FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The monkey's paw -- a game (Page 12)

This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  29  30  31   
Author Topic: The monkey's paw -- a game
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I wish for nothing.
Granted. You are now somewhere between Elko and Winnemucca, Nevada.

I wish cold fusion was a viable energy source.

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
granted, you walk into your kitchen to find your husband cheating on you with the dishes.

granted, it is now the energy source put into some nutso's doomseday device.

I wish for the matrix to become real.

[ October 13, 2004, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: MEC ]

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
O.o @ the dish comment

Granted. You get to walk around in reflective shades and black suits, breaking the rules of the matrix at every opportunity. The only drawback: you and the other agents have to fight those pesky humans who come barging in expecting to change the system.

I wish for a lifetime supply of lindt truffles.

[ October 13, 2004, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Granted! But, you develop a sudden allergy to any and all forms of chocolate (and, of course, give all the truffles to me!).

I wish reading hatrack counted as exercise.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I wish for a lifetime supply of lindt truffles.

Granted. Soon, you need to be rolled everywhere. And enlarging all the doorways in your home was NOT cheap.

quote:
I wish reading hatrack counted as exercise.
Granted. In a few days, you waste away to nothing!

I wish I knew who my secret admirer (this is a school thing, each of the teachers has a senior who is writing them little notes) was.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I wish I knew who my secret admirer was
Granted. Unfortunately, that kid apparently thrives on spankings.

I wish cantaloupe didn't make my mouth itch.

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

[Eek!]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. It tastes great but, unfortunately, it causes your stomach to itch. And there's no relieving that.

I wish I could stay awake in biology class.

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Polio
Member # 6479

- posted      Profile for Polio   Email Polio         Edit/Delete Post 
Some funny guy throws unidentifiable unmentionables at you during a pig fetus-disecting session while you are asleep. Consequently, you never fall asleep again. But that means you have to be fully conscious during bio, which is never fun.

I wish some old people just weren't so rude!

Posts: 165 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Granted Their rudeness has been transferred to elementary school kids, who chase after you telling you that you should respect your youngsters.

I wish the Redskins were good again.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. Now, they are like the best potatoes ever!!!

I wish was more organized.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Polio
Member # 6479

- posted      Profile for Polio   Email Polio         Edit/Delete Post 
You are Martha Stewart-- don't drop the soap!

I wish I could find more cool socks.

Posts: 165 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
Granted, your new pair of socks is frozen in a non melting ice cube.

I wish I could debate better.

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. You can debate better when you are speaking Klingon.

I wish my dsl modem was working.

Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

granted, but then I kill you from jelousy.

I wish to have the ultimate character in KOL.

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

Granted, but Jick gets jealous and decides to revamp the system. Then kills you.

I wish I write with more humor.

[ October 13, 2004, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. Now you can't write a thing, even a post-it, a purchase list or a love letter, without everyone who reads it to wet themselves from laugh. You become so lonely you decide to live in a monastery.
I wish I work in a library.

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

- posted      Profile for Turgan   Email Turgan         Edit/Delete Post 
GRANTED! Unfortunately, the only Library left is a volunteer library. And since you quit your job to work in a library, you now make absolutely no money. How will you eat?

I wished it wasn't cold outside right now.

Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. It's now 197 degrees in the shade, no sign of rain in the forecast for the next ... oh... hundred years or so... and you forgot your stillsuit at home.

I wish my children would behave.

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

Granted. They're now made of stone. So quiet...

I wish I didn't have to do homework for my class.

rivka
Member # 4859

Granted. All work for the class is now required to be completed during class time. Accordingly, class has been expanded to 20 hours per week.

I wish my son would do his homework without arguing.

Turgan
Member # 6697

GRANTED! His tongue has been violently cut out by the Cuban Mafia. Now, instead of arguing, he spits like a camel. Gross.

I wish Alter Bridge didn't sound so much like Creed.

Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted, the entire band takes music lessons and now they write really complicated stuff that is unlistenable, instead of the simple and unlistenable stuff they used to write.

I wish that we had good flying weather today.

Oh, and Turgan...ewwww....

[ October 15, 2004, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

GRANTED! IT'S GREAT FLYING WEATHER! AND GUESS WHAT! YOU NOW HAVE THE ABILITY TO FLY! ... right into a jet engine.

I wish I could do better in English.

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
:: poof ::

You're perfectly capable of doing better in English, but you don't.

I wish that it were noon.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted, it is noon (well, quarter past) – in Buenos Aires

I wish it were April.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

GRANTED! unfortunately it now rains, which may be good, but not for you... I forgot to mention you have a massive hole in your roof right over your bed and t.v. and the rain is like.... cold.

I wish I was a telemarketer.

ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, Turgan, but I have to redo dkw's...

Granted, it's April... 3rd. You slept through the 2nd. We missed you at the wedding, but the party was still fun.

Turgan, granted, you're a telemarketer. Your family disowns you, your friends turn on you, and you die miserable and alone.

I wish... I wish for another pumpkin spice latte.

[ October 15, 2004, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

Granted. Your sister dumps it on your head.

I wish I could take a nap right now.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Granted. It was quite a nap! You wake up, feeling refreshed, on April 3rd.

ElJay's was just too perfect not to do it again.

I wish that Matt would start DMing the Segrada campaign again.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

GRANTED! He does, and you forget how to breathe.. LOLOLOL!!! Oh man.. i just can't get over how SIMPLE it is to make that happen.

I wish Yahoo chat wasn't so incredibly stupid.

MEC
Member # 2968

granted, yahoo chat gains AI somehow and takes over the world, then kills you.

I wish I knew why this thread was titled "The monkey's paw".

Son_of_Priam
Member # 6411

- posted      Profile for Son_of_Priam   Email Son_of_Priam         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. You now know it is titled "The monkey's Paw" because of a short story with the same title in which a monkey's paw grants wishes but they occur in some horrible and unforseen way. Now that you realise this your life no longer has meaning, and you sink into uncontrolable depression.

I wish I had an ice cold coca-cola.

[ October 15, 2004, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: Son_of_Priam ]

Posts: 73 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

granted, you know have an ice cold coca-cola, unfourtunatly someone has thoroughly shaken it up and when you open it, it sprays everywhere, even on some big muscley guy, and he kills you because you sprayed coca-cola on him.

I wish that I had an idea so great that my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about.

ElJay
Member # 6358

Granted, and your head explodes. Too bad about that idea, it never comes to fruition now.

I wish my sister was a better sport. [Razz]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

You take a long, deep drink of your ice cold coca cola, and are promptly stricken with brain freeze. Ordinarily, this wouldn't be that big of a deal, but in this case you foolishly take the drink just as you're about to merge onto a busy freeway. One of the members of the clean up crew takes a break from scraping your remains from the pavement to drink your now just slightly less than ice cold coke, which was miraculously unspilled in the horrific accident. He doesn't get brain freeze at all.

I wish that Sara would post her comments about chapter 1 in the China Mountain Zhang thread.

dkw
Member # 3264

ElJay: She is, but her increased sportsmanship just means she has better aim.

Noemon: She does, but they reveal such strange insights into the working of her mind that your not sure you can trust her ever again.

edit: I wish there was a grocery store in this town.

[ October 15, 2004, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: dkw ]

MEC
Member # 2968

granted, but the grocery store food is always spoiled.

I wish there weren't as many people granting the same wish when someone wishes something.

[ October 15, 2004, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: MEC ]

Noemon
Member # 1115

Dkw, granted! It's run by a person who you know and loath. You are opposed to him ideologically, morally, personally--you name it, the guy is scum. However, his prices are fantastic and his food of high quality. People flock to his store, and he becomes quite wealthy. Any time you're running low on something, you have to wrestle with your conscience before driving to the next town to get groceries.

MEC, granted! But you aren't around to enjoy the witty new responses, because YOU FORGET TO BREATHE!!!

I wish I'd taken tylenol hours ago; the Excedrin did nothing to cut my headache, but tylenol took care of it within about 15 minutes of my having taken it.

sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

Granted. You take the tylenol and feel loads better. It masks the symptoms of an early brain tumor, and you die three years later.

I wish I could keep my brother's car for longer than this weekend.

Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
*poof* Your brother in a moment of rare sibling affection donates his car to you. Unfortunately, it's a stinkin lemon...doa.

I wish that every day was Friday.

[ October 15, 2004, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: Tammy ]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Granted. But your job changes, and you have to work every weekend. Your normal days off are now Wednesday and Thursday, making Friday the equivilant of Monday prior to your wish.

I wish it would stop raining before I walk out the door in 6 minutes.

sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

joke's on you...it already IS a stinkin' lemon!!! I win!

Granted, every day is Friday. In fact, the world has stopped moving, so every day is really one long Friday. Night ceases to exist and the world ends.

Granted! The rain stops just long enough for you to be struck by lightning in exactly six minutes, twenty seconds.

I wish I had a cookie.

[ October 15, 2004, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Noemon
Member # 1115

You are now the proud owner of a cookie. It is a fine cookie, the perfect size, made with the perfect ingredients, baked the perfect amount of time. As you sit on a park bench, poised to take your first bite, a bird flies overhead, perfectly glazing your cookie with a large, liquid dropping.

I wish Cotton were a monkey! I wish Cotton were a monkey!

sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

Granted. Cotton is now a monkey. Granted. Cotton is now a monkey. Wait a minute! Now there's TWO monkeys! One is Good!Cotton, and the other is Evil!Cotton. It's up to you to decide which is which by giving them both sharp toys to play with.

I wish I could stop distracting myself and finish my homework due in three hours...

Noemon
Member # 1115

Granted. Hatrack crashes, and you find yourself with plenty of time to get your homework done. However, OSC decides that keeping the site running just isn't financially feasible anymore, so pulls the plug on the forum once and for all. Good going sarmup, you destroyed Hatrack. Hope you're happy.

I wish sarcasticmuppet would post a witty response to this message.

sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

Granted. She puts considerable work into a sparklingly witty response instead of finishing her homework. She's now mad at you and makes Leilanwar kill Artavazdes in his sleep.

I wish I could come up with a good wish.

[ October 15, 2004, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Duuuuh, you wish your homework was done already. [Wink] But since you didn't think of it, you don't wish it, and therefore it doesn't happen.

I wish I had a maid.

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

You do! Unfortunately all of her shirts are sleeveless, and while you and Porter feel very uncomfortable with that, you're both too nice of people to tell her. Even more unfortunately, she's a live in maid. As a result, neither of you really feels comfortable in your own house ever again.

I wish I could hang out with Christine this weekend (she's in Chile at the moment, so that isn't a possibility without the aid of the genie).

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
You can!

Unfortunately, it is the Stephen King Christine, and she kills you.

I wish someone would fold the huge pile of clothes in the laundry room.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  29  30  31   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.