FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The movie quote game (Page 15)

This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  48  49  50   
Author Topic: The movie quote game
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
#2: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoops...no, I take that back, #2 is Men in Black.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
1) Die Hard
10) Joe vs. the Volcano
11) Buckaroo Banzaii across the 8th Dimension
13) 12 Monkees?
15) Fletch!

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
12) Dr. Strangelove: or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
(Reposted with updates 'cause it's a new page):

1) "We're going to need some more FBI guys, I guess." - Die Hard (SenojRetep)

2) "Human thought is so primitive it's looked upon as an infectious disease by the rest of the universe. That kind of makes you proud, doesn't it?" - Men in Black (BlackBlade)

3) "Pride is an abomination. One must forego the self to obtain total spiritual creaminess, and avoid the chewy chunks of degradation." - Ace Ventura 2: When Nature Calls (Javert)

4) "Loneliness has followed me my whole life, everywhere. In bars, in cars, sidewalks, stores, everywhere. There's no escape. I'm God's lonely man." - Taxi Driver

5) "Prepare for the fight scene!" - Robin Hood: Men In Tights (BlackBlade)

6) "Is he always this funny, or only on days when he's wanted for murder?" - Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Morbo)

7) "Danger always strikes when everything seems fine." - The Seven Samurai

8) "Hard part's over. Now let's get these other piggies wiggling." - Kill Bill, Volume 1 (Goody Scrivener)

9) "I am the author. You are the audience. I outrank you!" - The Producers (Evie3217)

10) "I tell you one thing, though. Wherever we go, whatever we do, we're gonna take this luggage with us!" - Joe Versus the Volcano (SenojRetep)

11) "I've come for your TV. You've been using too much juice. Another 10,000 kilowatts again this month. Beats me how an old, homicidal loony can use that much power." - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension (SenojRetep)

12) "Well, I, uh, don't think it's quite fair to condemn a whole program because of a single slip-up, sir." - Dr. Strangelove (SenojRetep)

13) "I must be crazy to be in a loony bin like this." - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (BlackBlade)

14) "I'm chaos, and he's mayhem. We're a double act." - Lethal Weapon 3 (BlackBlade)

15) "This little proposition doesn't entail me dressing as Little Bo-Peep, does it?" - Fletch (SenojRetep)

16) "Ernest Hemingway once wrote, 'The world is a fine place and worth fighting for.' I agree with the second part." - Seven

17) "Wow, what a day, first that restaurant by the bay and then that, that play, that, that, that Oedipus thing. Man, I thought I had problems." - Hercules (Goody Scrivener)

18) "Life, which you so nobly serve, comes from destruction, disorder, and chaos." - The Fifth Element (BlackBlade)

19) "So raise your hand if you think that was a Russian water-tentacle." - The Abyss (BlackBlade)

20) "Ok, now let's try to get an answer from someone who's not a complete retard... anyone?" - South Park - Bigger, Longer and Uncut (BlackBlade)

----------

BlackBlade - 7
SenojRetep - 5
Goody Scrivener - 2
Evie3217 - 1
Morbo - 1
Javert - 1

[ August 05, 2006, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: Nighthawk ]

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
13) One flew over the cukoos nest
I don't know why it took me so long to figure that one out. After thinking about it, I don't even know what other movie it could have possibly been from [Razz]

14) Lethal Weapon 3
It took me forever to lock down which one

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edgehopper
Member # 1716

- posted      Profile for Edgehopper   Email Edgehopper         Edit/Delete Post 
5) Blazing Saddles?
Posts: 170 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
I am almost positive that Cecil hollers out #5 in Cecil B. Demented, but I can't prove it via google, so I won't fight you. But I want to! Oh, how I want to...
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
3) Jim Carrey in "Ace Ventura 2: When Nature Calls"....I think.
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

vonk: I've searched for it and I can't find it. Now I'll have to re-watch that to be sure.

Edgehopper: No, but closer.

Javert: Yes. Will update laer.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

Huzzah!
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

Is #5 Fat Bastard from Austin Powers: Goldmember, before he gets his wire fighting team?
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
5) Robin Hood: Men In Tights
I am pretty sure its from there but what part of the movie does Robin say it?

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Towards the end when he fights the Sheriff. Right before they fight using shadow puppets.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

Yes. Updated. Of the three remaining, I'm surprised two of them haven't been guessed.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

I gave up on the last 3 and looked them up, I haven't seen any of the 3 movies. 2 of them are movies I have wanted to see for some time now.
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Just to reiterate... Googling, even just to check a guess is cheating. Make the guess, but touch google or IMDB and you invalidate yourself.
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

I use Google only to verify the response I think; if I'm correct, I'll post the answer. If not, I won't. Verifying my own answer saves us from the "is it 'A'? Is it 'B'?" scenario.
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

Answers posted. BlackBlade, guess you're next.
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I use Google only to verify the response I think; if I'm correct, I'll post the answer. If not, I won't. Verifying my own answer saves us from the "is it 'A'? Is it 'B'?" scenario.
Nope, not allowed even for that. Post your guess, you'll find out whether or not your correct or not when they quote poster checks your answer. If you enter it into google at all, even if you're mostly sure, then you're not allowed to submit it as an answer.

There have been a few I was about 70% sure on. But not sure enough to post. So I googled cause it was bothering me. Even if I was right I would then not post, it was for someone brave enough to guess with out google to get it.

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Originally posted by Alcon:
quote:
Nope, not allowed even for that. Post your guess, you'll find out whether or not your correct or not when they quote poster checks your answer. If you enter it into google at all, even if you're mostly sure, then you're not allowed to submit it as an answer.

There have been a few I was about 70% sure on. But not sure enough to post. So I googled cause it was bothering me. Even if I was right I would then not post, it was for someone brave enough to guess with out google to get it.

I basically post my answers and then Google the ones I was unsure of. If I don't know the answer and I google it I simply disqualify myself from answering those particular movies.

Most of the time I didnt know the movie and I had no chance of guessing right.

I am working on my list RIGHT NOW, stay tuned. [Smile]

Nighthawk
Member # 4176

quote:
I am working on my list RIGHT NOW, stay tuned.
F5... F5... F5... "Damn!" F5... F5... F5...
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Some of the quotes are long, but I just felt bad butchering them by shortening.

1)"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again." (X) Silence of The Lambs, Seatarsprayan

2)"Let me make this very clear: this is your deal, not mine, so unless I have written authorization, this whole thing is over before it starts because I'm not going to be the only one left without a chair when the music stops. "

3) "And be grateful. Our scars have the power to remind us that the past was real. " (X) Red Dragon, FTOAS

4) "Our Father in Heaven, before we go into battle, every soldier among us will approach you each in his own way. Our enemies too, according to their own understanding, will ask for protection and for victory. And so, we bow before your infinite wisdom. We offer our prayers as best we can. I pray you watch over the young Jack Geoghegan. That I lead into battle. You use me as your instrument in this awful hell of war to watch over them. Especially if they're men like this one beside me, deserving of a future in your blessing and goodwill. Amen...one more thing, dear Lord, about our enemies, ignore their heathen prayers and help us blow those little bastards straight to Hell. Amen." (X) We Were Soldiers, Nighthawk

5)"He better be worth it. He better go home and cure a disease, or invent a longer-lasting light bulb." (X) Saving Private Ryan, The Grimace

6)(In honor of a wonderful actor that I only recently found out died) "I was born a....I was born a...I was born a girl."

If that is a bit too obscure here is another quote, "Emperor! Give me your sword!"

(If you have not seen this movie, you really ought to, and believe that what it shows you is VERY historically accurate)

7)"We've been kicking other peoples asses for so long I figured it's time we got ours kicked." (X) Platoon, FTOAS

8)"He knows you disapprove of him. He knows you think he's weak. But he's not weak. He's decent. And if you or Bruce or anyone else tries to beat that out of him, I swear to God I'll take him away." (X) Searching For Bobby Fischer, Edgehopper

9)(Sorry for the multipart dialogue in this quote, but I like it alot)

"I'm going to Hell! I killed a child! I smashed his head against a wall."
"Why?"
"Because they killed my son! The Muslims killed my son!"
"I know a way out of Hell. Find a child, a child whose mother and father were killed and raise him as your own. Only be sure that he is a muslim and that you raise him as one." (X) Gandhi, FTOAS

10)"The only thing I like integrated is my coffee." (X) Malcolm X, Javert

11)"No, you said "wet shirt don't break," not "piss shirt bend bar!" (X) Shanghai Noon, Seatarsprayan

12)"Your Majesty, my task is completed now. My decision will cause the deaths of many and Your Majesty will live on. A dead man begs you to remember; a warrior's ultimate act is to lay down his sword." (X) Hero, FTOAS

13)"They have a cave troll..." (X) LOTR: The Fellowship of The Ring, The Grimace

14)"Ah, you're awake. I was hoping you'd cry out in your sleep, and I could bite your face off to silence you." (X) Mononoke-Hime, FTOAS

15)All me life flashed before me eyes, it was really boring. (X) Chicken Run, Nighthawk

16)"In the three years, seven months and two weeks that I've been in the bag, that's the most extraordinary stuff I've ever tasted. It's shattering!"

17)"We're gonna take the cops up on those demands they wanted."
"We got a killer list goin'."
"Yeah, check it out. We ask for airplay and whatever else we want, then we demand a whole bunch of weird stuff. This way we can plead insanity later." (X) Airheads Seatarsprayan

18)"In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary... come again?" (X) Snatch, TheGrimace

19)"How do you explain school to a higher intelligence?" (X) ET, Nighthawk

20)"Your breath is absolutely revolting!"
"Well, what do you expect with knights rotting in my molars?" (X) Dragonheart, Seatarsprayan

[ August 09, 2006, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: BlackBlade ]

Seatarsprayan
Member # 7634

- posted      Profile for Seatarsprayan   Email Seatarsprayan         Edit/Delete Post 
#1 Silence of the Lambs
Posts: 454 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seatarsprayan
Member # 7634

- posted      Profile for Seatarsprayan   Email Seatarsprayan         Edit/Delete Post 
#11 Shanghai Noon

#17 Airheads

#20 Dragonheart?

Posts: 454 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Seatarsprayan: 4 (A good start I must say.)
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
5) Saving Private Ryan
13) Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
18) Dogma

Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Seatarsprayan: 4
The Grimace: 2

Seatarsprayan
Member # 7634

I was just about to say #5 Saving Private Ryan and the phone rang.

Several others seem sooo familiar... but I got nothing.

Nighthawk
Member # 4176

15) Chicken Run
19) E.T.

Need time to think of the rest. Several of them I've heard before, but I'm in a hurry now.

Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
15. Big Fish

...I think.

Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

4) The only war movie that I can think that I'm not sure if it's in is We Were Soldiers, but I'm not sure.

(Edited that comment to make sense)

Edgehopper
Member # 1716

- posted      Profile for Edgehopper   Email Edgehopper         Edit/Delete Post 
8) Searching for Bobby Fischer
Posts: 170 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
12 is Hero.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
9 is Gandhi.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

4) Patton
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

The Grimace: 3
Nighthawk: 3
Flaming Toad On a Stick: 2
Edgehopper: 1

Just over half of the movies have been Snatched, keep it up!

[ August 09, 2006, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: BlackBlade ]

TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
18 Snatch
Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Did you pick up on my hint The Grimace?
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

Is 6 Kung Pow-Enter the Fist?
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

lol, no I completely glossed over that, just remembered the right movie. I knew Dogma didn't seem right the first time but was the first movie to jump to mind.
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

14 is that weird one
Mononoke-hime!

Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

7 is Platoon.
I think.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Flaming Toad On a Stick: 4
(#6 no but you have the right ethnic group)
Nighthawk: 2

Nighthawk
Member # 4176

Hey! I have three, not two! Not that it matters...
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

Wait a minute...
3 is Red Dragon!
I hope...

Javert
Member # 3076

ooooo...10 is Malcolm X!
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Flaming Toad On a Stick: 5
Nighthawk: 3
Javer: 1

Technically 4 people could ultimately win it, gratz FTOAS for clinching a lead. 3 more movies left, if they are not identified by tomorrow morning when I come into work, Ill announce the winner based on the most points at that moment.

I am impressed that you guys were able to identify some of those quotes [Smile]

Nighthawk
Member # 4176

I looked up the remaining three, so I'm done. Two of them I should have known and am disappointed in myself.

I can't even find #6.

TheGrimace
Member # 9178

I also have to concede on the last three along with Nighthawk
  This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  48  49  50   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.