FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Do it. DO IT. Yesterday is, tomorrow, or .. something? DOOO ITTT, dreams? DO IT. (Page 7)

This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  18  19  20   
Author Topic: Do it. DO IT. Yesterday is, tomorrow, or .. something? DOOO ITTT, dreams? DO IT.
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
This I need to hear about.

WHY was he constantly trying to find excuses to use that quote. At bible study. You say that I just keep thinking "speaking of airplanes and eartha kitt .."

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parkour
Member # 12078

- posted      Profile for Parkour           Edit/Delete Post 
What? It came up organically!
Posts: 805 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
http://matt.might.net/articles/my-sons-killer/
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Originally posted by Dan_Frank:
... Ugh.

Why do I keep clicking on this thread?

The tea party is 100% racist. Get over it.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/05/31/492796/white-supremacist-with-ties-to-neo-nazi-groups-elected-to-pennsylvania-county-gop-committee/

Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

- posted      Profile for Dan_Frank   Email Dan_Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I guess your logic is irrefutable.

Also, damn, you got me, I clicked again. Well played.

Posts: 3580 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
I just need a corner of it.

Have you been singing softly to the dawn again?
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

Pretty much if Breitbart hadn't killed himself by being such a horrible human being (yet a surprisingly astute journalist, liberals) he would be chargeable with a hate crime. I want to see an alternate reality where the tea party had really actually been about small government at all, instead of really just being a cult for racist, paranoid white people. That said, he really WAS right about the media establishment, and was really successful effectively only because he know how to hit the establishment where it hurt and had a keen eye for finding REAL flaws with "progressive" attitudes.
Samprimary
Member # 8561

Man I think I ran out of thin mints. topic title unrelated
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Originally posted by Dan_Frank:
... Ugh.

Why do I keep clicking on this thread?

topic still unrelated
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

I'm flattered, Sam.

Really.

Posts: 3580 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Where is -my- thread? [Grumble]

I've got thread envy! [Cry]

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

Stone Wolf's Thread Of Stone Wolf Really Doesn't Think You Are Following Some Standard Of Polite Decorum Have You Considered It Perhaps Maybe
Samprimary
Member # 8561

didn't fit sorry
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Thanks though...

That tittle would be a perfect place to slip in the word "jerk".

Like maybe:

Stone_Wolf's Thread of Only Stone_Wolf_ Can Act Like a Jerk, So Be Polite, Or Else You Will Be Pepper sprayed In Your Jerk Face

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

There's no Jerk in this thread title.

Also, Sam, I decided not to say this in the relevant thread so as not to distract from the real topics, so I'll say it to you here:

It must have been so hard for you, being a cute skinny white boy. I can't even imagine.

Samprimary
Member # 8561

I wasn't even really that cute. Heartbreaking, innit
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Come on, I'm sure Saminprimaryschool was SO cute!

(Somehow this post ended up in the GZ thread, so weird!)

Samprimary
Member # 8561

maybe sam in pre-k.
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know why I am posting here other than to comment of the fact that I am posting.

edit: Wow, I don't often get post count envy but I feel really small in this thread.

Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

everyone point and laugh at vasslia
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a way for us to electronically verify that we have indeed done as Samp (10697) suggested?

Oh... wait.

Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait... By not posting here, I get money and a social life?! I'm getting gypped!
Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Originally posted by Vasslia Cora:
Wait... By not posting here, I get money and a social life?!

Dignity, too. Don't forget dignity.
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't a requisite of having money and a healthy social life that you disregard your dignity?
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
::points to his own start date and post count::

I wouldn't know.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Isn't the point -to- forget your dignity?
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Originally posted by AchillesHeel:
Isn't a requisite of having money and a healthy social life that you disregard your dignity?

*thinks real carefully about his own, uh ... alternate social life*

um, ... mmm, uh, ... hmm.

Samprimary
Member # 8561

MAN WHAT A SEASON FINALE
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

I'd watch it.
Tarrsk
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Tarrsk           Edit/Delete Post 
Kickstarter, go.
Posts: 1321 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emreecheek
Member # 12082

- posted      Profile for Emreecheek           Edit/Delete Post 
Children are just abortions that eat.
Posts: 196 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

Since I'm not getting money, a social life, or dignity I think I will just start posting here more often. At least here if I say I have money and as long as there isn't a meet up nobody will be able to disprove me.
Samprimary
Member # 8561

saldjkhasldfkjhaslkhasldfjkhsdkflhsdafl

http://i.minus.com/iSM31IZmkZBgR.png

Samprimary
Member # 8561

By the Rivers of Babylon there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. How shall we sing the LORD'S song in a strange land? And so among us all we invented Reggae, and made an upbeat song about the first half of a psalm that later includes dashing infants upon the stones in revenge.
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
deerpark, how did you get Samp's account password?
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Originally posted by Xavier:
deerpark, how did you get Samp's account password?

ahahahahaha

A professor went to visit a Zen monastery to learn the ways of Zen. He excitedly told the monk all that he'd heard and read, asking the monk to confirm or expound on this detail or that.

After a few minutes, the monk offered the man a cup of tea. He placed the cup on a table, began to pour, and continued to pour even as the cup was full and overflowing.

"What are you doing?" the professor demanded. "The cup is already overfilled and still you pour!" The monk smiled gently.

"My bad," he responded. "I smoked a joint out in the garden before you got here and I'm pretty baked right now. But yeah, Zen basically owns."

Samprimary
Member # 8561

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3505524

good lord I do not know how I am supposed to not read this entire thread.

NIGHTMARE PSYCHIATRY (slash mostly unlicenced/underqualified therapy BUT STILL)

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Reading that thread is painful, I can't go on.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
My mom also had BPD, and as a nurse, she knew how to game the system. She was frequently hospitalized, but she would brag about knowing what to tell them to fake a recovery, and she sought out a new psychiatrist or psychology who would tell her what she wanted to hear anytime the old ones started to catch on to her game.

She had a psychiatrist when I was thirteen who she invited me in to talk to. She told me that I would just be making use of a private session because I'd recently started at a new school and was having anxiety issues because of it, and not incidentally because my mother's live-in boyfriend (who would later attempt to rape me) had started making inappropriate comments about my body and had taken the lock off the bathroom door so he could try to catch me coming out of the shower.

I sit down, thinking we would just be talking about making friends at my new school, or dealing with my parents' divorce. But instead, the psychiatrist starts asking me why I feel the need to sabotage my mother's relationship, and why am I flirting with a man forty years my senior, and don't I understand how important this relationship is to my mother's stability and well-being? Then she tells me that my mother believes I'm devoid of empathy and wants me tested for psychopathy, and that from what she'd heard, she was inclined to agree.

I was horrified and started to cry, and she just stared at me coldly and sat there in silence for the remainder of the session.

welp
Misha McBride
Member # 6578

- posted      Profile for Misha McBride           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3505524

good lord I do not know how I am supposed to not read this entire thread.

NIGHTMARE PSYCHIATRY (slash mostly unlicenced/underqualified therapy BUT STILL)

I could only take a page and a half of that thread before I had to retreat to one less terrible, like the Freep thread in D&D. FTGE.
Posts: 262 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
646 Economists Support Sam's Plan
This seems... unlikely.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

- posted      Profile for Dogbreath           Edit/Delete Post 
What a jerk.
Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parkour
Member # 12078

- posted      Profile for Parkour           Edit/Delete Post 
You don't even know what my plan is.
Posts: 805 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

- posted      Profile for Mr. Y   Email Mr. Y         Edit/Delete Post 
Why not 666 Economists?
Posts: 1100 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Destineer
Member # 821

- posted      Profile for Destineer           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Parkour:
You don't even know what my plan is.

Is this a joke about you being an alt for Sam?
Posts: 4600 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

No it's parks staying logged in and I accidentally post as him AGAIN
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Samprimary and Parkour, split personalities, but unaware they share the same body. Discuss!
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

so wait, that means that this is some sort of Fight Club scenario where it's me hilariously injuring myself all summer
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
It may be closer to a "MS Paint Adventures" sort of thing, really.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
so wait, that means that this is some sort of Fight Club scenario where it's me hilariously injuring myself all summer

Start the Kickstarter offering.

I'll support that.

[Wink]

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  18  19  20   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.