FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » League of Legends (Page 8)

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  13  14  15   
Author Topic: League of Legends
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately so far I can only find low quality VoD's. By the way, VES qualified 3-2 after being down 2-1. I watched the 3rd game (pretty cool one too), but then went to sleep. I hope there will be some better quality vids, I'd love to watch game 4 and 5.
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Riot just uploaded Day 2. So it should be in there somewhere.

Link.

Slightly better quality

^^ Game 2 is 4:37:00ish

[ May 12, 2013, 10:31 AM: Message edited by: BlackBlade ]

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Thanks!
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

So, first game went to Dignitas.

Second game started well for TS (1st kill, 1st turret) but Dignitas equalized.

Edit: 5/0/0 Karthus for TS. Uh-oh. Has both RoA and AA Staff at 14 minutes.

Edit2: TS took it slow but won the game pretty convincingly. 1-1

[ May 12, 2013, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

Corwin
Member # 5705

3rd game was pretty strange. It started with 6 mid lane bans, and TS's mid picked Syndra vs Ryze but didn't manage to do anything with it in the early game. Ryze on the other hand went crazy with kills, many enabled by a Rammus (!!) jungle. TS looked a bit lost throughout the game. Good win for Dignitas.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Just finished watching MRN and VES's series. Man those games are hard to watch. You can feel the passion so strongly in the level of play, but the stakes are just devastating to watch. VES must be incredibly excited to be in next season's LCS. MRN goes back to the challenger league and has to work in obscurity next year. The looks on their faces were so depressing.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Turn to live, it might be the last game of Dignitas vs TS.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Dignitas kinda showed their experience in games 3 and 4. They're back in the LCS. [Smile]
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Yeah I caught game 4. Scara called a good game.
Corwin
Member # 5705

So CLG qualified too. Haven't seen the games, but the score (3-0) kinda speaks for itself.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

I was wondering about that. I didn't get a chance to watch the series yesterday. I'm actually very glad. I like CLG being around, and I'd like to see them work very hard towards next year's LCS.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Do you know anything about what happens after the summer LCS in terms of competitive play?

Edit: Never mind, I found on the lolesports website that the playoffs determine who goes to the world championship. I can see how that would make teams who went out of the LCS very dejected.

[ May 13, 2013, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

The NA All-Star Team and the China All-Star Team are going to be facing off in game one in just a few minutes.

If you are nuts and still awake here in the states. [Razz]

Link.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

NA just gave China *literally* all 5 players each person specializes in.

I hope they have the perfect counter-strategy.

Corwin
Member # 5705

How are the games being played? I've heard something about 1v1s and 2v2s; are these on top of the normal 5v5s? I haven't followed the all-star tournament that much and anyway I'll be away for the weekend and probably won't see any games.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

The 1v1s and 2v2s are mostly pride matches between the players who were selected for the All-Star Team I believe.

In addition to these matches there are the proper 5v5 matches between the All-Star Teams.

I'll try to avoid posting spoilers so you can catch the vods.

These games have *extremely* high level play.

Corwin
Member # 5705

Thanks. I'll probably see the score while I'll be looking for the games though. [Smile]
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

I am going to hate myself tomorrow.

Err, later today.

Corwin
Member # 5705

I know the feeling... [Smile] At what time did you go to sleep?
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

3:30am
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Oh, man I'm nervous. NA is playing Korea in the All-Star weekend right now.

'Murica!

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Oh snap! Double Lift just said, "Xspecial and I thought it'd be nice to come home after all this hype we've build up, but it'd feel better if we beat these smug Asians."

Gloves just came off. [Big Grin]

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Without hopefully spoiling too much, the best team won the tournament.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

I don't even...my team captain just banned me out and then told me to stop being a noob when I asked for an explanation.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Damn, that sucks...
Corwin
Member # 5705

Well, I went to Google+ and the first thing I see is "OGN Champions (Korea) Wins...". [Razz]

So far I saw the round 1 NA vs China games and the first EU vs Korea one.

NA really threw their second game vs China, they were way ahead but hugely misplayed that baron attempt. I wonder if they weren't really aware of how a big lead they had... I haven't looked at the item differences at the time of the baron attempt to see if they had any champions with a big item advantage over their counterparts. I guess the big problem was that they were all short ranged, so sieging towers wasn't a good option for them.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Back down to 78lp. Clawing my way back up again.
:\

Corwin
Member # 5705

Curse just announced that Edward from Gambit Gaming will take over as support for them. Wow...
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Woa! I wonder how his personality will fit in with Curse. Also, I feel bad for Rhux, he did quite well on Curse, but Edward has outstanding instincts and creates a lot more plays due to pro-activity.

His English obviously isn't fantastic, but I think being immersed in English, will quickly solve that problem. I think this will definitely restore in part some of the fear Curse invokes in NA LCS games. Let's hope they can come out swinging when it starts up again.

Can I just say, I *love* that we have LCS now in NA? Honestly if they hadn't, and had stuck to tournaments, I think Korea would have skooshed NA even harder than they did.

The changes to CLG are interesting as well with HotshotGG becoming a coach. I'm thinking it's going to be TSM and Curse in the top two slots for Summer LCS, but every team has a *long* road to travel to World's if they want to hope to compete.

Corwin
Member # 5705

quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
Can I just say, I *love* that we have LCS now in NA? Honestly if they hadn't, and had stuck to tournaments, I think Korea would have skooshed NA even harder than they did.

Oh, definitely! All the big players have leagues, South Korea, China, Southeast Asia. NA and EU really needed this. Plus, it's so fun to watch! [Big Grin]
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

I had 96 LP and thought that with one more win I'd be in my promotion to gold series. We *massacred* the other team.

+2 LP. [Mad]

Here's hoping this next game goes just as well.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Another massacre. 1LP.....

I'm convinced the wall to get from Silver I to Gold V is way too thick.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Another win, 0 LP.

I really hate this clamping. There's never a time where when you lose you lose 0 LP. So why 0 when you win? And why if you lose your promotion do you drop 30 LP or so?

This is very discouraging.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Two losses, and -3 LP each.

So much for reaching the summit this evening. :\

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Two more losses.

It sure is frustrating to do fantastic in your lane and lose both times.

The first game we could have actually won, but somebody felt it would be much better to engage them at the steps leading up to the outer base turret, rather than under the turret itself. People focused the front line, and ignored the back. With such a disastrous defeat right at our door, they plowed into the turret, inhib, nexus turrets, and won.

Corwin
Member # 5705

Sorry to hear it...

Does it feel like a worse system than the ratings one we had before? I haven't played in a long time, so I can't really tell.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Alittle bit. It's not really a new system because your MMR is basically what your Elo was last season, you just can't see it. So when you see yourself gain and lose LP you don't really know if you are really progressing.

A system that rewards you with 0 points for a win given the right circumstances, but will always takes away points for a loss regardless of performance is not a fair system.

Don't let people see visible progress that is actually not accurate.

[ June 11, 2013, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: BlackBlade ]

Corwin
Member # 5705

So... the summer split is starting. I didn't even know this, but Elementz is now the coach for Team Coast (formerly GGU). I'll probably watch just the first two games today, but they should be pretty cool. [Big Grin]
Corwin
Member # 5705

Pretty easy game in the end for TSM vs Coast.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Curse came back to almost equality in the middle game against Vulcun, but in the end Vulcun won quite convincingly. Sycho Sid played a very impressive game on Kennen, ending it with 9/0/5. Edward didn't really shine in this one, but then again, it's his first competitive game with Curse. [Smile]
Corwin
Member # 5705

Wow, C9 exploded towards the end of the game. Dignitas really lost it when they couldn't contest the baron; up to that point they were behind, but managed to somewhat stick to C9. After the baron it all seemed to finish in an instant.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Pretty much every newer team won today, and all the established teams lost. Except for TSM in their first game (though they lost the second one).

Curse wasn't nearly as sloppy, and Edward had the Curse letters in his name in all caps.

CRSEDward. [Big Grin]

Corwin
Member # 5705

Now I really have to watch those last three games! Those are some crazy results for day one...
Corwin
Member # 5705

I watched the last three games from yesterday. C9 vs TSM took a really long time to warm up, but I thought it was the most interesting. Kennen is having quite a resurgence, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him banned a lot today. I was really surprised to see Coast win so easily vs Vulcun. I think they lost just 1 turret. After the first three games I expected Vulcun to be the favorites in that match-up.

Anyway, Tryndamere for Curse vs VES, going vs a Jayce. I'd expect him to have lots of trouble in that lane, but what do I know?

Edit: He did get pushed out once, but then killed Jayce with the help of TF. I guess that's what makes him work in this team comp.

Edit2: Voyboy got a triple on Trynd, but then got greedy and died to Varus... Heh... Still, definitely made Trynd work so far.

Edit3: Ok, Trynd wasn't that bad... [Big Grin] Tough game, and nice win for Curse.

[ June 13, 2013, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

Corwin
Member # 5705

Uhm... The CLG vs Dignitas marathon was interesting. [Big Grin] 71 minutes win for CLG. Gotta be horrible for Dignitas though...

Edit: And after C9 vs Crs, Dig play TSM. I kinda hope that the organizers shift the games around and put Vulcun vs VES before Dig's game. Anyway, I'm off to sleep. I hoped to catch 3 games today, but it wasn't to be. [Smile]

Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know why the lolesports has a -1 for Dignitas wins?
Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happymann
Member # 9559

- posted      Profile for happymann   Email happymann         Edit/Delete Post 
What is going on in this thread?
Posts: 258 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Well, it's mostly me and BB talking about LoL LCS lately. [Smile]

Speaking of which, C9 beat TSM, Dig beat TSM and Coast beat CLG. Quite the crazy start so far.

happymann
Member # 9559

- posted      Profile for happymann   Email happymann         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. That still doesn't say anything to me (the uninitiated). Well then, carry on. [Smile]
Posts: 258 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

LoL: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Legends
NA LCS: http://leaguepedia.com/wiki/Lcs
EU LCS: http://leaguepedia.com/wiki/Lcs_eu

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.