FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The REAL Hatracker's thread (Page 10)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: The REAL Hatracker's thread
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
just to get this straight. If someone met a real hatracker before they registered, and then another real hatracker after they registered, it makes them real, no?
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grisha
Member # 6871

- posted      Profile for Grisha   Email Grisha         Edit/Delete Post 
wow, i need to visit hatrack more often, so many posters i've never heard of (who I'm sure have never heard of me either) are already real. Oh well, welcome to reality y'all.
Posts: 376 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
I don't consider Sophie "real" in the Hatrack sense. [Smile]

I think you should let her post. If KP can do it... [Wink]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yank
Member # 2514

- posted      Profile for Yank   Email Yank         Edit/Delete Post 
I met with several other Hatrackers in Salt Lake some years ago; but, shame upon my head forevermore, don't recall their aliases. I'm fairly certain I do exist, though. I've met Geoff and Scott Card on several occassions, but as they were book-signings I'm certain they don't remember.
Posts: 1631 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
I have been lurking for awhile and just joined this morning. Here's my question. Why does it matter if someone is "real" if they are contributing in a positive/interesting/valuable way? Since I'm a newbie, I don't know when (if ever) I will meet anyone, as "real" life might not permit that but I wouldn't want to be discounted right off the bat.
Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, it doesn't really matter, sweetbaboo. [Smile] It's just a fun to get to know Hatrackers not only here in the forum but IRL as well.
Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
It's just for fun, you'll be ok if you don't, but it's fun to meet people.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
Gotcha. [Wink]
Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll confess that this is the second name I've used at Hatrack---the third I've used at either Hatrack or Ornery. I've started a new name whenever I've come back to Hatrack or Ornery after a long absence (at least a year), and I've never pretended to be two different people at the same time.

(A few of my posts under my old name still survive, though.)

Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
kmbboots is now at least half real!

Kate and I went to lunch over the weekend so I could deliver Girl Scout cookies. We aren't sure if she's completely real, though, because although she's also met with pH, we don't know if the Hatrackers conferring reality must themselves be real (which I certainly am) and whether pH has attained reality.

By the way, Kate is a lovely and attractive lady and we had a great time together. [Smile]

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm only all too real.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure pH is real, but I forget who made her that way.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm real; I met Paul Goldner in Boston...and Bob Scopatz...and narr...and Ela...and JaneX and everybody else who went to Epcot that one time.

And I met a couple of you in Chicago. [Smile]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Sweetboo, some of people here don't WANT to be real, not in the Hatrack sense, and that's fine as well.

I can't recall a time where anyone I respect discounted someones opinion here just because they were real and the other person wasn't, it doesn't matter in that way at all.

It is just fun to meet Jatraquero's, IMO. [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

Teehee.

And I was listening to this song:
"'cause you were never really real to begin with...

...there is no you; there is only me."

In conclusion, you are all figments of my imagination, and I am the only one who is real.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Glenn Arnold got realified on Sunday at KosherCon.

Really.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JemmyGrove
Member # 6707

- posted      Profile for JemmyGrove   Email JemmyGrove         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by breyerchic04:
I'm pretty sure pH is real, but I forget who made her that way.

Either God or Evolution. But that's a debate for another thread. [Wink]
Posts: 270 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! pH and Goody made me a real girl! And lunch was really fun! And I haven't eaten all the cookies yet.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Then you have admirable self-restraint.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
can people become unreal. im just asking cause if only meet a few people at Endercon. I don't know am i fadeing away.

[Confused] [Dont Know] [Wave] [Blushing] [Angst]

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by sweetbaboo:
I have been lurking for awhile and just joined this morning. Here's my question. Why does it matter if someone is "real" if they are contributing in a positive/interesting/valuable way? Since I'm a newbie, I don't know when (if ever) I will meet anyone, as "real" life might not permit that but I wouldn't want to be discounted right off the bat.

[Dont Know] I'm not real, and living in Sri Lanka, it's doubtful I'll ever become real.

I guess that means anything I say is immediately discounted and unimportant. :cries: What will I do??????????? *wails*

[Smile]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm real now!

I knew erosomniac and jennabean before I joined, but I also met KetchupPrinceConsort.

And some day we'll do a NorCal MiniCon and I'll get to meet a few more of you. Will that make me more real?

Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by kmbboots:
And I haven't eaten all the cookies yet.

:::thud::: What's takin' you so long?? LOL
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
quid, don't despair, who knows what the future brings? I mean, I also never thought I'd become real, and it happened. Maybe you could convince Arthur C. Clarke to join Hatrack and maybe he can make you real. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

Oh, and Kate, the necklace turned out to be a huge hit. She hasn't taken it off since she got it, not even to shower. I knew the bag of toys would go over big. [Smile]
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Corwin, someone would have to make him real first. And considering how old he is, there isn't much time... [Razz]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Goody Scrivener:
Oh, and Kate, the necklace turned out to be a huge hit. She hasn't taken it off since she got it, not even to shower. I knew the bag of toys would go over big. [Smile]

That is really cool. We did goooood.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
I am REAL!!!

[The Wave] [Party] [The Wave]

Compliments of beverly, mr_porteiro_head, Brinestone, Jon Boy, pooka, and sarcasticmuppet. I fear I was a bit of a dull-blob in person (much like I fear I am here [Wink] ), but hey, regardless, I now exist other than as a concept and 13 letters and a space.
[Party]

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! I worry that we might have been a bit intimidating to hang with. We all know each other fairly well, and have quite a bit of history. I hope you enjoyed yourself, though! [Smile] Good to meet you!
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, OSC doesn't remember me from the handshaking hordes, so Strangelove, you've my only chance. We must meet, dahling.

*whispers* Quid, I believe in you.

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
You even spelled my name right. [Cool]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dante
Member # 1106

- posted      Profile for Dante           Edit/Delete Post 
You know what would be a really good idea? Two Hatrackers should get together and travel around the country in a van, visiting other Hatrackers to make them "real" and solving crimes. Since I'm not really doing anything important, I'll nominate myself.

Who's with me?

Posts: 1068 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey JennaDean! You're from North-East Florida! Where exactly?

And bev, no, not intimidating at all. I'm just ... not very social. [Razz] . Even around people I've known all my life I tend to hang back and ... whats the word ... observe.

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
What is fire and how does it.. what's the word? . . Buuuuuuuuurn!
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

[Wink]
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You know what would be a really good idea? Two Hatrackers should get together and travel around the country in a van, visiting other Hatrackers to make them "real" and solving crimes. Since I'm not really doing anything important, I'll nominate myself.

Who's with me?

I nominate starLisa. Cuz that would be the funniest thing EVER.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
Jacksonville, Strangelove. An hour and a half.

I thought of you as I drove through Daytona last Friday night. [Smile]

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

Well heck, whenever you're down my way, let me know. I don't get up to Jacksonville all that often, but if/when I do I'll be sure to let you know.
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

There's something a little bit wrong about PC singing Little Mermaid... I blame Emma [Smile]
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Ella
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

(duh.... I did know that... now I blame Nickelodeon, because there was a commercial for some movie with Emma Roberts on)
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

New people asking what real is, read the first page.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm half Real now! Thanks to the lovely Raia.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ereneth
Member # 9532

- posted      Profile for Ereneth   Email Ereneth         Edit/Delete Post 
None of my friends ever frequent message boards, therefor, there are 10+ Ereneths on the web, none of them are 'real'.

Search for Ereneth on Google if you want all my internet IDs, about 4-5 of the matches aren't mine.

Posts: 15 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Real only applies to Hatrack, at least in this sense.

So even if you and your 30 closest friends had your own message board, it wouldn't make you any more 'real' here. So to speak.

<---- still not real.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd forgotten how people would name all of the other forum members they'd met, way back when. Let's see...In rough order of appearance, I've met:

ElJay
Posable Nurse
celia60
msquared
fiazko
Farmgirl
Kayla
Ivygirl
John Keats
punwit
CT
kwsni
Psychotriad
twinky
Suneun
Pod
Jaiden
KarlEd
Phoenix
Stray
Jenny Gardener
Kristen
Coatesie
kmbboots
dkw
Bob_Scopatz
Krabby_Patty
Enigmatic
Xavier
valentine014
rivka

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by El JT de Spang:
Real only applies to Hatrack, at least in this sense.

So even if you and your 30 closest friends had your own message board, it wouldn't make you any more 'real' here. So to speak.

<---- still not real.

I thought that you'd met both pH and Avadaru.

[ July 08, 2006, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

Nuh uh. We've had a couple of tentative get-togethers planned but they've never gotten off of the ground.
pH
Member # 1350

MWAHAHAHA! You will never be real, JT!

-pH

El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

Fine by me. I like being a hateful sarcastic computer program. A very clever one.
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.