FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Kingdom of Loathing (Page 12)

This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  30  31  32   
Author Topic: The Kingdom of Loathing
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
To get into the Hippy Store, you need to dress like a filthy hippy.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keither
Member # 6681

- posted      Profile for keither   Email keither         Edit/Delete Post 
okay everyone, porteiro_head and i have been talking, and we think that when reset occurs, we all need to band together and get one of our characters up to level 7 as fast as possible so we can all get back in a clan so we wont be vulnerable. what do you all think of that?
Posts: 19 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
Of course. I just kind of assumed we would do something like that. It only makes sense.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
What's the best thing to spend my meat on? I already have a maid. Oh, and where should I adventure in order to find something that will help me over the orc chasm?

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keither
Member # 6681

No offence UULG, but i thought that porteiro_head should be the leader of the clan after reset, seeing as how he is on everyday, therfore able to watch over things more regularly. i also thought that i would get the new grand poohbah a mr. accesory so that he could use it till he is at level 7, and then when he gets the clan set up, he could sell it to the server for 2.5 million meat so that he could fast track to the calandar, meat tree, gym, and defences so that we wouldnt be attacked by goober clans
Posts: 19 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
mutany!
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep; it's just a matter of time before multiple splinter groups pop up.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keither
Member # 6681

fine, call it what you want. i really dont care, i was just thinking this for convenience for the group, Caal can stay grand poohbah if that is what you guys want [Dont Know] [Roll Eyes]
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Mutany...mutanty?

Mutiny on the Bounty gets turned into a science fiction flick called Mutanty on the Bounty?

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

I would assume that your low post count means that you don't know any of us well enough to know that we're kidding...at least I was.

space opera

peter the bookie
Member # 3270

- posted      Profile for peter the bookie           Edit/Delete Post 
poor spelling aside, i have to wonder if she was pointing it out or trying to start one.

why did we let her in?

Posts: 318 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Btw, check out the chutzpah of the new guy. He's got serious moxie.
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
BTW, that's a great word that Jick has infused into my everyday vocabulary -- Moxie.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

keither:"i also thought that i would get the new grand poohbah a mr. accesory so that he could use it till he is at level 7, and then when he gets the clan set up, he could sell it to the server for 2.5 million meat so that he could fast track to the calandar, meat tree, gym, and defences so that we wouldnt be attacked by goober clans"

I honestly don't know what you're talkinb about here. What is a mr. accesory?

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
If you support the free Kingdom of Loathing by donating $10, your character will get a "Mr. Accessory" which gives you +20 on all stats.

As far as we know, the reset could be a year away. Not much point worrying about it until it happens.

Can our clan be attacked if we don't do anything to provoke it?

[ July 12, 2004, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: mr_porteiro_head ]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Can our clan be attacked unprovoked? I really don't know. I think so. I wonder how likely it is if we are completely inconspicuous, however. That is, I don't know how easy it is to 1) learn about another clan, 2) determine how vulnerable they are and 3) carry out an attack.

I really don't know anything about clan fighting. I'm trying to find some info.

Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Cuz. . . Mutanty on the Bounty's what i'm all aboo-out!
I went to White Castle and I got thrown out.

[Smile]

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
I have requested to join the clan! You shall know me by my very obvious name. [Big Grin]

Also expect a request from Raina sometime in the next day. Yes, my cat is playing KoL! Amazing!

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keither
Member # 6681

keith requesting clanshipness
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
How does one get past the piles of rocks in the Bat Hole?
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

You will find an item (actually three items) in the central cave that, when [used], will unblock the passages.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Thanks, UULG [Smile]
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

keith, sarcastic muppet, xnera, Raina and Ryan Kalithan are in.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
The chasm. How do I cross the Chasm?
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

You need a bridge. You can get one by taking an abridged dictionary to the Untinker. The pirates have the abridged dictionary. (by the way, the dictionary is necessary to complete the quest beyond the chasm also.)
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Hey, guys! Both moons are dark right now, so it would be a great time to use your grues.
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Attention! Will the person or persons who took the Tenderizing Hammer(s) out of the clan stash please put it/them back immediately. You are not to keep them, but must always put them back after you are done with them.
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
I've applied to the clan as Jaiden. Please let me join all the cool kids [Wink]
Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Is there any way to determine a weapon's effective in terms of power vs. + melee damage?

I've got a Gnollish Autoplunger and the Scalpel, and I want to know which is better.

rubble
Member # 6454

- posted      Profile for rubble           Edit/Delete Post 
Rakeesh,

Click on the image of the item in you inventory. The display box will tell you the power. In addition, if it has any additional abilities these will be displayed in blue at the bottom of the description.

Rubble

Posts: 270 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

I've found that part. WHat I'm trying to do is determine if a power: 40 weapon with +3 melee dmg. is better or worse than a power: 50 weapon.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Reticentile (2nd account) is applying to the clan.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
<--- Made level 8 and got a spiky femur [90 power, +3 spooky damage] today.

Still having problems with the bonerdagon, though... [Grumble]

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

The bonerdagon was a major obstacle for me, too. Especially for my characters with less Moxie (and life). I had to learn a lot more about special abilities in order to deal with him.
solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
I just applied to join the clan.

RanSolo
5th Level Disco Bandit (Beat Snatcher)

Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
I give up - I've looked through all the posts in this thread a couple of times and can't find what I'm looking for.

I thought someone posted that they opened a store in the Mall. If anyone here has a store, will you post and let us know? I would like to buy from Jatraqueros. Thanks.

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Azile
Member # 2312

- posted      Profile for Azile   Email Azile         Edit/Delete Post 
I am at the bone place too and it's taking forever. Tons of my meat is wasted on restoratives and everytime I resupply a Giant Skeleton just poofs up and drains me of all my HP and Elixers. The other creatures are easy to kill but that Giant Skeleton... what a horrendous abomination. [Grumble]
Posts: 181 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

What good does the armorsmithing skill do?

None, that I've found. . .

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rubble
Member # 6454

- posted      Profile for rubble           Edit/Delete Post 
Rakeesh,

Sorry for the condescending post yesterday.

I don't know the answer to your actual question. Previous games I have played a weapon's "Power" would have might have adjusted either its chance to hit or damage per hit. However, melee +3 would be a guarantee of 3 pts if you got a hit.

You know this too I'm sure. Maybe I can help another time [Smile]

Rubble

Posts: 270 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
Ayelar, my first character who signed up for a clan before Jatraqueros was around, has switched allegiance... She's now applying to be member number 100 in the rockin' JC!

Also, this is the character with a store in the mall. However, my low low prices are so low low that I can't really keep anything in stock for very long. You know how it is. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

What good is a Detective Skull?

Oh, and no worries, Rubble, I wasn't offended. Fughet about it [Smile]

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Never mind, I found out a function for it. It tell you how many HP monsters have left.
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Scott R:"What good does the armorsmithing skill do?"

Both the Seal Clubber and the Turtle Tamer have special skills that deal with smithing. These come into play as better equipment becomes available for smithing. There are certain smithing tasks that ONLY one of those characters can accomplish, just as there are certain drinks or recipes that ONLY a Pastamancer or Sauceror can do.

For instance, when I find linoleum, asbestos or chrome ore in the Itznotyersitz Mine, I have to send it to my Seal Clubber (along with a dense meat stack) because he is the only one that can smith those items. When I want to make another item using an asbestos/linoleum/chrome meat stack, sometimes I have to send that back to my Turtle Tamer, because he is the only one that can make the item.

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Is there anywhere besides the Typical Tavern where I can get beer lenses? I'm trying to make some Bartender-skull-in-a-box (s), and have everything else except the beer lenses to make the bartender skull. And going to the typical tavern runs up my drunkennes rate REALLY fast.
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
I just bought em in the mall. Moderately expensive for our level, but fairly well worth it I've found. Course with salty dogs costing 66 meat a piece, it may not be worth it after all.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

What items can Turtle tamers make, Eric? Everthing I've tried making is restricted to Seal clubbers.. .
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

I don't know who Eric is, but I think you might be asking me.

I don't remember specific items. I do remember that certain advanced items require at least two stages to make, and sometimes one stage can only be completed by the Turtle Tamer and one can only be completed by the Seal Clubber. So, in effect, it is impossible to smith those items without a TT and a SC working together in cooperation. I think, but I'm not sure, that my Linoleum Helmet Turtle was one of these items, and my Asbestos Crossbow may have been as well.

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

I've heard of ways to increase one's tolerance to both alcohol and to allow people to eat more. Is that true, and if so how is it done?
Scott R
Member # 567

Sorry, UofU-- for some reason, I get you confused with this guy from Boot Camp who also was a lawyer (I think) and went to UofU.
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

By completing the quest for the Deep Fat Friars, you will aquire an "Iron Liver", enabling you to drink more.
  This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  30  31  32   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.