FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Kingdom of Loathing (Page 9)

This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  30  31  32   
Author Topic: The Kingdom of Loathing
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
Jakyran the Seal Clubber reporting for Jatraqueros duty...yes, I have fallen victim to the multiple char syndrome.
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know anything about a gym, unless it's a reference to the three exercise machines I already mentioned.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
Jakyran, Breakwinder [Roll Eyes] and Bringer of Farts [No No] are in.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
[Embarrassed]

[Evil]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't find your reference to the exercise machines.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I don't have a problem! I can quit anytime I want!
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

How about this?

"For 30,000 meat each, we can get a Hobo-Flex Workout Machine, a Big Book of Magicalness, and a Tan-U-Lots Tanning Bed, which are installed in our Clan Hall and can be used by all members to "exercise" their stats."

sndrake
Member # 4941

Must be a peak usage time for the site - I can't get in right now. [Frown]

Is there any information about how likely attacks on the clan are? If they're a strong possibility, it might argue for purchasing some defense stuff before getting other perks for the members.

Just my .02 - not something I'll wrestle someone on the mat over. [Smile]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
I've found that you only get about 10 substats for each machine, which isn't worth it at all once you get a Wilson familiar. With my little Groggie, I get 13-14 Moxie sub-stats per adventure, plus the meat and items you get for killing things.

Blood-faced volleyballs for all! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Please admit Vito Linguini (as soon as he applies, thanks)
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like my ridiculously low prices have brought down the server. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
thanks Zeugma for breaking the game. LOL

I'm trying to start a 3rd character. I just started playing the game last night, but after midnight, so I can't play my first character until tomorrow. [Frown]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Are Strongness Elixirs and Concentraded Magic pills permanent, or do they wear off?
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

They're permanent, but after a certain point they don't really accomplish much. Early on, they're great.
CaySedai
Member # 6459

TeraPen, Frog Director (Turtle Tamer level 3) is one of my people. It's the only one that I've gotten to level 3 so far. I expect to do better tomorrow.

Anyway, I've applied to be in the clan.

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Kickass! I have a lot of those that I hadn't used b/c of that concern. Down the hatch!
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, using my note I face the cave. I have a stick and the sword. How do I light my stick so I have a torch? What am I missing and where do I find it?
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
You have to do something to the hedge. Cut or chop or something. It will open a new area for you. Oh, and one other hint. 'Plugh'. I won't say more.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Be sure to look behind the chest after you open it!
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks. I needed that.

Time to feed the Grue.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

I haven't found my Grue to be very useful yet. I hear that they get really powerful when it's dark (duh), as in when both Ronald and Grimace are new moons. However, I have never been playing the game at such a time.
sndrake
Member # 4941

Woohoo! Drakester finally has his meatcar! Coming up fast on level 6 - maybe ready to tackle the bats then.

I figure a couple of days of adventuring, and slightly less generous donations to the clan and I'll be ready to go on vacation. Now to figure out which destination suits me best...

UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

The Ranch is best for Muscle, the Beach for Mysticality, and the Ski Resort for Moxie. In addition, specific useful (but not, IIRC, necessary) items can be found in particular vacation spots. The frequent traveler rewards can be really cool, too. One of my characters has vacationed so many times he has run out of rewards.
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
I've had the strange leaflet for a few days now, and can't hit on wording that it understands. I've gotten to the point where there's a hedge and a big stick on the ground, but no matter what I type it says it doesn't understand. Any suggestions?

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Do you have the sword from the house?

If you do, cut the hedge with it.

Azile
Member # 2312

- posted      Profile for Azile   Email Azile         Edit/Delete Post 
What do I do with my valuable trinkets? I hate it when I get these- they don't do anything, do they? I got them twice when I went on my vacations.
Posts: 181 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Sorry, I don't think I've ever come across a Valuable Trinket. As far as I can tell, they don't do anything. They are worth a decent bit if you sell them.

But who knows? Maybe they do something and I just don't know about it.

Azile
Member # 2312

Nah, from what I hear, they don't do anything. Even selling them is only 150 each. What a waste of vacation. [Grumble]
Posts: 181 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
I got a set of plans for building a dinghy as a frequent traveller reward. Where do I find the planks to build the boat?
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Those plans are worthless. I mean really, really worthless. Get it?

Oh, forget it. The hermit has them.

Derrell
Member # 6062

Sir Frodo of The Shire has just applied to join.

So, what, does the boat sink? Or are you trying to hide some hidden treasure? [Wink]

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Azile
Member # 2312

I named my Grue Hagrid. It's so cute that I want to squish it.
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Sir Frodo and TeraPen are in.
CaySedai
Member # 6459

Thanks. Now if I can just get my other characters to level up, I'll be asking to get them in, too.

I started the game after midnight, so I have to wait until it's Friday. Darn.

Azile
Member # 2312

That's just four more hours isn't it? I live it the west coast, so at 9:00 pm for me, the day starts over.
CaySedai
Member # 6459

what time zone does KoL operate on?
Derrell
Member # 6062

I know that new turns and such are given out at midnight, Eastern time. That's when the server reset happens.

edited to add that like Azile said, that's 9 Pacific.

[ July 08, 2004, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: Derrell ]

sndrake
Member # 4941

BTW, did I read that FAQ right? At sometime in the future, they will be restarting the whole system and everyone will be set back to first level?

Everything we accomplish - dust in the wind. [Frown]

[ July 08, 2004, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: sndrake ]

Azile
Member # 2312

Yep. There will be a reset.
Derrell
Member # 6062

sndrake, the game is in beta testing. When it goes live, we will have to start all over again. The clans will also be wiped out and we'll have to reform the Jatraqueros.
Azile
Member # 2312

Well, actually- I think it is a good thing, particularly for people like us who just started. Everyone will be on equal footing.
Derrell
Member # 6062

This is true.
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Ummm... is anyone else mysteriously incapable of combining items? The option to do it is no longer there. Have I just gone blind?
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
If only it weren't too late to delete that post...

yup, that was my problem. Thanks!

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
I love my cocktailing kit! I just made two drinks that gained me 16 adventures!

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, there's a bunch of stuff in our stash but I don't know what the best stuff to equip for my level is? Any hints? I'm level 3, Jonny Dangerously.
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

okay, my disco bandit - CaySedai - is up to level three and I've just applied to be in the clan. Also, I have a pastamancer named RitaRotini that I expect should level up tonight and I'll apply for her as well.
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Argh! Some white choclate golem just kicked my butt for 21 hp! I don't even have 21 HP! The most damage I've ever taken before this is 2 HP! What fun being beaten up is!
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
FYI everyone, ten-leaf clovers are back today, after something like a 5 day absence. Bout time.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

Drakeula picked up a Spooky Sapling. I tried taking it back to the campsite and putting spooky-gro fertilizer on it, but was told I should try planting it first. Any hints on what I need to do here? Is there something else I need? A specific place to go?
  This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  30  31  32   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.