FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Kingdom of Loathing (Page 8)

This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  30  31  32   
Author Topic: The Kingdom of Loathing
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Think of a weapon you've seen that would be deadly against salad.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Azile
Member # 2312

- posted      Profile for Azile   Email Azile         Edit/Delete Post 
Space Opera,
You need an item to pick off a Salad. What item do you use to, er- get salad? Considering that I use a fork to get my salad, I wouldn't have gotten this hint at all.

Derrell,
The cave only pops up in the mountains after the council of loathing gives you a quest to fight your dark nemesis.

Posts: 181 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe a salad shooter? Or salad dressing drowns a salad, according to those afterschool cartoon specials...

I just applied to the Jatraqueros clan under the name Jonny Dangerously

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
So are outfits good for nothing other than getting tatoos?
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
I finally checked out this thread ... and will be known as (what else?) CaySedai, Disco Bandit. I'm currently at level 2, but when I move up, I will be applying to join the clan. [Wink]
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
You aren't DROWNING or KILLING the salad. You're picking it up. What do you use to pick up salad?

And yes, "sweet rims" are the only rims in the game.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
MPH, some outfits let you get into places you would otherwise not be able to enter.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
So what's the scoop on where the best places are to gain Muscle, Mysticality, and Moxie points? It seems to vary a great deal, and be mostly random as far as where gets the best point rewards.

Has anyone found a pattern?

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
Jeff the Aldente, Marvin T Martian, Rakeesh, Tatie Danielle and Jonny Dangerously are in.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
Very early in the game, it goes like this:

Muscle -- Cobb's Knob
Mysticality -- Haunted Pantry
Moxie -- Sleazy Back Alley

I didn't see any other areas that specifically corresponded with stats until I got access to the Mysterious Island of Mystery. On the island, the three areas seem to correspond as follows:

Muscle -- Orcish Frat House
Moxie -- Obligatory Pirate Cove
Mysticality -- Hippy Camp

Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Thanks for both the invite and the info [Smile]
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Where can cottages, houses, and bearskin tents be purchased? I bought a Newbiesport tent just to have (I'm not PvP), and it said power 5 1%. What do those numbers mean? Also, I appear to regain health more quickly when resting with the tent.

Edit: Oh, and Rakeesh the Risque has just applied for membership. You people with your funny names make me embarrassed at mine [Razz]

[ July 08, 2004, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: Rakeesh ]

TomDavidson
Member # 124

"Where can cottages, houses, and bearskin tents be purchased? I bought a Newbiesport tent just to have (I'm not PvP), and it said power 5 1%. What do those numbers mean? Also, I appear to regain health more quickly when resting with the tent."

You get a house MUCH later. You can create a cottage by combining cottage cheese with anticheese. And a barskin tent is a barskin combined with wooden stakes.

All these items increase the amount of health you receive when resting.

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

LMAO. Anticheese. *shakes head* There's a million of those. I love it:)
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

The same someone who recently made two characters, perhaps?
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Rakeesh the Risque is in.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
How does one get a Leprechaun familiar.

I won a 10 leaf clover on a Dude Ranch vacation.
I adventured in the Spooky Woods and traded it for a bowl of lucky charms.
What do I do with the Lucky Charms to get a familiar, or did I just imagine this whole process?

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

You know, it took me like three re-reads to stop thinking you were complimenting someone's cleavage, CT [Razz]
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Believe me, my cleavage isn't all that impressive.

My nine levels, however, are pretty great. And I'm well on my way to ten.

UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

With the Lucky Charms, naturally enough, you just eat them (or use them, or whatever). However, they don't work every time. Sometimes you will get nothing. Sometimes you will get a baby leprechaun. If at first you don't succeed . . .
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Aaargh!! I can't find the blasted Filthy Corduroys! I've got three or four Filthy Knitted Dread Sacks, but no Corduroys! Darn Hippies!
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Marco Chagallo is in.
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
So, The Saxon Funk has put, in this order, the following dwellings into his campsite: a Newbiesport tent, a cottage, and a house. Sir John of Saxony has put a Newbiesport tent and a barskin tent. What I'm curious about is whether the effects of the various dwellings are cumulative, or whether you just get the effect of the most recent or most powerful one. That is, would The Saxon Funk get any benefit from installing a barskin tent, or would it do nothing, or would it actually take away the benefits of his house?
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Where do I find the anti-cheese? I got on once on a vacation, but I don't have the money to spend on lots of vacations!
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

The only place I've ever seen anti-cheese in on vacation.

As for the dwellings in camp, I have wondered myself whether the effects are cumulative. I don't know the answer. I would like to know, because none of my characters ever got the Newbiesport Tent.

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

I don't think they are, because I tried to buy a NS Tent after building the barskin tent for that purpose, to check. It said I already have a nicer dwelling, and wouldn't let me put it up.
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I did finally figure out the salad issue on my own, but thanks for the tips. Now I'm off to find ketchup.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

If you're trying to "find" ketchup, it won't work.
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to buy it? But it's so expensive!!

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

No, it's not. In fact, it's almost worthless.
Space Opera
Member # 6504

Oh wait...do I have to make it somehow?

space opera

UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

No.
Space Opera
Member # 6504

Hmm. I now have no clue how to obtain ketchup. A less subtle hint please, oh yea powerful level 9? [Wink]

space opera

UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

I've never been any good at giving hints. Oh, well.

The hermit has ketchup. And catsup.

While you're there, make a list of what he has, for future reference.

Space Opera
Member # 6504

Thanks! I forgot about him.

space opera

Azile
Member # 2312

Does anyone know exactly how long it will take for the 10-leaf clover to crop up in the Hermitage again?

I mean, Jebus- the exact day I find out about how to get a leprechaun, it disappears.

Posts: 181 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Keesh the Jungle Boogier, moxiously requesting admittance [Smile]
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Rakeesh, this is getting kind of out of hand, don't you think? [Smile]

Besides, I don't see Keesh on my screen.

Azile
Member # 2312

I have been avoiding this since the beginning but well: Squirtle, Eweba.

Edited: Ah, well. I felt guilty and got rid of two of mine. Some reason I feel wrong about having so many.

[ July 08, 2004, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: Azile ]

UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Azile, none of your characters are coming up on my screen, either.
Azile
Member # 2312

Oh, I'm an idiot. Forgot to ask for admittance. Sorry, I will do it now.
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

We finally reached 100,000 meat in the stash, so I have bought us a Calendar. There are still lots of great things to buy, so keep up the good work on the donations.
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
What other great things are there to buy?
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

For 30,000 meat each, we can get a Hobo-Flex Workout Machine, a Big Book of Magicalness, and a Tan-U-Lots Tanning Bed, which are installed in our Clan Hall and can be used by all members to "exercise" their stats.

Then there are a number of defensive items that protect our clan hall from attacks by other clans. These range from 150 meat for a cinder block (for building a wall around our hall, max. 1000 blocks) to 50,000 meat for a Phantom Trollbooth (which requires any attacking clan to pay us 10,000 meat just for the privilege of attacking us.) I don't know how necessary these defenses are, as we have never yet been attacked (knock on wood).

I can even buy individual items (e.g. beers, strongness potions, moxie weeds) in bulk for every member of the clan, if we ever wanted to do that.

Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
Woo, I finally reached my goal of opening a store with one of my characters!

Be sure to visit Ayelar's House of Steals, Deals, Meals, and Wheels! Nobody beats our low, low, tasty prices!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
I missed it - what's a calendar do for us?
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Eweba and Squirtle are in.
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

The Calendar is supposed to give every member a few extra adventures per day.
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

What do we have to do to get a gym?
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Breakwinder and Bringer of Farts have applied to the clan. [Smile]

(this is it, it really is.) [Embarrassed]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  30  31  32   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.