FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack.ca v2.0 is over. Pictures starting on page 19! (Page 9)

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  19  20  21   
Author Topic: Hatrack.ca v2.0 is over. Pictures starting on page 19!
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 

Sometimes, I really dislike being totally non-innuendo-ish. Other times, it makes me feel like I have a kind of moral superiority.

[Monkeys]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
It's just because you're young and innocent. You'll learn when you're older. [Razz]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

I resent that.

1. I may be young and innocent, but I am not that young and innocent. I'm a lot less innocent than I was, say, three years ago. However, because I do not try to hear innuendo, or try to put it in (unless I'm in a really odd mood), I tend to just gloss over other people's.

2. In real life, this isn't a problem. People usually smirk, so I can tell. On the internet, it's more difficult.

3. I get the feeling I have a "sweet and innocent, fluffy, bunnies and flowers" type reputation.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

That was how I felt when I was your age, too. [Wink]

(Okay, now I'm just being a dick. But at least I'm honest about it. [Razz] )

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Considering I just wrote an exam on English criticism you'd think I'd have picked up on it as well. But then, you're just a sweet and innocent kind of guy, aren't ya? What was your favourite kind of apple again? [Wink]

Anyway, I'm just going to chalk it up to my wanting to tell my story.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

quote:
I appreciate your honesty...not, you know..a lot...but...

[Mad] [Razz]
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
Not to discourage you, Teshi, but at nearly 23, I *still* can't get rid of my sweet and innocent sunshine and flowers reputation. It can be handy, I admit, but sometimes I really wish people would learn the difference between honest and innocent...

Edit: How'd the exam go, Dan?

[ April 09, 2005, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: Astaril ]

Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

You know, in some circles I have that sort of reputation myself. [Smile] It can be useful.

quote:
What was your favourite kind of apple again?
Why am I not remembering what the apple thing is about? Is it, perhaps, a little too much time spent with my good friend Alexander Keith? ( [Big Grin] )
Desdemona
Member # 7100

- posted      Profile for Desdemona   Email Desdemona         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah. [Blushing]

I probably would have caught that IRL, but I seem to think of Hatrack as a sunshine and flowers kinda place. Except for when KQ posts, obviously. [Razz]

EDIT: typpo

[ April 09, 2005, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: Desdemona ]

Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

KQ?!?

When I think "queen of Hatrack innuendo," my mind does not immediately jump to KQ.

Desdemona
Member # 7100

I was lurking in a chat with her once... [Angst]

EDIT: and I wasn't really around during the height of the Ralphie era.

[ April 09, 2005, 11:41 PM: Message edited by: Desdemona ]

Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

I'll take your word for it.
Teshi
Member # 5024

I don't mind being sunshiny cheerful optimism, but I don't like being lambs, puppies and bunnies. It's simply not me!

I need a way to project another image.

EDIT: Perhaps a signature that strikes fear into the hearts of my enemie, followed by a smile, to show although I may be fierce, I'm also cheerful:

[Mad] [Smile]

What do you think?

[ April 09, 2005, 11:47 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

twinky
Member # 693

I dunno about bunnies. I wouldn't go that far. But "pure as the driven snow?" Yes, I would say that.

That does not, however, detract from your many other awesome qualities. [Smile]

Teshi
Member # 5024

Pfft. You have no idea what sort of qualities I have.

[Mad] [Smile]

EDIT: Although "pure as the driven snow" has a sort of fierce sound about it [Wink] .

[ April 09, 2005, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

twinky
Member # 693

I'm not buying the " [Mad] "

And I'm also not going to take the bait and enumerate a list of qualities.

Teshi
Member # 5024

I'm not asking for qualities. I'm just saying. This what I mean. I never go fishing for compliments! (Okay, sometimes, but not ONLINE) You have no idea what sort of person I am, other that my innocentness, which I'll admit to.

Hmph [Smile] .

twinky
Member # 693

*laugh*

You're pretty bright, and you're articulate. So there! That's two, two's a list.

ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Goodness, what I miss when I go out for dinner. So, what kind of sign are we talking about here, twink?
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

*sigh*

Well thank you very much, twinky, but I'm honestly not looking for compliments. Also, I am not all that articulate in person, so it's not even all that correct. I don't mean to be mean.

Let's change the conversation topic. I'm feeling a little like I'm under a magnifying glass.

EDIT: Thank you, ElJay...

[ April 10, 2005, 12:04 AM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

ElJay
Member # 6358

No problem, Teshi. I like you too, and I think you're really cool. [Smile] I'm looking forward to meeting you.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

IhaveapianoIhaveapianoIhaveapianoIhaveapianoIhaveapiano!!!

And I'm learning Lylatov! [Big Grin]

[ August 19, 2021, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: twinky ]

Teshi
Member # 5024

... Is that you playing?
twinky
Member # 693

Yeah. [Smile] I love this piece. Love it, love it, love it.
Temposs
Member # 6032

- posted      Profile for Temposs           Edit/Delete Post 
Another request for a place to stay in Toronto on May 16th & 17th for my roommate and I, in case you all hadn't seen it before.

Does someone who's going to this hatrack.ca thingy actually LIVE around Toronto(i.e. within an hour's drive) on a permanent basis? :-P

Posts: 106 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

You. Are. Amazing.

Wow.

(A little choppy on the runs ( [Wink] That's my criticism), but still, holy crumpets!)

And it is a very lovely piece. I'm going to find a piano and make you perform it when you come.

twinky
Member # 693

No no no no. I can't perform it. It isn't ready. There are swaths of melody in the middle that still escape me. [Edit: Yeah, this piano is so crisp that it really shows every little error. I wasn't aware how choppy my runs were until playing it on this today.]

Temposs, I don't live in or near Toronto. Sorry... [Frown]

[ April 10, 2005, 01:09 AM: Message edited by: twinky ]

Teshi
Member # 5024

Darn. I won't pressure you, because I strongly dislike being made to perform.

Keep practicing and record it [Smile] .

twinky
Member # 693

I really couldn't have it ready in two weeks. Something simpler, maybe, but if I work really really hard Lylatov might be ready by, say, Christmas. It's difficult.
Teshi
Member # 5024

I can hear that it's difficult! I look forward to hearing the completed and perfected recording [Smile] . I'll remind you around Christmas [Wink] .
twinky
Member # 693

The part I have recorded there is the easy part. Seriously. There's a lot of two on three, four on six, and other weirdness that gives me fits in the remaining five pages. Musically it's very simple, but technically it's challenging. I'm hoping the fact that I love it will give me incentive to practice. [Smile]
Desdemona
Member # 7100

[Eek!] wow...

So,

have we decided zoo vs. CN Tower yet?

Is the zoo on the subway line?

Very sorry for the rerailing, but I would really like to know the answers... maybe we should have a vote zoo vs. CN tower?

Teshi
Member # 5024

The zoo is far away... much less accessible that the CN Tower which is of course on a Subway line.

There are buses that head out to the zoo, I believe, but I can't imagine it would be easy to get to.

If it were easy to get to, I would vote Zoo, because I'm been to the CN Tower many times, but since it's not I'm more ambivalent.

ElJay
Member # 6358

Desdemona... I think we might end up splitting the group. I'd really like to meet you, but things seem like they'll be difficult with you having your home stay student there and planning stuff with your parents and everything. Could we maybe plan on meeting for dinner Saturday night? That way if you guys go to the zoo Saturday while we're at the Science Center we could still all meet up in the evening and the whole group would get a chance to meet you. Would that be okay, or do you already have plans? Plus then if there does end up being a group going to the CN Tower on Sunday and you want to join them, we can work out the details then.
Desdemona
Member # 7100

I think that I'll just stop posting here and confusing everybody, including myself, until I have everything sorted out.

Feel free to go back to your music discussions!

EDIT: Speeling

[ April 10, 2005, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: Desdemona ]

ElJay
Member # 6358

Oh, don't do that! We don't have everything sorted out, either. [Big Grin] At the very least, email me your phone number, so we can connect that weekend and hook up for awhile. [Smile] These things always end up being rather flexible, ya know?
twinky
Member # 693

*bumpity*

Hotel selection needs to be finalized ASAP. I would really like to book it, say, tomorrow.

[ April 10, 2005, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: twinky ]

ElJay
Member # 6358

If you don't get any more responses, I think you'd be perfectly justified in making an executive decision. It's your thread, after all. [Wink]
twinky
Member # 693

Executive decision, you say... I like the sound of that. Executive. Decision. Mmmm, yes.

[Big Grin]

Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, hope you weren't waiting for me. Whatever hotel everyone else is staying at (within a reasonable price range... say under $150 a night [Razz] ) Ted and I are game for [Smile]
Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Cool. This the place we're talking about? Hey, look! Stay two nights and the third is free...

(Guess I didn't have to be concerned about coming in a day early, regardless.)

[ April 10, 2005, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Teshi
Member # 5024

Ooh, that looks like a very nice hotel. It's a shame I have my residence. Sigh.
ElJay
Member # 6358

Hey, looking at those packages, they include deals for hotel and Science Center, and hotel and zoo. The Science Center one includes tickets for 2 adults and 2 kids, so it might not end up being cheaper for us, but anyone who is certainly going to the zoo and staying in the hotel should probably book that way... Or at least check zoo prices, and see if it's a good deal.
Jaiden
Member # 2099

Are we all sure about the Crowne Plaza Toronto?

Because if so, I want to make my reservations tomorrow (or tonight if I get a response)

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

Oh, by the way, I have exams from the 25th on, so if I hide in my books for a few hours, it's not me being antisocial. It's me trying to have a future [Wink]
ElJay
Member # 6358

Sounds fair enough, Jaiden. We won't begrudge you a future. [Wink]

I think we're good for the Crown Plaza... Authur & The Tick okay'd it, twink & I did, and now you and Pod, and that's all that are getting rooms.

twinky
Member # 693

*bumpity*

Depending on your room type preference, the "stay two nights, get the third night free" package can save you a significant chunk of change. Just a heads-up. [Smile]

You can't book packages online, though, you have to contact them either by phone or email.

ElJay
Member # 6358

(does this mean you're booking our room and I don't have to worry about it?)
twinky
Member # 693

Yes.
ElJay
Member # 6358

Cool, thanks. [Smile]
  This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  19  20  21   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.