FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Heroes: II (Page 4)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Heroes: II
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
They are taking up way to much time with the twins. Time I could be watching SarkSamurai or Mohinder.

I bet Mohinder smells really good.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe if he'd just stand on the set and not talk, I could abide him. Smelling good-- bonus! [Smile]

(I can't stand Mohinder.)

I was underwhelmed last night. I continue to not see why this show is such a big deal. Especially stupid-- "The man with the horn-rimmed glasses..."

dun-dun-duuuuuuunh.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, that was stupid. Last night was pretty disappointing overall. Peter was stupid, the twins are pointless and annoying, Claire's new boyfriend was even stupider and more annoying . . .

I'm not feeling very confident about this season.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think I'm watching anymore. The last five episodes or so have been incredibly disappointing.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Mr Reed from Enterprise was on yay!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
Eh. I'll rate this episode as "not bad enough to quit watching -- barely." It reminds me of this point last season. I don't think the writers know how to maintain a fulfilling story arc. Things just aren't progressing.

1. The Spanish twins need to actually do something or die. I just don't care about them right now. They have nothing to do with anything. Plus, they make me read subtitles. I mean, I'm willing to do it for Hiro but these two don't even say anything interesting.

2. What was up with Syler? I mean, I knew they were going to bring him back this season but I have two huge problems with his re-entry. One, it was obvious he was going to kill illusion chick (and yeah, she's dead -- we wouldn't have seen her fat until she was dead). So half of me was wondering, "How stupid can she be?" But the other half of me is wondering whether the show is being inconsistent. Either he has powers or he doesn't, but he seems to have half his power -- the power to kill without being able to actually use what he figured out about how the power worked.

3. I love Hiro, but I want him back in our time. I'm very so-so about the 1671 storyline.

4. Nikki came back! Argh! At least she didn't do much except get sick.

5. Why is Peter using his powers to steal? And the whole amnesia thing is so cliche it almost hurts. It's almost like they made him too powerful and the only way they can think to undo some of that is to make him have to relearn his power. They *did* make him too powerful.

I think fly boy is the only thing I actually liked out of this episode -- and no one else seems to be with me on that one. I was just glad he finally came out and told Claire.

Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholar
Member # 9232

- posted      Profile for scholar   Email scholar         Edit/Delete Post 
The twins are annoying because they aren't progressing. My husband, who doesn't really watch the show was like, so, are they any more interesting in the US. So, I had to tell him they were still not here. He just groaned. Get to the US already!!!
Posts: 1001 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Sylar never had a specific "power to kill"—he just used his other powers to kill. And this time he just smashed her in the side of the head with something.

I think Peter's story is not the only one so cliche it hurts—so is Hiro's. Which leaves the show . . . where, exactly?

[ October 09, 2007, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: Jon Boy ]

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Christine:
I think fly boy is the only thing I actually liked out of this episode -- and no one else seems to be with me on that one. I was just glad he finally came out and told Claire.

<--- someone
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Elmer's Glue:
I'm hoping the twin's story goes somewhere. And how lame is the product placement? They drive off in a Nissan Rogue?!

Wasn't that Claire's Nissan Rogue?
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
I think flyboy is adorable. He's such a teenager.
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slim
Member # 2334

- posted      Profile for Slim   Email Slim         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, yes. I loved this episode. I like the suspense. I can't say yet whither it is better than the 1st season or not, but to those who complain about the slow-moving plot, remember last season?

Episode 1: Issac paints the future with a bomb exploding in New York.
Episode 2: Hiro goes to the future, and learns a bomb explodes in New York on November 8th. (and the present is October 2nd)
Episode 5: "Save the Cheerleader, save the world"
Episode 9: Isaac paints an exploding man. Peter saves the Cheerleader
Episode 11: Peter fears he's the exploding man.
Episode 20: Peter (in an alternate future) was the exploding man, but everyone thought it was Sylar.
Episode 22: Peter and Sylar both take Ted's exploding man power.
Episode 23: They stop an exploding man.

Even though all the episodes were good, there were about 8 episodes of what some may call "actual plot."

Anyway...

Peter: Just open the box already!!!

Twins: *gasp* She was trying to kill that dude, wasn't she!? Maybe she really is EVIL!!!

Niki: She's back? *groan* ...So she wants to be cured, but she has to do "something" first, huh? Too bad about DL, though.

Flying kid/Claire: They both seem excited to meet someone else with powers. I'm sure the romance will die once they realize they have nothing else in common. Oh, wait, I forgot. People who hate each other at first always end up falling in love.

The Painting: !!! - I was expecting one for each of the remaining living group that was being killed off one by one (minus the killer) -- But then does that mean Noah is part of that group................?

Sylar: Yes! Sylar's back! But unable to reach civilization ... he may have to come to terms with his psychotic killer habit. But of course his part leaves a lot of questions --
1. Did he really kill Candace, or was that an illusion?
2. Was/is Candace only making him think he lost his powers with her illusions, or does he have the power-stopping disease?
3. Why does The Company (I assume) want him alive? They wanted him alive when they captured him last time, too. ...
4. Now that he's stranded with no powers, what will he do?! Maybe this is what The Company wants, for him to survive on his own without using other people's powers? Straighten him out or something? ...
5. etc.

Posts: 172 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mrs.M:
I bet Mohinder smells really good.

Mmm... thanks for the good mental image. [Smile]
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Slim: You're forgetting that the writers aren't putting that much complexity/intricacy into this season.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
What could Claire possibly see in West? He's a jerk and he's a stalker/peeping tom. The connection with Noah and West was interesting, but from the painting it looks like its going to get HRG killed..
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

HRG is a character I sorta like, too.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Phanto:
HRG is a character I sorta like, too.

I like the character, but I really have almost no interest in his family situation. As far as I'm concerned, that storyline was pretty much played out after the episode "Company Man" (which was one of my favorite of the series). There was an interesting story, but it seems like it's pretty much concluded and all that's left is more of the "we're in hiding now" episodes. Maybe they'll prove me wrong, but right now I just don't see much there that's particularly interesting.

Edit:

As far as plot goes, I can sort of agree with you, but there's more to a tv show than simply plot. For most of the first season, there was an atmosphere and presentation that made the plot elements so much more engaging, and a lot of this seems to have disappeared from the show. I know that they can't keep up the whole mystery atmosphere forever, but right now it seems like it's becoming more and more like a run of the mill show about people with super powers.

Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What could Claire possibly see in West?
Father figure. Who else flies but her real father?
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

quote:
What could Claire possibly see in West? He's a jerk and he's a stalker/peeping tom. The connection with Noah and West was interesting, but from the painting it looks like its going to get HRG killed..

Claire probably sees a lot in him. What has she wanted forever now? To fit in. She thinks she's a freak and doesn't like being one of a kind. That's why she gravitated towards her Uncle Peter, but he's absent now. And she was never exactly going to have a relationship with her biological parents. So here's this kid, kinda cute, like her, and more than that -- he doesn't want her to hide who she is but take pride in who she is. He's also smart. He had her figured out right away and then spent his time trying to get her to admit it. Yeah, I'm not entirely thrilled with his peeping tom approach but I understand it. This kid's probably never met anyone else like him either and he was fascinated/curious. Honestly, I think people are dismissing him way to easily for a couple of minor snooping transgressions.
Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone else notice that Peter now has a "godsend" tatoo on his arm that appears and disappears the way Nikki/Jessica's tatoo appeared and disappeared in the first season?

Peter met Nikki in the final battle last season before he blew up. We know he picked up her super strength but it now appears that he may have picked up her split personality as well. I wonder what direction they are going to go with that.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slim
Member # 2334

- posted      Profile for Slim   Email Slim         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Phanto:
Slim: You're forgetting that the writers aren't putting that much complexity/intricacy into this season.

Maybe not, but what if they are? I think it's too early to tell. Heck, I'm not even sure what the main story arc for this season is supposed to be. The Disease? Dearth Hoodie? Kensei? Bringing The Company down?

I'll save final judgment until the series is over. All I'm saying is so far I like it.

Posts: 172 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
Edit: Duplicate post.... Sorry!
Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Carrie:
quote:
I'm hoping the twin's story goes somewhere. And how lame is the product placement? They drive off in a Nissan Rogue?!

Wasn't that Claire's Nissan Rogue?
I hadn't considered that, but it is a distinct possibility.

Regarding Peter's tatoo, I assumed he had the 'godsend' tattoo since that's what his necklace had on it, and they simply included it as part of his 'scottish gang' tattoo. But then, of course, it disappeared because of his healing powers....

Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by The Rabbit:
Did anyone else notice that Peter now has a "godsend" tatoo on his arm that appears and disappears the way Nikki/Jessica's tatoo appeared and disappeared in the first season?

Um... no. I think you're mistaken. When he got that tatoo (and all I could think was, "His body pushes bullets out, and you think ink is going to stay?"), it almost immediately started to fade. It faded partially, until all that was left was the godsend symbol, and then that faded as well.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

Unfortunately, I'm not sure we've seen then end of Jessie. They never explained what her power was, and I wondered if it was the power of possession.
Lisa
Member # 8384

Who is Jessie?
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
In response to an earlier question, yes it was Claire's Nissan Rogue, but every major car from now on will be a Nissan Rogue. This is because it has replaced the Nissan Versa from the first season... at least the product placement isn't as bad. The first season during the exchange between the rental place and Hiro they said versa like 20 times.

Edit: You can tell it is Claire's because it has a Go Conquistadors sticker.

Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

The Versa wasn't the only new Nissan featured in the show. I remember seeing at least two or three more.

Aha! The Bennets had an Armada, Claire's friend Zach drove a Quest, and Mohinder had a Sentra.

AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
I noticed the sticker, but my only thought was that it was in poor taste in Mexico. I suppose her part of California isn't that far from the part of Mexico the twins were in?
Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by AvidReader:
I noticed the sticker, but my only thought was that it was in poor taste in Mexico.

Heh. Same here.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
I completely missed that it was Claire's car and that it even had a sticker. Thanks for pointing it out! I guess this means that Maya and Alejandro will be running into Claire at some point. I'd be interested to see if Maya can even infect Claire, and I bet she can't kill her. Also, is Maya the source of the disease killing all the heroes, and can Alejandro suck any disease out of people, or only Maya's disease?
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
"The Nissan Versa sure has some nice MPG. Gotta love that Nissan Versa."

"Nissan Versa. Nissan Versa."

"That's a popular choice. Let me check to see if we still have any left."

"Look Ando! Not a scratch on the Versa!"

Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Episode one: The twins desperately want to get to America. People die.

Episode two: The twins desperately want to go to America. Black goo seeps from the chicks eyes, someone almost dies, call her evil.

Episode three: The twins desperately want to go to America. Black goo seeps from the chicks eyes, someone almost dies, the brother thinks she might be evil.

Yeah, ok, we get it. The twins want to get to america, and whether or not she's a good person is a debatable point, but you could have done this in one episode, and furthered the plot faster. They way I see it, they could have cut out their involvement in Episode 2 altogether and put the events hold off on the events in episode three till episode four, because I can bet what happens next.

Episode 4: The twins get to the border of America, but face difficulties. Black goo runs from the chicks eyes, someone almost dies, and we move on to episode 5, where the person that almost dies calls someone who knows someone that is a "hero" or a Company Employee. The chick will then have black goo run from her eyes, and someone will almost surely die.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kanelock
Member # 10982

- posted      Profile for kanelock           Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone else think the kid with Claire is kinda suspiscious? Shows up out of nowhere, has powers, latches onto Claire immediatly, gets her to reveal her powers, and mentions horn rimmed glasses guy. Could he work for the company?
And I think Kensai is going to turn out to be the bad guy this season. Probably because Hiro does somthing to mess up the past. Coincedence that his symble is the same as the Company?

Posts: 45 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
i think its him, but an older version of him. i think they came back to the present, but a generation earlier. that way kensei could have started that group that uses his symbol. they kept saying they all wanted to try and use their powers to help people at the start, but that some of them changed their mind.
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Peter met Nikki in the final battle last season before he blew up. We know he picked up her super strength but it now appears that he may have picked up her split personality as well. I wonder what direction they are going to go with that.
Explains his amnesia, sort of, since his "split" doesn't have any memories of its own.
Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

At the end of last season, I assumed that Nathan was dead and that Peter would gain a new personality based on him, just as Nikki's split is based on her dead sister. But then Nathan turned up alive, so there goes that particular idea. But maybe you're on to something, Glenn.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think Peter has a split personality. I wouldn't be surprised if the Haitian had a hand in his memory lost. I think he was found by someone, captured, they did stuff to him, and then part of his memories were yanked. Either that or the shock of the blast knocked them out. But I'm not so sure that taking him out of NYC and giving him a chance to be independent is a bad thing. He'd never get this chance with the shadow of his brother and his feeling of having a mission was hanging over him.

I like where things are going. I wouldn't mind a few less characters and a little quicker pace, but I like it. The twins need to become relevent, quickly. And I can't believe they found Sylar in the middle of nowhere.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Heroes in less then 5 minutes. I retain high hopes that the pace will pick up.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

Same here. This episode > last one.
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, this episode was definitely better than the past ones. That said, I'm a little concerned that this is going to turn into the superpower of the week club. Does every new character introduced really have to have an ability? I'd really love to see some more supporting characters who are just normal people, but the teaser for next week's episode doesn't leave me with much hope that it's going to happen.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting twist that Parkman's dad is apparently the season's bad guy. The guy in the picture was too old and fat to tell if the Kensei theory is correct.

The thing that really struck me this episode was how much Nathan looks like his mother now that he shaved that beard off. He also seems to have picked up some of her mannerisms. I don't remember the specific thing he said, but it was very much like her. I don't know if that means anything, but it was interesting.

Also, there were a few parts where West reminded me a lot of Sylar. I think it was the intensity, and the way he wouldn't let Claire leave.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Twins: STILL not in U.S. *bangs head* I thought Rogues were all fast and stuff...

Sylar: Alive, murderous and sorta hot.

Molly: Has two daddies, neither of which can do jack for her.

Cop Daddy: Find MY daddy, because... because I said so!

Hot Asian Daddy: I'm ineffectual, but hot. Love me.

Nathan: Once again visible. Speaks to children, removes dead rodent from face - calls it "shaving."

Claire: Getting all smoochie-face with Flyboy.

HRG: Probably doomed. And that "No boys, but you can cheerlead" thing? What the heck?

Nikki: Absent (YAY!)

Hiro: Absent (boo)

Sark!Samurai: Absent (*shrug*)

Nawlins cousin: Can do anything she sees on TV? That is actually pretty darned cool.

All-in-all, this episode hooked me again. I dunno why. It certainly had nothing to do with the Claire arc.

ETA:
Peter: Absent, but that whole "Irish" thing just drove me nuts anyway. If I were Irish, I'd be insulted. "How DARE you steal our iPods and chain yourself up naked in their place! Give 'em back, boyo" thing was just about sloppy enough to turn me off completely. It could have been redeemed if Peter had been snarky about it. "Just WHAT about the way you found me makes you think I'd know where the heck the iPods are, Brainiac?" Something.

So, didn't miss Peter.

My strategy for getting through the brain-hurtingly ill-conceived bits(of past episodes- this one was not so bad)? Imagining the Invisible Man in the scenes, plotting and being hot.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
Sylar: Alive, murderous and sorta hot.
quote:
Hot Asian Daddy: I'm ineffectual, but hot. Love me.
quote:
Imagining the Invisible Man in the scenes, plotting and being hot.
I think someone needs to watch Heroes from the safety of a cold shower. [Wink]

I liked this episode, I felt it moved forward. I liked how Sylar manipulated the twins. I think I've seen that actual tactic used many a time in television and movies (as in, kill the threat, then present the threat to others to get them to trust you and go along with you but with an ulterior motive in mind), but Sylar is so creepily and methodically evil, it's fun to watch.

I can do with Sylar, but they need to do something new with him, and taking his powers away might be the thing that needs to be done. If I had to guess I'd say he has the disease. Killing Candace was so obvious, I find it extremely hard to believe that she or at least someone in the company didn't see that coming, unless they actually expected and wanted her to be killed, but I can't imagine throwing away such a valuable asset without a serious plan in place for a big gain.

I don't like Micah. Much as he seems like a nice, smart kid, I think he is all too willing to use his powers, regardless of the morality, to solve his problems, make him more popular, etc. But I do like his cousin, whatever her name is. I wonder if Uhura has any powers. I was shocked to see that DL was dead, I really thought he had survived. But I could easily do without the whole family.

I wonder if Kensei is really a good guy now or if he is just feigning it, but he really genuinely seemed to be a good guy after facing the Crazy 88, or the Disgruntled 90, or whatever the hell they are called. I only hope that Hiro staying behind doesn't poison the well.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens when Noah finally does meet West.

I like where it's going, and next week looks to be good, but I think having Peter in Cork is going to get frustrating if he doesn't come back soon.

Prediction: Parkman will introduce Molly to Nathan, who will ask her to find Peter for him. Foggier prediction: Nathan will fly to Europe to try and get him to come home when things get dicey in NYC.

Sidenote, I think Kristen Bell will bring a positive energy to the show. Even in the preview she seemed to have a vitality to her that really only is represented by Masi Oka, and once in awhile by Milo Ventimiglia.

Doesn't seem to be any further evidence on who Darth Hoodie might be, but I no longer think it's Kristen Bell.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] The bit about Mohinder was a joke. I don't really like the character at all. I do kind of have a thang for psycho villians at the moment (I watched Hannibal Rising last night). And Christopher Eccleston is fabulous, even invisble. [Big Grin]
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Olivet:
My strategy for getting through the brain-hurtingly ill-conceived bits(of past episodes- this one was not so bad)? Imagining the Invisible Man in the scenes, plotting and being hot.

Ha! I'll have to try that one...

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BryanP
Member # 7772

- posted      Profile for BryanP           Edit/Delete Post 
pretty terrible season so far. the claire storyline continues to be painful, hiro and peter are missing completely, we have ANOTHER new character in new orleans for whom we have no reason to care about, in fact the opposite since she's taking time away from good characters that aren't getting enough story time, and now sylar has inexplicably turned up in the middle of mexico when he was previously in the middle of some jungle, horribly injured

wtf

only thing good about this episode was the parkman stuff, which was unexpected. but still, nothing continues to happen, it's all one big setup with no payoff in sight. don't know how much longer i can take this crap

Posts: 326 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I put up with LOST, for far fewer benefits for two whole seasons. Despite the slowdown, I think I owe them at least a full second season. LOST only gave people two or three revelations per season, at least Heroes is coming closer to one every other episode or so.
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
LOST only gave people two or three revelations per season, at least Heroes is coming closer to one every other episode or so.
EDIT: for snark.

I'm swearing off this show. I just can't take it any longer. (I lasted a whole 2 episodes this season...)

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked this episode. It wasn't amazing, but its enough to keep me watching. HRG is definitely looking pretty doomed, and Claire is going to feel responsible. My only question with that story line (other than "Why are you dragging it out?!) is how does he know about West? I mean, he doesn't know specifically, but how did he know to be concerned about boys right when he started showing up? Maybe there's some clue in the painting ...?
We still don't know what Mama Petrelli's power is/was.
Sylar was pretty cool. What would he do with Maya's power anyways? Especially if he wouldn't be able to control it. I think that was a really well done plot development, because it shows that he's not afraid to kill on a whim, but because of what's happening to him and because of the uncertain nature of the twins power, he's being forced to play things sneaky. Not that he's not normally sneaky, but he seems like he's winging it.
The whole New Orleans story line is just ... bleh. I didn't mind Micah ... he was cool last season. But there's no reason to add anyone else yet! We don't need new heroes every episode. We need action, plot progression, cliffhangers!

But yeah, I would say I'm in until they either give me two completely crappy episodes in a row, or until I suddenly whimsically decide to stop wasting my life. Whatever comes first. But my gut does tell me I won't last through this season.

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.