FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack.ca v2.0 is over. Pictures starting on page 19! (Page 12)

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  19  20  21   
Author Topic: Hatrack.ca v2.0 is over. Pictures starting on page 19!
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
Rei is also coming with EL, and I think Jaiden and Pod are getting in much later Friday night, if I recall correctly.
Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I went a-rambling looking for the Browntone Bistro but I didn't go armed with an intersection so I just kind of perused. I didn't find it.

There are lots of places on Yonge, some nicer-looking than others. (That's rather an unfortunate section of Yonge; the strip-club bit.) I don't think I went south far enough to have passed it.

I found many of the places that we ruled out though! [Big Grin] .

However, I will go again, now I know the intersection and track it down.

One other thing: Meeting people on Yonge would be like searching for a needle in a haystack. I suggest we meet somewhere less bustling. Yonge on a Friday evening is chaos [Smile] .

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desdemona
Member # 7100

- posted      Profile for Desdemona   Email Desdemona         Edit/Delete Post 
What about in the subway station? One of the lesser-used ones
(Wellesly or that other one there) may be okay if we have a concrete spot (like underneath this sign or something.)

If that doesn't work, where do you suggest to meet?

Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desdemona
Member # 7100

...bump...

Because I'm so excited to meet everyone!

This March and April have probably been (and will continue to be) among the best of my life. Skiing for two weeks, robotics competition, Sachi coming to Canada, meeting Hatrackers... I am sooo excited!!!

And teshi, if you're curious, I dreamt about being lost on Dundas last night. But someone came up to me and pointed out that I was up the CN tower, so i couldn't be lost, so I knew where I was. It was altogether confusing.

Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

That's a great dream! [Evil]

[Smile]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desdemona
Member # 7100

Now I'm scared of Dundas, which is a problem because I live rather near it, and have to take it to get to school.

AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!!

[Mad]

Teshi
Member # 5024

Aw. *pat pat*.

I promise we won't go near Dundas [Big Grin] .

And I promise never to invade your dreams again. Or at least, my directions... [Confused] .

[Sleep]

Desdemona
Member # 7100

Hopefully I'll dream about something a little less confusing tonight.
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*

In one week from today, I'm going to Toronto! Just thought y'all would like to know.

What? You knew that already? Oh. Carry on then!

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

[The Wave]
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Also, why don't we just meet at the front of the museum? There might be a lot of people, but the area isn't all that large. I think you could probably pick us out of the crowd. I'm pretty tall, if all else fails.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

[Smile]

I know the partying is for the gathering being so soon, but seeing Teshi's post pop up just like that felt like it was for me coming, and I got a little ego boost. Not, um, like I need those. Anyway. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

That works. It's not too for from the museum to anywhere where we might eat, and never very busy, even on a Friday Night.

So what time are we meeting outside the museum pre-dinner on Friday?

And we should really start thinking about Saturday and Sunday because I'm going to have to start making sure I have enough change for the subway rides.

ELJay: It is for you coming! Am I right in thinking this is your first time in Canada?

[ April 14, 2005, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

twinky
Member # 693

The museum was really busy last summer during the Eternal Egypt exhibit. They brought in some really cool stuff.

But mostly I go there to see dinosaurs. [Big Grin]

ElJay
Member # 6358

Awwww. [Blushing] Thank you, Teshi!

Yes, it will be my first time in Canada.

And I saw the Eternal Eygpt exhibit! It was awesome! (At the Minneapolis Art Institute, assuming it was the same traveling exhibition, which is likely.)

twinky
Member # 693

I saw that exhibit with BtL. [Smile]

Teshi, about time -- I dunno. 5? 5:30? The four of us (you, me, ElJay, Astaril) are meeting EL, RD, Des, and Sachi. Everyone is getting there via public transit, IIRC. Also, you don't keep a supply of subway tokens on hand? What kind of Torontonian ARE you, anyway?

It being ElJay's first time in Canada, we will have to be sure to give her an extra special dose of wholesome Canadian goodness. [Big Grin]

Teshi
Member # 5024

Well, last time I waited on the steps of the museum on a Friday night it wasn't too busy, and if we're four or five people all waiting for who ever's meeting us there we'll be pretty obvious, I imagine... [Wink]

For people who are meeting us, the subway stop is Museum the North/South line and it's right there by the museum, assuming you come up the right (as in "not wrong") stairs.

quote:
Also, you don't keep a supply of subway tokens on hand? What kind of Torontonian ARE you, anyway?
One who walks. Everywhere.

Oh, good idea, I think I'll just invest in a bunch of tokens.

[ April 14, 2005, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

twinky
Member # 693

Yes, I think you're right (as in "not wrong"). [Smile]
Teshi
Member # 5024

It's actually the left stairs, if you're coming out.

And I refuse to be mocked [Wink] .

[ April 14, 2005, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

ElJay
Member # 6358

quote:
...an extra special dose of wholesome Canadian goodness. [Big Grin]
Am I right to feel frightened at this? [Angst]
Teshi
Member # 5024

I don't know, I have no idea what it entails.
twinky
Member # 693

quote:
One who walks. Everywhere.
Hm. I guess you don't live too far from downtown... when I lived in North York (both times) I took the subway to and from work as well as to pretty much anywhere I needed to go apart from basic errands.
Teshi
Member # 5024

In the last eight months I have taken the subway five times. I like to walk [Smile] . The longest I've walked is one way to Home Depot waaaaaay out at Keele Station. I took the subway back.
twinky
Member # 693

I like trains, so I like to take the subway. [Smile]

We'll send her (ElJay) home with a flag and one of those "Canada kicks ass" t-shirts. [Smile]

[ April 14, 2005, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: twinky ]

Desdemona
Member # 7100

I want one of those shirts!
Teshi
Member # 5024

I love to use the Subway... I love trains. This has been said before, I know. But the subway makes a hole in my pocket!
ElJay
Member # 6358

They have "Canada Kicks Ass" shirts? Cool. It'll go great with my "America is Scary" shirt...
Desdemona
Member # 7100

See, I was convinced that we were going to the museum after dinner, so we should meet there. Can someone de-confuse me?
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Canada Kicks Ass. What's really funny is how often the model is groping herself on that website. If we behaved like that all the time maybe we'd have more of a film industry [Wink]

Anyway, word on the street is that Dad's recent and last ditch change of meds is working wonders for him and, while things are by no means "good", they are also no longer "end of the line". So I'm thinking I may just attend Friday and catch a plane out of Pearson that night/some other time that weekend.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

I think that's still the plan, Des. But we have to pick up tickets or somesuch for the special exhibit before dinner so I think it makes as much sense to meet at the RoM before as it does after.
ElJay
Member # 6358

BtL, based on your description I will not be clicking on that link until I get home. [Smile]

And, while I understand it's not a sure thing, I am nonetheless thrilled that I might get to meet you after all. [Wink] If it does happen, I promise not to try to put you in my pocket.

Desdemona
Member # 7100

Thanks.

I am NOT having a good day. just rereading this thread makes me feel better. Thank you all! [Group Hug]

EDIT: Eljay snuck in while I was posting... [No No]

[ April 14, 2005, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: Desdemona ]

Teshi
Member # 5024

ElJay, as far as I can tell, the model to whom BtL is referring is pretty mundane.

Unless he's going to a different site.

There's nothing I would consider non-work safe...

ElJay
Member # 6358

Thanks, Teshi...

quote:
Access Denied by SmartFilter: Forbidden, this page (http://shop.canadaka.net/index.php?cPath=21) is categorized as: Nudity, Chat, Games.
Apparently you and my work have different definitions. [Big Grin]
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh. It's definately work safe and mundane. I was just amused when I clicked on the "Female Ringer" shirt and saw the model in red underwear and the accompanying shots of her pulling the shirt up. Bust then, if you're buying the shirt to be sexy I guess the pictures are what you want.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Dan!! That's... well, not "awesome," but it'll still be really good to see you. [Smile] [Smile]

ElJay, I hope you don't get in trouble, but on the other hand I'm laughing so very, very hard... [Big Grin]

ElJay
Member # 6358

twinky: [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

Also, [Razz]

twinky
Member # 693

quote:
Bust then, if you're buying the shirt to be sexy I guess the pictures are what you want.

Emphasis mine.

Ahahahahahahahahaha! [Big Grin]

Astaril
Member # 7440

So, BtL, if you come, does this mean you're going to get the bus to TO with me so I don't have to worry about accidentally getting off too early at that imaginary bus-stop?
Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

[ROFL]
Teshi
Member # 5024

ElJay, on the page that is directly linked to I swear that there is nothing remotely un-work safe other than the fact it's trying to sell you things.

However, I didn't click on anything else, so what BtL seems to be getting could be somewhere else...

Astaril
Member # 7440

Teshi, if you click on the picture of the first shirt on the page you linked to, the model pictures start to...well, let's say they focus more on the 'ass' part of the slogan than the 'Canada kicks'.
twinky
Member # 693

If you click any of the pictures to look at the shirts you are treated to scantily-clad models groping themselves. One is even pulling down her panties.
Teshi
Member # 5024

Ah. How charming.

EDIT: I didn't realise this might get you into trouble! I hope it doesn't!

[ April 14, 2005, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

ElJay
Member # 6358

You Canadians are trying to corrupt me already.

(Um, in case you couldn't tell, I'm totally rolling in laughter!)

[ April 14, 2005, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm surprised you didn't link to those shirts that say "Canadian girls kick ass"
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astaril
Member # 7440

*cough cough* Errrm...I may have one of those...
Desdemona
Member # 7100

I have a sweater that says "Kiss Me I'm Canadian"

but no Canadian Girls Kick Ass. [Frown]

Teshi
Member # 5024

I heard this very interesting Dinosaur News and thought our resident dinosaur enthusiast would be interested.

[Smile]

[ April 14, 2005, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  19  20  21   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.