FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » League of Legends (Page 7)

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  13  14  15   
Author Topic: League of Legends
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to be away for the whole three days of the LCS playoffs, playing boardgames at a (semi-)national meeting. We will have Internet there, but I'll probably be too busy to do anything but take a peek now and then at the matches. Oh well, had to sacrifice *something*. [Smile]

I'm really curios how far the Wolves will go in Europe. Regardless, the simple fact that they came from a 0-9 start to 5th place is pretty amazing! In NA, I wonder how Curse will do with Rhux. Changing a player just before the playoffs seems such a bad move... I'd like to see Elementz picked by a team that is looking to qualify for the summer LCS, just to find out how big of an impact he'd have in a less powerful team.

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
TSM dropped ChaoX mid series and Wild Turtle has been tearing it up.

I think when you are somebody like Rhux and you get a chance to be on the A team, and in LCS all at once, you give it everything you've got to secure your spot permanently.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

True about WildTurtle. I *do* hope things go well for Rhux and Curse, the problem is simply that unlike those changed during the regular season, Rhux will only have the semi-final to make an impact; if things work out, great, they're in the final, but if not the 3rd/4th place final will be small consolation for a team that dominated 9 weeks out of 10.
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
It's true, but that's all part of playing the game. You aren't just playing League of Legends you are playing on a team that plays League of Legends. If you've got a chemistry problem you need to work on that, just as surely as you would a bad connection or not being good with landing skill shots.

Most people just don't realize that, they think being technically good at the activity supersedes all else. When a player is leaving in the *middle* of LCS and right before the semi-finals you have to question just how things got that bad, and whether you as a team-mate failed.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
I just want to get into gold league. It's a goal I set, I want to meet it.

I am gold, but only got there by playing support in almost every game. People fight for the other positions so much that me volunteering as support usually helps the team get along.
Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Pretty much why I always play support, but it's still hard going.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

AAA have to forfeit this week's game because a player had a family emergency, and none of their back-ups were available.

What a bummer. :\

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

EG V Wolves the servers all went to crap throughout the game, and both teams decided to do a rematch. So fresh game, picks, and bans.

Very frustrating.

Corwin
Member # 5705

Thanks for the updates. I just saw the results and was wondering what happened to aAa. As for EG vs Wolves, what was the score when the servers crashed, and who was ahead or winning in that game?

I see that in NA both quarters ended in upsets. Can't wait to watch the VoDs. [Smile]

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Before the game restarted it was pretty early, and very even. I think it was 2-1, but don't quote me on that.

Either way in the rematch EG made the necessary adjustments and stomped. I will say I was impressed both teams had (I think) an unspoken agreement to ban and pick the same characters in the re-match.

I think it's bogus when you do a ranked game, somebody dodges in the final seconds before map load, and then when a new player is subbed in, people ban based on the previous games bans.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Oh man, Fnatic | Evil Geniuses Game 2 and 3 were both fantastic games!

So much back and forth, tempo changes. It was just so tense.

[Smile]

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Spoilers***

SK can beat Gambit Gaming, they can. But they need to shut down Gambit's Diamond Procs. SK did fantastic in lanes, but Diamond's Udyr had free reign, was never in danger, no lost jungle. In any case Gambit takes game 1, and I really hope SK find the missing piece in their approach that pushes them from contesting games, to winning them consistently.

Corwin
Member # 5705

**Spoilers for GGU vs Curse**

I just saw about half of the last game of Curse vs GGU. Very, very, very disappointed by Curse. They were about equal at one point (Curse had one more turret and two kills), but Curse lost vision around Baron. Voyboy (Kennen) face-checks, manages to Zhonya's and escape but can't ulti anymore, Saint (Zac) goes in AFTER the escape, does nothing and almost gets melted, he escapes, Nyjacky (Malph) GOES IN ALONE, dies, Saints GOES IN ALONE, dies, Rhux (Thresh) gets caught by a Blitz hook, dies. They did get a few people on GGU low, but killed no one, GGU took a free Baron, got 1 kill on Kennen (who was farming top with no vision of GGU...), then another on Thresh who was trying to defend an inhibitor against a Baroned-up GGU... That was the most uncoordinated sequence I've seen from a top team, and GGU took perfect advantage of it. Oh well... Back to the drawing board for Curse.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Yeah, they need a swift kick in the pants, or a long vacation. That seemed to do wonders for Gambit Gaming.

-----------

BTW European LCS Finals between Fnatic and Gambit Gaming is going on right now.

http://euw.lolesports.com/

It's 1 and 1 right now.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Well Game 4 was something I've never seen before. Both teams just throwing everything including the kitchen sink at each other for 20 straight minutes so far.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

That was an absolutely incredible game. Going to a game 5!
Corwin
Member # 5705

I just got home and saw the ending of game 4, superb! Glad I'll get to watch the 5th. [Big Grin]
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Oh you need to rewatch 4. Even game 5 couldn't hold up to that.

Still apparently Gambit did not get the memo that they were 15K gold behind. I've never seen such stiff resistance.

Corwin
Member # 5705

Yeah, game 5 was more one-sided than what I saw from game 4. Good control from Fnatic in the last one; once they got in front it looked like there was no way they'd lose.

I'm wondering something though: if players think Zed and Kha'Zix are that great, and they were not banned before the last ban, why not leave them both available? Let Fnatic pick one, then Gambit could pick the other and sort of even the odds.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Curse and Vulcan are playing a best of 3, and than immediately after that it's TSM:Snapdragon and Good Game University playing a best of five for the NA LCS Finals.

Not my two favorite teams, I think I am partial to TSM because they are one of the original professional LoL teams, but I'll still tune in.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

What the what Curse? Could not close out that game.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Did you see any of the games from the big final? (I haven't, by the way, kinda had to sleep. [Smile] ) I must say, just from the score (3-2) I'm impressed by GGU. It's nice to see a team out of the big four manage to get this far; well, two teams, considering Vulcun ended up 3rd.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Yeah I watched games 1, 4, and 5 of that series. GGU, even with lineup changes did spectacular from beginning of LCS until the end.

Did you see HotShotGGs speech about the future of CLG? It was very sad to see him so low, I really hope they can climb their way out again, and find the joy in playing again.

Corwin
Member # 5705

I did. I stayed up right until the start of the first GGU vs TSM match, but it was getting way too late by then... I still think Dignitas and CLG will qualify for the summer season. But I don't really know any of the challengers in the NA playoffs, only MYM in the EU playoffs, so who knows... In EU I really hope the Wolves make it back to the league, I think they have a big potential to upset the top four given a full season with Bjergsen in the team.

I really like what Riot did with the competitive scene this year. Before we had all kinds of tournaments, some which nobody seemed to care about, some that seemed merely hyped up by the organizers, and only a few that really drew in all the big names. By creating a league you start to know the teams better, the matches are all important (ok, maybe not some from the last week), and you get a tournament feeling and a champion from the playoffs. The fact that the season is just 10 weeks is also nice, because it doesn't let routine settle in, and because it then gives other teams a shot at this. Sure, the top four previous to the LCS finished in the top four after the regular season in both NA and EU, but the gap was much closer in the end. Add to that GGU's and Vulcun's run in the playoffs, and it's clear that playing in the league helps the lower teams a lot. The summer season should be even closer than this one, which is perfect as far as I'm concerned. [Smile]

Corwin
Member # 5705

There was a bug that postponed all EU summer promotion matches, but I see that they are now playing again. Giants are already out (lost to Team ALTERNATE), and the other three matches are tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised to see DB lose to MYM... But I do hope the Wolves manage to qualify.
Corwin
Member # 5705

SNS (Sinners Never Sleep) look set to take out aAa. It's 2-0 so far for SNS, and they have 19-8 in kills, 4-2 in turrets, 9k gold difference and just took baron in game 3.

Edit: aAa managed to delay the end for a while, but SNS still finished the series 3-0. Another new team in the Summer Season, impressive stuff from the challengers.

[ May 06, 2013, 05:49 AM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

Corwin
Member # 5705

Wolves vs SiJ (Samurai in Jeans): 1-0

The start was pretty even, but then Wolves took an advantage which just grew and grew. They did get too cocky at one point and lost two champions and a baron, but they were still 7k gold up, and they made no mistakes after that.

Edit: Game 2 - After Bjergsen did a great job with TF in the first game, it's still not banned against him. And now Wolves also have Shen. SiJ with no globals, one TP on Malphite top, and probably Fizz mid vs TF. Interesting team comps, but the split push might be too much from Wolves. I do wonder whether Bjergsen will change lanes, as Fizz with 30-0-0 masteries and a red pot is very scary.

Edit2: Actually, Fizz took TP too (and Ignite); no Flash. Wolves put two in top lane, but TF stayed in mid. TF managed to push Fizz in the early levels and go back to buy a Doran's Ring. And despite a gank from SiJ's jungle Jarvan, TF turns it around and puts a lot of damage on Fizz! Later on TF took out Fizz for first blood, but died to ignite and minions after that. Impressive stuff from Bjergsen in a normally bad match-up.

Edit3: Looks like a slow game 2. 5-5 in kills, 2-1 in turrets for CW, 2-0 in dragons for SiJ, and bang even on gold after 21 minutes.

Edit4: Fizz is looking stronger and stronger. And after a few more kills for SiJ they also manage to take a baron. Looks good for them. 14-8 in kills, 4-3 in turrets, several dragons for SiJ, 1-0 in barons and 7k gold advantage for SiJ. And just as I write this, Fizz gets a double kill after using Zhonya's at the perfect time to block a TF gold card.

So 16-8 in kills, 6-3 in turrets, and almost 10k gold advantage for SiZ.

Edit5: SiJ end the game after a few more kills. The split push didn't do anything vs the two teleports, and despite the bad early game Fizz dominated later on. He'll probably get banned in the next game.

CW - SiJ 1-1

[ May 06, 2013, 07:57 AM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

Corwin
Member # 5705

Game 3: No Fizz or TF ban. Interesting.

CW bans: Elise, Malphite, Shen
SiJ bans: Singed, Zed, Orianna

CW picks: Jarvan, Rumble, Thresh, Twitch, Kha'Zix
SiJ picks: Zac, Varus, Lulu, Renekton, Karthus

Edit: 11k gold lead for CW. 13-3 in kills. Looks like CW's game unless they throw it hard.

Edit2: CW - SiJ 2-1
Well played by CW, and Kha'Zix really dominated once he got going.

[ May 06, 2013, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

Corwin
Member # 5705

Game 4:

SiJ bans: Singed, Kass, Zac
CW bans: Elise, Malph, Zed

SiJ picks: Jarvan, Varus, Orianna, Rumble, Lulu
CW picks: Thresh, Shen, TF, Ez, Eve

Eve jungle! The commentators were expecting a Cho'Gath as in game 2, or maybe Nasus, but it looks like CW want a bit more damage.

Edit: First blood for SiJ, but now 4-1 for CW, and 2-0 in turrets for them. 5k gold lead for CW, looking good.

Edit2: Make that 6-1 in kills, 3-0 in turrets, 8k ahead in gold.

[ May 06, 2013, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Watching MYM V DB and I must say a Xerath with good map awareness and willingness to throw out that ultimate can stop baron attempts, and base sieges. It really is enjoyable to watch.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

And Xerath banned out next game. Big surprise. [Big Grin]
Corwin
Member # 5705

I had a nearly 4.5 hours train trip and this isn't finished yet?! Was there a problem with the servers or something?
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

I'm not sure. There was a HUGE delay between games 2 and 3.
Corwin
Member # 5705

I've seen talk of some server problems in the chat. I must admit I'm pretty surprised to see DB 2-0 up.

I'm really glad that the Wolves qualified; I'm not as invested in the others. [Smile]

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

The hook!...............The hook!.............The hook!
Corwin
Member # 5705

Yeah, he pretty much made the game. [Smile]
Corwin
Member # 5705

So now it's DB with the Nautilus hooks. And lane Nasus! I got so used to seeing him in the jungle it's weird to see a lane one.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Great game from MYM to bring it to 2-2. I wonder if we'll see yet another Spring Season team eliminated here...
Corwin
Member # 5705

Well, well, well; 3-2 for MYM, and 3 new teams in Europe. Should be interesting. [Smile]
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

I feel bad for DB, it was their series to lose.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Giants also went 2-0 up before losing. Tough world out there...
Corwin
Member # 5705

Tomorrow is the first day of the NA Summer Promotion series. Do you know any of the challenger teams?

Too bad that CLG play last on Sunday; I won't get to see them, their games start too late here.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Is there a link to the NA teams? I do know CLG is playing Azure Cats (I think it was?) and that if they lose, then they are relegated, and HotShotGG said that would mean the end of the team.

No pressure.

Corwin
Member # 5705

Here are all the matches: NA Summer Promotion

Azure Cats play DoubleBuff first in a best of 3, the winner plays CLG in a best of 5.

Corwin
Member # 5705

First match has started, just caught the end of their first game. Quantic completely dominated TAP.

Edit: Same thing in game 2, easy match for Quantic.

[ May 10, 2013, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

Corwin
Member # 5705

VES vs TSB game 1 is completely insane! VES are 2 turrets ahead (well, only 1 ahead now), but TSB wins most team fights and one or two of their champions get away with less than 100hp... And there are a LOT of team fights. Finally after VES lead in gold by 1-2k, the last few team fights turned the gold in favor of TSB (still just 1k).

The great thing for TSB is that their Varus has 12 out of their 23 kills (12/4/7).

Edit: Yeah, forget about VES's chances. Varus got a quadrakill and another assist in the last team fight. And TSB got away with almost no health again! Wow... They're now ahead in turrets and 5k in gold, plus middle inhibitor.

Edit2: I barely finished writing that, and there's another team fight. And of course TSB gets away with little health. Now they also take baron... I don't think there's anything that VES can do to come back. As the commentators said, they would have loved to have a Karthus on their team; he would have cleaned up all those team fights...

Edit3: Somehow with 2 inhibitors down VES win a team fight 3-0... o_O How is this not over yet?!

Edit4: Yeah, TSB take a second baron and manage to finish a game. Finally. [Big Grin]

[ May 10, 2013, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

Corwin
Member # 5705

Heh, actually TSB took Karthus in game 2. [Big Grin] They're now leading 4-0 in kills and 1-0 in turrets. Granted, the game's not over, but VES is in big trouble...

Edit: Bad move by TSB though, trying to sneak in a dragon. VES's Renekton gets a triple kill, and they take dragon and top and middle turret. Cocky play from TSB, and they got severely punished for it. Game on.

Edit2: VES is still 1 behind in kills, but 4-2 in turrets, and I think 2-0 in dragons. TSB's Karthus is about 40 minion kills ahead of the first on VES, has 2/2/5 KDA, and has RoA and Seraph's completed...

Edit3: Another fight, another 3 for 3, Karthus dies but gets 1 kill and 2 assists. Might become really problematic for VES, although they still have a 3k gold lead.

Edit4: You know it... Another fight. 5-3 for TSB, with a crazy dive from Kennen and Karthus. VES's Lux gets a triple kill, but TSB's Varus also gets a triple. TSB take second middle turret, while VES take dragon after spawning. The ~2k gold difference doesn't mean that much anymore.

Edit5: And 5-2 for TSB after yet another Kennen-Karthus dive! They both flashed in. Pretty crazy. They manage to take mid inhib turret. Gold is even, but the momentum is definitely with TSB.

Edit6: VES try a sneaky baron, and force TSB to risk their lives to stop it! 3 kills for 1 for VES, and they take baron. They do trade 1 for 1 around baron. Of course in the meantime VES's top outer turret finally falls, and TSB take dragon, so VES is just 1k gold ahead, with baron on 3 people.

Edit7: TSB engage despite VES's baron buff, and lose that fight 5-3. VES also take top inner turret and now a 4k gold lead. VES's Renekton is starting to get scary too...

Edit8: Oooh, that Kayle (VES support) ulti is sooo annoying! Well, depending where you look from. [Big Grin] VES manage to take mid inhib.

TSB clear baron wards and wow... they burn through baron before VES can react! VES does manage to take out Karthus and Xin though, not losing anyone. Impressive, especially from Renekton. VES also take dragon and lead by 6k gold.

Edit9: The gold difference was too much. VES finish the game even against TSB with baron on 3 people.

[ May 10, 2013, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

Corwin
Member # 5705

Game 3 is pretty equal so far, but TSB's Jayce has 4 out of 5 kills for TSB, so if he falls...

Edit: TSB's Sona is missing the ultimates and it costs them a lot. VES pulled ahead now with 1 more turret and a free dragon. They also finally killed Jayce which certainly helps.

Edit2: Another missed Crescendo leads to a 5 for 2 fight for VES... Sona needs to get it together. Kennen doesn't have a dive buddy in this one, so the Crescendo needs to be perfect. Also, the TSB comp is kinda strange: Jayce has the most gold and is a poke champ, while Kennen goes in each time...

Edit3: VES take a sneaky 2-men baron. Looks bad for TSB.

Edit4: Yeah, VES take 2 inhibs and one inhib turret, even have time to take red buff, and now pretty much only have to finish the game.

Edit5: Pretty convincing win in game 3 by VES. Still need to beat MRN to qualify though... I think TSB had a bit of a disjointed team comp; of course missing several Sona ultimates didn't help either.

[ May 10, 2013, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

Corwin
Member # 5705

Quantic qualified with a 3-0 vs coL. Haven't seen the games, but the score looks pretty impressive.

Now MRN have 1-0 vs VES. And in game 2, I have no idea what VES are doing. Their line-up: Sona, Elise, Varus, Ezreal, Janna. And it's jungle Ezreal! o_O Janna mid (with TP), Elise top. I'm speechless...

Edit: And with Ez helping the bot lane, they took a turret before 4 minutes, and are now going for the inner bottom one. Wow... So *that's* how you play jungle Ezreal.

Edit2: And now Ez shifts in the dragon pit in full view of MRN, smites the dragon and flashes out. This is so much fun! [Big Grin]

Edit3: Despite being down 4-5 in kills, VES are 6-1 up in turrets, took even top inhib one. Wow...

Edit4: I don't know how the commentators manage to breath... This is insane. 5-5 in kills, but 7-2 in turrets for VES and there's some damage on the top inhib and on the bot inhib turret too.

Edit5: And because all lanes are so pushed, VES take a 2-men baron before MRN can even react, AND they get the top inhib turret at the same time, while losing nothing. Tanks? Bruisers? Who needs them?!

Edit6: All 3 inhibs down in one VES play, while the kills are still at 5-5. If there's a LoL dictionary, this game should be all the explanation needed for "poke".

Aaand game! VES get 3 more kills right at the end, but it doesn't even matter anymore. Amazing game from VES. [Eek!]

[ May 11, 2013, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

I really want to watch that game. Busting the meta is awesome.
  This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.