FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Kingdom of Loathing (Page 16)

This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  30  31  32   
Author Topic: The Kingdom of Loathing
rubble
Member # 6454

- posted      Profile for rubble           Edit/Delete Post 
For the dictionary--anything more than just adventuring at the cove? I've spent about 100 adventures there with no dictionary. Lots of other stuff--argyle socks?! Snakehead charrrms etc.

kk

Posts: 270 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
You can't take it from a pirate by fighting him. You need to lull him into a sense of security and familiarity, and he'll give it to you.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rubble
Member # 6454

- posted      Profile for rubble           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks. Willing to tell me how many items? Got 2 so far. (I think) The descriptions hint at it but don't say "pirate outfit" like the other outfits.

Edit for clarity

[ July 21, 2004, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: rubble ]

Posts: 270 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
It's the swashbuckling outfit that you need, and you need to be wearing it.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
<-----Buttercup Goblintree

Hey..who's The Historical Bentley? We must be related [Smile] . That's my maiden name.

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, I got the Pirate Skull, the Pirate Chest and the Pirate Pelvis, but when I try to use it, I am told I'm missing bones. That is all I get from the Pirates. What am I missing?

Still cant get a @#$@#$ parrot to show up.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
You can get bones from the skleletons (and other varieties) in the Misspelled Cemetary. I think you need 10(?) of them. And are you sure you haven't gotten the parrot? It's called the Stuffed Shoulder Parrot or some such thing.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
That's right, you need 10 or 12 Skeleton Bones from the Mispelled Cemetery (may also be found in other places, I think, but the Cemetery is the place for you to look).

I don't know why you bother, though. My Spooky Pirate Skeleton has never done me any good.

Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Why? Because its there @#$@#$.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Well, I admit I know what you mean. I keep making new familiars whenever I get the parts, even though I know I won't ever use them. I'm just collecting them.

That reminds me. I need to go gather some more long, skinny balloons.

[ July 21, 2004, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: UofUlawguy ]

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm guessing one character can never reacquire a dictionary? Because that was one badass item. Never runs out, enormous damage...does it only work across the chasm? I've already lost it for the drywall axe (which, damnit, I can't use for a LONG time), but I was hankerin' for a new one.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but be warned: adventuring in the Palindrome can ALSO lead to irresistable loss in stat points. Just so y'all know what you're gettin' into.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Cower before the might of my Technodrome!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

Am I, Buttercup Goblintree, going to ever know if the clan's accepted me?
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Denied. Only players with names that are the epitome of manliness and coolness are permitted entry.

Rakeesh is taken, but you could just throw a number after it. Not AS cool, but there's plenty of surplus coolness to cover.

Tammy
Member # 4119

I don't know whether to laugh or throw up.

I laughed of course.

For some reason I respect those who tell me NO more than those who are easy!

*kicks manly man and walks off*

Tammy
Member # 4119

*kicks Rakeesh again*
Tammy
Member # 4119

Buttercup Goblintree is my fairy name I'll have you know.

I'm pretty sure female fairies are not suppose to be manly.

[Confused]

*getting off topic again*

What kind of clan only wants manly men?

[ July 21, 2004, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: Tammy ]

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

This ain't the Powerpuff Girls, Buttercup. Your kicks are as lacking in strength as your name is in coolness.

If I weren't so unbearably cool, I'd have to kick you back. But right now? You're kickin' a Mt. Everest of coolness, Tammy.

[Taunt]

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

And as to manliness of names: they don't say it's a man's world for nuthin'.
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
There. You're in.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
D00d, r u tryin' 2 say Princess Buttercup from The Princess Bride was not cool?! She was like waaay cool and had perfect breasts (and there's a shortage of them according to Wesley - who oughta know, being a pirate!) and was a friggin' princess and stuff!

Unless, of course, your objection was to Goblintree, in which case I'd heartily agree with you...

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

That's Power Puffin Intimidator thank you very much!

You reaallllyy don't want to make me go into a seal clubbin frenzy on you. Really you don't.

thanks!

Edited to add that one usually doesn't have the choice in a last name. [Dont Know]

[ July 21, 2004, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: Tammy ]

UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Rakeesh, certainly you can get another dictionary. Just go get another abridged one from the pirates. I did it, because after I finished that quest I wanted adventure beyond the Chasm for a while longer, to level up and to get good food.
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Oh, and by the way, I don't believe the dictionary works anywhere else other than beyond the Orc Chasm.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

The Evil Golden Arches, when used at your campsite-do they only give the free food once daily? Is it always the chicken sammich?

Edit: Oh, btw: I've gotten my Turtle Tamer the Empathy of the Newt skill, which adds (for a time) 10 levels to the familiar of the player it's cast upon. If anyone needs some casting and I'm there, I'll do it.

[ July 21, 2004, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Rakeesh ]

UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

It's only once daily, but it varies. It can be a drink, fries, or a sandwich.
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
The Golden Arches make really crappy chicken sammiches.

Did you guys already know about the moons. Anything you did for muscularity was enhanced today because one of the moons was full. Everyday on the Hoboflex got you at least 3 points.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Los Angeles has applied for clan membership.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What kind of clan only wants manly men?

There was an old Saturday Night Live sketch about that. I think of it whenever I hear the term "manly men." [Smile]

I don't think it's what Rakeesh had in mind, though.

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

I wonder if Girlie Man would be more appropriate?

*snickers*

Azile
Member # 2312

- posted      Profile for Azile   Email Azile         Edit/Delete Post 
Gah. Everyone should buy a store. I just bought one about 2 hours ago and I already made more than enough to pay off the cost of buying the store in the first place. [Smile]
Posts: 181 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

Walt Disney has applied to join the clan.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Los Angeles and Walt Disney are in.
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
I know, Azile! Stores are soooooo profitable. I have over 110000 meat now [Big Grin]
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

What's the best way for my level 7 Turtle Tamer to beat the pirates so I can get the dictionary and bridge the chasm? Should I use my knob goblin sword, or just head butt them? [Mad]
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
Derrell, if you send me 1000 meat to cover expenses, I'll smith you an Asbestos Sword that will beat your current weapon all to heck...100 power, plus +20% Strengthliness.
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

How do I send you the meat? I wonder if that'll end up in the out of context thread?
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Human:

does that extend to anyone? I have a turtle tamer, also. [Wink]

And, can anyone tell me good weapons for:
disco bandit
pastamancer
sauceror

they are all level 6 or 7.

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

I'll do it for anyone, just give me a day, and 1000 meat per weapon.

For the disco bandit you'll want a linoleum or asbestos crossbow, the pastamancer and sauceror will both need staffs, they have a skill that lets you use your Magicality instead of your Muscle to determine hits...as long as you have a staff. I can make them all.

Derrell: Send a message to Jakyran, my Seal Clubber...there'll be an option to send meat.

[ July 22, 2004, 01:05 AM: Message edited by: Human ]

Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

Human, is your character's name in the game Human?

edited to add that I posted this before you added the name of your seal clubber.

Meat has been sent.

[ July 22, 2004, 01:08 AM: Message edited by: Derrell ]

Human
Member # 2985

No...send all requests/payment to Jakyran. And please be sure to tell me what type of character you have, and what level his main stat is at. So...for a Sauceror, tell me his Magicality level.
Derrell
Member # 6062

Oops. Well ,as I posted, my character is a turtle tamer, level 7 and his muscularity is at 41.
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
FYI everyone, today is another Muscularity day. So all you TTs and SCs get out there with your Blood Faced Volleyballs and get that Muscle up. In the past two days I've gone from 88 to 105 muscle. Oh, and that would be in Cobb's Knob Menagerie Lv. 3. Can finally get into the Penultimate Fantasy Airship, but I still get my butt kicked there.

[ July 22, 2004, 07:48 AM: Message edited by: Happy Camper ]

Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

Is a pastamancer the only one who can make a pizza?
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Nope, everyone can make pizzas.

Mushroom pizzas (made with Knob Mushrooms) grant mysticality; Sausage pizzas (made with Knob S.) grant muscularity; Goat Cheese pizza (you guess what it's made with) grant Moxie.

Plus, they all give approx. 10-12 adventures each. They're the best food I've found that can be consistently made, but Goat Cheese is much harder to come by, I think. On the down side, if you don't have a Chef-in-a-Box, it's gonna cost you 2 adventures per pizza to cook. You can eat four pizzas per day.

zgator
Member # 3833

What am I missing then? I'm trying to combine flat dough with tomato to make pizza and it tells me I can't combine those two.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

You don't flatten the dough first to make a pizza, just combine the tomato with a wad of dough.

I know, I know, you flatten the dough before you add the tomato really, sue me [Razz]

zgator
Member # 3833

Still not working. Do you have to be a certain level? I've got a Lvl 5 seal clubber.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Really? Are you sure you're selecting the right items? I make pizzas all the time, with a variety of characters of different levels.

Cook: wad of dough and tomato
Receive: Plain Pizza
Cook: Plain Pizza and ingredient
Receive: Varied pizza

This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  30  31  32   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.