FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack.ca v2.0 is over. Pictures starting on page 19! (Page 14)

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  19  20  21   
Author Topic: Hatrack.ca v2.0 is over. Pictures starting on page 19!
Desdemona
Member # 7100

- posted      Profile for Desdemona   Email Desdemona         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you. [Smile]
Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I noticed the other day that all the other cons have spawned multiple planning threads, one about hotels, one about who's coming, one about activities, and usually a couple trying to get specific people's attention to make plans for the trip. This one, all the planning has been done in this one big thread. I wonder why that is?

Oh, and 5 days left!

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Our ruthless Canadian efficiency. And we want everyone to think we're popular because we have a super long thread.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Our ruthless efficiency and our nice red uniforms.

No one expects a Royal Commission!

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desdemona
Member # 7100

<bumpity bump bump bump>

Because it's 6 days!

Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh, getting so excited! [Party]
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desdemona
Member # 7100

*cue The Maple Leaf Forever*
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't suppose any of you local lot know of any good poster stores in the area, do you?
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
There are definately several, Rei. It depends where you mean, "in the area".
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
er...well, a place that would not be insanely out of the way to get to...which I'm just realising may be hard to predict...do you know roughly where they are and we can figure out once I'm out there if it is practical?
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desdemona
Member # 7100

I just checked the weather. [Frown]

It's supposed to be a low of 1 and a high of 9, scattered showers. I was wishing it would be warm, but so be it.

ElJay
Member # 6358

Pfft. It's four days out. All that could change. [Wink]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

Rei: I know there's one somewhere on Yonge, but I'm not exactly sure where. There's a sort-of one further west down Bloor. I'm sure with a bit of research I could find the others... but I don't know if we'll be near them...
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

*nods* if we are, great...if not, c'est la vie

...and I leave in 3 days, 9hrs!

(yes...I'm at the "counting the hours" stage)

twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
The weather looks okay to me. Not warm, but not frigid, and it looks like we won't get snow. [Wink]

I'm still packing one pair of shorts. Hope springs eternal. But I will also pack my space pants and other jeans for practicality's sake.

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Thomas is in California with his grandparents right now...that temperature will be a rude awakening for him.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

oi...your weather is almost as bad as we had been having here, until yesterday. Stupid fickle weather...at least it's taken a turn for the much better, now.
twinky
Member # 693

So it's going to be a little cool... big deal! [Razz]

We'll still have fun. [Smile]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Promise?
twinky
Member # 693

Yup. [Smile]
ElJay
Member # 6358

Good. [Wink]
TheTick
Member # 2883

Get a room you two.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

We have one!
TheTick
Member # 2883

LOL
ElJay
Member # 6358

[Wink]
twinky
Member # 693

[Eek!]

Obviously I need to be more careful of what I say in this thread. You people... geez.

(Edit: Okay, okay, so maybe it was a little bit funny.)

[ April 18, 2005, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: twinky ]

Desdemona
Member # 7100

[Razz]

I"m so excited [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

twinky
Member # 693

Me too. I'm really looking forward to this weekend. I think it's going to be a ball. [Smile] [Smile]
Teshi
Member # 5024

I've notw finished my MediEVIL exam, so I can celebrate too, without feeling guilty! [Smile] [Big Grin]

It's such a shame about the weather. It's absolutely beautiful outside right now. I'm sure it won't dampedn our spirits at all but it's just annoying!

Desdemona
Member # 7100

Tomorrow it's supposed to be 26!!!

Time to break out the knee socks. I was SO warm today. I hate the uniform.

My homestay comes Wednesday [Smile]

And I meet you all friday [Smile]

[Smile] [Smile]

twinky
Member # 693

I used to wear knee socks when I was little. Probably because my dad does. [Big Grin]
Teshi
Member # 5024

Heh heh.

I still have my grey knee-socks with the green holding-up things that was part of the girls' uniform in the Cubs pack I was in.

Desdemona
Member # 7100

School wool kneesocks. School wool tights. No other options.

Broken air conditioning. Long sleeved blouses/sweaters.

[Embarrassed]

ElJay
Member # 6358

It's 21 and sunny here. I'm wearing sandals. [Smile] Fabulous, fabulous day. [Smile] [Smile]

But I'm excited about coming there, too, even if it is a little chillier than planned.

ElJay
Member # 6358

*bump*

Day after tomorrow I'm going to Toronto!

And Teshi, assuming you meet twinky and me first, you will be the first person I have been one of the two required hatrackers to "make" real. I'm pretty excited about that. [Smile]

Teshi
Member # 5024

Heh, well, if I meet Asta first before you and Twinky it might depend on who is walking faster or something.

Why are the exact criteria for being real? Is it sight? or do you actually have to talk? [Wink]

[Big Grin] [Smile] [Big Grin] [Smile] [Big Grin] [Smile]

twinky
Member # 693

I think "meeting" implies some sort of verbal introduction/confirmation of identity.
Teshi
Member # 5024

So... if I refuse to talk I could be there the whole time and you'd never know for sure?

[Razz]

twinky
Member # 693

Yup. And then you would still not be real because none of us could be completely sure it was really you.
ElJay
Member # 6358

Is Asta real, though? She knows Dan, obviously, but wasn't there some doubt as to if she and Raja have actually met? I don't think she's really real until they meet and confirm that, or she meets another real hatracker. [Wink]
Teshi
Member # 5024

Oooh, good point [Wink] ! So I have to meet and talk to you and twinky before I am real. *reminds self to be in talkative mood*

I'm so excited!

ElJay
Member # 6358

Or, if Dan comes, him and twinky, or if I stop at the corner to tie my shoe and twinky meets you, Asta, and Dan, then you'll both be real 'cause of the two of them. *laugh* As long as you talk enough to confirm your identity.
Teshi
Member # 5024

I can refuse, if you want, to talk until you arrive.

[Big Grin]

twinky
Member # 693

Astaril/Polly is real. I've met her once, though she wasn't a Hatracker at the time, and I think Dan had only just started posting. I'm not sure I even knew that Dan was posting yet (he kept it a secret from me for a while).
ElJay
Member # 6358

I appreciate the offer, but that's okay. [Smile] I don't need to manipulate reality ( [Wink] ) for my own personal satisfaction, if I don't get to help make you real it'll happen with someone else sometime. [Big Grin]
Teshi
Member # 5024

(That was what twinky calls a "deadpan" joke)

But I would have not talked (or not revealed my identity, which sounds awfully spy-ish), if you were sufficiently wishing to end my non-realness... [Smile]

ElJay
Member # 6358

quote:
(That was what twinky calls a "deadpan" joke)
Oh.

[Wink]

twinky
Member # 693

It's almost Wednesday! And Wednesday is practically Friday. Which means that since the con starts on Thursday for ME, it's essentially here already!

(The joys of engineering approximations... [Big Grin] )

ElJay
Member # 6358

It starts pretty late Thursday, ya know.
twinky
Member # 693

I'll worry about that on Thursday.
  This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  19  20  21   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.