FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Kingdom of Loathing (Page 11)

This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  30  31  32   
Author Topic: The Kingdom of Loathing
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
He's been doing a lot of trading, and I think he has several "meat farmer" characters that get a bunch of spider webs and sell them for approximately 2k each.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm...

If the owners of the site were serious about what they wrote in the Users' agreement, he could get in trouble for that. OTOH, from at least one encounter described in this thread, he's probably not the only one doing that and the owners aren't really serious about pulling characters that exist just to enrich others.

If I understand you correctly, that is.

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Where the heck can you sell a spiderweb for 2000 meat?

---

That said, does anyone know this guy? It's, like, only his second post on this board. And while meat's always welcome, why would he join OUR clan?

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Azile
Member # 2312

- posted      Profile for Azile   Email Azile         Edit/Delete Post 
I think he's mr_porteiro_head's brother.

Thanks a bunch for the large donation, ktron! [Smile]

edit: typo

[ July 11, 2004, 12:08 AM: Message edited by: Azile ]

Posts: 181 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keither
Member # 6681

- posted      Profile for keither   Email keither         Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, i am portiero's brother, and ktron42 as well, if you join the chat on the right, you will see peopl buying stuff for TONS of meat. and i really need moxie and muscle, so i decided to put in the money to get one and lots of defences, and since i am not sending meat to my main character, they cant punish me, because it is only if you do this to level up faster than normal, right? if you are looking to level up on a specific characteristic, the gym is the best place. well, now that you all know who i am, praise my karma, and ask me if you want anything, chances are in a day or two i could afford it. well, i hope you dont all hate me for wanting a gym, but i have made this easily possible, right? [Big Grin]
Posts: 19 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keither
Member # 6681

anyone need cash? i have 20000 extra on hand at the moment [Evil]
Posts: 19 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I need cash, but I think I'd rather earn it the way the maker of the game intended.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I just applied to the Jatraquero clan. My handle's sarmup.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
To that end, Tom:

If you have the Leprechaun familiar, you can earn 60-90 gold per adventure in the batcave.

I think that's where it was. . . batcave or goat mountain.

EDIT: By gold, I mean meat. [Smile]

[ July 11, 2004, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: Scott R ]

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
what part of the bat cave? I need to level up - keep losing all my hp.
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
I had good luck in the center part of the bat cave (forget what it's called). I hope the council gives me some new tasks soon; right now I'm just running around getting meat and trying not to get killed by those darn hippies on the island.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

I need to keep track of what I'm doing - I have 3 characters for me and 2 "for my kids" - although I haven't actually let them play yet. [Blushing] Bad mommy - me.
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
The bat poo area.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

okay - I can get in there with at least one of my characters. I may spend a couple of days trying to get up to level 5, though, so I can get into the mall.
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wall Bash] [Wall Bash] [Wall Bash]

what is this game?

[Dont Know] [Wall Bash] [Wall Bash] [Wall Bash]

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
It's here...

[Smile] You just sign up...

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I must be a weirdo. I have another character who's not in the clan, but I barely ever use him. I think I'm to the point now with my main character that I'm getting enough adventures per day that I don't feel cheated.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

*thinks space opera needs to check out the wench tavern*

*greases S.O.'s palm with creative discount*

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

fallow: when you get to level 3, sign up for the Jatraqueros clan and post in here so they will accept you. It's so worth it - an extra 3 adventures (turns) and 500 meat(monetary unit) per day.
fallow
Member # 6268

cay,

what's on level 3?

fallow

CaySedai
Member # 6459

when you are level 3, you are allowed to join a clan. Also, the flea market opens up and you can buy stuff from other players. At level 5, you can get into the mall, but I'm not there yet.

It's an insidiously addictive game - for me, at least. [Wink]

saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
The best place I've found for getting meat is the Cobb's Knob Treasury. I typically get between 65 and 90 meat per fight, but on top of that you occasionally just grab 300-500 meat without combat.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

Sax,

good cuts?

fallow

saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Presumably.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

not cared to taste?

fallow

JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, Jonny Fever applying to Jatraqueros clan...
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

WhoosyWhatsit and DingDangDurgen have applied to Jatraqueros clan - those are the accounts for my kids - honest. [No No] bad Mommy hasn't let them play the game yet.
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
punwit applying for membership [Hail]
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
The following new members are in the clan:
Jonny Fever
punwit
TwoTailed Tom
KERNS
Jade Angel
WhoosyWhatsit
DingDangDurgen
SiShBob

Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm hearing at least one person wanting us to purchase exercise equipment right away, but I've heard others say they think we might want to spend our meat on other things first, e.g. defense?

I'm inclined to get the exercise equipment, but I want to throw the question out here for discussion first. What do you guys want?

Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

You know, in reviewing our meat balance, it looks to me like we can afford all three pieces of exercise equipment and still have plenty left over for other things. I hope it's okay with everyone if I go ahead and get the equipment, and then we can discuss what to do with the rest of our meat.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Is anyone else having difficulty accessing the inventory? When I click the inventory link, it just takes me back to the main screen.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Actually, it's happening on any of those links. I can't use any of the shortcuts.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Then you probably hit Back in your browser. The game seems to have an anti-cheating feature that prevents you from doing anything after you have hit the Back button.

You'll have to get out of the game, and possibly out of your browser, before trying to get back in. And in the future, don't hit Back.

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

You hit the nail on the head, UULG:) Thanks! I got the error message, and Backed to get past it. Next time, I'll just hit refresh.
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
I've generally found when that happens that you have to close out the browser completely. Sometimes refresh does odd things, so I use one of the links still active to get back to what I was doing (assuming this mainscreen redirect isn't going on).
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
By all means, buy the gym!
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
DanaKay, level 3 Sauceror has applied to join the clan.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

Also, I used the certificate I got from the oriole, and the Council still won’t give me a quest. Is there something else I’m supposed to do?
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, get stronger. I don't know if I was level 4 before I got my first council quest or not, but I was at least close to it. For some reason, getting to lv. 4 seemed to take longer than any since.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

dkw, did you put the certificate up in your campsite yet ([use] the certificate)? I'm not sure, but I think you have to do that before you get quests.
dkw
Member # 3264

Yes, I did.
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I found out one very useful thing about the exercise machines. If you manage to get too staggeringly drunk to go adventuring. You can still use the exercise machines without hurting yourself - even gain significant stats.
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

After the weekend, I had a lot of adventures left and no time to use them. So I just spent most of them at the gym, and gained a TON of stat points. My best character is now level ten, and only a few Moxie points away from gaining access to the areas at the top of the beanstalk. I already got the "last" quest, the Naughty Sorceress, but I need some items from the top of the beanstalk in order to complete the quest.
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

It appears that the gym is really good if you want to gain strength. The dude ranch seems to give me an X-Treme Stone or a 10-leaf clover as often as it gives me muscle.
keither
Member # 6681

i love that gym [The Wave] i used all of my adventures today in the hoboflex, and i gained 10 muscle points! i love that thing [Big Grin]
dkw
Member # 3264

So, lawguy, you gonna let me in the clan, or what?

<--- lacks patience

UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Sorry. Dana Kay is in.

Who's RyanKalithan?

Azile
Member # 2312

- posted      Profile for Azile   Email Azile         Edit/Delete Post 
How can I get into the hippy store?
Posts: 181 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keither
Member # 6681

ryankalithan is a friend of mine that isnt on hatrack yet, but i am getting him on.... so i vouch for his ungooberishness that he is ready for the clan
  This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  30  31  32   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.