FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The movie quote game (Page 9)

This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  48  49  50   
Author Topic: The movie quote game
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang, the only ones I recognized have already been figured out!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
9. Rat Race
11. Steward Little
12. Stuck on You(?)
14. The Bourne Identity

I swear 2 was on the Simpsons...

Other than that, I have no clue or they sound familiar but I just can't grab it...

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
7. BASEketball.

1. Is totally Last Crusade. It's when they take the plane off the Nazi blimp and he's talking to Sean Connery, who was only in the third one.

"Son, I'm sorry, they got us."

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Sure 10. isn't Corpse Bride?

16. Chicken Little.

11. Cats and Dogs?

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

Aw dang, I think you might be right on 11...

But I'm pretty sure 10 was Nightmare before Christmas.

Jack finishes the Halloween thingy, tips the sax player, he says the line, Jack responds with "I guess so, just like last year, and the year before that, and the year before that..."

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

10 is Nightmare before Christmas. I know, because it's my friend's favorite line in the movie, and last time I saw it, I saw it with her.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
2. The Gods Must Be Crazy
Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
No, 1 is The Last Crusade. It's when he's in the plane with Sean Connery and they've just released themselves from the Blimp.

Darn! Lyrhawn, you beat me to it!

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Senoj- You got #3 right.

Goody- You got those two right.

(As of page 8.)

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Scores:

Evie: 3

Lyrhawn: 3

Vadon: 3

Goody: 2

SenojRetep: 1

calaban: 1

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Go bold the ones that have been guessed so we know... and from now on, can we make it so that if you've won once you can't win again for a while (though you can still guess, just if you win the second best gets it or something like that)... so the rest of us get a chance to post quotes? [Razz]
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I don't make them bold, I put x's by them.

Edit: I was going to do it earlier, but there are some of us who have to go to church on Sunday mornings. So, I didn't have time to do that.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Aw I don't get the point for Last Crusade?
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
Um, for the bonus question in the quote-set before this, the holiday #8 is referring to is Valentine's Day I'm pretty sure.
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Scores:

Lyrhawn: 4

Seatarsprayan
Member # 7634

- posted      Profile for Seatarsprayan   Email Seatarsprayan         Edit/Delete Post 
#20 is Coneheads.

I second the request for bolding instead of (X).

Posts: 454 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seatarsprayan
Member # 7634

- posted      Profile for Seatarsprayan   Email Seatarsprayan         Edit/Delete Post 
#13 Small Soldiers? I haven't actually seen that movie though.
Posts: 454 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
Steve-

How about some hints?

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
#5 is Young Frankenstein.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Scores:

Seatarsprayan: 2

Enigmatic: 1

Hints tomorrow!

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
:::humming:::
Hints?

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Sorry 'bout that. I'll have to do it later tonight.
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't help but think that 5 is Mallrats, but I swear the wording isn't quite right... but maybe I'm just crazy
Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Hints:

#4 is a biopic about a scruffy haired drug addict.

#6 is from a gangster movie starring Al Pacino.

#15 is from a monster movie.

littlelf
Member # 6145

- posted      Profile for littlelf   Email littlelf         Edit/Delete Post 
#6 is Scarface. When I was in sixth grade, I visited one of the movie sets and saw the scene where the guy scales the wall before Tony introduces everyone to "his little frien'"
Posts: 72 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlelf
Member # 6145

Oh, yeah, #15 is King Kong.
Posts: 72 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I have no clue on 4 and 15...but for 6:

Scarface?

Goodfellas? The Godfather? I, II, or III? Serpico? Donnie Brasco? Devil's Advocate? Two for the money?

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Scores:

littlelf: 2

littlelf
Member # 6145

#4 is Last Days.
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Final Scores:

littlelf: 3

It's your turn, Lyrhawn.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Alright. I apologize ahead of time if these are all way too hard. I tried to do the non-obvious line from most of these movies, or personal favorites. I guess I'll have to wait and see how well it's received.

1. "The truth is you can never tell yourself there is only one thing you could be." - Keeping the Faith

2. "I'm calling the organization of the United Brotherhood of It's None of Your Damn Business, Lewis. I'll be with you in a second." - The American President

3. "This isn't where I parked my car." - Eurotrip

4. "Don't forget that most men with nothing would rather protect the possibility of becoming rich than face the reality of being poor." - 1776

5. "Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion." - Donnie Darko

6. "Are you coming? See, how it works is, the train moves, not the station." - A League of Their Own

7. "The Quest stands upon the edge of a knife. Stray but a little, and it will fail, to the ruin of all." - Lord of the Rings - Fellowship of the Ring

8. "When what's left of you gets around to what's left to be gotten, what's left to be gotten won't be worth getting, whatever it is you've got left." - White Christmas

9. "We're not hit! We're not hit! Stop side-seat driving!" - Independance Day

10. "It is very rare that a person is taken for what they truly are." - The Last Unicorn

11. "I don't blame people for their mistakes, but I do ask that they pay for them." - Jurassic Park

12. "I only lied about being a thief, I don't do that anymore." - Ocean's 11

13. "My dad? He's always been...like an uncle to me. Yeah, Uncle Dad." - What Women Want

14. "Fifteen guys, with chains, and dogs, you should see what they look." - Undercover Blues

15. "Generals can do anything. There's nothing so much like a god on earth as a General on a battlefield." - Gettysburg

16. "We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open." - Boondock Saints

17. "I have a question. Why is it that we all speak in British accents, when we're from outer space where there's no Britain?" - Thumb Wars

18. "Would ya look at the size of that kid's head! It's the size of a planetoid and it has it's own weather system! Looks like an orange on a toothpick!" - So I Married an Axe Murderer

19. "Don't listen to that guy. He's trying to lead you down the path of righteousness. I'm gonna lead you down the path that rocks!" - Emperor's New Groove

20. "Well, I'm gonna get out of bed every morning... breath in and out all day long. Then, after a while I won't have to remind myself to get out of bed every morning and breath in and out... and, then after a while, I won't have to think about how I had it great and perfect for a while." - Sleepless in Seattle

Some are longer, some are shorter, but if there is any left after a couple days, I'll post a second quote from the same movie as a hint.

Almost forgot, I wanted to do a bonus question. What movie is this from: "normal view, Normal View, NORMAL VIEW, NORMAL VIEW, NORMAL VIEEEEEEW!!!." Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie (This Island Earth)

[ May 23, 2006, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: Lyrhawn ]

Raia
Member # 4700

6) A League of Their Own

12) Ocean's Eleven (I think)

17) I'm going to guess Serenity, even though I haven't seen it. [Razz]

19) ...will drive me crazy! I KNOW this one!

20) When Harry Met Sally?

hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
19) The Emperor's New Groove

It's number 8 that's driving me crazy!

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Oh, right! Of course.
Raia
Member # 4700

20) Wait, I lied! Sleepless in Seattle!
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Raia - 3
hansenj - 1

kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Seven is Fellowship, of course.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
#4- 1776
#5- Donnie Darko
#7- Fellowship of the Ring

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
#16-- Boondock Saints? man, i definitely know this one...
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

#11 is from Jurassic Park.
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
17. Spaceballs
18. So I married an Axe Murderer

15, never saw it but im guessing it is- Gods And Generals.

[ May 21, 2006, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: calaban ]

Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

13) What Women Want

Just watched it yesterday, what a coincidence.

Some of those do sound mighty familiar, though...

Edit:

Oh, wait!

15) Gettysburg

Thanks for reminding me Calaban, you were close, just the wrong one.

(I swear, one cannot watch both Gettysburg and Gods and Generals within the same weekend and not speak in a southern drawl.)

Swampjedi
Member # 7374

- posted      Profile for Swampjedi   Email Swampjedi         Edit/Delete Post 
#7 - Galadriel, FotR
#19 - Shoulder Demon, Emporer's New Groove

Oops, too slow.

Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Raia - 3
Leonide - 3
Vadon - 2
hansenj - 1
kwsni - 1
SteveRogers 1
calaban - 1

I didn't realize until after I put the Gettysburg quote up that it'd point so many people to Gods and Generals, but I suppose it worked to misdirect some people.

The only two incorrect guesses from above are calaban's 17 and 15.

littlelf
Member # 6145

#1 Keeping the Faith
#2 An American President, Michael Douglas to Michael J. Fox
#3 Euro Trip
#9 Independence Day, Will Smith to Jeff Goldblum
#17 Thumb Wars!

katdog42
Member # 4773

- posted      Profile for katdog42   Email katdog42         Edit/Delete Post 
I was just about to post that #1 is from Keeping the Faith.
I was so proud of myself for finally knowing another one and then somebody had to go and beat me to it!

Rats!

Posts: 340 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

littlelf - 5
Raia - 3
Leonide - 3
Vadon - 2
hansenj - 1
kwsni - 1
SteveRogers 1
calaban - 1

Nice job there elf. Only the harder ones are left. If there are any left by tomorrow night when I get home from work, I'll post hints.

_L
Member # 9448

- posted      Profile for _L           Edit/Delete Post 
8 - White Christmas
10 - The Last Unicorn

bonus question: MST3K! [Smile]

Posts: 18 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

Thank you, _L!! Oh man, that was bugging me. I knew number 8 was an old movie, and I could picture it being said, but none of my friends recognized it.
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

Oh, and welcome to Hatrack. [Smile]
  This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  48  49  50   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.