FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Heroes (Page 31)

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32  33  34   
Author Topic: Heroes
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Never liked that comic :/.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BaoQingTian
Member # 8775

- posted      Profile for BaoQingTian   Email BaoQingTian         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think that Mohinder is so blinded by a desire for revenge that he hasn't considered the repercussions of what he is doing. I'm sure he has a contingency plan on getting Molly out of their hands and into hiding.

The only glaringly stupid thing that he's done is not put a bullet in Sylar's brain when he had the chance (twice). Both times Sylar was out cold. So rather than stupidity, it may just be that he has a hard time killing someone execution style (or at all).

Posts: 1412 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I suppose we COULD give him the benefit of the doubt. We'll soon see.

I wish that the writers would have indicated some motivation (or anti-motivation) for Mohinder not shooting Sylar when he had the chance. Ah well.

Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Heroes has already spawned a spin-off.

Next year, "Heroes: Origins" will introduce a new Hero every week and we the people get to pick who stays and who goes.

I guess NBC decided the best thing to do was breed the two biggest hits, Heroes and American Idol, and then air their demon spawn on television. I don't mind a spinoff, heck, I'd love for them to do a show about Linderman's generation, I think it could be cool. But THIS sounds goofy.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Next year, "Heroes: Origins" will introduce a new Hero every week and we the people get to pick who stays and who goes.
I wish they would implement this on the real "Heroes" just once, so that we could kick Niki off of the show.

Ali Larter has cemented herself in my mind as my least favorite actress for years to come.

But yeah, in general, this sounds really dumb. I hope they don't kill the show with these sorts of ideas.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:

I guess NBC decided the best thing to do was breed the two biggest hits, Heroes and American Idol, and then air their demon spawn on television. I don't mind a spinoff, heck, I'd love for them to do a show about Linderman's generation, I think it could be cool. But THIS sounds goofy.

Please tell me you're joking.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just_me
Member # 3302

- posted      Profile for just_me           Edit/Delete Post 
Was just reading through and saw this back on page 29...

quote:
Originally posted by theCrowsWife:
quote:
Originally posted by ludosti:
I don't think Sylar killed DL - I vaguely remember his name being on the list of people (to help break out past-Hiro) future-Hiro brought to Mr. Bennet.

Candace's name was on that list, too, but it still turned out that Sylar had killed her.

--Mel

When Parkman was talking to Bennet they mentioned the arrangement they had where Parkman got the "dangerous ones" and Bennet hid the others. I think DL and Candace went to Bennet to hide them and he turned them over to Parkman (who then turned them over to Sylar as Nathan). Bennet called Parkman on Hiro and Ando after all - probably to maintain his end of the deal in part and probably since he couldn't produce the people on the list that Hiro brought him since he had betrayed them...
Posts: 409 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gsim1337
Member # 10168

- posted      Profile for gsim1337   Email gsim1337         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

[Eek!]

I don't know whether to do this [Wall Bash] or this [Cry] .

Posts: 81 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BaoQingTian
Member # 8775

- posted      Profile for BaoQingTian   Email BaoQingTian         Edit/Delete Post 
I should just stop watching in two weeks. I've had my heart broken way to many times by network television. I just don't think that I can ever love again. It may have to be all about the DVD releases for shows.
Posts: 1412 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

9/10 for that one, and I hate to give out such high scores will-nilly.

I LOVE Hiro's dad. Japanese sentimentality/drama is so cute/touching.

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
An enjoyable episode. It started off a bit slow, but it did what it needed to do: set up the big season finale. I'm really looking forward to it. I probably won't get to see it till the week after next though, as I'll be in Hawaii next week (with probably no real access to TV and internet).
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

funny how a sci-fi show can have the same finale drama as 24 -- nuke about to go off, how to stop it.
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Michael Shanks is now on 24, I may just have to go and watch it now.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

As I understand it, Lyr, "Origins" will be an anthology-type show, not a "contest show" per se. There -will- be voting, but it will be conducted online, not within the actual series.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
This episode was pretty messed up. I didn't think Linderman would die, and I certainly didn't think DL would take him out like that. On the bright side, while Niki still annoyed the crap out of me, I actually liked Jessica.

Mohinder still gets my vote for dumbest smart person ever. Bennett has announced that he fears Molly because his daughter will never be safe while she lives. All Mohinder has to do is offer to take Molly away and hide her from the Company. Bennett would even help him do it.

I'm really curious as to why Parkman didn't hear Mohinder and Molly. Were they just too far away, or should I expect the Haitian to pop up in the next room?

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

quote:
Originally posted by AvidReader:
This episode was pretty messed up. I didn't think Linderman would die, and I certainly didn't think DL would take him out like that. On the bright side, while Niki still annoyed the crap out of me, I actually liked Jessica.

Mohinder still gets my vote for dumbest smart person ever. Bennett has announced that he fears Molly because his daughter will never be safe while she lives. All Mohinder has to do is offer to take Molly away and hide her from the Company. Bennett would even help him do it.

I'm really curious as to why Parkman didn't hear Mohinder and Molly. Were they just too far away, or should I expect the Haitian to pop up in the next room?

I'm agreed on several counts. My wife asked, "Why the heck don't they just TALK to each other?"

Lots of people died in this episode: it was almost like a season ending episode of 24 in that regard! Let's see:

Linderman
DL (presumably)
Ted
Bennett's former boss

Did I miss anyone?

Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
DL was in the "coming next week" scenes, so he might not be down yet.

I did get my son to crack up by yelling, right after Sylar got Ted, "You killed Ted, you medieval dickweed!"

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn Chris.. I wish I had said that.
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Bennett killing Thompson was the best thing I've ever seen. None of this, "Now I've got you. Any last words? Do you know why I'm going to kill you? Do you know what your biggest mistake was? How about those Cubs? Oh, yeah, I'm really going to shoot you. Any second now. So don't try and make a play for my gun or anything like that while I'm distracted."

Just "bang". Granted, there was the requisite snide comment, but then just... "bang". I liked it.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
Bennett killing Thompson was the best thing I've ever seen. None of this, "Now I've got you. Any last words? Do you know why I'm going to kill you? Do you know what your biggest mistake was? How about those Cubs? Oh, yeah, I'm really going to shoot you. Any second now. So don't try and make a play for my gun or anything like that while I'm distracted."

Just "bang". Granted, there was the requisite snide comment, but then just... "bang". I liked it.

Agreed. Of course, the snide comment would have been cooler AFTER being shot by Bennett, because then it wouldn't have given the dude any warnings. Ah well.
Feer
Member # 9846

- posted      Profile for Feer   Email Feer         Edit/Delete Post 
I have never yelled at the T.V. so much in my life, either in joy or anger, then I did last night watching heroes. When Ted died I too screamed obscenities, I was not a happy camper. But when Thompson and Linderman died, I was Jumping up and down with excitment.
Posts: 160 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

Yes, the killing of Thompson was efficent and sweet, and rather pleasant -- no digressions, nothing. In real life, you need to kill the person about to kill you, not equivicate.

The ending scene with the speech and changing views was touching, very strong dramatically and well within the confines of good taste.

gsim1337
Member # 10168

- posted      Profile for gsim1337   Email gsim1337         Edit/Delete Post 
Why didnt't Ted blast Sylar when he started to cut open his head? Does Sylar jam people's power when he does that?
Posts: 81 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd imagine that the pain of getting the top of your head removed would distract you enough that you wouldn't think to use your power.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
Darn all of you and your discussing Heroes! I was out last night and missed it and now I have to wait until Friday on SciFi! [Cry]
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feer
Member # 9846

- posted      Profile for Feer   Email Feer         Edit/Delete Post 
So does Physcal illness and fatigue affect the powers of all the mutants? Like the virus affected Mollys abilty to locate people?
Posts: 160 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

if powers are biologically inclined yes.
Damien.m
Member # 8462

- posted      Profile for Damien.m   Email Damien.m         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone else think that maybe when DL put his hand through Linderman that he may have been healed?
Posts: 243 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

quote:
Originally posted by Damien.m:
Does anyone else think that maybe when DL put his hand through Linderman that he may have been healed?

I doubt it, but I suppose it's possible.
Phanto
Member # 5897

vonk: You could always watch it on the website.
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I've watched the last 6 online. It's so much better than sitting through commercials.
Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

My first thought when Linderman got to Nathan's house was that he was going to heal his wife. Granted I only called it about two minutes before it actually happened, but I still totally called it. [Smile]

I like Hiro's father now. I thought he was a bit of a dick at first, and I still thought he was in league with Linderman, but the way he helped his son, and let him go off and follow his destiny, that was really cool. That whole scene was cool, with the possible exception of how unbelievable it was that Hiro became a sword master in like an hour. I guess the George Takei School of Swordsmanship is some potent stuff.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
FYI: Sci-Fi channel is having a Heroes marathon on Saturday. 21 episodes.
http://www.scifi.com/schedulebot/index.php3?date=19-MAY-2007&feed_req=

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Here is a clip that includes Masi Oka being interviewed at a comic book store. His impression of George Takei is hi-frakkin'-larious.
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Finally! After three weeks of missing it, I caught up last night. Stupid slow internet connection takes forever to download the episodes.

I'm really thinking that Mama Petrelli will die. She and Linderman are the power players behind the nuclear bomb and they were both conspicuously absent from the future episode. Now Linderman is dead. That just leaves Mama Petrelli.

The comic seemed to indicate that Papa Petrelli didn't have any power (when he met up with Linderman in Vietnam). But then Mama Petrelli says that he had some crazy power or something. I'll be curious as to the heritage of the Petrelli family.

Big thing: Unless there are multiple people who can walk through walls (logically sound but that would be annoying for them to throw in duplicate powers on the show), the future has changed. Well, it's changed if DL really died, because Sylar won't have his power.

Yeah, I'm definitely really curious as to who's going to blow up. I knew it wouldn't be Ted. But Sylar and Peter really look kind of a like. The pictures of the burning man could just as easily be one or the other. Peter can control his ability now, and there really hasn't been any precedent for him losing control of an ability he already has, just having a hard time harnessing it to begin with. Sylar seems to have his mind set on blowing the city up now. It seems almost like the end result of the future can't be changed, but the specifics can. Like, now instead of Peter blowing up, Sylar will. Still a big boom. But then ... if Sylar can't regenerate, will he die when he blows up? Gah! I don't know.

Interesting thing - In the future, the legislation which made it hard for mutants to live was called the Linderman Act. Maybe in honor of him? But he was always a shadowy behind the scenes player. And also, in the future they mentioned a war. I don't think that really has any bearing on anything, but seriously, if Peter were on one side and he mastered the ability of teleporting/stopping time, how could his side lose the war?

Final thoughts: Ando going off with the sword was awesome. Ando, one of the two main characters (the other being Bennet) without a power, going off to kill the most dangerous character in the show. Bennet offing Thompson was sweet. And I really really don't trust Suresh anywhere near a gun. He will find some way to screw the situation up.

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Here is a clip that includes Masi Oka being interviewed at a comic book store. His impression of George Takei is hi-frakkin'-larious.

Maybe I am just stupid but I can't find the link to the actual video on that page anywhere [Frown]
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Strangelove:
Final thoughts: Ando going off with the sword was awesome. Ando, one of the two main characters (the other being Bennet) without a power, going off to kill the most dangerous character in the show. Bennet offing Thompson was sweet. And I really really don't trust Suresh anywhere near a gun. He will find some way to screw the situation up.

Suresh is without powers also. Or did I forget something.
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
quote:

Maybe I am just stupid but I can't find the link to the actual video on that page anywhere [Frown]
Right under the headline, there's a window with a picture of Masi Oka and Kristin standing in a comic book store. It's an embedded video. If you click on it, it'll play.

If you don't have Javascript enabled in your browser, it should say "You must have JavaScript enabled to watch Vine Videos".

ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But then ... if Sylar can't regenerate, will he die when he blows up?

I don't know, but Ted did seem ok after that whole thing in the Bennet house, even though it burned Claire pretty badly.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Sylar wasnt killed in the new timeline because Hiro by traveling in the future isnt there to kill Sylar so things are still up for grabs.
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

quote:
Originally posted by ricree101:
quote:
But then ... if Sylar can't regenerate, will he die when he blows up?

I don't know, but Ted did seem ok after that whole thing in the Bennet house, even though it burned Claire pretty badly.
Good point. I hadn't considered that.
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
Sylar wasnt killed in the new timeline because Hiro by traveling in the future isnt there to kill Sylar so things are still up for grabs.

But Hiro came back.
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

now he did, remember this is time travel we are talking about, he came back so now the future will change again.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

In the future timeline, Hiro didn't kill Sylar until AFTER the nuclear blast went off anyway, so though much has already changed, killing Sylar after or before the blast can still happen. Though, since we now know that Hiro never actually killed Sylar, it's kind of a moot point.
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by brojack17:
quote:

Suresh is without powers also. Or did I forget something.
Nope, I forgot something. Lucidity is not always my strong point.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
In the future timeline, Hiro didn't kill Sylar until AFTER the nuclear blast went off anyway, so though much has already changed, killing Sylar after or before the blast can still happen. Though, since we now know that Hiro never actually killed Sylar, it's kind of a moot point.

Edit: I basically said the same thing you did. lol
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Marathon going on at SciFi right now. I'm disappointed, though, I was hoping for the whole thing. They started with episode 9, will go through to the end, and cap it off with the pilot.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
NBC currently has ALL the episodes available on their web site to watch for free.
Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

The show had a really different feel at first, I think. It's a pity it's gonna be a one season thing, and even moreso that we're gonna be bombarded in spin-offs, but it was a good thing while it lasted, and having that hour of my week back will be nice.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Certainly Heroes will spawn a number of similar sci-fi/fantasy type shows from NBC and other networks, because what works is copied, that's television.

But the only official spinoff is an 8 episode arc called Origins, and it will show during a two month hiatus next season specifically to make sure that people don't lose interest during the long hiatus (as happened this year). At first I didn't like it, but having something to watch during the break sounds nice, I just think the voting angle is pretty stupid.

And there's no cause to fret yet, there's no reason to believe that S2 of Heroes will be bad, or of lesser quality than S1.

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32  33  34   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.