FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Do it. DO IT. Yesterday is, tomorrow, or .. something? DOOO ITTT, dreams? DO IT. (Page 9)

This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  18  19  20   
Author Topic: Do it. DO IT. Yesterday is, tomorrow, or .. something? DOOO ITTT, dreams? DO IT.
CT
Member # 8342

- posted      Profile for CT           Edit/Delete Post 
YES
Posts: 831 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
nuts
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

- posted      Profile for The Black Pearl   Email The Black Pearl         Edit/Delete Post 
jupiter is too big for you
Posts: 1407 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
that sounds wrong but i don't know enough about stars to dispute it
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

- posted      Profile for The Black Pearl   Email The Black Pearl         Edit/Delete Post 
The Milky Way might be big enough, but your going to have to work out a little
Posts: 1407 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

my going to have to work out a little what
CT
Member # 8342

You vixen.
Posts: 831 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Samp: It's a minor point, but while you did attribute the original author at the end of your post, I don't think we can post articles in their entirety here. You can certainly quote a segment, but typically you should link to the article and have people read it there.

Would you please edit accordingly?

Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

mod abuse
Samprimary
Member # 8561

tyrant
Samprimary
Member # 8561

this. this is the police state. open your eyes to forum fascism, sheeple
Samprimary
Member # 8561

first they came for the samprimary, and I said nothing
Samprimary
Member # 8561

then they came for the 2 for 1 deals and seafood buffet, and I said nothing
CT
Member # 8342

I liked the seafood buffet until I got a bad shrimp. He was quite uppity for a crustacean.
Samprimary
Member # 8561

i have friends who are presently almost dying of terrific and potentially virus-based stomach disasters and nearly all of them AREN'T going to the ER because they're not insured

i'm .. almost, ALMOST getting in a fight with my friend's mom because girlfriends and roomies are reaching out for help asking how they can help their sick friends, and she's telling them to get homeopathic remedies and colloidal silver

Samprimary
Member # 8561

i'm all like heyyyyy we all love miss d, but please ignore her with extreme prejudice, have some gatorade, pedialyte, toast, bananas, applesauce
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
I get really frustrated when the inability to understand how science works (how it systematically guards against and corrects for human error) collides with some really big human error and also at the same time intersects with sickness and things that, like, medicine can fix. It is very upsetting.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
Samp,

Are your friends uninsured because they are young and people in their 20s are healthy and don't need health insurance?

Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

Yup! We're invincible. Good thing, too, because even rudimentary coverage is hard to fit on the month to month budget of your average millenial

Yay invincibility! YAY AMERICA

Samprimary
Member # 8561

there we go, i think more people will click my title
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
Well played, sir. Well played.
Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by theamazeeaz:
Samp,

Are your friends uninsured because they are young and people in their 20s are healthy and don't need health insurance?

I'm a millennial. I don't have insurance.

I'm terrified of getting sick and not having any means of getting treated.

I'm most assuredly not invincible. But I'm also broke and can't afford insurance. Young white men took the hit on Obamacare, and that's me. It's just not in my budget. I tried to sign up for Medicaid in my state but can't because I'm single with no kids. Single people can't get coverage in a lot of places. The Medicaid expansion takes effect sometime next year, but I'm hoping I have a good job by then, but there's no guarantee.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wingracer
Member # 12293

- posted      Profile for Wingracer           Edit/Delete Post 
It got me to click. Firefly + near naked Mila Kunis FTW.
Posts: 891 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
Are any of you youngsters young enough to go on your parents' insurance?
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

Sure, for the few of them whose parents could afford to cover their kids, much less themselves, and are willing to

not so much of an option for those who did not have the good sense to elect to be born to a financially well-off family and not be estranged to them

Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:

If I didn't hate you before...
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

admit it, you'd watch my firefly reboot
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd watch my four year old's Firefly reboot.
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elison R. Salazar
Member # 8565

- posted      Profile for Elison R. Salazar   Email Elison R. Salazar         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Trap sprung [Frown]

Mila Kunis is a good actor, she'ld make a good River.

Posts: 12931 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to say I think she'd make a solid Inara.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elison R. Salazar
Member # 8565

- posted      Profile for Elison R. Salazar   Email Elison R. Salazar         Edit/Delete Post 
I still think of her as whatsherface from the 70's show, has she changed physically since then?
Posts: 12931 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

- posted      Profile for Dogbreath           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes.
Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heisenberg
Member # 13004

- posted      Profile for Heisenberg           Edit/Delete Post 
Well she's like thirty instead of fifteen, so yeah she's changed quite a bit.

I also think she'd be a better Inara instead of River.

If you're looking for a younger, hotter Mila Kunis clone then Sarah Hyland is where it's at

Posts: 572 | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

quote:
Originally posted by Elison R. Salazar:
quote:

Trap sprung [Frown]

Mila Kunis is a good actor, she'ld make a good River.

Mila Kunis was born for comedies. I was watching the trailer for Jupiter Ascending and she looks so out of place it's almost funny.
Samprimary
Member # 8561

Say what you will about Duck Dynasty, I'm at least going to give that bizarre show credit for having the appropriate response in regards to Phil Robertson's statements — they didn't dither, they canned him without delay in response to the GQ article.

Coming up next: Phil's inevitable defense by Sarah Palin about something something american freedoms

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Surely you knew Palin had already penned a defense of Robertson before you "predicted" that, right?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

You actually made me post. Dammit.
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

Breaking News: ignorant 67 year old Lousiana redneck bible-thumper says something homophobic and possibly racist!
Posts: 2222 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
Surely you knew Palin had already penned a defense of Robertson before you "predicted" that, right?

uhhhh, no, but i guess i can switch it up with "in before inevitable rant by rush limbaugh about how phil robertson ouster something something silencing because liberals"
Samprimary
Member # 8561

haha oh my god

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/20/ian-bayne-duck-dynasty_n_4480745.html

Phil is the ROSA PARKS of the injustice of being able to be held accountable for your views

Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
No, see, Sam, "Freedom of Speech," now means you get to say whatever you want and there are no consequences professionally or personally.

It's not just freedom of speech, it's freedom from the consequences of speech.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
So aberrant behavior is something to "approve," but religious liberty and freedom of speech would be suppressed by the hypocrites of the political left. They probably think it is great that Quebec has already prosecuted Christians for the "crime" of "hate speech" simply because they quoted passages in the Bible that explicitly identify homosexual behavior as being contrary to the will of the Creator. Freedom of speech seems to be only for those who agree with liberals.

Liberals also tend to speak up in defense of Islamic jihadists, taking issue with any attempt to accurately portray them. Yet in fact Islam condemns homosexuality as a sin and a punishable crime. "In nine Muslim countries, Afghanistan, Iran, Mauritania, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, the UAE, and Yemen, homosexual activity carries the death penalty." Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_in_Islam

More liberal hypocrisy!

Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reshpeckobiggle
Member # 8947

- posted      Profile for Reshpeckobiggle   Email Reshpeckobiggle         Edit/Delete Post 
What's Ok about putting one's penis in a butthole? Male or female, I make no distinction. Serious question here.
Posts: 1286 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

haha, it's freakin' christmas in here. Ron AND Resh, back to back?

Both of them ready to stand up, proudly, and announce to the world, "Hi, we're giant homophobes and we're TERRIFIED of gay people being allowed to consensually do sexual things in the privacy of their own homes, because gay people freak us out!:

You go, guys! Tell us all about how much anal sex upsets you!

Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Originally posted by Reshpeckobiggle:
What's Ok about putting one's penis in a butthole? Male or female, I make no distinction. Serious question here.

What's okay with that is that it can be quite pleasurable and people will want to engage in it as a healthy expression of their sexual experimentation or sex life, there's nothing categorically wrong with it, it can be done quite safely, and there's no legitimate reason whatsoever to prohibit the practice!

Hooray!

Dogbreath
Member # 11879

quote:
Originally posted by Reshpeckobiggle:

A better question IMO is, so long as the owner of said butthole and penis are both consenting, and they're not doing it any place you can see it, why should it matter to you?
capaxinfiniti
Member # 12181

- posted      Profile for capaxinfiniti           Edit/Delete Post 
A&E Revokes Suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' Star
Posts: 570 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool! Since one side of the argument is angry at us, let's anger the other!
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
capaxinfiniti
Member # 12181

- posted      Profile for capaxinfiniti           Edit/Delete Post 
Who's angry?
Posts: 570 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogbreath
Member # 11879

Lots of people on my Facebook, apparently.
  This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  18  19  20   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.