FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Battlestar Galactica Season 4.5 Thread (Page 5)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica Season 4.5 Thread
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought part of the reason they were looking for Earth was to find other humans. There's also the problem, as ricree pointed out, that the Cylons know about Kobol.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Question:
Does anyone know what the Colonial Great Seal really is? The winged thing. There are only ten blades/feathers, as apposed to 12, so I'm doubtful that the blades are supposed to represend the 12 Colonies/Tribes.

Any ideas?

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
Caprica debuts THIS APRIL.
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
The dream sequence was a lame excuse for them to show the execution in last week's previews. Other than that, I thought the episode was well done.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Great episode. I'm glad justice was finally done.

I was honestly hoping we'd find out Gaeta was actually the 5th cylon at some point, which would have been super-awesome irony.

What the frak were the huge claw marks in the FTL room?

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReddwarfVII
Member # 8879

- posted      Profile for ReddwarfVII           Edit/Delete Post 
Fantastic episode. So, so glad Hulu is putting these up at midnight.

Gotta say, seeing the FTL room/Engine Room. Very cool. Have no idea how that would work, but it looked dang cool. I watched the end of the scene with Tyrol again and I would say those are stress marks. I don't think this ship was meant to take this much of a pounding for this long without major repairs. I think that the Galatica is going to be a victim before the end of the show.

Posts: 263 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReddwarfVII
Member # 8879

COOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL! The preview for next week shows the return of Ellen Tigh. So she resurrects, but where?
Posts: 263 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aeolusdallas
Member # 11455

- posted      Profile for aeolusdallas   Email aeolusdallas         Edit/Delete Post 
It looked like an upright cylon resurrection creche. With a centurion guarding it.
Posts: 305 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
When I saw the "claw marks" my first thought was just battle damage, but why would they bother making it that significant in the camera shot if it wasn't, you know, significant. Seriously though, if there's some FTL Monster on Galactica, I'm going to explode.

That was a fitting end to the insurrection, but there's still a pretty big "Where do we go from here?" feeling that's been put off for the last couple episodes. I have to think that the failed coup would probably bring a great number of people in line who were against Adama's plan before. I can't imagine Ellen will just stumble onto Earth and the fleet, which to me says that they get all the ships in the fleet upgraded and they jumped to Ellen rather than the other way around.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
I think there's a giant T-Rex loose on Galactica.

Then again, I only started watching the show four episodes ago, so what do I know?

I hate that Hulu doesn't show next weeks' preview.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BryanP
Member # 7772

- posted      Profile for BryanP           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
can't imagine Ellen will just stumble onto Earth and the fleet, which to me says that they get all the ships in the fleet upgraded and they jumped to Ellen rather than the other way around.

Maybe Anders will die and lead Ellen back to the fleet.

The last two episodes combined are one of the greatest 2 hours of TV ever.

Posts: 326 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
Originally posted by Nighthawk:
I think there's a giant T-Rex loose on Galactica.

Then again, I only started watching the show four episodes ago, so what do I know?

I hate that Hulu doesn't show next weeks' preview.

The sci-fi channel shows both the preview for next week on the BSG main page, but also a little 45 second snippet of next week as well which was pretty neat.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

Yeah, I jsut found that, thanks.
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MightyCow:
What the frak were the huge claw marks in the FTL room?

Velociraptor claw marks. No, actually, I'm pretty sure they were some sort of stress fractures - Adama found a crack over his bathroom doorway that was very similar. The ship's old and beaten up, and I'm guessing repairing interior walls isn't a huge priority.

My only question is how soon Lee will become VP - five minutes into next week? Ten? Casually mentioned at the beginning? The murder of the Quorum was a pretty stunning move, really. I'm also pretty glad Captain Kelly strayed from the mutiny. I've always liked him - and there needs to be more people in the CIC after losing Gaeta and Dee.

Good episode. I'm really looking forward to Sam waking up and knowing the whole plan, and the return of Ellen. The practicalities of her downloading are currently boggling my mind. When did this happen? Pre-hub destruction? Where is she? On some super-secret resurrection ship? This is getting good. [Smile]

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder what happened to Head Six/Baltar? We haven't seen them in a very long time. Wonder if they'll show again and what they were...
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

quote:
Originally posted by Carrie:
[QUOTE]When did this happen? Pre-hub destruction? Where is she? On some super-secret resurrection ship? This is getting good. [Smile]

I'd assume it happened right after she died. So the question is indeed where has she been all this time? The final five obviously must not resurrect among the significant seven. I always suspected that they resurrect on Earth.

quote:
I wonder what happened to Head Six/Baltar? We haven't seen them in a very long time. Wonder if they'll show again and what they were...
Yeah, their existence is a major plot point that I certainly hope they're going to give a satisfactory explanation for.
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

quote:
Originally posted by Alcon:

From some of the previews, Head Six is supposed to have been in several of these episodes - unless there's some other scantily-clad version of Six that only Baltar can see floating around. I'm waiting to see some of the deleted scenes, since I think they might elaborate upon Baltar's changing attitude towards his religion.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

The slaughter of the Quorum shocked me. I thought he'd imprison them, I thought he'd strong arm them, but "kill 'em" was NOT what I was expecting. Killing Roslin made sense, as did killing Adama, because Gaeta felt that they were guilty and he was restoring justice and democracy. Killing the Quorum didn't fit the mold, but I should have known that for Zarek it was in character. I was really hoping he'd changed after the time they spent on New Caprica.

Head Six was just there two or three episodes ago. They showed her sitting next to Baltar in his little shrine area of the ship. I can't remember if it was just before the coup or during it or when, but it was recently.

I loved James Callis' acting as Baltar doing the religious broadcast the last time. He looked totally unenthused, going through the motions, and actually fairly scornful of the people that worship him. And then later he put words to his body language. I think Baltar is probably more trapped than most any character in the show right now.

Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
When Zarek walked out, I was like, "Oh, man, they are so dead."
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
pretty good.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

anyone else liked Baltar learning a bit more responsibility?
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:

Same here. And when I saw the faces of the two marines just outside the room it was confirmed.

quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:

It was about time, the damned series is gonna end soon!
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Baltar will find some way to screw it up. He always does.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Occasional
Member # 5860

- posted      Profile for Occasional   Email Occasional         Edit/Delete Post 
People are still watching this show? My viewership ended when they found Earth. For me this is BG 1980 updated with a different storyline. I might watch the last episode with hopes they will explain what happened to Earth. Right now its all about how many people can we kill off and for no good reason.
Posts: 2207 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

My vote's still on "giant invisible T-Rex".
Lisa
Member # 8384

And you're commmenting in a thread you don't care about... why?
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

quote:
Originally posted by Occasional:
People are still watching this show? My viewership ended when they found Earth. For me this is BG 1980 updated with a different storyline. I might watch the last episode with hopes they will explain what happened to Earth. Right now its all about how many people can we kill off and for no good reason.

Sounds like you have the Dee mentality. Earth wasn't what we expected, things look bleak, time to check out. Of course, Dee didn't have the benefit of knowing that resolution is less than half a season away. And I really don't get how this resembles BSG 1980 in any way, in which the colonials find a fully populated present day Earth and live among us incognito to foil the cylon's attempt to take over. I guess you really did stop watching after they arrived [Confused]

P.S. If you want answers about Earth, you probably do want to watch the next episode.

Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Baltar will find some way to screw it up. He always does.

Yeah, he's good at that. The question is, are the writers gonna allow him to screw it up again. [Wink]

quote:
People are still watching this show?

Incredible, huh?

quote:
For me this is BG 1980 updated with a different storyline.
Some of us didn't see the original series.

quote:
I might watch the last episode with hopes they will explain what happened to Earth. Right now its all about how many people can we kill off and for no good reason.
Well, I felt they had good reasons to kill those that they did. Take your reaction and multiply it by a million to see how Dee felt when Earth didn't pay out and you'll understand why she did it. And Zarek and Gaeta? They were pretty much looking for it.
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by neo-dragon:
And I really don't get how this resembles BSG 1980 in any way, in which the colonials find a fully populated present day Earth and live among us incognito to foil the cylon's attempt to take over.

Aw man. I never saw BSG80. Spoiler!! [Taunt]
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

quote:

Really? Where's the children able to jump 80 feet?
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:

That was one of my favorite parts. It was nice to see him decide to help other people, even when there wasn't anything in it for himself.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

My favorite part of BSG80 was when Apollo and Starbuck fly into Earth's atmosphere, they see the highway in Los Angeles. They're gobsmacked at the skill we Earth folk have to be able to drive cars so close together in such a tight formation, without any collisions.
ReddwarfVII
Member # 8879

As far as Ellen goes, she would have been resurrected way prior to the Resurrection hub being blown, but I can't imagine that has anything to do with it. I really don't her that the two cylon societies are sharing their resurrection locations. The final five may be just that, the final five surviving cylons of the 13th tribe and they may have shown the colonial cylons how to resurrect and take on humanoid form, but I am still not seeing them sharing a resurrection hub.

Well here's a brain trip, not all the final five worked with the cylons, just Ellen. Maybe part of their rebellion against the colonies was also to wipe their memories of her and the other four so that they could destroy them. Possible she programmed them all with a fail safe so that they couldn't do to the colonies what the other cylons did to Earth? I don't know.

No, none of the BSG principals have been cast in Caprica to my knowledge. I am still thinking that the tech was developed on both worlds in a parallel fashion. Discovered on Caprica and re-discovered on Earth.

Maybe that is what caused the war on Earth. Pro-resurrection cylons versus anti-resurrection cylons? hmmm.....

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
It was quite fun to see the Jump Drive reactor room. [Smile] As for the cracks, they are just that, cracks. Stress fractures. Structural overload.

Forshadowing, so I suspect, to a critical breakdown of Galactica itself. And a metaphor for the breakdown of Fleet society. They might have won the day, but perhaps the damage done is crossed a tipping point.

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

I read a theory that the "dying leader" isn't Roslin after all - it's Galactica, "leading the caravan of the heavens" and all that.
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Yeah, just before Zarek opened his mouth, I said outloud "Shoot 'em."

Zerek isn't a man of principle. He never was. He's interested in his own power and to hell with everyone else. He knows how to take advantage of democracy and free speech and he didn't want anyone doing it against his administration. Now that he achieved power, there could be no challenges or questions.

They shoulda spaced him in his first episode.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
In somewhat related news, Jamie Bamber will star in Law and Order: UK.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I'm surprised they're making him a cop. He was so effective at the passionate plea during the last season or two of BSG that I would have put him in the role of a young hot shot prosecutor or defense attorney.

I might actually catch this show once in awhile. Usually I don't go for the Law and Order shows, though I occasionally catch SVU if nothing else is on.

ReddwarfVII
Member # 8879

Hey everyone, it's Friday! The best day of the week! Can't wait to see No Exit tonight. Sounds like there are some answers coming!
Carrie
Member # 394

Evidently, the podcast went up early and TWOP did some sort of spoileriffic discussion. I'd give more details, but I'm avoiding them like the plague. [Smile]
ReddwarfVII
Member # 8879

It did? Where? itunes is not pulling it up.
ricree101
Member # 7749

Well. That was a lot of answers in one episode.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

Finally some sweet, sweet answers. Suddenly what happened to Saul and Ellen on New Caprica makes a lot of sense, although Cavil frakking Ellen now seems quite incestuous. Can you say, Oedipal complex?

Who thinks that Daniel was Kara's father?

ricree101
Member # 7749

I'd say there's a really strong chance. Also, it looks like the people who brought Kara back were probably the ones responsible for the head visions. My bet is that they're yet another earlier generation of Cylon, but I'm not sure of that.

It's interesting that the Cylon religion seems to have sprung up on its own, though. It definitely seems like something they will explain, and I'd bet that they will also be related to the head visions.

aeolusdallas
Member # 11455

- posted      Profile for aeolusdallas   Email aeolusdallas         Edit/Delete Post 
No one has mentioned that "angels" came to the 5 and warned them that Earth was going to get nuked. head 6/head baltar?
Posts: 305 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

Even older cylons, or perhaps the humans of the 13th colony? Sam didn't say anything about what happened to them. In fact, I'm still unclear about the circumstances that lead to the nuking of Earth.
ricree101
Member # 7749

That's my suspicion, although I wouldn't be surprised to find a connection in there with the lords of Kobol. For one thing, the head visions clearly have many "godlike" elements to them. Certainly, the head six has made enough religious references.

The numbering also seems unlikely to be coincidental. 12 colonies plus one group of outsiders, 12 cylon models plus one who was betrayed and killed by the Cavils, 12 lords of Kobol plus one renegade god.

All in all, we see the same pattern pop up with all three significant groups, we know that there is one seemingly omnipresent group out there, and I would not be surprised if they were one and the same.

In keeping with the "this has all happened before" theme, it may be that they are in fact and earlier group of "cylons". I'm not really sure, at this point, but I do suspect that it will turn out to be either the lords of Kobol or past Cylons, if they aren't simply one and the same.

ReddwarfVII
Member # 8879

Watching the Ep now, haven't looked at the other posts. YESSSS!!!! Re-discovered the resurrection technology! I KNEW IT!

Whew...I feel better. That is as far as I am at the moment. Diving back in.

ReddwarfVII
Member # 8879

I am 100% percent sure that Daniel is Kara's father. His name is mentioned in an earlier ep, like when Kara and Helo are on Caprica. Which means that Kara is half cylon, gaining the ability to download and resurrect from her father. The biopsy of her ovary would have revealed to Simon that she is half cylon. I would bet you that they grew a copy of her and looked for an opportunity to kill her to see if she would download. They already knew about Hera, but whether or not the ablity to download could be inherited from the cylon parent would still be an unknown factor. So here we have Kara's special destiny and why she is the harbinger of death and will "bring an end" to mankind.

Yes, I would agree that is plausible that Kobol cylons have something to do with all of this. The final five are the final five from Earth, but I would not be surprised in the least if the original Cylons from Kobol are playing a part in all of this.

I think that the war on Earth started the same way the war in the colonies started. The centurions wanted to be humaniod and resurrect to. They rebelled and nuke the planet, with only the final five escaping to make the journey to Earth.

I found it really interesting that the final five did not have FTL's. I am going to watch the Ep again, but Sam said that they traveled sub-light because they had not discovered FTL tech. Interesting..

Carrie
Member # 394

No, Kara's father is never mentioned by name. All we know about him is that he played piano. Musician = artist? Perhaps.
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.