FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The monkey's paw -- a game (Page 9)

This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  29  30  31   
Author Topic: The monkey's paw -- a game
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
You did...a very good night's sleep, in fact. Unfortunately, it was because you're dead, and a la The Sixth Sense and Ghost, you're now invisible to the world around you. Are people ignoring you today? Now you know why.

I wish my stupid computational analysis class made sense, and/or was taught better.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

- posted      Profile for Turgan   Email Turgan         Edit/Delete Post 
granted. Unfortunately, now the rest of life makes no sense.

I wish Diana would get a life.

Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
granted. She gets yours.

I wish the election season was finally over.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Defenestraitor
Member # 6907

- posted      Profile for Defenestraitor   Email Defenestraitor         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. America is now a dictatorship! No more worrying about elections!

I wish for a million bucks.

Posts: 236 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Granted.

Deer me, stampede. 1,000,000 male deer came trampling over your bruised and battered body. THen they turn around and do it again.

I wish I were a cartoon character.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

granted.
You are now Barfity Bern. Famous Afghan character that does nothing but get sick all over everything.

i wish I had a pee cee so i could play counter strike all day long

Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. Unfortunately, you're now an adult with a full time job, a wife, and three fairly small children. If you're lucky, you're able to devote almost an hour a week to computer gaming.

I wish that the spot of rust I saw on my still relatively new car would prove to just be a smudge of tar or something equally innocuous.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Granted. You discover its only some transmission fluid. Unfortunately, its the last bit of transmission fluid left in the car, and the resulting bill for a new transmission will be in the four figure range.

I wish I had a good steak for lunch.

Noemon
Member # 1115

You did. However, it was made of a particularly hard wood, and you broke most of your teeth trying to bite off a piece. You did manage to gnaw off a piece, but all you got for your efforts was a mouthfull of splinters.

I wish that archaeologists would discover a previously unknown, sealed vault in Egypt that contains perfect, legible copies of all of the works stored in the Great Library at Alexandria.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted - and, upon translation, it appears that they are all lurid romance novels set in the rugged wilds of Germania.

I wish I were three inches shorter.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. I hope you won't miss your knees.

I wish I could go camping every weekend.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Granted. Unfortunately, you're now an adult with a full time job, a wife, and three fairly small children. If you're lucky, you're able to devote almost an hour a week to computer gaming.
You have become me!
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

MPH - Granted. You now get to rough it as often as possible, camping with a few hundred of your friends out in the wilds of Poland's lovely wilderness... in 1942.

I wish I were just a little smarter.

[ October 04, 2004, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: Annie ]

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

::poof!::

You are now a little bit smarter...

A little bit smarter than your average Irish Setter, that is.

I wish that I were a successful author, of the calibur of OSC and Octavia Butler.

Defenestraitor
Member # 6907

- posted      Profile for Defenestraitor   Email Defenestraitor         Edit/Delete Post 
::poof!::

You are now the pile of ashes formerly known as Isaac Asimov.

I wish for million big ones.

Posts: 236 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

***Must remember, this is a family forum. I would grant that request, but its not worth getting kicked out of Hatrack***
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. Your collection of large numerals is considered eccentric by most, but dogs and wandering drunks really appreciate them.

I wish I had impeccable manners.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Granted! Not only that, but because of your impeccable manners, you are suddenly astoundingly popular. In fact, you become a manners celebrity. You are hounded by the paparazzi, and stalked by crazed female fans, one of whom kidnaps you and locks you in a spare bedroom. Unfortunately, you're too polite to protest or escape, and eventually, she kills you.

I wish someone would cook dinner for me tonight.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. Unfortunately, Tantalus, your entire family will be there in body but not all in spirit. Try the priest.

I wish I had an alumni sticker from Hogwarts for the back of my car.

[ October 04, 2004, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. Unforutnately, it's the alumni sticker they forced Voldemort into as his eternal punishment. He makes your car turn bad.

I wish I had a chocolate shake.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

(aside) - Kat, was that an allusion to Sweeny Todd? I saw that for the first time the other night and absolutely adored Angela Lansbury. However, her hair did look like a Japanese cartoon, which really threw me off.
katharina
Member # 827

(aside)Yes, Annie, it is. It's a mix of greek mythology and Sweeny Todd, unfortunately, so I hope the meaning went across. I have an ex-fiance that decided that showing me Sweeny Todd six days after I'd come home from my mission was a good thing. [Razz] Don't you love Sondheim, though?
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Defenestraitor
Member # 6907

Bob, your body won't stop convulsing! As it does, chocolate is spewing from your pores. Your friends and family find you repulsive, but your dog loves you.

[Edit... I keep forgetting to add a wish!]

I wish I was a neutron bomb, for once I could go off

[ October 04, 2004, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: Defenestraitor ]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Granted, you are a neutron bomb. And you feel dirty, so very dirty. But the fact is that you are a wimpy little home chemistry set version of a neutron bomb. And your neutrons come from an unstable element "wimplium" that basically self destructs whenever anyone looks at it. So, you may get to go off, but you go off by yourself.

I wish I was able to take a peek at the book of life.

[ October 04, 2004, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

Defenestraitor
Member # 6907

You get your peek... when suddenly the angry God of Deuteronomy smites you into a smoldering mass of wimplium.

I wish I hadn't done that.

Noemon
Member # 1115

You didn't. Never happened. Unfortunately, no body else posted a reply to Bob's most recent wish either, and this thread finally slips off the front page and into oblivion. Congratulations! Because of your selfishness, the best Hatrack game in ages is no more.

I wish my house had better storm windows.

sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. They're the only thing left after Hurricane Carrie, Dameon, and Frieda crashed into your home.

I wish I were a superb DDR player.

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted, however, the ddr graze has now passed, and is looked upon as badly as kareoke.

(This one has probably be asked already but I'm too lazy to check)
I wish you would not grant this wish.

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

GRANTED! Unfortunately, I did... somehow...

I wish DDR wasn't as cool as people say it is. In fact, I wish it sucked.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Granted DDR sucks -- it sucks you in!

I wish I had mad hacker skilz.

katharina
Member # 827

Granted. Unfortunately, your activity is tracked and you spend the next five years on the run in Kenya. Dana's going to be upset.

I wish I had a Backup Katie to send to work while I go play.

[ October 05, 2004, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Annie
Member # 295

Granted! Unfortunately, your backup Katie eats all your fudgesicles and makes and breaks dates with hot boys without your knowledge.

I wish I could transcend static cling.

Noemon
Member # 1115

Granted! Unfortunately, because of some glitch in the creation of Backup Katie, her metabolism is many, many times higher than your own, and she must eat almost constantly to survive. The cost of feeding her far outstrips what she brings in at "your" job, and you have to take a second job in order to support her.

[Edit--curse you Annie! You beat me by a full 8 minutes! That's what I get for taking time out from Hatracking to do my job, I suppose. Hmmm...transcend static cling? Okay!

::POOF!::

Your attractive power is now greater than that of static cling. Unfortunately, it is also greater than your physical strength, and you are unable to pry loose all of the loose articles of clothing that leap onto you as you walk by them. You are quickly smothered under a thick layer of socks.

I wish that I weren't having so much trouble thinking of something new to wish for.

[ October 05, 2004, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Annie
Member # 295

Granted! You have an instant inspiration of wishes. Unfortunately, they all concern Donny Osmond.

I wish Noemon weren't so slow at responding [Razz]

katharina
Member # 827

Granted. Unfortunately, it's because he now follows you from thread to thread and now must duel Hobbes in the morning.

<off topic>
quote:
your backup Katie eats all your fudgesicles and makes and breaks dates with hot boys without your knowledge.

Dagnabbit, the real Katie does that too.

</off topic>

I wish I could average my metabolism with Backup Katie's metabolism to come to a happy medium.

Noemon
Member # 1115

Annie, see my edit!
Annie
Member # 295

Work! Hah! Likely excuse.
Turgan
Member # 6697

GRANTED! Unfortunately, you confused the wish gods.. so they smite you. DEATH! HA!

I wish It was Friday. I'm going over to Naomi's. *wink wink*

Annie
Member # 295

It's Friday.... Friday, February 12, 2043. Coincidentally, you're still invited to Naomi's house. Bring your bridge set and don't forget your dentures! We're having dessert!

I wish we were all a bit better at using the conditional tense.

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

*To Grant* Now, all of the tesnses to be identical. To enjoy!

I to wish that I to have twice as much time as I to do now.

[ October 05, 2004, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: mr_porteiro_head ]

Noemon
Member # 1115

To Grant!

You now to have twice as much as to do now.

Unfortunately, that to do not parse as anything even vaguely to resemble an understandable sentence. As a result, your wish is to nullify.

I to wish for grammar to go back to the was it to be before Annie's wish.

[ October 05, 2004, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Defenestraitor
Member # 6907

Was granted! Grammar was back to the "was" it was before Annie's wish.

I wished I grew old was successful.

Noemon
Member # 1115

[ROFL]
Noemon
Member # 1115

Between my typo and your exploitation of it, Defenestraitor, I think we broke the game.

[ October 05, 2004, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Annie
Member # 295

Yep, you broke it. Now, all posts must be in Esperanto.
Defenestraitor
Member # 6907

Mi desiras scipovis paroli.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
*granted* however your parolee is a fat slob named Bubba who sits around scratching himself and eating all your M&Ms while complaining that you don't have the right cable TV channels for the Monster Truck Rallies.

I wish I'd already finished this overdue report.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Polio
Member # 6479

- posted      Profile for Polio   Email Polio         Edit/Delete Post 
You have finished your overdue report-- one day overdue.

I wish I had less commitment issues.

Posts: 165 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
You are now committed--to the Arkham Asylum.

I wish all my future kids are healthy, well-adjusted individuals.

Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
You have only one commitment issue now - the issue is that they're committing you.

I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  29  30  31   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.