FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack.ca v2.0 is over. Pictures starting on page 19! (Page 15)

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21   
Author Topic: Hatrack.ca v2.0 is over. Pictures starting on page 19!
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
Technically, I think I'd be real anyway, since I've met EL before too. Though I'm not sure if we've really talked either. In any case, I'll be sure to rush, errr...rush the bus driver, so that I'll meet Teshi first and can watch twinky and ElJay race to be the second. Or something.

Right.

[Big Grin] Hurrah for it being almost the weekend! [Big Grin]

Edit: By the way, will you recognize me, or should I go find an online picture of myself somewhere? I guess this is aimed at twinky, since none of the rest of you have ever seen me. Hmm. Maybe I just answered my own question. I'll go look...

[ April 19, 2005, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: Astaril ]

Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Picture!!!!!
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astaril
Member # 7440

Heh. I found one online already, but BtL would *kill* me. I'll cut him out and post it.
Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Picture, or I won't be able to recognsie you if I get there first!
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
If it's the Halloween one I've already posted it here, so go nuts. Is it a FASS one? I don't think we were ever on stage together...
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astaril
Member # 7440

No, it's the Halloween one. Well, in that case, it's here. (I'm the one *without* the flowers.)

You should post one from FASS this year though anyway, Dan. I'm sure everyone could use a good laugh.

twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder what Eric would think of that picture. I think it would reinforce the conclusions about you that he has already drawn, Dan. [Wink]

This is probably the tenth time I've asked, but are you actually going to be at the con this weekend? [Razz]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

And if you are, will you be wearing the flowers so Teshi and I can recognize you?

[Wink]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
As of yesterday, when I last spoke with Asta about it, I wasn't planning on coming. You, however, should know better about asking me what my plans are any time before I'm actually supposed to be somewhere. If I'm there, I'm coming. But if I don't come, don't expect me [Wink]
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

That's what I figured, I just wanted confirmation that nothing was definite. [Big Grin]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astaril
Member # 7440

Well, to be fair, I *did* have to coerce him into letting me do that to his face. But on the other hand, it really didn't take all that much effort...
ElJay
Member # 6358

You did that, Polly? Great job!
Astaril
Member # 7440

Thanks. (I used to be, well, let's underemphasize it and say 'mildly obsessed' with the musical Cats.) So, Dan, do you want to borrow the flowers if you come Friday then? I mean, it would definitely make things easier for recognizing people.
ElJay
Member # 6358

So if it was Halloween, what were you dressed up as?
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

She had planned on bring a Christmas tree, but wound up going as someone who had spent too much time doing somebody else's makeup and so had to throw on something at the last second.

As for the flowers, you know it wouldn't make much coercing, but didn't they not survive the ceilidh?

Astaril
Member # 7440

We were so close to getting the tree outfit all glued/pinned together in time too. Ah well, your face was worth it. The medieval garb was probably easier to dance in anyway.

And no, I still have the flowers. They're fine. So that means you'll wear them? Well, now you *have* to come.

Desdemona
Member # 7100

- posted      Profile for Desdemona   Email Desdemona         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Tomorrow Sachi comes.

3 days!!!

[Smile]

Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I'm using twink's method of estimation... as far as I'm concerned, it's basically tomorrow.

Which means I should pack!

Which means I should finish the laundry!

Oh dear...

ElJay
Member # 6358

Tomorrow! Tomorrow I will be in Canada! And then the next day the Con 'officially' begins, and I will be meeting all of you fun people! Yay!
Desdemona
Member # 7100

Have you packed and finished the laundry?

[Smile]

Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Um.

<_<

>_>

I put the last load of laundry in the dryer before I left for work.

And I got out my duffel bag! That's progress!

[Big Grin]

ElJay
Member # 6358

But really, I really hope it's not raining tonight, 'cause I want to mow the lawn before I leave, too. It's been a wet Spring, and the grass is just going crazy.
Desdemona
Member # 7100

[Razz]

I've already decided what 'm going to wear (pretty much)

Except for the shirt. I'm deciding between my bright blue one or my Eat the Rich one.

It's a hard decision!

And the weather's looking up: high 15, low 4. Scattered showers.

ElJay
Member # 6358

[Smile] I'm sure it is tough.

I have a general idea of what i'm going to pack. But I do have to pack tonight, 'cause I'm not going home tomorrow after work before going to the airport.

Desdemona
Member # 7100

[Razz] I'll remind you...
ElJay
Member # 6358

*grin* Okay. Around 7:00 your time would be good. I should be home and have the lawn mowed by then.

[Razz]

Desdemona
Member # 7100

What time zone are in? (forgot about all that time zone stuff!)

I'll be sure to remind you... don't want you have to be wearing twinky's clothes all weekend! [Razz]

ElJay
Member # 6358

*LAUGH*

I think my hips are a bit bigger than twinky's.

I'm in Central, so I made the change for you... 7:00 Eastern would be good.

[Razz]

Desdemona
Member # 7100

Only a little bit... and your shoulders may be a bit smaller.

I think that it'd be fine.. [Razz]

grrrr... I got the flood protection THREE TIMES on this. and then it double posted.

[ April 20, 2005, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: Desdemona ]

ElJay
Member # 6358

Hmmmm.... I do like that sunshine shirt he's wearing in one of his foobonic pics...

[Wink]

But with you reminding me to pack, I'm sure it won't be an issue. [Razz]

Besides, if I did forget anything, that would be an excuse to shop, not to steal from my roommate. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Desdemona
Member # 7100

That's true... but won't you go shopping anyways? We need excuse now?
ElJay
Member # 6358

[ROFL]

Ohhh, I like you!

I apparently do need to get a Canada Kicks Ass t-shirt, at least!

Desdemona
Member # 7100

What can I say. However much I deny it, I'm a girly girl at heart. [Smile]
ElJay
Member # 6358

Nothing wrong with that. [Smile]
twinky
Member # 693

[Razz]

Let's review.

Thursday night I'm meeting ElJay at the airport and we are making our way to the hotel. On Friday we'll get on the bus->subway and meet Astaril and Teshi (and maybe BtL!) circa 1 PM at the Greyhound terminal, which is a few blocks' walk from the Bloor-Yonge subway station. We will cavort around downtown Toronto until 5 PM or so, when we will meet Des, Sachi, RD, and EL in front of the ROM. Then we will have dinner at the cool place Teshi scoped out, take in all the dinosaurs we can see at the ROM, and then ElJay, RD, and myself will attempt to persuade everyone else to go swing dancing at a place the fine folks over at the Lindy Hopper forums recommend (the Reservoir Lounge, which is downtown on Wellington street near Yonge). Des and Sachi won't be able to come because they're leaving early (9 PM or so, right Des?), so we will cry bitter tears but do our best to carry on. At maybe 10 PM we'll call the hotel to see if Clan Tick has arrived. At maybe 12 AM we'll call the hotel again to see if Jaiden and Pod have arrived. We will coordinate plans for meeting on Saturday morning and then when our feet are just too tired to dance anymore we will disperse (taking Teshi home first if it's late) and then retire.

If the dancing is ultimately voted down, just replace it with everyone going back to the hotel to play games. [Smile]

Then on Saturday morning we convene and make for the Science Centre. [Smile]

TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds about right, dude.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Okay. I'll email you and Jaiden when I get home from work so we can all swap reservation info (like, say, last names) so that we'll be able to reach one another in the hotel.
Desdemona
Member # 7100

Perfect. Exactly right. [Smile]
ElJay
Member # 6358

Desde, you should give your cell phone number to someone, too, so if we don't meet up easy we can call you.

I nominate not me. I don't do well with phone numbers. [Big Grin]

Desdemona
Member # 7100

Who wants it? Cellphone number up for auction.

Do I hear twinky?

What about Asta?

Soooomebody else?

ElJay
Member # 6358

Just put in a qualification here that it's for the highest bidder who's attending the con.
twinky
Member # 693

I'll take it. I'll write it down and then memorize it in case I lose it.
Desdemona
Member # 7100

[Razz] at Eljay.

Twinky, it's sent to the e-mail in your profile.

TheTick
Member # 2883

If you want to send it to me also, I can program it into my phone so I definitely won't lose it.

mightytick at gmail dot com

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Got it. Replied.

Tick and Jaiden, you have email from me as well regarding hotel reservations.

Desdemona
Member # 7100

I won't see you, Tick. Your flight gets in after I have to go home. [Frown]
twinky
Member # 693

See, this is the only thing about this whole con that I'm unhappy with. Astaril, Des, and Sachi won't get to meet Clan Tick, Jaiden, or Pod. [Frown]

Teshi, ElJay and I will have to be cool enough to make up for it, I suppose. [Razz]

TheTick
Member # 2883

That's right, there's a severe lack of cell-phone-having at this gathering.
twinky
Member # 693

Possibly because cellphones are the devil.
Desdemona
Member # 7100

[Roll Eyes] Cellphones are a necessity.

Do Astaril/EL/the other person who's coming that I can't remember have cellphones?

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.