliette to die. She could be completely redeemed in my eyes by means of a good fish-slapping (Or, *waves to Cow* a nice dirty girlfight in which she is soundly beaten, but recovers) and a change of her ways.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reader
Member # 3636

- posted      Profile for The Reader   Email The Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
So, halibut is the latest hi-tech torture tool. [Angst]

Juliet will probably get her redemption. TV never allows people with sick siblings/spouses to become bad and never be good again. I don't care if this is Lost.

The teaser for the next episode leads me to think that someone from Dharma will "visit." Their communication has been cut off, so someone on the outside is going to want to know why no one is ordering supplies, and where their contacts have gone. I don't think it is going to get better for the castaways.

Posts: 684 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed this week's episode, mainly because I like Desmond so much. I'm interested to know who this new person is and what she means for the people on the island.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Was it really a surprise that it wasn't Penny in the chopper? I mean...why the heck would she be reading Catch 22 in some other language? And why wouldn't Desmond or any of the other guys question that fact?

Anyone know what language that was?

I feel bad for Jack. Kate is off screwing Sawyer and Jack is getting closer to the chick that's stabbing them all in the back.

Did anyone notice the brief shot of the picture on that one head monk's desk at the end of the episode? It looked like he was standing with an elderly lady in the picture. She looked sort of like the lady from the ring shop in Desmond's flashback, but I couldn't tell, it was so fast. Anyone have it Tivoed?

Man...I'm glad Desmond DIDN'T learn the value of sacrifice.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Me too. I was really worried that Charlie would die. I liked this episode though. I love Desmond (not only because of his accent. I have a thing for Scottish men, hence why I'm going to Scotland for a semester. But that's not the point). He's such an interesting character, and we know almost nothing about him. Plus, how many women was he actually engaged to? I really just can't keep up with his many women.

Also, and my friend pointed this out, did any of you see the picture that was on the head monk's desk? It was a picture of him and a woman, and I do believe that said woman was the same woman who refused to sell Desmond the ring for Penny. Discuss

I still think that Juliet isn't all that bad. Her face when she told Jack that Ben would let her go home was too convincing for me. She's just trying to save her own skin, and Ben is forcing her to do something that she doesn't entirely agree with. But if it will get her off the island, I think she'll do anything to see her sister and nephew again.

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Obviously not Penny, since they said her name like fifty times. That must be a tv show rule. I really like Sawyer, and Kate's still annoying.

I liked the episode a lot, but still ended up feeling annoyed at most of the people in the show. [Smile]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RackhamsRazor
Member # 5254

- posted      Profile for RackhamsRazor   Email RackhamsRazor         Edit/Delete Post 
Ardil 22 is Catch 22 in Portuguese from what I can gather. I read on one website that apparently the men working for Penny at the end of season 2 were Portuguese.
Posts: 306 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

Evie, were you replying to me or pfresh? cause I think you missed the part where I mention the picture!

RR, I had assumed that whoever *was* really in the chopper was someone Penny sent. Otherwise why would they have Desmond's picture?

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

And didn't the woman say "Desmond?" It sounded like she did. So it looks like she was looking for him. I could have misheard though.

I did see the woman in the picture, but for some reason my brain didn't connect her to the one from the ring shop. Interesting if that is the connection.

Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reshpeckobiggle
Member # 8947

- posted      Profile for Reshpeckobiggle   Email Reshpeckobiggle         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gecko:
They need to get Desmond back into the plot, he's my favorite character, brotha

Ask and you shall receive...
Posts: 1286 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
All I can think of when I hear a Scottish accent is Groundskeeper Willie.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
I heard her say Desmond too. By the look on his face, was there some recognition there or no?
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Any episode with Hurley in it is a good episode.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
Sawyer killed me with his one liners on this ep. The "favorite others" joke really made me laugh.
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

What if Kate gets pregnant with Sawyers baby?? I didn't see any condoms on that island.
pfresh85
Member # 8085

And if Kate gets pregnant, will she befall the same fate as the other women who get pregnant on the island?
kojabu
Member # 8042

It looks like next week Sun's going to ask those same questions about herself.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Frisco:
All I can think of when I hear a Scottish accent is Groundskeeper Willie.

And it almost succeeds in making him hot. [Wink]

I like Desmond, and not just for the accent. Though, one of these days I'm going to duct tape a Scotsman to my wall and make him talk whenever I want...

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Strider, I didn't see your post.

And yes, the woman definitely said Desmond and was reading Catch-22.

I don't think we have to worry about Kate getting pregnant. That storyline has already been used. It would just be redundant

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Evie3217:

I don't think we have to worry about Kate getting pregnant. That storyline has already been used. It would just be redundant

If that really worked I would think that all pregnancies in real life would be planned [Wink]
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reshpeckobiggle
Member # 8947

- posted      Profile for Reshpeckobiggle   Email Reshpeckobiggle         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by brojack17:
Sawyer killed me with his one liners on this ep. The "favorite others" joke really made me laugh.

How did it go? "What, are you two arguing over who's your favorite other?"

Laughed for days over that. Sawyer is the best,

Posts: 1286 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Laughed for days over that
Hasn't only one day passed since the episode aired? [Wink]
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Leonide:
quote:
Laughed for days over that
Hasn't only one day passed since the episode aired? [Wink]
Maybe Resh is experiencing Desmond-esque flashes into the future. He actually saw the one liner last week, but couldn't tell anyone about it until the episode aired for fear it would change the dialogue.
Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by pfresh85:
And if Kate gets pregnant, will she befall the same fate as the other women who get pregnant on the island?

Considering that the first three seasons have only covered what 90 days or less, even if Kate does get pregnant she/we won't likely know about it until well into the 5th season of the show.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

awesome.

Even though I wasn't surprised at all that Locke's dad was the real Sawyer, I still enjoyed every minute of it.

Here are some interesting thoughts, which I will preface by saying I don't really think I believe them, but it's a theory. So after last week's episode I jokingly made up a theory that the chick who parachuted out of the helicopter was a plant by the others. I thought it was a bit of stretch how far away the helicopter seemed when it crashed in relation to how far she parachuted. So to explain it I said that she must be a plant.

Okay, anyway, I didn't believe it at all till this episode where Sayid becomes instantly suspicious(it's in his nature, i know). And then at the end, Juliette wants to let Kate in on whatever secret Jack and her have between them. So what is it? Has Juliette told Jack everything about Ben's plan? Do they have a plan for when the Others come? My question is, why right then did Juliette decide they needed to tell Kate whatever it is they know? Is it because they know that this new chick is a plant? Or simply because Kate is trusting Jack and Juliette wants to trust Kate with their knowledge at the same time. Like I said, I'm not backing this theory, but it was on my mind. She obviously knows all this information about Penny and Desmond, and has his picture and all of it makes sense with what we know is going on off the island.

Some other thoughts.

What is Rousseau getting dynamite for?

How DID they get Locke's dad to the island? Did they orchestrate his accident, drug him, and transport him to the island? How did the transportation occur? How are they communicating with the outside world? They've been throwing out these hints that they're dead, which I don't buy at all. But then who set up a bogus plane with bogus bodies? and how?

Also, if they got Locke's dad to the island without a submarine, in record time, how are they REALLY transporting people to the island? Was the submarine a big sham set up to trick people into thinking that they were getting to the island by natural means. And that's why they drug everyone and tell them they're doing it because it's "going to be bumpy" or whatever it is they said. And there really is some crazy supernatural explanation for it.

Going back to last week. How is the Russian still alive? When Naomi said she wasn't alone did she mean the place where she took off from in the helicopter? And who is the Russian going to tell that information to and what are they going to do with it?

Next week's preview looked pretty awesome. I'm thinking we learn a lot of specifics about Dharma and The Others if Ben really does show Locke some major secrets about the island. I was also told whose episode is next week.

SPOILERS
It's a Ben flashback!
So yeah, it should be pretty awesome. I like the way they did Locke's episode with flashbacks only from the Island.

[ May 03, 2007, 02:26 AM: Message edited by: Strider ]

Strider
Member # 1807

oh...when do we find out more about this Jacob character?
Roseauthor
Member # 148

- posted      Profile for Roseauthor   Email Roseauthor         Edit/Delete Post 
how about keeping it simple.

The writers don't know what they're going to come up with amymore than you can suggest. It's all guess work with the audience and the writers.

I'm just waiting for Kate to be pregnant now. I just expect it. (Maybe it will make Jack more interesting. So far he bores an annoys me.)

Posts: 163 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, oh goodness, I watched last week's episode late, and then with the forum down I got confused and read this thread thinking the new discussion would be about last week's episode. I got halfway through Strider's post before I figured it out.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Locke's father (Kevin Tighe) had a telling line:"last week I was driving along on the freeway, and now I'm locked in the brig of a pirate ship in the middle of a jungle. Isn't it obvious where we are?" Hell, as he says later.

And it was bizarre that a plane and bodies were found elsewhere. So not only are they off the plane's course, nobody but Penny is looking for them anyway because everyone thinks they're dead. Or maybe they are, and are in Limbo, or Hell. Although I think the producers ruled that out last year.

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Strider:
oh...when do we find out more about this Jacob character?

Jacob is the great-great-grandson of Milos Rambaldi.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
So can we start refering to Juilette as "Undercover Other"?
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

The only people they've heard the plane crash theory from are helicopter girl and Locke's father. If the helicopter girl is a plant, she could very well be lying. Locke's father could be as well. The father seems like the king of guy who would willing say something like that just to mess with their heads.
pfresh85
Member # 8085

I just think the whole "this is Hell" thing is just a way to misdirect people. I mean it could explain how some of the people got there (the people who crashed, Locke's father, etc.), but it doesn't explain how some people go back and forth between the real world and the island. It also doesn't explain how the DHARMA Initiative could set up labs and teams there and all. I mean how does one go about setting up labs in Hell? It just seems like it's an attempt to mislead people. I'm looking forward to next week though. In the preview I saw a sign that said "Namaste. DHARMA Initiative" as well as a black screen that said "Roger Work Man" (whatever that means). It should be interesting though.
Morbo
Member # 5309

quote:
Originally posted by Strider:
Next week's preview looked pretty awesome. I'm thinking we learn a lot of specifics about Dharma and The Others if Ben really does show Locke some major secrets about the island. I was also told whose episode is next week.

Don't bet on getting many specifics. The writers thrive on slowly dragging out the solid facts.
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

I misspoke by calling Tighe's quote "telling"--I don't believe they are in Hell or Limbo.

I'm trying not to get sucked into Lost too much, but it is a fascinating show and mystery.

Last night I found a good .jpg of the blast hatch map of the island that Locke saw when the lights went out:
http://lostpedia.com/images/9/9f/Dharma_stations.jpg

It has the Latin line "Liberte te ex inferis"="Save yourself from Hell".

And that old favorite of mapmakers "Hic sunt dracones"= "Here be dragons."

Also a weird video from the Lost Experience: http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Sri_Lanka_Video

Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by The Pixiest:
So can we start refering to Juilette as "Undercover Other"?

...midnight fantasy...
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a bad feeling that, as The Guy Who Makes Everyone Feel Okay, Hurley is in for a bad end at some indeterminate point in the future when one of the writers needs to make the point that Things Have Gotten Really Bad Now.
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
The show would be much less watchable without Hurly. And think of the quotes we'd lose!

Hurly mustn't die. Do you hear me, writers? Oh, and dude, you've got some Arnst on you.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

I vote for them to bring Michael back and kill him.
Morbo
Member # 5309

I can see Hurley's death scene now:
"Dude, where's my spleen?"

The Reader
Member # 3636

- posted      Profile for The Reader   Email The Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
Once Locke's Dad showed himself to be a thorough conman (rather than a jerk that just needed a kidney), it wasn't a far stretch to imagine that he was the Real Sawyer.

Naomi said that plane had crashed off the coast of Bali. That means the plane was flying in the opposite direction it should have been going when it crashed. I think that it is either a dummy plane or that Naomi and Locke's Dad are lying, which is more believable.

pfresh85, "Roger Work Man" was on the nametag of the corpse in the Hippy Van. I hope we see more of that van.

Posts: 684 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

Ah, thanks for pointing that out for me, The Reader. I remembered the name from somewhere, but I couldn't place it. Now I can vividly see it though. Thanks. [Smile]
The Reader
Member # 3636

You're welcome. [Smile] Somehow, that VW van is going to become a major plotline. Lost has a way of doing that.
Roseauthor
Member # 148

- posted      Profile for Roseauthor   Email Roseauthor         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, far fetched idea: What if they're all in a group lucid dream/coma. Nice science experiment eh? heh
Posts: 163 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

quote:
pfresh85, "Roger Work Man" was on the nametag of the corpse in the Hippy Van. I hope we see more of that van.
if you payed attention during the preview for next week you'd know we'd be seeing more VW vans in general!

I had found a website that had still shots of next week's preview, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I stilol think the van episodw had more to do with it than they want us to think.

"Dharma" is "the way," the correct way to live while on earth.

At the end of that episode, the song "On the Road to Shambhala"(Shangrila), which is a place everyone is looking for, and no one ever finds. At least, those who go searching for it never return. Once you are in, you can;t get out. (says the legend)There are many side legends attached to the legend.

Maybe the point is more that the island is heaven, but that heaven is really a lot like, well, hell.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by The Reader:
Once Locke's Dad showed himself to be a thorough conman (rather than a jerk that just needed a kidney), it wasn't a far stretch to imagine that he was the Real Sawyer.

It wasn't just that. Ford/Sawyer pulled the same exact con that Cooper/Sawyer pulled. And the whole, "Oops, you weren't supposed to see that", which was an integral part of that con, was exactly what Cooper said to Locke when he "accidentally" hadn't finished his dialysis that time when Locke came to visit.
Roseauthor
Member # 148

I don't think they, (the writers), can kill Hurley ... it would remove a large audience base. That would be like killing Sawyer or Jack, (Although, I think they could kill Jack off and not a lose anything. Yet, I'm the minority on that character.)

Bringing back removed or dead people ... that would continue the mystery. I vote for the latter.

However, I WILL not invest emotional energy into any scenario on a television show. Again, ... the writers don't have a clue as to what they're going to do next and to inject some logical story line, (a plan), into this is illogical.

Just enjoy the journey!

The Reader
Member # 3636

quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
quote:
Originally posted by The Reader:

It wasn't just that. Ford/Sawyer pulled the same exact con that Cooper/Sawyer pulled. And the whole, "Oops, you weren't supposed to see that", which was an integral part of that con, was exactly what Cooper said to Locke when he "accidentally" hadn't finished his dialysis that time when Locke came to visit.
Cons are too complicated for me to wrap my head around. That makes enough sense for me to believe.

Originally posted by Roseauthor
quote:
I don't think they, (the writers), can kill Hurley ... it would remove a large audience base. That would be like killing Sawyer or Jack, (Although, I think they could kill Jack off and not a lose anything. Yet, I'm the minority on that character.)

Bringing back removed or dead people ... that would continue the mystery. I vote for the latter.

However, I WILL not invest emotional energy into any scenario on a television show. Again, ... the writers don't have a clue as to what they're going to do next and to inject some logical story line, (a plan), into this is illogical.

I used to think that the writers didn't know where they were going, but now I do. I have looked back among the current season and so many of the points make sense, in the Lost world anyway. I have smacked my forehead in a "well, duh" moment many times this season when something occured that should have been obvious to me earlier. This may also happen because I don't pay enough attention.

Rather than each episode containing three acts, each season seems to be arranged into acts, with an episode introducing one or more new points without resolving old ones, and some are never finished. This arrangement always keeps a mystery going. This process has flopped badly. The second season didn't live up to what was expected, even though it was still one the better shows on TV, IMHO. Season 2 provoked a "what the heck?" sensation because the writers reached to far. They have salvaged the show very well though. The mysteries are meaty again, and the characters are much better.

quote:
Just enjoy the journey!
We all do. [Smile]
  This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.