FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The eternal bra thread (used to be bra sizes funny) (Page 8)

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: The eternal bra thread (used to be bra sizes funny)
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
[Angst]

I sure hope Ivygirl isn't reading this thread while at school, like she often does.....

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I don't know. Who better to learn this stuff from then hatrackers? [Smile]
Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Farmgirl was reffering to a non-innocuous comment she made about.. umm ... frogs.

Hobbes [Smile]

[ December 17, 2004, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, as PSI noted, I did edit judiciously. [Smile]
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

No, I was just thinking of the people who read over her shoulder at school......
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread makes me smile. I like it. [Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

You mean that they may read about the frogs?

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it is accurate information, non-prurient and not salacious. Just explicit. At least it isn't a XXX site.
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

I wouldn't want my daughter finding out about frogs online either. Much better in a biology class where the setting is so much more neutral and there's someone responsible to their to answer her questions about ...

umm..

frogs.

Hobbes [Smile]

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I think information is always good, and it's being discussed here calmly and clinically by adults with senses of humor. People need to learn about sex some way, and this is the best way, I think.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I disagree. The only place children should learn about frogs in their own backyard pond.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm can't anything more horrifying or more unlikely than discussing frogs in my family's house.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah right. My question got me held after class while the teacher called me immature. There's actually a whole website now devoted to how the mechanics work. Sometimes the internet is better than school.
Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

I used to love observing tadpoles in the stagnant water between the rows in the field across the street. I kept notes on their progress, drew pictures.

I'd forgotten that.

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Kat: In reality, that's true for me too. My mom tried to talk about frogs and tadpoles and all that stuff and I really just kinda wanted her to shut up.

[ December 17, 2004, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

I don't know Kat, all this talk of frogs has made me hungry.

And PSI, the pond? Really? You aren't from the catskills are you?

[OK, I'm done being out-there-goofy in this thread for a while, you can all return to being mature adults and I'll let you be [Smile] ]

Hobbes [Smile]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*giggles* We have bullfrogs in the pond behind our complex.

Now I'm never going to look at them the same way.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok. I am SO confused with this frog thing.
Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

quote:
{L} Lingerie designed by NASA

HAHA! How did I miss this before?
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
"Kegels" - now you can laugh all you want, but I have no idea what that means. Did I tell you that having NO sexual education whatsoever in school (at any level) really, really, but really sucks?! I don't even know if it's something you're supposed to learn there or not... Hurray for the Romanian school system! [Grumble]

Edit: Spacesshifting  places...

[ December 17, 2004, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Kegels are pelvic muscle exercises (rythmic clenching and unclenching of muscles) that were developed by a Dr. Kegel (originally for women after childbirth). I have only heard them being for women, so the idea that men would do kegels is news to me. Strengthening the muscles involved helps with incontinence and also increases sexual pleasure.

[ December 17, 2004, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't learn it in school. My mom taught me because of a bladder infection when I was in HS. It's a series of exercises you do. Google it, you should find plenty of info.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
Kegels are important for pregnant women. They help all kinds of post-delivery complaints. And becuase the muscles are being toned, they make sex more enjoyable.
Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Thanks. Reading the info on the website right now.
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Kegels apparently help men go longer before ejaculating, IIRC.

Um, edit: To change "me" to "men". [Embarrassed]

[ December 17, 2004, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

They're very easy to do, as long as you remember. Hell, as a guy, you can do them while reading this thread.
Corwin
Member # 5705

Now I wish I saw the initial post, PSI! And print it! (I'm mean, I know...)
[ROFL]

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

But women need a special set of Kegels barbells, a workout suit, and a year's pass to a gym. [Big Grin]
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Kegel's allow men to hold back an ejaculation so they last longer during sex.

quote:
Sara - On a related note, I wonder if it's possible to develop callouses on genital skin?
There are those that say that, in addition to the loss of nerves and lubrication from the foreskin, the head of the penis develops a layer of protective cells like a callous in men who have been circumcised. This loss of sensation is, apparently, what allows them last longer before ejaculating.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Yay!

I mean...sorry to hear about that, guys.

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Um, guys, isn't it possible for a woman to sort of "overdo it" and make things too sensitive and unfun?
Yeah, PSI, immediately after orgasm the glans is too sensitive for much direct contact to be pleasurable. My understanding is that it's not unlike the clitoris in that respect.

I've thought of a couple other times in which I experienced pain associated with sex. The first time I had sex, after orgasm my stomach hurt in much the same way that it does a few hours after having been kicked in the crotch. Another time, the woman was on top, and kind of came down at the wrong angle, flexing the shaft of my penis in a really unplesant way. And yeah, I can testify to the fact that having sex 6 or 7 times in the space of an evening can result in some soreness afterward. Not from chafing, so much as...well...over-inflation, so to speak. Erections are always painful for a day or two after such a session.

Sara, I'm fairly hard to embarass--you basically don't need to worry about asking me a question that is too personal to be answered in public. Plus, if there is any question about whether or not your motivation for asking is positive, I'm going to generally assume that it is. I trust you pretty implicitly.

quote:
I used to love observing tadpoles in the stagnant water between the rows in the field across the street. I kept notes on their progress, drew pictures.
Do you have any idea how much fun we'd have had together, had we know each other as kids? You're really just...I can't even begin to tell you how much I like you!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

quote:
The first time I had sex, after orgasm my stomach hurt in much the same way that it does a few hours after having been kicked in the crotch.
Glad to hear you didn't let that stop you. You're such a trooper! *wipes tear*
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Klutzy sex...

Those of you who know me shouldn't be surprised. I told a very good friend, that the intimacy of sex was really more about laughing together at the crazy things our bodies manage to do together than it is about orgasm.

***EXPLICITNESS WARNING***

There was once when it was quite clearly painful for him. We somehow moved totally out of sync with each other, and I think he hit the top of my pubic bone with his penis just as he was ejaculating. It wasn't actually painful to me, but he was clearly in pain, for quite a while afterwards, he kind of curled up into a ball til the pain subsided. Wasn't much I could do to help him, though I wish I could have. Kissing it to make it better wasn't exactly an option.

AJ

[ December 17, 2004, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
My most potent memory of a bullfrog is my uncles blowing one up with a rock shot from a slingshot at close range.

I was four. [Frown]

Where is my childhood?!

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
Glad to hear you didn't let that stop you. You're such a trooper! *wipes tear*
[ROFL]
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
All this talk about tadpoles is kind of rocking my boat, as I had figured most of you people grew up in cities.

When I was a kid, I knew all the best places to look for tadpoles in the river by my house. When I was in middle school, though, we had some pretty major flooding, and the county channelized a long stretch of the river. While that was good for drainage, it also meant that all the calm spots by the banks where the tadpoles grew were destroyed. I was sad.

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

When I was in middle school, my dad had the pond out in our pasture bulldozed. I loved playing down by it, trying to catch frogs, watching tadpoles and dragon flies, messing around with cattails, wading out and inevitably getting leeches, sliding around on the ice in the winter, etc. I can understand why he had it bulldozed--it was silting up, and was basically just a breeding ground for mosquitos from his perspective, but it was almost physically painful for me when he did it. I remember walking around the scar that was all that remained of it a day or two after he'd done it, and picking up a dirt clod to throw, and seeing that it had a little head poking out of it. It was a tiny juvenile painted turtle. I cleared the hardened mud off of it, and saw that it was fine except for one leg, which looked like it had been crushed half in and half out of the shell. I thought I was going to have to kill to poor thing, but for some reason I took it up to a spigot and washed it off first, and discovered that the leg was really just trapped by mud. I took it back to a creek in the woods and let it go.

[ December 17, 2004, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
*leers at Farmgirl*

As I do recall, you have pretty goodly rack.

Oh, umm...did I type that out loud? [Razz]

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

I used to play in the marsh near my house against my mother's wishes. I brought home ticks and all kinds of foul things. There was this tree that was the only tree in a small clearing that was covered with branches, and I built a little house on one limb. It was low enough and the ground was muddy enough that you could jump out without doing anything more that hurting the arches of your feet.

That's a nice story and all, except that I stole the wood out of a neighbor's yard to build the house, and the neighbor boys eventually tore it down. [Frown]

The only life was fiddler crab and snails, but those were pretty cool, anyway.

margarita
Member # 6856

- posted      Profile for margarita   Email margarita         Edit/Delete Post 
I LOVE the development of this thread.

[Smile]

Posts: 54 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

[ROFL]
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

"I LOVE the development of this thread."

*BOWS* I'll take full credit for all the posts about painful sex. *Grin*

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

"Development" [ROFL] *snorts*
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
One of the coolest memories I have is of a hike in the desert on large sandstone slabs. It was spring, so it was the rainy season. In every crevice and hollow of the sandstone was a little puddle of water. Some "puddles" were actually small pools, maybe three inches deep and several feet in diameter. Others were at most an inch deep and a foot in diameter. But in nearly every puddle were swarms of tadpoles. Some were further along, growing legs and almost ready to climb out.

It was amazing to think that the frogs that laid the eggs in the puddles somehow "knew" that spring was the time to do it; that there was no water anywhere around, and that these little puddles would be dry in a matter of weeks. The little tadpoles thrived in the puddles and eventually crawled out to repeat the cycle. Isn't nature amazing?

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
What I seem to remember most about my childhood is playing outside, all day, every day, almost all year long. We waded in the creeks and caught tadpoles and salamanders, made minnow traps, and just observed the life there. It was so wonderful.

Also we played in the woods a lot and made forts and treehouses. We learned so much about building stuff, and also about what steps are necessary to keep the racoons from eating the potato chips overnight. (Nothing short of bringing all food in the house overnight could prevent it. Those guys are agile and SMART!)

Also I loved to play in the rain and splash in the puddles. Building dams to make pools of various sizes was also great fun. Can you repair it with mud and sticks faster than it will erode? It's a race against time, with lots of excitement and occasional catastrophic failures. [Smile] I was only allowed to play outside if it wasn't lightning.

Oh, and the evening when the lightning bugs come out. Playing out there, catching lightning bugs and watching them blink. Letting them crawl up our hands to our fingertips, lift their wings, and fly away. It was glorious.

I think back to all those hours outdoors and that is like a precious solid joy that anchors my whole life. Why do people stay indoors so much? Why do I? That's the thing I think my own nieces missed out on most of all in their childhoods, compared to mine. They had lots more stuff, more toys and games, but I think we had a lot more fun. I don't know. I wouldn't trade it for anything. [Smile]

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
When I think of all the impressionable young minds who will read this thread and form involuntary, potentially embarrassing associations about frogs... it brings a smile, it really does.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

I used to love going out into this meadow a mile or two into the woods behind my house, and sitting in the big tree in the center of it watching the wind blow the waist high grass, while the lake twinkled in the sun in the distance. There was a white tree on a ridge that I could see from there, and I'd often go off in search of it, but I don't think I ever actually found it. I had all sorts of fun searching for it though. I also liked going to this pond that was in the same general stretch of woods, and climbing up into this fallen tree that was caught in the crotch of another tree, and watching the beavers in the pond building their dam. I built a number of rafts of various designs and poled around that pond. In the winter I liked to go into that meadow I mentined above, completely bundled up, and lie down and just let the snow fall on me. One of the neighborhood dogs was half St. Bernard, though, and he's always try to rescue me after a while. Sometimes he'd lay down on me, and sometimes lick my face until I'd get up. Once he grabbed my pantleg and started dragging me toward home. I loved that dog.
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

We have about 3 acres of woods, protected wetlands, on the property I grew up on. In the winter, the little marshes and ponds would all freeze over, and my brother and I would clear the snow off a patch of them and skate around on the ice. In the summer, those ponds and marshes would mostly dry up and be covered in ferns. We would run around through the woods, carrying buckets of acorns we would collect every fall, and try to find and peg each other with the acorns. Eventually, we built a little wooden platform in one of the trees, so we could look out further across the woods.

We have a big family of deer living back there, now. About 8 at last count. There are also red AND grey fox. When I was 12 or so, I was running around the yard and almost tripped over a baby red fox stalking a mouse. I quickly ran away, and when I turned, I could see the mother fox watching from about 8 feet from where I had almost stepped on the baby. I am not sure what she would have done if I had hurt the baby... I was, even at that age, about 10 times larger then the mother. So I backed off a bit, and watched the baby practice stalking mice for a good hour before it lost patience and ran off.

We also have wild turkey, that occassionally wander through. And, the most recent wildlife spotting, last april, I was looking out the back window during a family gathering, and noticed a strange animal on one of the fallen trees stretching across a small stream. After some examination, and cross referencing with our wildlife guide, we decided it was a Fisher.

On top of the standard new england small wildlife, such as chipmunks, squirrels, racoons, groundhogs, et al, we have a pretty good collection of ground life. FOr a few years, we had a hawk that lived in a tree fairly close to the yard, during the spring. He'd show up for about 3 weeks every april. He must have either moved on or died, because we haven't seen him in 10 years.

Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
I live near Crater Hill, which is actually the surviving portion of a volcano that gradually eroded into the ocean on the other side, leaving one end connected to the island and the other submerged in the sea (er...it's kinda hard to explain in writing. Hmph.) It forms a giant cliff face that meets the bay, and while the beach sand covers up most of the lavarock underneath, there are still all sorts of weird rock shapes for water to collect in. Me and my brother used to go down there and play with the tadpoles that somehow ended up in there. I can't recall ever seeing grown-up frogs on the beach, though. How weird.

Which is a drawn-out way of saying "me likey the froggies". [Razz]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
OOoooh yeah! I love to see the wildlife. When I was a teenager I used to go back into the woods behind our house and sit on the "resting rock", a large boulder with a nice seatlike depression, and sit perfectly still for hours on end. After about an hour the animals just forget you are there, or decide you aren't a threat. They come out and do their thing. A bird perched an inch from my fingertip once. And another time I saw a mother fox and her litter of kits. That was awesome!

I feed the birds and squirrels and racoons back here and so I get a lot of visitors. Red foxes are some of the most beautiful animals ever! Their coats, all red above and black below, are gorgeous. Sometimes their tails have white tips. I've also looked out and seen a huge wild turkey perching on my deck railing! That was quite a surprise. I've seen coyotes here before too but not lately. We have hawks quite frequently, they are attracted to the other animals who come to feed. No deer here, though. I wish we did. It's too close to town.

Where I used to live, south of town, I had Great Blue Herons wading in the creek at dusk, looking for minnows. They are gorgeous too.

Here we have Pileated Woodpeckers sometimes, but it's been a number of years since I've seen one. I hope they don't go extinct like their cousins the Ivory Billed Woodpeckers. (Some people still have hope for the Ivory Billed, in remote parts of Cuba or even FL or LA swamps.) They are huge and gorgeous birds, and have a distinctive call that's almost like a turkey gobble.

[ December 17, 2004, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: Tatiana ]

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.