FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The movie quote game (Page 10)

This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  48  49  50   
Author Topic: The movie quote game
_L
Member # 9448

- posted      Profile for _L           Edit/Delete Post 
danke. [Smile]
Posts: 18 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
littlelf - 5
Raia - 3
Leonide - 3
_L - 3
Vadon - 2
hansenj - 1
kwsni - 1
SteveRogers 1
calaban - 1

Nice job there L.

Now, regardless of who gets the last question, if anyone gets it, littlelf gets the next round. But for the sake of finishing it off: Here's some other quotes from the same movie for number 14:

"Look Morty, do me a favor, okay? Don't call here any more unless you want to have a serious conversation, alright?"

"Don't make any sudden movements."
"Why not? Is there a bee on me?"

"I want you to get up very, very slowly."
"Very very, not just, very?"

"Well nice to meet you Morty, my name is Jeff."

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_L
Member # 9448

ah jeez.

Undercover Blues! Soon as I saw Morty.

"My name is MUERTE."

Posts: 18 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

_L I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship. I've rarely ever MET anyone else who has seen that movie!

littlelf - 5
_L - 4
Raia - 3
Leonide - 3
Vadon - 2
hansenj - 1
kwsni - 1
SteveRogers 1
calaban - 1

Alright littlelf, the ball's in your court!

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlelf
Member # 6145

- posted      Profile for littlelf   Email littlelf         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's my first attempt. FYI, I'll check back in after 7 pm PDT Wednesday to see how everyone is doing. Break a leg!

(X)1. Wow, he just made the international sign of the doughnut.

(X)2. Hey Pope, why don't you go build yourself a new gym at the Vatican.

(X)3. The next time I have a daughter, I hope it's a boy!

(X)4.It's like my ex-wife. 21 different personalities and 7 of them hated me.

(X)5. If we get caught, we're not going to white-collar resort prison. No, no, no. We're going to federal pound-me-in-the-a** prison.

(X)6. Hey, little anal-dwelling butt monkey. Time for you to go home, little buddy.

(X)7. I had to come to prison to be a crook.

(X)8. I've been listening to my gut since I was 14 years old, and frankly speaking, I've come to the conclusion that my guts have sh** for brains.

(X)9. I'm sorry to say that the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of robed sissies.

(X)10. When you put your hand into a bunch of goo that a moment before was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do.

(X)11. Goin' on a year now I ain't had nothin' twixt my nethers weren't run on batteries.

(X)12. Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you; however, leave the limbs you've lost.

(X)13. You see, drinking is a matter of algebraic ratio. How drunk you get is caused by the amount of alcohol you consume in relation to your total body weight. You see my point? It's not that you had too much to drink. You're just too skinny.

(X)14. We consider ourselves bi-costal if you consider the Mississippi River one of the coasts.

(X)15. It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

(X)16. I lied, okay? Welcome to Manhattan!

(X)17. I tell you one thing, though. Wherever we go, whatever we do, we're gonna take this luggage with us!

(X)18. 3 million men penned up on this island all over England in staging areas like this. We're on the threshold of the most crucial day of our times. 3 million men out there, keyed up, just waiting for that big step-off.

(X)19. I've eaten things that didn't complain this much.

(X)20. OK! I'll talk! In third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my Uncle Max's toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog...

Bonus: Bunny, ball ball.

There's a little something for everyone here. Have fun!

[ May 26, 2006, 12:10 AM: Message edited by: littlelf ]

Posts: 72 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
11. Serenity.
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Wayne's World?
Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Heh, no I'm pretty sure 1. is Mars Attacks "haha! They blew up Congress!" Love that movie.

6. Bruce Almighty
9. Demolition Man "Now ALL restaurants are Taco Bell"

12. Kill Bill, either Vol. 1 or 2, but I think 1. That's after she fights all the Crazy 88 or whatever they're called.

18. Patton? Some sort of WW2 movie. Longest Day?
19. Ice Age
20. Goonies "heeeey youuuu guyyyys!"

7 looks familiar but I can't quite place it.

Amilia
Member # 8912

- posted      Profile for Amilia   Email Amilia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
17. I tell you one thing, though. Wherever we go, whatever we do, we're gonna take this luggage with us!
Joe vs the Volcano?
Posts: 364 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

- posted      Profile for Swampjedi   Email Swampjedi         Edit/Delete Post 
11: Kaylee, Serenity
Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
5. Office Space

7. Shawshank Redemption

10. Platoon? I know I've seen this.

13. Beautiful mind

14. Best in Show? Maybe Waiting for Guffman?

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_L
Member # 9448

bonus: Hudson Hawk! Yay!

2 - Johnny Dangerously
3 - Bye Bye Birdy
4 - Any Given Sunday
8 - High Fidelity
10 - Patton!
13 - Splash

Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
#1 is Mars Attacks

I think people have already got all the other ones I know.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Muahaha, I already got that one. [Wink]
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

Aw crud, I was just skimming and didn't notice that one in your post because all the others had the number at the beginning of the line.

Curses, foiled again!

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
Some of these have already been guessed but some hadn't. I just hate putting together a partial list so I listed all of them.

1 - Mars Attacks
2 - Johnny Dangerously
3 - Bye BYe Birdie
4 - Any Given Sunday
5 - Office Space
6 - Bruce Almighty
7 - Shawsank Redemption
8 - High Fidelity
9 - Demolition Man
10 - Patton
11 - Serenity
12 - Kill Bill Vol 1?
13 - Splash
14 - Waiting for Guffman
15 - Spinal Tap
16 - Stuart Little
17 - Joe vs. the Volcano
18 - the Longest Day
19 - Ice Age
20 - The Goonies
Bonus - Hudson Hawk

[ May 25, 2006, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: beatnix19 ]

Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Aargh! I KNEW I knew #19, but couldn't remember what it was from. And I've only seen it about 16 gajillion times with my kids.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlelf
Member # 6145

- posted      Profile for littlelf   Email littlelf         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry about the 24 hour delay! My internet was down last night!

Here's how everyone did:

Lyrhawn: 7
_L:6 + Bonus
SenojRetep: 3
Beatnix19: 2
Mr. Funny: 1
Amilia: 1

Because I'm new at this, I'm not sure if Lyrhawn or _L takes this game. I defer to my movie quote elders on this one. A great game by all!

Cheers!

Posts: 72 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
I would say bonus counts as a tie-breaker but it wouldn't put _L in the lead. So 7>6+Bonus>6.
Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I just did one. Let L do it.
_L
Member # 9448

I'm honored! forgive me if these are too easy [Wink] . or if movies down here have been presented before.

1. "Maybe it was an iguana." "It was NO iguana." - E.T.
2. "Sir, in my heart, I know I'm funny." - Good Morning, Vietnam
3. "You don't have to go to college. This isn't Russia. Is this Russia? This isn't Russia." - Caddyshack
4. "I'm in the driver's seat! I'm runnin' the show! I'M THE F***IN' PRESIDENT!"
5. "I was married for four years, and pretended to be happy; and I had six years of analysis, and pretended to be sane. My husband ran off with his boyfriend, and I had an affair with my analyst, who told me I was the worst lay he'd ever had."
6. "Just get out. I don't ever want to see you again. Robin is never going to forgive me." "Well, I'll tell you how to handle that. Don't tell her!"
7. "Although she lives with seven other men, she's not easy." - Shrek
8. "This is totally rad, dude! You're my big little brother!" - Flight of the Navigator
9. "Found your pet." "Where?" "It's up my leg, man. Squirrel's in my pants."
10. "Death is a primitive concept; I prefer to think of them as battling evil - in another dimension!"
11. "I shouldn't have written all of those tank programs." - Tron
12. "Goddammit, I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought it'd do any good!"
13. "Let this sleepin' dog lie, son. Dog-gone it, I'm dog tired. I'm tired of leading the dog's life and fightin' likes cats and dogs against cats and dogs, a young pup's doggin' my trail tryin' to become top dog. I'm going to the dogs in a dog eat dog world, son. I... I'm so far over the hill... I'm on the bottom of the other side." - Fievel Goes West
14. "I love hitmen. No matter what you do to them, you don't feel bad." - Sin City
15. "I think this boy's cheese has done slid off his cracker." - Green Mile
16. "Is he always this funny, or only on days when he's wanted for murder?" - Who Framed Roger Rabbit
17. "Your mission is a failure, your lifestyle's too extreme. I'm your new commander. You are now my prisoner. We return to Transylvania. Prepare the transit beam." - Rocky Horror Picture Show
18. "You Americans, you're all the same. Always overdressing for the wrong occasions." - Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark
19. "Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rode around their shores... burning with the fires of Orc."
20. "Everything you create, you use to destroy." "Yeah, we call it human nature." - The Fifth Element

and a bonus! "Now I've got a machine gun. Ho ho ho." - Die Hard

beatnix: 9
aclon: 1
SenojRetep: 2
hansenj: 1
enigmatic: 1

[ May 27, 2006, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: _L ]

beatnix19
Member # 5836

1- ET
3- Caddyshack
7- shreck
8 - the navigator
11- tron
15 - Green Mile
20 - 5th element

Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

oh...

14 - Sin City

Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
17) Rocky Horror Picture Show
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
2) Good Morning, Vietnam?
18) Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate jumping on these and having all the ones I know taken.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
13. An American Tail: Fievel Goes West...I think.

Ha ha, I'm not very good at this game. [Smile]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_L
Member # 9448

and here I thought I was the only one who'd seen it. [Wink]
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man, I watched that movie so many times when I was a kid! In this game, the animated ones are easiest for me to figure out. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Fievel Goes West is a classic!
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

The bonus is Die Hard, and shame on everyone else for not getting it!

All the other ones I know beatnix got first.

--Enigmatic

_L
Member # 9448

eight left! Someone take it from beatnix! [Wink]
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

Is #6 School of Rock? I'm hearing the second part of it in Jack Black's voice.

--Enigmatic

_L
Member # 9448

nope! Haha, I can see that though.
beatnix19
Member # 5836

16 - I think... Who Framed Rodger Rabit

So ha, for taking it from beatnix. I think, maybe.

_L
Member # 9448

ha! yeah. nicely done.
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

*bump*

Is the game dead? Is _L's round over? Will beatnix post a list? Will these questions be left unanswered to leave room for a sequel?

--Enigmatic

beatnix19
Member # 5836

I'll be happy to post a list in the morning if we've hit a stand still with _L's round. Too tired to do it tonight. had a long weekeknd and can't think clearly enough to do it now.
beatnix19
Member # 5836

NEW ROUND

Hopefully these haven't been done or aren't too easy. There are a few that I think are obvious and a few I think aren't. We'll see. Good luck

1.)I ain't done nothin' wrong by speaking to the gentleman. I've a right to sell flowers if I keep off the kerb. I'm a respectable girl: so help me, I never spoke to him 'cept so far as to buy a flower off me. My Fair Lady

2.)That's right. When I was your age, television was called books. The Princess Bride

3.)Congratulations. In the history of this camp, that was the most infamous, the most disgusting, the most revolting display of hooliganism we have ever had. The Parent Trap

4.)Uh, no. Sorry, but a toll is a toll, and a roll is a roll, and if we don't get no tolls, then we don't eat no rolls. Robin Hood, Men in Tights

5.)Tattoo on the lower back? Might as well be a bullseye. Wedding Crashers

6.)You too. Except when I dress up as a frigid b****, I try not to look so constipated. Legally Blonde

7.)You tell me where my suit is, woman! We are talking about the greater good! The Incredibles

8.)Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. He's a prankster. Think about it. He gives man instincts. He gives you this extraordinary gift, and then what does He do, I swear for His own amusement, his own private, cosmic gag reel, He sets the rules in opposition. Devil's Advocate

9.)It seems to me the only thing you've learned is that Caesar is a "salad dressing dude." Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

10.)I have issues with anyone who treats faith as a burden instead of a blessing. You people don't celebrate your faith; you mourn it. Dogma

11.)What... like the back of a Volkswagen? Mall Rats

12.)I play hockey and I fornicate, 'cause those are the two most fun things to do in cold weather. Mystery, Alaska

13.)You know who else I like that didn't get much play? Velma from Scooby-Doo. She was cool. She was a hip, hip lady. Can't Hardly Wait

14.)The future is not a straight line. There are many different pathways. We must try to decide that future for ourselves. Akira

15.)Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son. Animal House

16.)Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch. Caddyshack

17.)I'll be around long after you're dead! When I get out of here, I'm gonna cut your head off and stick it on a pig pole! Willow

18.)Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner! The Program

19.)You die first, get it? Your friends might get me in a rush, but not before I make your head into a canoe, you understand me? Tombstone

20.)You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. A Knight's Tale

Bonus - SCHUTE? Schute's a monster! A genuine geratoid! His own father has to use a livewire to keep him from f***** the fireplace!

[ June 07, 2006, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: beatnix19 ]

vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
1 - My Fair Lady?

6 - Legally Blonde (I swear my sister made me watch it)

11 - Does it count if I know the line that comes right before that one? What is it... Big Lebowski? Baseketball?

15 - Animal House

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

11- is wrong so far. I didn't think the line before that was apropriate. It's funny but inappropriate. And a couple here are questionable as it is.
vonk
Member # 9027

Is 11 Clerks?
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

closer but still wrong
vonk
Member # 9027

Good Golly! It's Mallrats! [Wall Bash]

right? Either that or Chasing Amy. I'm sure it's a Kevin Smith movie.

Edit: no, no. Definitely Mallrats. I remember now.

Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
Is 10 Keeping the Faith? I know I've seen the movie in question, but can't recall when or where. [Smile]

Is 2 The Princess Bride?

Is 8 Dogma?

(Why do I feel like I'm getting these all wrong? [Big Grin] )

Oh, and 20 is Daniel, but that's SOOO not a movie. [Smile]

Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
4 - Robin Hood, Men in Tights
5 - Wedding Crashers
8 - Devil's Advocate
10 - Dogma

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
13 - Can't Hardly Wait
18 - The Program
20 - A Knight's Tale

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

12- Mystery Alaska?
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
Upon consideration, I think I agree with JT. [Smile]
Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

17) Willow
  This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  48  49  50   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.