FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The movie quote game (Page 35)

This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...  48  49  50   
Author Topic: The movie quote game
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I feel dumb. #5 is Mr. Smith Goes to Washington?
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
1. How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonide: 1
Brojack: 1
Narnia: 3
Damien: 4
Steve Rogers: 5
Carrie: 1
Raia: 1
Dan: 2

Two left and in this tight race if Damien can snag them both then he wins!

Clues for the final two

18. White guy, Indian name, English accent
16. Tar and feather

Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien.m
Member # 8462

- posted      Profile for Damien.m   Email Damien.m         Edit/Delete Post 
I only got eighteen this morning watching the simpsons. Its Mystery Men.

Havent got a clue about sixteen though.

Posts: 243 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, SPIDERMAN. Right!

I knew I had seen it...

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

The quote sounds familiar, but I'm not sure. Is #16 from The Music Man?
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien.m
Member # 8462

Yeah, I think it is. Cant believe the first time I play I get beaten by one! [Smile]
Posts: 243 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

Yep, congratz to Steve Rogers and Damien for an extremely close game.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I'll post a new list tomorrow.
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Here's the List:
1. No I didn't quite catch that Lou. Strider from Fight Club

2. I'm not? You mean I'm gonna STAY this color? Strider from The Jerk

3. Isn't the view beautiful? It takes my breath away. Well, it would if I had any.

4. Oh, yes. You think you can pilfer my filly, don't you? You think you can con an innocent woman out of her fortune?

5. When's the last time I was sick? Do you remember? Strider from Unbreakable

6. You're always on about it. "Will the girls like this? Will the girls like that? Is it too big? Is it too small? " Blackblade from Life of Brian

7. The zed-word. Don't say it! vonk from Shaun of the Dead

8. You may know kung fu... but you're still a fairy. Mr. Squicky from Kung Fu Hustle

9. Ok, so here were my options. (a), quickly duck left, dodge the claw and take him out with a spinning back kick, or (b), take the claw in the face, roll on the ground and die.

10. Alice, are you blind? Don't you see the family resemblance? That's my brother. Blackblade from Remember the Titans

11. Now I've asked you forty different ways and it's time you come up with a fresh answer. J_84 from Walk the Line

12. If I spoke prose you'd all find out / I don't know what I talk about. Luet13 from Yellow Submarine

13. We didn't lose Vietnam. It was a tie! BlackBlade from A Fish Called Wanda

14. Life? Don't talk to me about life! Sean from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

15. Reiben, pay attention: now, this is the way to gripe. Continue, Jackson. Mr. Squicky from Saving Private Ryan

16. Look, we all go way back and uh, I owe you from the thing with the guy in the place and I'll never forget it. Sean from Ocean's 11

17. Is it? Or is it the single most powerful stage-move in any rocker's arsenal? vonk from The Pick of Destiny

18. I haven't had anything yet, so how can I have some more of nothing? vonk from The Sandlot

19. You say to stand against the wall! I just do what you say! Not my fault! Not my fault! Mr. Squicky from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

20. He seems to be completely unreceptive. The tests I gave him showed no sense at all. His eyes react to light; the dials detect it. He hears but cannot answer to your call. Luet13 from Tommy

[ May 31, 2007, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: SteveRogers ]

Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Fight Club
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

5. Unbreakable
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Both correct.
Strider
Member # 1807

2. The Jerk!
Strider
Member # 1807

damn, i know more too, but I gotta wait an hour right?
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
6: Life of Brian
13: A Fish Called Wanda

I may have double posted, but my OP did not show up!

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
10: Rememeber The Titans
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean
Member # 689

- posted      Profile for Sean   Email Sean         Edit/Delete Post 
14 - Hitchhikers
16 - Oceans's 11

Posts: 148 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
14. Life? Don't talk to me about life!
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
edit: dang

quote:
16. Look, we all go way back and uh, I owe you from the thing with the guy in the place and I'll never forget it.
Ocean's 11
edit 2: double dang

quote:
19. You say to stand against the wall! I just do what you say! Not my fault! Not my fault!
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

quote:
15. Reiben, pay attention: now, this is the way to gripe. Continue, Jackson.
Saving Private Ryan
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
12. Yellow Submarine
20. Tommy

Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

quote:
8. You may know kung fu... but you're still a fairy.
Kung Fu Hustle
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Originally posted by MrSquicky:
quote:
8. You may know kung fu... but you're still a fairy.
Kung Fu Hustle
Ha! Figures I could not recall where this was from. I knew I'd heard this line but I've only watched that movie with subtitles and I am pretty sure "fairy" is not the literal translation.

edit: Also the R rating in that movie makes NO sense to me.

vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
18 - Sandlot
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

3 - What Dreams May Come?

Nope, nevermind.

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

17 - Tenacious D: Pick of Destiny
vonk
Member # 9027

7 - Sean of the Dead
Strider
Member # 1807

damn you guys. stealing all the other ones I know!
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Strider: 3
BlackBlade: 3
Sean: 2
Mr. Squicky: 3
Luet13: 2
vonk: 3

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I guess my list was pretty easy, huh?
Perplexity'sDaughter
Member # 9668

- posted      Profile for Perplexity'sDaughter   Email Perplexity'sDaughter         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I jump in? Just popped by this on a whim and think I might know this one.

3. I think it's Casper (as in the friendly ghost)

Posts: 55 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J_84
Member # 10351

- posted      Profile for J_84           Edit/Delete Post 
11. Walk the Line
Posts: 12 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

No and then yes.
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

J_84: 1

Hints-

#3 and #4 were both nominated for the same Academy Award.

#9 was dubbed from a real kung-fu movie.

[ May 31, 2007, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: SteveRogers ]

Itsame
Member # 9712

[Frown] I came in late, anyway 3. Corpse Bride 4. Wallace and Gromit, and 9. a movie which I HATED watching, Kung Pow.
Damien.m
Member # 8462

^Dang it Jon! The only three I knew!
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

J_84: 1
JonHecht: 3

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

That means we have a four way tie. Is there some sort of tie breaker, or does one of you just want to go ahead and do a list?
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

A tie breaker works just fine for me.

But I'd be happy to do a new list, as it would make this last stretch of drudgery before the glorious weekened that much easier to bear.

But again whatever the current list's author decides.

Damien.m
Member # 8462

You might as well go ahead and make a list. The tie breaker wont work because we wont know when all three are online at the same time.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Well if Strider, Mr. Squicky, Vonk, and Jon all concure Ill start, as I'd rather not start and have somebody not be OK with the arrangement.

But hey Stever can decide however he wants, its his thread right now.

vonk
Member # 9027

Do it, brother. I don't really have time to make a list.
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

Nor do I. Make a list...but make it good or, so help me, I'll whine like you've never heard.
Strider
Member # 1807

go for it. If your list is crap I'm taking it out on Mr. Squicky.
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I declare BlackBlade the winner! [The Wave]
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

OK I am compiling a list, but it will take some time. Stay tuned!
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

3 guesses an hour, hints come if quotes go unidentified by tomorrow morning.

1) "What is it you value most? Would you give me the pleasure of taking it away from you?" Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, Damien

2) "I never like him anyway....he wasn't right in the head." Braveheart, TheGrimace.

3) "Ceasar Romaro did not play the clarinet!"While You Were Sleeping, Narnia.

4) "Dude, Duuuude, DUDE! dude..DUDE! DUUUDE! Dude........I guess you have a point." Baseketball, Steverogers.

5) "Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG. Zoom-Boing. Z'nourrwringmm" Monty Python: Quest For The Holy Grail, Jon.

6) "What I do not give, you must never take by force."

7) "If this works... she won't bother me."
"Your wife?"
"No, her mother. The old hag wants grandchildren." Apocalypto, Stryder.

8) "FREDDY!"
"Just an atmospheric discharge. Nothing to be afraid of."Young Frankenstein, Jon.

9) "I sound my barbaric yawp over the rooftops of the world!" Dead Poet's Society, Narnia.

10) "And mom! You look so...so...so........thin!" Back To The Future I, Strider. Though technically your typed the wrong number in your post Strider. If the correct guess hadn't been RIGHT next to what you said I would not have given it to you.

11) "Four minutes, forty-eight seconds. We're all dead. Burned to a crisp." Royal Tenembaums, Damien.

12) "It's not contaminated, you don't even know what that word means." Signs, Narnia.

13) "Look, we all go way back and uh, I owe you from the thing with the guy in the place and I'll never forget it." Oceans Eleven, Raia.

14) "I loves Harpo, God knows I do. But I'll kill him dead 'fo I let him beat me." The Color Purple, Luet13.

15) "He's not my father. He's my lover." Leon The Professional, Damien.

16) "Why am I worried about this? You did it! All I gotta do is go tell 'em what happened. But they'll say, "Who left him alone with the picture?" And I'll say, "Me". And they'll say, "You're fired" and I'll say, "Fine". They'll say, "No, no, no, firing's not good enough. Let's prosecute you for negligence". I go to jail, my wife leaves me, my daughter becomes a prostitute, I wind up on death row sharing a cell with Butch McDick!" Bean, Narnia.

17) "He he...Set it off now..Set if off... now? Ha ha! Yes! We'll set the trap off now!" Great Mouse Detective, Damien.

18) "It's everyone's worst nightmare; you get into a cab and there's some psycho from Jersey behind the wheel." The Bone Collector, Damien.

19) "You know Teague, he won't take "Go to Hell" for an answer." Poltergeist, SteveRogers.

20) "Problem with the phone?"
"No, it's just... I was trying to figure out what to say."
"If it's a woman you're calling, you say - "You're good woman, I'm good man!" Spiderman 3, Jon.

Good luck folks!

[ June 04, 2007, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: BlackBlade ]

Damien.m
Member # 8462

1. FF7 Advent Children.
11. Royal Tenembaums.
17. Great Mouse Detective.

Strider
Member # 1807

7. Apocalypto
Itsame
Member # 9712

5. Lets go back to memorization.... Holy Grail
8. Young Frankenstein. I can see this is going to be a good one for me as you seem to like cult movies... so do I.
20. Spiderman 3, which was NOT NEARLY as good at the other two, IMO. Maybe I am biased cause I watched it on a computer so the graphics aren't as good.
Edit: Alright, I am just going to exclude myself from this game from now on because I have an unfair advantage: I have an amazing phonographic memory (near perfect) and I am a cinemaphile. Sorry.

[ June 01, 2007, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: JonHecht ]

This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...  48  49  50   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.