FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The monkey's paw -- a game (Page 10)

This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  29  30  31   
Author Topic: The monkey's paw -- a game
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
To answer both of your wishes...

You are now an oscar myer weiner, however Vwiggin's kids eat you, causing them to be well-adjusted, but become amish. They are the most well-adjusted and healthy people I've met.

I wish Donny Osmand would stop haunting me... He's creepy!

[ October 05, 2004, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: Vadon ]

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Donny Osmond stops haunting you because... you are Donny Osmond! You burst forth into song: "I closed my eyes - pulled back the curtain. To see for certain what I thought I knewww...."

I wish I had more pickles.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted, but they're possessed pickles inhabited by the ghost of Donny Osmond. They burst forth into song: "I closed my eyes - pulled back the curtain. To see for certain what I thought I knewww...."

I wish I had a wicked awesome sense of humor.

[ October 05, 2004, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Defenestraitor
Member # 6907

- posted      Profile for Defenestraitor   Email Defenestraitor         Edit/Delete Post 
Your sense of humor is so powerfully awesome... that you lose all your other senses. Having lost touch with the outside world, your awesome sense of humor has nowhere to go... except to make fun of you and your pathetically sad situation... for the rest of your life.

I wish I could have debated in Edwards' place.

[ October 05, 2004, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: Defenestraitor ]

Posts: 236 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
You do, but Kerry still loses.

I wish I didn't have to go to a crappy job tomorow.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Defenestraitor
Member # 6907

- posted      Profile for Defenestraitor   Email Defenestraitor         Edit/Delete Post 
Your crappy job comes to you. And it's family day! Better make sandwiches.

I wish Kerry won't lose the election

(man! somebody's gonna have a field day with this one)

Posts: 236 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jess N
Member # 6744

- posted      Profile for Jess N           Edit/Delete Post 
Kerry wins the election but then swears this was the wrong election, wrong place, wrong time.

I wish I had more time in the day.

Posts: 392 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Defenestraitor
Member # 6907

Granted! You have an extra hour each day... by living on Mars, briefly, until you asphyxiate.

I wish Cheney would b!tchslap Bush.

Jess N
Member # 6744

- posted      Profile for Jess N           Edit/Delete Post 
Granted! But when the Secret Service jump his ass, they realize it's John Kerry in disguise. Kerry spends the rest of his days at Guantanamo...

I wish for Definestraitor to have the best day ever!

Posts: 392 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

- posted      Profile for Turgan   Email Turgan         Edit/Delete Post 
GRANTED! Unfortunately, that would have been YOUR day, and as you can see, being bitten by seven rattle snakes at once isn't in any way shap form or fashion considered good.

I wish it wasn't raining. I need to get that ditch dug.

Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. It isn't raining. In fact, thanks to a shift in global climate patterns, it will never rain in your area of the country ever again.

I wish that US researchers would discover a cheap, clean, abundant, renewable source of energy.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Defenestraitor
Member # 6907

Granted! Today's headline "5 US scientists hold world hostage for renewable energy source - demand $100 trillion"

I wish I had better reception in this darn room

Turgan
Member # 6697

(Noemon... it isn't SUPPOSED to rain where i live. You just granted me a wish and it turned out EXACTLY the way i wanted it. LOLOLOL!!!)

Granted, unforunatley, this is the ONLY room you get great reception in.

I wish Lullaby didn't turn out to be so... so..... stupid.

Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

What, do you live in the Atacama desert or something?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

close.. San Angelo.
Noemon
Member # 1115

Well, you beat the genie, so it looks like you've won. [Smile]
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
That's it. Time to shut down hatrack.

Way to go. [Grumble]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

what?
Beat the genie?
What the hell are you talking about?
ANSWER MY WISH, DARN IT!!!!!!!!

Noemon
Member # 1115

Naaah, you already tricked the Genie into granting you exactly what you were after. The genie is busy packing up his booth, at the moment.
Noemon
Member # 1115

But okay, for old times sake--granted. Lullabye is brilliant. Utterly brilliant. Your failure to appreciate it reflects only on you, not on the glory that is Lullabye (of course, this begs the question "what is Lullabye", but that's a whole different thing).

I wish...for the Genie to return to his booth and resume this thread.

Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
And as my debut in this thread...

Wish is granted.... Sort of. As the one who freed the genie, you have to take his place and be stuck in the wish thread forever!! MUHAHAHAHA!

I wish I had a credit card with unlimited credit that never had to be paid back.

Edit: Well, technically, that would be Turgan, but you have to do it because you made the wish. You take his place.

[ October 06, 2004, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Katarain ]

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Hey, I'm not the one who freed the genie--that was Turgan.

[Edit]Oh, sure, edit your post and make me look like a moron![/Edit]

[ October 06, 2004, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Katarain
Member # 6659

Yeah... I caught that in my edit. I'm deeply saddened by it... [Frown]

-Katarain

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

But... but.... I edited as fast as I could! Really!!
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted, however, people get jealous and kill you for it.

I wish for a slice of pizza.

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

Granted, but it's a small slice and cold and all of the toppings have slipped off of it and the guy who hands it to you has a cold and just sneezed.

I wish I wasn't dead.

Noemon
Member # 1115

You now have a delicous tasting slice of pepperoni and mushroom pizza, with extra botulism.

I wish I could decide wether to excercise by going to the gym tonight, or by going rollerblading.

Noemon
Member # 1115

Granted. You are now a living brain, floating in a nutrient rich saline solution in a mad scientist's lab. Barring accidents you'll outlive everyone you've ever known, but you're condemned to a lifetime of being bored (literally) out of your skull.
Katarain
Member # 6659

Wish granted. You will decide to go rollerblading and a wheel will break causing you to run into a freezing cold river. This will likely surprise you wherever you live.

I wish I had found this entertaining little thread sooner.

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
You found it when it was on the first page, and then you killed it. Way to go. [No No]

I wish I had a Carl's Jr. Bacon Chicken Guacamole burger.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. You choke on it and die.

I wish I wouldn't get nervous at my audition tonight.

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

You don't! Before the audition, you get so rip-roaring drunk that when you stumble out onto the stage you have absolutely no idea where you are. After falling to your knees and vomiting on the shoes of the person before whom you were to audition you pass out. You did all of this with an almost blissful self confidence.

I wish that that MOTO would return to hatrack and tell us how her life has been going in the 4 years or so since she last posted.

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

SM -- what are you auditioning for?
Defenestraitor
Member # 6907

Granted, Noemon! MOTO comes back and lets everyone know her life has been splendid... after her vile hatred of you forced her to leave the forum 4 years ago.

I wish I knew who MOTO was.

Katarain
Member # 6659

I just keep on thinking "Hello Moto" from those commercials...
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted, but now you spend your days pining for MOTO and so your life is sadly derailed and nothing ever feels "right" again.

I wish that the tape wouldn't flop back onto the roll and stick to itself!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Polio
Member # 6479

- posted      Profile for Polio   Email Polio         Edit/Delete Post 
It doesn't-- but it's double-sided tape and it sticks to everything but the roll and you just can't get it off!

I wish I had proper sleeping habits.

Edit: I need more sleep and consequently spelled "roll" wrong.

[ October 06, 2004, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: Polio ]

Posts: 165 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthro
Member # 6087

- posted      Profile for Anthro   Email Anthro         Edit/Delete Post 
You find yourself sleeping deeply eight hours a day. However, this eight hour period comes at inconvenient times, and most people are offended if you fall asleep while they're talking to you.

I wish there were less hoity-toity subdivisions and more neighborhoods like the nice little town I grew up in.

Posts: 550 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Polio
Member # 6479

- posted      Profile for Polio   Email Polio         Edit/Delete Post 
There are now more nice little neighborhoods where people all use words like "hoity-toity". Unfortunately, they are referred to as senior citizens' homes and you are too young to be admitted.

I wish I had pizza. GOOD pizza.

Posts: 165 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
You have truly excellent pizza. Unfortunately, it's your last day on a Roman holiday and you may never be able to afford to go back for another Quattro Frommagio from that little bistro tucked away near the Fora Romani. It sours you on regular pizza for ever.

I wish I had a really good data-aware graphics package.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted. Unfortunately, it's aware of a lot of other stuff, too, and it just used your internet connection to pirate 2001 and it LOVED it.

I wish everyone would just accept that I'm always right.

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted, sire! Unfortunately, the universe is now in irreconcilable paradox. *POOF*

I would wish that people would use the subjunctive properly, but Annie already did that a page back . . . so, I wish I had read this thread soon enough that I could have wished that everyone use the subjunctive properly.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

GRANTED! Unfortunately, al those people need to do now is learn how to spoke properly. Spake properly.... speaked properly... whatever...

I wish i had gotten more sleep.

AbeLinclon
Member # 6923

- posted      Profile for AbeLinclon   Email AbeLinclon         Edit/Delete Post 
wish granted but now you will sleep forever.

I wish I had a full ride to the college of my choice...

[ October 11, 2004, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: AbeLinclon ]

Posts: 42 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
And a greyhound bus appears at your doorstep tomorrow! Here's your ticket, free of charge.

I wish I had some nice beach front property in Malibu.

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted! Then the earthquake and Pacific hurricane season hits with full force, and your beachfront property becomes sea floor property.

I wish that all my laundry was done.

[ October 11, 2004, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: Scott R ]

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AbeLinclon
Member # 6923

- posted      Profile for AbeLinclon   Email AbeLinclon         Edit/Delete Post 
You are transported 1,000 years into the future where Malibu is a chep location. you own all the beach front homes but the ocean no longer exists. Instead it's a landfill...

I wish Christopher Reeves hadn't died.

Edit this was meant for two posts up^

[ October 11, 2004, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: AbeLinclon ]

Posts: 42 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott: Granted! The sock, cheese and broccoli casserole is coming out of the oven as we speak.

AbeLincoln: (hmm...I'm not sure I can make a joke of this.) Granted. Unfortunately, this causes a rift in the space/time continuum and the director of the next Superman movie is declared to be Vincent Gallo.

I wish I could figure out the least ornerous place to stay for Christmas.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
You figure it out. It's the Bahamas...but you can't go, because you have family obligations.

I wish I would stop making mistakes.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Granted! You're now God, and have to worry about every single little thing you do, and how that will reflect on you for aeons to come.

I wish that I had a pair of shoes that did not make my feet sweat.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  29  30  31   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.